Messages

Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
Author: [College Football] Topic: Penn State gets verbal big time 4 star qb
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#1
Posted: 2/29/2012 11:23:50 PM
he has chosen penn state over alabama, florida, and south carolina


the top tight end in the country will follow, even i am surprised by the quick recovery time of the program

the great thing is we may get another 4 star qb to commit soon. 

A big signing.  Keep em coming billy!!

WE ARE PENN STATE!!
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#2
Posted: 2/29/2012 11:25:35 PM
Christain Hackenberg is his name, he hails from Virginia

He's got a strong arm, a big kid and he is a classic pro-style quarterback. He was leaning Penn State's way when I saw him and I wouldn't be surprised if Penn State gets another quarterback from Virginia.''

Lemming said PSU is very interested in another pro-style quarterback from Ashburn, Va. -- 6-5, 220-pound Ryan Burns, who also has offers from Stanford, Maryland, West Virginia and Tennessee.

quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#3
Posted: 2/29/2012 11:47:12 PM
And the night gets better

4 star CB Ross Douglas from Ohio also commits to Penn State



We're off and running now
quote
soonboomer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
soonboomer
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 860
Location: Northern
              Mariana Islands
#4
Posted: 2/29/2012 11:51:44 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:

he has chosen penn state over alabama, florida, and south carolina


the top tight end in the country will follow, even i am surprised by the quick recovery time of the program

the great thing is we may get another 4 star qb to commit soon. 

A big signing.  Keep em coming billy!!

WE ARE PENN STATE!!

Seriously?
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#5
Posted: 3/1/2012 12:13:18 AM
confused boomer
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#6
Posted: 3/1/2012 12:15:07 AM
i am surprised that billy has been able to recruit studs so quickly to the program after joe just died and the school has been drug through the mud by the media to be more specific

they will be just fine, as i have stated...ncaa infractions...wont happen.

a great start for billys tenure
quote
mafioso send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Bellagio |
mafioso
Participation Meter
Veteran
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1358
Location: California
#7
Posted: 3/1/2012 7:55:05 AM
Expect penn st to become a scoring machine in the next couple of years, the defense is still solid and I believe the coach was a great hire.
quote
jimmydafreak send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 12145
Location: United States
#8
Posted: 3/1/2012 9:41:42 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:

he has chosen penn state over alabama, florida, and south carolina


the top tight end in the country will follow, even i am surprised by the quick recovery time of the program

the great thing is we may get another 4 star qb to commit soon. 

A big signing.  Keep em coming billy!!

WE ARE PENN STATE!!

Hackenburg is a good pick up for Penn State for sure.  I'm not surprised he chose Penn State as he is a lifelong Nittany Lions fan.

 

quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#9
Posted: 3/1/2012 9:43:04 PM
adam breneman, the top tight end in the country for 2013 next?  with offers from everybody, his final 4 is penn state, ohio state, notre dame, and maryland; presumably in that order as he has always dreamed of playing at psu.

he will announce next friday at 7pm.  he announced he has come to a decision a day after hackenberg commits.
quote
Laroja
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10509
Location: Ontario
#10
Posted: 3/2/2012 9:24:26 AM
You can still get a very quality education at Penn State, you can see some kids nowadays are more willing to go to a school for both it's football program and academics.
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#11
Posted: 3/2/2012 3:34:27 PM
You are right Laroja...

Wall Street Journals #1 ranked school that job recruiters look for graduates from even over ivy schools.  Education has never been a problem, we just hope the football program can catch up to our academia.

Funny how most see it the other way around
quote
Chus send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: 5Dimes |
Chus
Participation Meter
Prospect
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 431
Location: Illinois
#12
Posted: 3/2/2012 4:48:36 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:

he has chosen penn state over alabama, florida, and south carolina


the top tight end in the country will follow, even i am surprised by the quick recovery time of the program

the great thing is we may get another 4 star qb to commit soon. 

A big signing.  Keep em coming billy!!

WE ARE PENN STATE!!

WE ARE RAPIST ENABLERS!
quote
soonboomer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
soonboomer
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 860
Location: Northern
              Mariana Islands
#13
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:01:19 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:

confused boomer

Not confused at all.  It will be a long time before Penn State "recovers".

quote
jimmydafreak send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 12145
Location: United States
#14
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:47:28 PM
QUOTE

Originally Posted by Laroja:

You can still get a very quality education at Penn State, you can see some kids nowadays are more willing to go to a school for both it's football program and academics.

My niece just graduated from Penn State in December, so I hope it means something.

