Phil Kessel - you're on the list!!

Forum: NHL Betting
Author: [NHL Betting] Topic: Phil Kessel - you're on the list!!
DA_BOYS PM DA_BOYS
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4826
 
DA_BOYS
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/31/2013 9:51:21 PM
list:
Jeff Carter
Phil Kessel

Douchebags who can't hit an EN from the blue line.

KingHendrik PM KingHendrik
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 148
 
KingHendrik
Participation Meter
Prospect
Posted: 1/31/2013 9:55:13 PM
Unreal I had the over as well... Guy can't buy a goal he had 3-4 chances during the coarse of the game and then boom an EN from the blueline and he shanks it and there goes my money down the drain unreal... That game should have went over wayyy earlier in the evening 3 posts to boot... Joke of a game
wawakid PM wawakid
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6227
 
wawakid
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/31/2013 9:57:09 PM
Andy Macdonald missed from even closer than that tonight to ALMOST f*ck over my STL TT OV 3
packersbackers PM packersbackers
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 14453
 
packersbackers
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 1/31/2013 9:58:12 PM
The refs surely had the over calling all those fake penalties but the teams just couldn't follow the script,,,Tim Donaughey gamnam style 
pdouble PM pdouble
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 7632
 
pdouble
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/31/2013 10:17:14 PM
how bout ovechkin  , he couldn't hit one from the blueline
LEAFSRGR8 PM LEAFSRGR8
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 2198
 
LEAFSRGR8
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 1/31/2013 10:22:31 PM
wawa wow was i cursing at Mcdonald,,,how in the hell do you miss that.....lucky they score after
wawakid PM wawakid
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6227
 
wawakid
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/31/2013 10:37:01 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by LEAFSRGR8:

wawa wow was i cursing at Mcdonald,,,how in the hell do you miss that.....lucky they score after

I hear ya Bud

When you're sitting on a push in the 1st per and Mason comes into the game and it still almost didn't cash.

Just glad we both cashed

IHIOUSE PM IHIOUSE
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8090
 
IHIOUSE
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 1/31/2013 10:54:41 PM
down syndrome kessel
packersbackers PM packersbackers
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 14453
 
packersbackers
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 2/1/2013 9:14:34 AM
The more I think about kessel, the more I'm reminded of a young Steve Yzerman...

Stevie Y was a heralded young stud with extreme offensive prowess but played on arguably one of the worst teams in the 80,s,,,the red wings were a complete joke of a franchise for quite some time,,,after a few seasons of run and gun hockey, Scotty Bowman comes on board and changes the overall philosophy of the red wings, turns them into a more disciplined, defensive team while being offensively opportunistic and Stevie Y buys into bowmans new system and leads by example, albeit sacrificing his own personal stats for the greater good of the team,,,instead of Yzerman scoring like pavel bure, he turns into a complete player and leader, and an eventual champion...

Now, will kessel/Carlyle be the beginning of a positive shift in this franchise? Will fratten/kadry/koska/reimer/lupu/gardner, etc all be allowed to develop as young talent for a period of two solid years like the red wings in the early 90's and gel as an entire cohesive unit? Will Nonis as GM make the right free agent moves with seasoned proven vets with some tread left on their tires like the red wings used to always pick up veteran leadership? Who really knows....but I think a lot of the foundation is in place,,,,and kessel could be the Stevie Y of this group for the next decade if this team and management stay the course and allow the process to continue and not make any foolish moves....Burke is a proven GM, love him after 3-5 years of him being fired because the man truly does build teams from scratch (Anaheim and Vancouver are perfect examples), but you tend to hate the guy while he's your GM because that's typically when the team sucks and is going thru the tough times....just my thoughts on kessel and company...and I'm not even a leafs fan but living in Toronto, it's everywhere you go
oli_renaud91 PM oli_renaud91
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2989
 
oli_renaud91
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/1/2013 9:24:11 AM
Yeah I was on the over in the Toronto games....but Kessel had an opponent on his back or near...

I had St-Louis -2.5 on alternate puckline....Mcdonald missed one of the easiest goal of the season for sure....completly alone in the right circle
DA_BOYS PM DA_BOYS
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4826
 
DA_BOYS
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/1/2013 9:26:39 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packersbackers:

The more I think about kessel, the more I'm reminded of a young Steve Yzerman...

