• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Boxing

    Posts,Replies,& the Blah Blahz

    ZOUK
    Skipbone
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 264
    Posts: 3
     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2011 - 3:54 AM ET #1

    First, I do appreciate constructive criticism as it only helps. The redundant sleepy faces after a long post I think I understand the point but if one is bothered by a general post, why all the blah?

    Final to Qncyk1:You asked a basic trivia question, I answered it then you said it didn't count and reframed your question. Regardless, you can't accept the fact that everyone loses at some point (you lost, but changed your question like I guaranteed you would 100% previously instead of being a man and say "Good answer". Tough words. After that you say I never responsded to walktheline on a fight I said was a joke. Let's recap:

    walktheline: First, a few things..
    1) Do you REALLY believe that Mayweather has more power than Berto? If so, why?
    - I claimed Berto had no KO power several times. If you want a genetic answer, sorry, all I can go on is what I observe.

    2) What would lead you to believe that fighting in spurts and solid counter punching is going to be good enough against Ortiz?
    Apparently the answer is Yes, as I said Otiz had no way to win (barring a fluke).

    3) IF (and this is a big one) Floyd has to stand and fight like Berto was forced to, makes you feel that he'll have the goods to win an out n' out war? While he may be capable, he hasn't had to do it yet. If he has lost anything and now can't win on reflexes alone (RJJ) will he have the stones to pull it out?
    One, as if you read posts I said Floyd dictates all his fights so no fighter is going to run him over. I also post that even if Floyd lost speed, his greatest asset is his antipation, and he is the best at it. Now if he was crippled or super slow, then he couldn't capatilize on it, but he didn't look that bad recently. If he had to go toe-to-toe with Ortiz is a very rare scenario, I stated he was superior in all aspects and Ortiz already showed he's very reluctant and ready to quit when it gets really bad. The Berto fight he never got hurt badly (or in pain), althought the dramatic trading punches looked brutal. He felt Berto and knew Berto was weak which gave him confidence. He got hit by floyd not by haymakers but by quick straight right hands that stung him.
     
    Posts on same thread I was asked questions"

    {I think Floyd has adjusted enough to the point he can anticipate Ortiz so much using the shoulder wouldn't be as bad. I know the Judah fight he got caught, not in the exact same type situation, but a similar. If Ortiz had 2 more years and got seasoned against good fighters and was showing improvement, then I wouldn't tell Ortiz fans it's to fast in his career, and a great career is all about timing.}

    {Ortiz does throw each punch with authority, but it leaves him open often. Also, Mayweather is at his very best now and has much experience. I liked Ortiz when I first saw him and even more when he lost to Maidana because that loss made Berto to be 4-1 favorite (I was waiting for the perfect opponent with Ortiz to bet when he wasn't a big favorite and got him.) Ortiz is just to inexperienced for this type of fight. Similar to Leonard vs Duran in the first bout. Even though Duran is one the greatest lightweights, so was Leonard, but experience made the difference.}

    {I agree about Floyd. Ortiz lacks ring experience and Floyd is a very well experienced. Ortiz keeps his hands down way to much when he starts throwing, and Floyd can maneuver and use angles and chop Ortiz down. If Ortiz allows Floyd to hit him like Berto did, it won't last to a decision. Cuts and swelling are a problem if he gets hit often. Berto lacked power although many disagree, seeing him ringside twice he hit opponents hard and clean with huge shots and they barely rocked. Also, because Ortiz is a southpaw Floyd knows how to avoid head clashes and I would be suprised if they collided heads.}

    Lastly to Qncyk1: I get complaints on very long detailed posts. I make a simple statement a guy can't win because he's inferior in every area and someone askes why? That's like asking me why Bolt is the fastest runner in the world... they all train, diet, (use supplements legal and illegal), but all I see are his racing and results, sorry I can't write a mathematical equation explainaing it.

    Ortiz was the champion getting a purse of $2 million plus procedes from PPV. The challenger got over ten times that at $25 million plus revenues estimated to be $40 million. Floyd is a phenominal fighter, but paying to watch his fights are a crime unless you understand his opponents are in there to lose. People watch HBO 24/7 hype and BS that shows nothing of a fight match-up but another media blinding tool about a young tough hungry opponent Floyd has never seen the likes of...(LOL), it's boxing not WWE. My Berto claim about power was watching his fights and 2 live in fights he hit opponents so clean, fast and body torque that it was showing 9 out of 10 shots just turned abouts heads and the fight went on, and after seeing that time after time you have to say Berto lacks powers or he fought guys with the greatest chins fight after fight. I mentioned Floyd was better on all aspects so even if he lost reflex and speed, he clearly is so far above in class than his last opponent as I stated that he can still dictate a fight.

    Also, people think because I only said to take ITD Floyd above +200, and not lay -800, is many odd things can happen and there are so many easy fights with even odds or plus odds to invest your money in. If they DQ Floyd (rare, but things happen) for the punches, I lose on one of those instances. Gambling is more than just betting winners, it's how much you wager and your odds. Feeling the need to bet major fights, MNF, NBA championship, etc... is just pure gambling and not handicapping and proper investment. The Floyd weekend had 21 boxing & MMA events to wager, including other sports, so you had maybe several hundred choices for an average sportsbook to find much better area's to invest (assumming you handicap multi-sports and events).

    Good day & Good Luck!

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    First, I do appreciate constructive criticism as it only helps. The redundant sleepy faces after a long post I think I understand the point but if one is bothered by a general post, why all the blah?

