• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Fantasy Sports

    Arian Foster/Keeper help

    sabres7488
    JW1LS
    Ktrain
    thisguyiswise
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 569
    Posts: 12
     
    sabres7488
    sabres7488
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2011 - 12:45 PM ET #1

    I have Foster in my keeper league as my 5th rd selection from last years draft.  My league is set up where if I were to keep Foster, then I would lose my 5th rd pick.  However, I won my league in the 09 season, so I had last pick last year and drafted McCoy.  I came in third last year and seeing that I plan on keeping McCoy and I drafted him with my first rd pick(12th overall) out of 12 teams, then I would lost my first rd pick. 
    I was wondering if I should throw McCoy back into the pool of players and draft a new player, which would be 10th out of 12 picks and it's a non snake draft style.  Should I throw McCoy back into the pool and give up my first rd pick or maybe try and dangle Foster and try and move back into the first rd and trade away Foster?  McCoy is more proven I think where as Foster had one good year but I'm skeptical if he can do it again. I had Rodgers as my QB the last 3 years but I have to give him back because I can only keep the same player for 3 years.
    What should I do?  Any constructive criticism/advice is appreciated.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I have Foster in my keeper league as my 5th rd selection from last years draft.  My league is set up where if I were to keep Foster, then I would lose my 5th rd pick.  However, I won my league in the 09 season, so I had last pick last year and drafted McCoy.  I came in third last year and seeing that I plan on keeping McCoy and I drafted him with my first rd pick(12th overall) out of 12 teams, then I would lost my first rd pick. 
    I was wondering if I should throw McCoy back into the pool of players and draft a new player, which would be 10th out of 12 picks and it's a non snake draft style.  Should I throw McCoy back into the pool and give up my first rd pick or maybe try and dangle Foster and try and move back into the first rd and trade away Foster?  McCoy is more proven I think where as Foster had one good year but I'm skeptical if he can do it again. I had Rodgers as my QB the last 3 years but I have to give him back because I can only keep the same player for 3 years.
    What should I do?  Any constructive criticism/advice is appreciated.
     
    JW1LS
    JW1LS
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 4695
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2011 - 1:32 PM ET #2

    I'm kind of confused... are you allowed to keep 1 or 2??

    If you are allowed to keep 2, then definitely keep both McCoy and Foster and give up your 1st and 5th.  McCoy is worth a late 1st round pick and obviously Foster is a steal as a 5th rounder as he's been going anywhere from 1-4 overall.  If you can only keep 1, then keep Foster.
    Reply
    I'm kind of confused... are you allowed to keep 1 or 2??

    If you are allowed to keep 2, then definitely keep both McCoy and Foster and give up your 1st and 5th.  McCoy is worth a late 1st round pick and obviously Foster is a steal as a 5th rounder as he's been going anywhere from 1-4 overall.  If you can only keep 1, then keep Foster.
     
    sabres7488
    sabres7488
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2011 - 2:36 PM ET #3

            I can keep both, or one.  It's just if I were to keep McCoy then I would lose a 1st rd pick, 10th overall out of 12 teams because I finished 3rd last year.  I was thinking of maybe trading Foster for another 1st rd pick because it seems his value has shot through the roof with his performance last season.  I'm a bit skeptical if he'll be able to have a similar second season.
              
              I was thinking about trading Foster and trying to get back into the 1st rd becuase if I were to keep McCoy then I would lose a first rd pick.  I think I should be able to get a 1st rd selection though if I were to move Foster.  Seeing that it's a non snake draft, if I were to keep McCoy then I wouldn't pick until the 18th pick overall in the 2nd rd and thats why I was thinking about moving Foster.
           
    Reply
            I can keep both, or one.  It's just if I were to keep McCoy then I would lose a 1st rd pick, 10th overall out of 12 teams because I finished 3rd last year.  I was thinking of maybe trading Foster for another 1st rd pick because it seems his value has shot through the roof with his performance last season.  I'm a bit skeptical if he'll be able to have a similar second season.
              