Stevie Y was a heralded young stud with extreme offensive prowess but played on arguably one of the worst teams in the 80,s,,,the red wings were a complete joke of a franchise for quite some time,,,after a few seasons of run and gun hockey, Scotty Bowman comes on board and changes the overall philosophy of the red wings, turns them into a more disciplined, defensive team while being offensively opportunistic and Stevie Y buys into bowmans new system and leads by example, albeit sacrificing his own personal stats for the greater good of the team,,,instead of Yzerman scoring like pavel bure, he turns into a complete player and leader, and an eventual champion...

Now, will kessel/Carlyle be the beginning of a positive shift in this franchise? Will fratten/kadry/koska/reimer/lupu/gardner, etc all be allowed to develop as young talent for a period of two solid years like the red wings in the early 90's and gel as an entire cohesive unit? Will Nonis as GM make the right free agent moves with seasoned proven vets with some tread left on their tires like the red wings used to always pick up veteran leadership? Who really knows....but I think a lot of the foundation is in place,,,,and kessel could be the Stevie Y of this group for the next decade if this team and management stay the course and allow the process to continue and not make any foolish moves....Burke is a proven GM, love him after 3-5 years of him being fired because the man truly does build teams from scratch (Anaheim and Vancouver are perfect examples), but you tend to hate the guy while he's your GM because that's typically when the team sucks and is going thru the tough times....just my thoughts on kessel and company...and I'm not even a leafs fan but living in Toronto, it's everywhere you go

You should be shot for comparing Kessel to Yzerman.
packersbackers PM packersbackers
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 14453
 
packersbackers
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 2/1/2013 9:39:41 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DA_BOYS:


You should be shot for comparing Kessel to Yzerman.

Did Yzerman have to overcome cancer as a youngster?
Did Yzerman have to deal with all the madness of the Toronto media?
Did Yzerman have to live up to an impossible standard based on a questionable trade made by a rebel GM?

Turn the gun 180 degrees bruh
DA_BOYS PM DA_BOYS
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4826
 
DA_BOYS
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/1/2013 9:53:19 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packersbackers:

The more I think about kessel, the more I'm reminded of a young Steve Yzerman...

Stevie Y was a heralded young stud with extreme offensive prowess but played on arguably one of the worst teams in the 80,s,,,the red wings were a complete joke of a franchise for quite some time,,,after a few seasons of run and gun hockey, Scotty Bowman comes on board and changes the overall philosophy of the red wings, turns them into a more disciplined, defensive team while being offensively opportunistic and Stevie Y buys into bowmans new system and leads by example, albeit sacrificing his own personal stats for the greater good of the team,,,instead of Yzerman scoring like pavel bure, he turns into a complete player and leader, and an eventual champion...

Now, will kessel/Carlyle be the beginning of a positive shift in this franchise? Will fratten/kadry/koska/reimer/lupu/gardner, etc all be allowed to develop as young talent for a period of two solid years like the red wings in the early 90's and gel as an entire cohesive unit? Will Nonis as GM make the right free agent moves with seasoned proven vets with some tread left on their tires like the red wings used to always pick up veteran leadership? Who really knows....but I think a lot of the foundation is in place,,,,and kessel could be the Stevie Y of this group for the next decade if this team and management stay the course and allow the process to continue and not make any foolish moves....Burke is a proven GM, love him after 3-5 years of him being fired because the man truly does build teams from scratch (Anaheim and Vancouver are perfect examples), but you tend to hate the guy while he's your GM because that's typically when the team sucks and is going thru the tough times....just my thoughts on kessel and company...and I'm not even a leafs fan but living in Toronto, it's everywhere you go

Awfully defensive for someone who isn't a leafs fan...

You're not fooling anyone.  I know you are wearing your Wendel Clark jersey right now.

I don't disagree with the fact that he has had to deal with very tough situations (cancer, horrible toronto fans and media, expectations of him) but he does not even come close to the skill level of Yzerman, the competitiveness of Yzerman, the hard work ethic of Yzerman, the non-selfishness of Yzerman, the leadership of Yzerman.....the list can go on and on.

Go back to watching the black and white highlights of the 1967 stanley cup finals.  I'm sure it's already loaded in your dvd player just waiting to be watched again. 
packersbackers PM packersbackers
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 14453
 
packersbackers
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 2/1/2013 10:00:05 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DA_BOYS:


Awfully defensive for someone who isn't a leafs fan...

You're not fooling anyone.  I know you are wearing your Wendel Clark jersey right now.

I don't disagree with the fact that he has had to deal with very tough situations (cancer, horrible toronto fans and media, expectations of him) but he does not even come close to the skill level of Yzerman, the competitiveness of Yzerman, the hard work ethic of Yzerman, the non-selfishness of Yzerman, the leadership of Yzerman.....the list can go on and on.

