• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Boxing

    Ortiz landed ZERO jabs (thrown 31) in 4 Rounds !!!

    ZOUK
    Smoke_O
    Qncyk1
    BigPapa21
    SawLo
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 609
    Posts: 14
     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2011 - 8:50 AM ET #1

    Larry Merchant is a joke to me (like Bert Sugar). Harold Lederman is accurate. Ortiz landed 0 for 31 jabs. Like I stated, Mayweather is natural master of defense, and that stat is huge because Ortiz is a southpaw but naturally a right handed fighter and he has a strong fast stiff jab. In just under twelve minutes of boxing he landed ZERO jabs. Even though in boxing is more subjective and you have to watch the fights, this fight you could have looked at one stat. Ortiz in his last 6 bouts averaged 13 jabs per round and landed less than 2 (11%), while Mayweather last 7 bouts average over 16 jabs per round and landed almost 7 (40.8%). Ortiz was now facing the premiere defensive boxer (Hopkins included) not a slugger or bum, why and how did people think he could win if he couldn't hit Floyd with a jab? Floyd didn't even have to anticipate punches because without the jab he saw them coming.
    Heavyweight Champion Larry Holmes won 48 fights without a loss almost matching Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0 and he did it all with a jab. For non-boxers and laymen fans, the jab is both offense and defense and is the fundamental tool that makes offensive openings. A superoir jab keeps fighters at the distance you establish, throws them off rhythm, causes blind spots that creates openings and can cause swelling, cuts, welts, a mouse, a busted nose that causes breathing, mouth cuts which can leads to an overflow of blood swallowed, etc, etc... The point is simple, when you are facing a great fighter and naturally gifted defensive master, no jab means no victory.
    Many people like Oscar were natural left handed and fought orthdox. As a lightweight, he was tall, fast, and strong with a moster jab that he used and basically won fights with his jab alone. Unfortunately as he moved up in weight, he didn't carry his power and lost speed. The jab he had at lightweight was so devastating only 2 of 20 fights went the distance (at lightweight or less) and if you watch the films he did it all with the jab. At light welterweight he destoryed Chavez who was 33 with a record 96-1-1 (only loss was split decision). Many people say Chavez was finished, he was past his prime and his body was in a hundred fights, but he was far from a push over but Oscar beat him like he was his daddy (4th round TKO) and then in the rematch as well. Oscar couldn't win against and equaled opponent at welterweight or higher. Lost close fights with Mosley, Trinidad, Mayweather and KOd by Hopkins and Pacquiao. He won a controversial fight against Sturm as a tune-up to Hopkins, but a fat looking Oscar was the fighter who got tuned up (you think the big PPV event with Hopkins next had any effect on the scorecards? lol).
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Larry Merchant is a joke to me (like Bert Sugar). Harold Lederman is accurate. Ortiz landed 0 for 31 jabs. Like I stated, Mayweather is natural master of defense, and that stat is huge because Ortiz is a southpaw but naturally a right handed fighter and he has a strong fast stiff jab. In just under twelve minutes of boxing he landed ZERO jabs. Even though in boxing is more subjective and you have to watch the fights, this fight you could have looked at one stat. Ortiz in his last 6 bouts averaged 13 jabs per round and landed less than 2 (11%), while Mayweather last 7 bouts average over 16 jabs per round and landed almost 7 (40.8%). Ortiz was now facing the premiere defensive boxer (Hopkins included) not a slugger or bum, why and how did people think he could win if he couldn't hit Floyd with a jab? Floyd didn't even have to anticipate punches because without the jab he saw them coming.
    Heavyweight Champion Larry Holmes won 48 fights without a loss almost matching Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0 and he did it all with a jab. For non-boxers and laymen fans, the jab is both offense and defense and is the fundamental tool that makes offensive openings. A superoir jab keeps fighters at the distance you establish, throws them off rhythm, causes blind spots that creates openings and can cause swelling, cuts, welts, a mouse, a busted nose that causes breathing, mouth cuts which can leads to an overflow of blood swallowed, etc, etc... The point is simple, when you are facing a great fighter and naturally gifted defensive master, no jab means no victory.
    Many people like Oscar were natural left handed and fought orthdox. As a lightweight, he was tall, fast, and strong with a moster jab that he used and basically won fights with his jab alone. Unfortunately as he moved up in weight, he didn't carry his power and lost speed. The jab he had at lightweight was so devastating only 2 of 20 fights went the distance (at lightweight or less) and if you watch the films he did it all with the jab. At light welterweight he destoryed Chavez who was 33 with a record 96-1-1 (only loss was split decision). Many people say Chavez was finished, he was past his prime and his body was in a hundred fights, but he was far from a push over but Oscar beat him like he was his daddy (4th round TKO) and then in the rematch as well. Oscar couldn't win against and equaled opponent at welterweight or higher. Lost close fights with Mosley, Trinidad, Mayweather and KOd by Hopkins and Pacquiao. He won a controversial fight against Sturm as a tune-up to Hopkins, but a fat looking Oscar was the fighter who got tuned up (you think the big PPV event with Hopkins next had any effect on the scorecards? lol).
     