 

quote
jimmydafreak send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: BookMaker |
jimmydafreak
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 12145
Location: United States
#15
Posted: 3/2/2012 5:50:25 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:

adam breneman, the top tight end in the country for 2013 next?  with offers from everybody, his final 4 is penn state, ohio state, notre dame, and maryland; presumably in that order as he has always dreamed of playing at psu.

he will announce next friday at 7pm.  he announced he has come to a decision a day after hackenberg commits.

I think Penn State is a sleeping giant.  Anyone who has been following Penn State knows that Joe Pa has been nothing but a figure head at that school for at least the past 5 years.  I think that has chased away a lot of potential good recruits who otherwise may have gone there.

 

quote
Laroja
RSI Wagerline RSI Rating
send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | My Sportsbook: Sports Interaction |
Laroja
Participation Meter
All-Star
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 10509
Location: Ontario
#16
Posted: 3/2/2012 10:31:55 PM
Good for your niece Jimmy, a degree from a top tier school is no joke. She'll have some very good connections later on.

 Kids who are admitted to top tier schools in academics and football are more likely to choose the school based on the education. You can tell with un-traditional football schools like Vandy and Stanford getting some very quality recruits. Remember, there's a life beyond the game .
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#17
Posted: 3/2/2012 10:33:35 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Chus:


WE ARE RAPIST ENABLERS!


, how mad are you at this
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#18
Posted: 3/2/2012 10:34:24 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

I think Penn State is a sleeping giant.  Anyone who has been following Penn State knows that Joe Pa has been nothing but a figure head at that school for at least the past 5 years.  I think that has chased away a lot of potential good recruits who otherwise may have gone there.

 


i agree
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#19
Posted: 3/2/2012 10:38:55 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by soonboomer:

Not confused at all.  It will be a long time before Penn State "recovers".



in your eyes??  the academics are as strong as ever, we just found a patent for the cure of leukemia, the school tops 3 different national magazine still for the top university for student athletes and for job recruiters to go after

and now the football team is back to recruiting ESPNU top 150 players

only a few men need to recover now
quote
soonboomer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
soonboomer
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 860
Location: Northern
              Mariana Islands
#20
Posted: 3/3/2012 7:54:00 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:



in your eyes??  the academics are as strong as ever, we just found a patent for the cure of leukemia, the school tops 3 different national magazine still for the top university for student athletes and for job recruiters to go after

and now the football team is back to recruiting ESPNU top 150 players

only a few men need to recover now

How do you "find a patent for the cure of leukemia"?  Patents are awarded......not found...........and there a various forms of leukemia........some of which have no cure.

Penn State has always recruited top athletes.  Signing them is and will continue to be the problem.

The effects of the Sandusky ordeal will be felt for a long time.  Your blind love for Paterno and the university has obviously clouded your judgment.  Time to take off the homer glasses.
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#21
Posted: 3/3/2012 11:11:20 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by soonboomer:


How do you "find a patent for the cure of leukemia"?  Patents are awarded......not found...........and there a various forms of leukemia........some of which have no cure.

Penn State has always recruited top athletes.  Signing them is and will continue to be the problem.

The effects of the Sandusky ordeal will be felt for a long time.  Your blind love for Paterno and the university has obviously clouded your judgment.  Time to take off the homer glasses.

you haters are all alike...i say one thing wrong and you try to pounce me because of a mistype...they were granted a patent..feel better??..penn state university was granted a patent for their research and cure for leukemia, making ground breaking progress.  you come in hear wanting to start garbage again because you hate the fact they are already getting top 150 recruits.

so the two four star recruits they have verbals from are not big time athletes?  a strong recruiting class, which they are surely going to get is not going to happen despite this recent news and despite the fact they are real close to signing 3 to 4 more including 5 star and #1 TE in the nation adam breneman?

joe paterno was great for the university, i do love the guy for what he did for both the school and so many people.  but i have never said he is bigger than the university.  ever.  the university is where my passion is.

none of the kids on the team for the last 8 years plus know or give a garbage about jerry sandusky and certainly the kids going there now dont.  sure there will be recruits that dont come because of it, but there is a wealth of talent that still will come.  that was proven this week.

i dont have blind love for the university, i have unconditional love to the university that provided me the education i have today.

go back to banging you sooner drum, your team is the most overhyped team in the nation every year and your academics could not hold a candle to penn states.




quote
soonboomer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
soonboomer
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 860
Location: Northern
              Mariana Islands
#22
Posted: 3/4/2012 12:56:03 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:


you haters are all alike...i say one thing wrong and you try to pounce me because of a mistype...they were granted a patent..feel better??..penn state university was granted a patent for their research and cure for leukemia, making ground breaking progress.  you come in hear wanting to start garbage again because you hate the fact they are already getting top 150 recruits.