Go back to watching the black and white highlights of the 1967 stanley cup finals.  I'm sure it's already loaded in your dvd player just waiting to be watched again. 

How much did you lose betting on the leafs game last night?

Perhaps you lost more than what's comfortable for you, as you clearly aren't able to carry on a normal discussion,,,because everyone who lives in Toronto must be a leafs fan according to your logic....man, I wish I was your bookie 
packersbackers PM packersbackers
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 14453
 
packersbackers
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 2/1/2013 10:01:59 AM
Lol,,,and by the way, the other guy on "your list" just won the cup in LA....but sure, I guess he's also a douche because you lost more money betting on the kings too 
DoubleUp4Life PM DoubleUp4Life
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 38046
 
DoubleUp4Life
Participation Meter
Legend
Posted: 2/1/2013 10:03:44 AM
Just trade Kessel to the Sabres 


 Ville Leino should be a even deal
DA_BOYS PM DA_BOYS
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 4826
 
DA_BOYS
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/1/2013 10:21:53 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by packersbackers:


How much did you lose betting on the leafs game last night?

Perhaps you lost more than what's comfortable for you, as you clearly aren't able to carry on a normal discussion,,,because everyone who lives in Toronto must be a leafs fan according to your logic....man, I wish I was your bookie 

Actually it was the over I bet.  I lost that wager but was still up for the day, again.  I've only had one losing day so far this nhl year and it was a minor losing day.
Not everyone in Toronto is a leafs fan but it's funny how someone who says they are not a leafs fan then takes it as a personal attack when someone insults a leafs player is definitely a leafs fan.  Not to mention comparing Kessel to Yzerman.  If that is not a dead giveaway then I don't know what is.

And yes Carter is a douche.  Philly kicked his lazy butt out for a reason.

thehuntman PM thehuntman
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 9286
 
thehuntman
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/1/2013 10:40:28 AM

Phil is snake bitten bigtime right now....I was at the game last night and he is getting chances to score just about every shift he is out there. I had the Leafs and the over last night so his miss at the empty net hurt for sure but that happens when your holding the stick a little to tightly.

 

packersbackers PM packersbackers
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 14453
 
packersbackers
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 2/1/2013 10:56:37 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by DA_BOYS:


Actually it was the over I bet.  I lost that wager but was still up for the day, again.  I've only had one losing day so far this nhl year and it was a minor losing day.
Not everyone in Toronto is a leafs fan but it's funny how someone who says they are not a leafs fan then takes it as a personal attack when someone insults a leafs player is definitely a leafs fan.  Not to mention comparing Kessel to Yzerman.  If that is not a dead giveaway then I don't know what is.

And yes Carter is a douche.  Philly kicked his lazy butt out for a reason.


Got any links to all your winning days?
I'm not defending kessel as a leaf, but as an athlete who has overcome adversity unlike you could ever imagine. You come across as an amateur based on your own words.
Calling Carter lazy proves you don't know anything about hockey, and if you have had even one winning sports betting day in your life, that would come as a surprise to me, but I'm sure your bookie loves you 

duke8628 PM duke8628
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1267
 
duke8628
Participation Meter
Veteran
Posted: 2/1/2013 11:02:09 AM
Typical homer Leaf fans in this thread.  comparing Kessell to Steve Yzerman and mentioning the Leafs in the same sentence as arguably the greatest dynasty in NHL history.
packersbackers PM packersbackers
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 14453
 
packersbackers
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 2/1/2013 11:16:27 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by duke8628:

Typical homer Leaf fans in this thread.  comparing Kessell to Steve Yzerman and mentioning the Leafs in the same sentence as arguably the greatest dynasty in NHL history.

Stick to those parlays kid,,, you'll win one eventually
Tepham PM Tepham
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7493
 
Tepham
Participation Meter
Captain
Posted: 2/1/2013 12:01:35 PM
So far only 1 player knows how to score an empty netter.. Tyler Seguin!

Players who cant score empty netter..
Phil Kessel
Andy Mcdonald
Alex Ovicken
packersbackers PM packersbackers
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 14453
 
packersbackers
Participation Meter
All-Star
Posted: 2/1/2013 12:40:59 PM
Only Patrick Stephan should be on this list of epic fails on empty net opportunities (Dallas vs Edmonton few years back)

Anything else is sour grapes from losing bettors like the OP 
Forum: NHL Betting
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.