    Smoke_O
    Smoke_O
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 14189
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2011 - 2:25 PM ET #2

    Can you condense what are you trying to get across?
    Reply
    Can you condense what are you trying to get across?
     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2011 - 3:44 PM ET #3

    If you read the Topic, it speaks for itself. I just added some examples but I can try to keep it to 5 letter words maximum and 5 word sentences, but I won't. Next time don't bother with empty reply, just read the parts you understand.
    Reply
    If you read the Topic, it speaks for itself. I just added some examples but I can try to keep it to 5 letter words maximum and 5 word sentences, but I won't. Next time don't bother with empty reply, just read the parts you understand.
     
    Smoke_O
    Smoke_O
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 14189
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2011 - 4:27 PM ET #4

    Ortiz landed zero jabs, is your thesis. I got it...but what are you trying to get across? Are you trying to inform your reader that the jab is the single most important punch in boxing? Are you trying to say the jab is the foremost punch in defeating Mayweather? If so you could of gotten that through in less than 1000 words.

    You wrote  a rambling display of known boxing knowledge on a gambling forum with modest boxing fans. What you did was write an essay on a GAMBLING FORUM after the fight. Where was this great essay BEFORE the fight. Just saying. Continue your POST MATCH essays. But I would love to saee your POST MATCH essays correlate into PRE MATCH essays that can help a gambler win money. You will garner the "respect" and following you are so desiring that way. Monday morning Quaterbacks dont garner respect...sorry

    Reply

    Ortiz landed zero jabs, is your thesis. I got it...but what are you trying to get across? Are you trying to inform your reader that the jab is the single most important punch in boxing? Are you trying to say the jab is the foremost punch in defeating Mayweather? If so you could of gotten that through in less than 1000 words.

    You wrote  a rambling display of known boxing knowledge on a gambling forum with modest boxing fans. What you did was write an essay on a GAMBLING FORUM after the fight. Where was this great essay BEFORE the fight. Just saying. Continue your POST MATCH essays. But I would love to saee your POST MATCH essays correlate into PRE MATCH essays that can help a gambler win money. You will garner the "respect" and following you are so desiring that way. Monday morning Quaterbacks dont garner respect...sorry

     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 18, 2011 - 8:37 PM ET #5

    Smoke_O: Just check the posts. I clearly continued since the signing of the fight Ortiz had no chance. I was criticized and they wanted specific details, and I gave them. Look at past posts and you will clearly see I maybe commented on a half dozen threads on how Mayweather would dominate and most likely win inside the distance. I stated that laying -800 is never good as every week underdogs are winning that should have been favorites. Say that headbutt was accidental and stopped the fight, because they didn't complete 4 full rounds (sometimes the halfway mark in the 4th round) it would be a no-contest and I would lose any prop bet (I detailed dangers of betting that way) except a bet that included no-contest, where as a straight wager you would push. I'm sure if you want to take a look of threads I posted on, it will be clear exactly how I felt. I leave it up to you. I don't just post after, so read a few threads and don't worry if I don't get respect ... I actually get requests for wagers like a tout service would, only I don't advertise but they find me and that is the truth! Read my posts and ask me for an analysis of a fight you are going to possibly bet and I will give you a 10 page breakdown!
    Reply
    Smoke_O: Just check the posts. I clearly continued since the signing of the fight Ortiz had no chance. I was criticized and they wanted specific details, and I gave them. Look at past posts and you will clearly see I maybe commented on a half dozen threads on how Mayweather would dominate and most likely win inside the distance. I stated that laying -800 is never good as every week underdogs are winning that should have been favorites. Say that headbutt was accidental and stopped the fight, because they didn't complete 4 full rounds (sometimes the halfway mark in the 4th round) it would be a no-contest and I would lose any prop bet (I detailed dangers of betting that way) except a bet that included no-contest, where as a straight wager you would push. I'm sure if you want to take a look of threads I posted on, it will be clear exactly how I felt. I leave it up to you. I don't just post after, so read a few threads and don't worry if I don't get respect ... I actually get requests for wagers like a tout service would, only I don't advertise but they find me and that is the truth! Read my posts and ask me for an analysis of a fight you are going to possibly bet and I will give you a 10 page breakdown!
     