so the two four star recruits they have verbals from are not big time athletes?  a strong recruiting class, which they are surely going to get is not going to happen despite this recent news and despite the fact they are real close to signing 3 to 4 more including 5 star and #1 TE in the nation adam breneman?

joe paterno was great for the university, i do love the guy for what he did for both the school and so many people.  but i have never said he is bigger than the university.  ever.  the university is where my passion is.

none of the kids on the team for the last 8 years plus know or give a garbage about jerry sandusky and certainly the kids going there now dont.  sure there will be recruits that dont come because of it, but there is a wealth of talent that still will come.  that was proven this week.

i dont have blind love for the university, i have unconditional love to the university that provided me the education i have today.

go back to banging you sooner drum, your team is the most overhyped team in the nation every year and your academics could not hold a candle to penn states.





Wow....where to start..........for someone who likes to brag about the quality of the academics of his alma mater (I'll go out on a limb here and say I believe you graduated), you're quite the candidate for the short bus.

1) Penn State isn't signing anyone right now......they are getting verbal commitments which are not binding.  As the Sandusky fiasco runs its course, who knows how that could impact recruiting between now and when signing day comes in February 2013.

2) Joe Paterno in fact was great for Penn State and the community. It's a shame that his inaction destroyed such a storied legacy. But for you to think that Joe and the rest of the coaching staff didn't know what was going on is sheer lunacy. State College isn't exactly a huge metropolis, and Joe knew everything.

3) mmmmm.......how does blind love differ from unconditional love?

4) Slamming OU won't make your situation any better.  For the record, Penn State is winless vs. Oklahoma in football.  JoePa once said something the the effect that he "couldn't leave college football to the Barry Switzer's and Jackie Sherrill's of the world". Perhaps he should have.  Sad....Sad Story.
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#23
Posted: 3/4/2012 11:57:31 AM
short bus...because i dont think joe paterno knew as much as you think...

did i not say verbals?  so dont get too excited when Overrated U gets some more verbals from juco players.  i guarantee those two kids from this past week sign with penn state, they dont give a garbage about jerry sandusky or the situation, it has nothing to do with them or any current players or coaches.

we laugh at the sooner education compared to ours, just laugh.  i didnt mind OU, until you wanted to come in here and bash our university when 99.9 percent of the people associated have nothing to do with sandusky.  he did not coach for 14 years.

Now this thread was made about Penn State football recruits, you want to turn it into something else with your hobos, go ahead.

Now go get your shinebox.
quote
soonboomer send a private message View Space | Friends | Playbook |
soonboomer
Participation Meter
Rookie
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 860
Location: Northern
              Mariana Islands
#24
Posted: 3/4/2012 5:36:08 PM
QUOTE Originally Posted by thisguyiswise:

short bus...because i dont think joe paterno knew as much as you think...

did i not say verbals?  so dont get too excited when Overrated U gets some more verbals from juco players.  i guarantee those two kids from this past week sign with penn state, they dont give a garbage about jerry sandusky or the situation, it has nothing to do with them or any current players or coaches.

we laugh at the sooner education compared to ours, just laugh.  i didnt mind OU, until you wanted to come in here and bash our university when 99.9 percent of the people associated have nothing to do with sandusky.  he did not coach for 14 years.

Now this thread was made about Penn State football recruits, you want to turn it into something else with your hobos, go ahead.

Now go get your shinebox.

Your quote:
"so the two four star recruits they have verbals from are not big time athletes?  a strong recruiting class, which they are surely going to get is not going to happen despite this recent news and despite the fact they are real close to signing 3 to 4 more including 5 star and #1 TE in the nation adam breneman?"

How do you sign a verbal?  Like I said, you're a prime candidate for the short bus.

Hobos?  What are you talking about rainman?

I seriously doubt any true graduate from Penn State is laughing about much at all right now......(unless you find child abuse funny, that is.)

Keep telling yourself that everything is OK in Happy Valley.......with the positive changes in the real powers of the Big 10, the Nittany Pussycats won't smell a conference title much less anything more for at least a decade. This is way too easy.......you're dismissed!
quote
thisguyiswise send a private message View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook |
thisguyiswise
Participation Meter
Captain
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6892
Location: Wisconsin
#25
Posted: 3/4/2012 8:44:10 PM
Penn State gets another VERBAL who will SIGN on SIGNING day

Ranked #50 OVERALL in the country DE Garret Sickels commits to Penn State

He was recruited by...insert name of big program here.

"to every black night theres a brighter day, keep ya head up."

2pac shakur

quote
Forum Index : College Football : Messages Page 1 of 5  1 2 3 4 5  
You have entered the forum as a GUEST. 
You must login/register to post or reply.