Just curious. I am working on a model which I am using Kenpom ratings. I am incorporating adj off & Def , tempo & the 4 factors. Some of the games i do relate pretty well with what the vegas odds would be for that game & some are just way off. For example Last NIght my numbers said TCU -5.96 & the spread at the time I did that was -5 but in contrast I did the Uconn / Marquette game & my numbers showed UCONN -17 way off from what the spread was. IM curious if this happens to other people & If there maybe something else I can add to this model to help. Any suggestions.
Bloated spreads
Just curious. I am working on a model which I am using Kenpom ratings. I am incorporating adj off & Def , tempo & the 4 factors. Some of the games i do relate pretty well with what the vegas odds would be for that game & some are just way off. For example Last NIght my numbers said TCU -5.96 & the spread at the time I did that was -5 but in contrast I did the Uconn / Marquette game & my numbers showed UCONN -17 way off from what the spread was. IM curious if this happens to other people & If there maybe something else I can add to this model to help. Any suggestions.
Here are the 5 basics worth looking at:
True shooting % (FG/FT composite)
Rebound Rate (rebound composite)
Steals per possession % (You didn't list this)
Turnovers per possession %
Defensive Efficiency (Defensive composite)
These 5 categories will give you a snapshot of how the match-up shakes out statistically. Always keep in mind though: statistics can deceive big time. Part of capping is knowing when the numbers are conning you.
Hope this helps,
RT2
Here are the 5 basics worth looking at:
True shooting % (FG/FT composite)
Rebound Rate (rebound composite)
Steals per possession % (You didn't list this)
Turnovers per possession %
Defensive Efficiency (Defensive composite)
These 5 categories will give you a snapshot of how the match-up shakes out statistically. Always keep in mind though: statistics can deceive big time. Part of capping is knowing when the numbers are conning you.
Hope this helps,
RT2
Hot Forum Topics
- Monday 10/05/2026 694
- Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,276
- PART DEUX 192
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,730
- Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,798
- NFL LOCKED IN! 104,811
- ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,131
- ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,657
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,624
- MNF 1,055
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