    Qncyk1
    Qncyk1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 1239
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2011 - 7:07 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke_O:

    Ortiz landed zero jabs, is your thesis. I got it...but what are you trying to get across? Are you trying to inform your reader that the jab is the single most important punch in boxing? Are you trying to say the jab is the foremost punch in defeating Mayweather? If so you could of gotten that through in less than 1000 words.

    You wrote  a rambling display of known boxing knowledge on a gambling forum with modest boxing fans. What you did was write an essay on a GAMBLING FORUM after the fight. Where was this great essay BEFORE the fight. Just saying. Continue your POST MATCH essays. But I would love to saee your POST MATCH essays correlate into PRE MATCH essays that can help a gambler win money. You will garner the "respect" and following you are so desiring that way. Monday morning Quaterbacks dont garner respect...sorry

    zouk's only three picks have been 

    zab +400 over khan(loss)

    over 7 rounds khan/zab(loss)

    Quinton Jackson parlayed with thiago alves UFC(loss)

     

     

     

     

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke_O:

    Ortiz landed zero jabs, is your thesis. I got it...but what are you trying to get across? Are you trying to inform your reader that the jab is the single most important punch in boxing? Are you trying to say the jab is the foremost punch in defeating Mayweather? If so you could of gotten that through in less than 1000 words.

    You wrote  a rambling display of known boxing knowledge on a gambling forum with modest boxing fans. What you did was write an essay on a GAMBLING FORUM after the fight. Where was this great essay BEFORE the fight. Just saying. Continue your POST MATCH essays. But I would love to saee your POST MATCH essays correlate into PRE MATCH essays that can help a gambler win money. You will garner the "respect" and following you are so desiring that way. Monday morning Quaterbacks dont garner respect...sorry

    zouk's only three picks have been 

    zab +400 over khan(loss)

    over 7 rounds khan/zab(loss)

    Quinton Jackson parlayed with thiago alves UFC(loss)

     

     

     

     

     

     
    Qncyk1
    Qncyk1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 1239
    Posted: Sep. 21, 2011 - 7:14 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by ZOUK:

    Smoke_O: Just check the posts. I clearly continued since the signing of the fight Ortiz had no chance. I was criticized and they wanted specific details, and I gave them. Look at past posts and you will clearly see I maybe commented on a half dozen threads on how Mayweather would dominate and most likely win inside the distance. I stated that laying -800 is never good as every week underdogs are winning that should have been favorites. Say that headbutt was accidental and stopped the fight, because they didn't complete 4 full rounds (sometimes the halfway mark in the 4th round) it would be a no-contest and I would lose any prop bet (I detailed dangers of betting that way) except a bet that included no-contest, where as a straight wager you would push. I'm sure if you want to take a look of threads I posted on, it will be clear exactly how I felt. I leave it up to you. I don't just post after, so read a few threads and don't worry if I don't get respect ... I actually get requests for wagers like a tout service would, only I don't advertise but they find me and that is the truth! Read my posts and ask me for an analysis of a fight you are going to possibly bet and I will give you a 10 page breakdown!

     

    walk the line asked you for a breakdown of the pbf/ortiz fight and you never provided one. i had 12 to 1 pbf winning the fight from individual rounds 8-12 for one unit and five units pbf -260.

    both odds were mistakes by my book caliente here in mexico of which i quickly bet on. the headbutt probably cost me 12 units if ortiz survived until the eighth.

    you were so sure of pbf but you didn't wager anything? you didnt even bet on wk/haye in which every handicapper knew that the wk-210 was a bad line(i had wk for 20 units).