    Final to Qncyk1:You asked a basic trivia question, I answered it then you said it didn't count and reframed your question. Regardless, you can't accept the fact that everyone loses at some point (you lost, but changed your question like I guaranteed you would 100% previously instead of being a man and say "Good answer". Tough words. After that you say I never responsded to walktheline on a fight I said was a joke. Let's recap:

    walktheline: First, a few things..
    1) Do you REALLY believe that Mayweather has more power than Berto? If so, why?
    - I claimed Berto had no KO power several times. If you want a genetic answer, sorry, all I can go on is what I observe.

    2) What would lead you to believe that fighting in spurts and solid counter punching is going to be good enough against Ortiz?
    Apparently the answer is Yes, as I said Otiz had no way to win (barring a fluke).

    3) IF (and this is a big one) Floyd has to stand and fight like Berto was forced to, makes you feel that he'll have the goods to win an out n' out war? While he may be capable, he hasn't had to do it yet. If he has lost anything and now can't win on reflexes alone (RJJ) will he have the stones to pull it out?
    One, as if you read posts I said Floyd dictates all his fights so no fighter is going to run him over. I also post that even if Floyd lost speed, his greatest asset is his antipation, and he is the best at it. Now if he was crippled or super slow, then he couldn't capatilize on it, but he didn't look that bad recently. If he had to go toe-to-toe with Ortiz is a very rare scenario, I stated he was superior in all aspects and Ortiz already showed he's very reluctant and ready to quit when it gets really bad. The Berto fight he never got hurt badly (or in pain), althought the dramatic trading punches looked brutal. He felt Berto and knew Berto was weak which gave him confidence. He got hit by floyd not by haymakers but by quick straight right hands that stung him.
     
    Posts on same thread I was asked questions"

    {I think Floyd has adjusted enough to the point he can anticipate Ortiz so much using the shoulder wouldn't be as bad. I know the Judah fight he got caught, not in the exact same type situation, but a similar. If Ortiz had 2 more years and got seasoned against good fighters and was showing improvement, then I wouldn't tell Ortiz fans it's to fast in his career, and a great career is all about timing.}

    {Ortiz does throw each punch with authority, but it leaves him open often. Also, Mayweather is at his very best now and has much experience. I liked Ortiz when I first saw him and even more when he lost to Maidana because that loss made Berto to be 4-1 favorite (I was waiting for the perfect opponent with Ortiz to bet when he wasn't a big favorite and got him.) Ortiz is just to inexperienced for this type of fight. Similar to Leonard vs Duran in the first bout. Even though Duran is one the greatest lightweights, so was Leonard, but experience made the difference.}

    {I agree about Floyd. Ortiz lacks ring experience and Floyd is a very well experienced. Ortiz keeps his hands down way to much when he starts throwing, and Floyd can maneuver and use angles and chop Ortiz down. If Ortiz allows Floyd to hit him like Berto did, it won't last to a decision. Cuts and swelling are a problem if he gets hit often. Berto lacked power although many disagree, seeing him ringside twice he hit opponents hard and clean with huge shots and they barely rocked. Also, because Ortiz is a southpaw Floyd knows how to avoid head clashes and I would be suprised if they collided heads.}

    Lastly to Qncyk1: I get complaints on very long detailed posts. I make a simple statement a guy can't win because he's inferior in every area and someone askes why? That's like asking me why Bolt is the fastest runner in the world... they all train, diet, (use supplements legal and illegal), but all I see are his racing and results, sorry I can't write a mathematical equation explainaing it.

    Ortiz was the champion getting a purse of $2 million plus procedes from PPV. The challenger got over ten times that at $25 million plus revenues estimated to be $40 million. Floyd is a phenominal fighter, but paying to watch his fights are a crime unless you understand his opponents are in there to lose. People watch HBO 24/7 hype and BS that shows nothing of a fight match-up but another media blinding tool about a young tough hungry opponent Floyd has never seen the likes of...(LOL), it's boxing not WWE. My Berto claim about power was watching his fights and 2 live in fights he hit opponents so clean, fast and body torque that it was showing 9 out of 10 shots just turned abouts heads and the fight went on, and after seeing that time after time you have to say Berto lacks powers or he fought guys with the greatest chins fight after fight. I mentioned Floyd was better on all aspects so even if he lost reflex and speed, he clearly is so far above in class than his last opponent as I stated that he can still dictate a fight.

    Also, people think because I only said to take ITD Floyd above +200, and not lay -800, is many odd things can happen and there are so many easy fights with even odds or plus odds to invest your money in. If they DQ Floyd (rare, but things happen) for the punches, I lose on one of those instances. Gambling is more than just betting winners, it's how much you wager and your odds. Feeling the need to bet major fights, MNF, NBA championship, etc... is just pure gambling and not handicapping and proper investment. The Floyd weekend had 21 boxing & MMA events to wager, including other sports, so you had maybe several hundred choices for an average sportsbook to find much better area's to invest (assumming you handicap multi-sports and events).

    Good day & Good Luck!

     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2011 - 9:33 PM ET #2

    Stop typing.
    Reply
    Stop typing.
     
     
    ZOUK
    ZOUK
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 1121
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2011 - 10:15 PM ET #3

    Skipbone: You forgot your little "Emoticons", like the Zzz! You really spend your time in a productice manner. Please keep the deep philosophy going.
    Reply
    Skipbone: You forgot your little "Emoticons", like the Zzz! You really spend your time in a productice manner. Please keep the deep philosophy going.
    All Forums | Boxing

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,609
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,456
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 504
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,129
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,709
    • Sunday 3,124
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,938
    • HELP PLEASE 1,474
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,579
    • NFL Sunday 7,452

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.