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ZOUK:

    Smoke_O: Just check the posts. I clearly continued since the signing of the fight Ortiz had no chance. I was criticized and they wanted specific details, and I gave them. Look at past posts and you will clearly see I maybe commented on a half dozen threads on how Mayweather would dominate and most likely win inside the distance. I stated that laying -800 is never good as every week underdogs are winning that should have been favorites. Say that headbutt was accidental and stopped the fight, because they didn't complete 4 full rounds (sometimes the halfway mark in the 4th round) it would be a no-contest and I would lose any prop bet (I detailed dangers of betting that way) except a bet that included no-contest, where as a straight wager you would push. I'm sure if you want to take a look of threads I posted on, it will be clear exactly how I felt. I leave it up to you. I don't just post after, so read a few threads and don't worry if I don't get respect ... I actually get requests for wagers like a tout service would, only I don't advertise but they find me and that is the truth! Read my posts and ask me for an analysis of a fight you are going to possibly bet and I will give you a 10 page breakdown!

     

    walk the line asked you for a breakdown of the pbf/ortiz fight and you never provided one. i had 12 to 1 pbf winning the fight from individual rounds 8-12 for one unit and five units pbf -260.

    both odds were mistakes by my book caliente here in mexico of which i quickly bet on. the headbutt probably cost me 12 units if ortiz survived until the eighth.

    you were so sure of pbf but you didn't wager anything? you didnt even bet on wk/haye in which every handicapper knew that the wk-210 was a bad line(i had wk for 20 units).

     

     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2011 - 5:51 AM ET #8

    I knew and watched little on Haye. I avoid heavyweights as many are lazy and unpredictable. Actually, I did say Floyd and I believe a win ITD between 6-12 rounds.... I thought maybe cuts and swelling would have a good reason to stop as Ortiz was getting hit clean. I didn't buy into the 24/7 act Ortiz was revitalized, he quit before, and he quit again.
    Reply
    I knew and watched little on Haye. I avoid heavyweights as many are lazy and unpredictable. Actually, I did say Floyd and I believe a win ITD between 6-12 rounds.... I thought maybe cuts and swelling would have a good reason to stop as Ortiz was getting hit clean. I didn't buy into the 24/7 act Ortiz was revitalized, he quit before, and he quit again.
     
    BigPapa21
    BigPapa21
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3210
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2011 - 7:31 AM ET #9

    In Summation: Larry Merchant is a joke to you. Ortiz didn't land a much needed jab to help his cause in the fight with PBF. Oscar lost his speed and jab when he moved up in weight. TY 4 the tips.
    Reply
    In Summation: Larry Merchant is a joke to you. Ortiz didn't land a much needed jab to help his cause in the fight with PBF. Oscar lost his speed and jab when he moved up in weight. TY 4 the tips.
     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2011 - 1:34 PM ET #10

    Larry Merchant is a joke to boxing. Floyd Mayweather Jr should never been considered pound-for-pound greatest lists because he fought all 2nd rate with no chances. Dozen fighters over 5 years he could have fought, and I believe he beats most (if not all). So, your post BigPapa21 was a great summary... of what & why? Nevermind it's rhetorical but you may have thought it was for real!

    Reply

    Larry Merchant is a joke to boxing. Floyd Mayweather Jr should never been considered pound-for-pound greatest lists because he fought all 2nd rate with no chances. Dozen fighters over 5 years he could have fought, and I believe he beats most (if not all). So, your post BigPapa21 was a great summary... of what & why? Nevermind it's rhetorical but you may have thought it was for real!

     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2011 - 2:49 AM ET #11

    Qncyk1: Try and read the posts and don't just take parts of posts and use them out of context. You can find a half dozen posts I state Ortiz can't win, so at +2000, what's the difference. Are you telling me I don't have a post saying Ortiz would get wrecked because he is so far out of his league it's HBO hype. You want a breakdown for a fight when a fighter is better in all categories. If you can't find a post regarding this, I can easily. Funny part is HBO had you so into the match-up that was never there. When I comment about career moves and so on in long thread that have real relevance, you get a few people complain. I guess that's why HBO 24/7 works well, people like the fake drama and BS entertainment and don't appreciate boxing as a sport an art.

    Reply

    Qncyk1: Try and read the posts and don't just take parts of posts and use them out of context. You can find a half dozen posts I state Ortiz can't win, so at +2000, what's the difference. Are you telling me I don't have a post saying Ortiz would get wrecked because he is so far out of his league it's HBO hype. You want a breakdown for a fight when a fighter is better in all categories. If you can't find a post regarding this, I can easily. Funny part is HBO had you so into the match-up that was never there. When I comment about career moves and so on in long thread that have real relevance, you get a few people complain. I guess that's why HBO 24/7 works well, people like the fake drama and BS entertainment and don't appreciate boxing as a sport an art.

     
    SawLo
    SawLo
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 103
    Posted: Sep. 28, 2011 - 7:57 PM ET #12

    Hey Zouk,  I'm on the otherside of the fence when you speak of larry merchant.  He always chooses his words carefully, and tho he speaks 2mph he's got a quick eye.  He sees all the little things boxers do.  He's old school and perhaps hes the wrong type of commentator for this era, but he sure beats Max Kellerman who rambles on way to much on a sport he doesn't know much about.  
    Reply
    Hey Zouk,  I'm on the otherside of the fence when you speak of larry merchant.  He always chooses his words carefully, and tho he speaks 2mph he's got a quick eye.  He sees all the little things boxers do.  He's old school and perhaps hes the wrong type of commentator for this era, but he sure beats Max Kellerman who rambles on way to much on a sport he doesn't know much about.  
     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2011 - 4:35 PM ET #13

    I prefer Harold, Emanuel & Teddy for analysis pre-fight and during (post as well). I remember everyone saying it was his idea and speaking about the "Dream Match" of Oscar vs Manny. Oscar is to aged and had no shot especially at that weight. Now, you take Oscar in his prime vs Manny at lighweight, I take Oscar over almost anyone in history. His jab at that weight was fast and hard and destroyed opponents with one hand. Add the fact his height (even though he hunched) and reach and boxing ability. He lost that speed moving up, and had no power either. Although he was a natural southpaw he fought orthodox. I just think Merchant is a few steps above Bert Sugar. I never heard his opinion pre-fight or analysis other than repeating what fighters of managers stated. Max ten years ago really followed boxing close and had a decent eye, more exposure on ESPN and he lost sight. RJJ use to be great at fight breakdowns but not made for announcing.
    Reply
    I prefer Harold, Emanuel & Teddy for analysis pre-fight and during (post as well). I remember everyone saying it was his idea and speaking about the "Dream Match" of Oscar vs Manny. Oscar is to aged and had no shot especially at that weight. Now, you take Oscar in his prime vs Manny at lighweight, I take Oscar over almost anyone in history. His jab at that weight was fast and hard and destroyed opponents with one hand. Add the fact his height (even though he hunched) and reach and boxing ability. He lost that speed moving up, and had no power either. Although he was a natural southpaw he fought orthodox. I just think Merchant is a few steps above Bert Sugar. I never heard his opinion pre-fight or analysis other than repeating what fighters of managers stated. Max ten years ago really followed boxing close and had a decent eye, more exposure on ESPN and he lost sight. RJJ use to be great at fight breakdowns but not made for announcing.
     
     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 30, 2011 - 12:07 AM ET #14

    SawLo: There is a thread on Larry Merchant and many people do like him (and it was a surprise to me). I'm curious to maybe a little more information as to what you think he brings to the table. Even a comparison to others would be cool as well. I respect everyone's opinion (although maybe not agree) and just wanted a little more to consider as I like views opposite of mine as it helps you really focus on overlooked facts, etc... Thanks!
    Reply
    SawLo: There is a thread on Larry Merchant and many people do like him (and it was a surprise to me). I'm curious to maybe a little more information as to what you think he brings to the table. Even a comparison to others would be cool as well. I respect everyone's opinion (although maybe not agree) and just wanted a little more to consider as I like views opposite of mine as it helps you really focus on overlooked facts, etc... Thanks!
    All Forums | Boxing

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,679
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,213
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,347
    • PART DEUX 251
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,507
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,493
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,827
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 619
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,649

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.