              I was thinking about trading Foster and trying to get back into the 1st rd becuase if I were to keep McCoy then I would lose a first rd pick.  I think I should be able to get a 1st rd selection though if I were to move Foster.  Seeing that it's a non snake draft, if I were to keep McCoy then I wouldn't pick until the 18th pick overall in the 2nd rd and thats why I was thinking about moving Foster.
           
     
    JW1LS
    JW1LS
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 4695
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2011 - 2:58 PM ET #4

    Trading Foster for a 1st round pick would be a horrible move.  You have Foster for a 5TH round pick right now (Foster is going 1 or 2 overall in almost every draft).  If you were to get a 1st rounder for Foster, its not even a true 1st round pick because of all the keepers so technically it is like a 2-3 rounder.  Who cares if you don't have a 1st round pick, you have two of the top RBs in the league and only had to give up a 1st and 5th.  
    Reply
    Trading Foster for a 1st round pick would be a horrible move.  You have Foster for a 5TH round pick right now (Foster is going 1 or 2 overall in almost every draft).  If you were to get a 1st rounder for Foster, its not even a true 1st round pick because of all the keepers so technically it is like a 2-3 rounder.  Who cares if you don't have a 1st round pick, you have two of the top RBs in the league and only had to give up a 1st and 5th.  
     
    sabres7488
    sabres7488
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2011 - 3:09 PM ET #5

    I was just skeptical if Foster can do it again.  Thanks for your input JW.
    Reply
    I was just skeptical if Foster can do it again.  Thanks for your input JW.
     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2011 - 4:49 PM ET #6

    Even if Foster doesn't put up Top 3 numbers(which I believe he will) you are still getting him at 5th round value. Unless you can trade him for a top 2 spot and take either CJ or AP it would be a really bad move. TRANSLATION: keep Foster!

    As for McCoy, if you throw him back you will probably be looking at him in the 10 spot again anyway. The only reason I would say throw him back is if you like Rashard Mendenhall or Frank Gore more than him cause that is who you will be looking at in that spot assuming you go RB.

    Imo, I say keep them both and make you 2nd and 3rd picks WR's or WR and Gates or if there is an elite QB there then take him his best receiver. Basically in that spot you might be able to land Phil Rivers and either Gates or Vincent Jackson and you have a great start to the draft. If not than maybe go WR/WR and look for someone like Gronkowski a few rounds later.

    I think you are in a great position by keeping both RB's though. I think trading either or throwing them back and you are losing value.

    Reply

    Even if Foster doesn't put up Top 3 numbers(which I believe he will) you are still getting him at 5th round value. Unless you can trade him for a top 2 spot and take either CJ or AP it would be a really bad move. TRANSLATION: keep Foster!

    As for McCoy, if you throw him back you will probably be looking at him in the 10 spot again anyway. The only reason I would say throw him back is if you like Rashard Mendenhall or Frank Gore more than him cause that is who you will be looking at in that spot assuming you go RB.

    Imo, I say keep them both and make you 2nd and 3rd picks WR's or WR and Gates or if there is an elite QB there then take him his best receiver. Basically in that spot you might be able to land Phil Rivers and either Gates or Vincent Jackson and you have a great start to the draft. If not than maybe go WR/WR and look for someone like Gronkowski a few rounds later.

    I think you are in a great position by keeping both RB's though. I think trading either or throwing them back and you are losing value.

     
    sabres7488
    sabres7488
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2011 - 12:27 AM ET #7

    Thanks Ktrain.  After what you and JW said, I think I'll just stay put and hold on to them both.  I'll see who I can get with my second rd pick, I'm hoping to top notch WR or decent QB, although, I need to start two of them.
    Reply
    Thanks Ktrain.  After what you and JW said, I think I'll just stay put and hold on to them both.  I'll see who I can get with my second rd pick, I'm hoping to top notch WR or decent QB, although, I need to start two of them.
     
    sabres7488
    sabres7488
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2011 - 12:27 AM ET #8

    I mean I need to start 3 WR and 2 QB
    Reply
    I mean I need to start 3 WR and 2 QB
     
    thisguyiswise
    thisguyiswise
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 6909
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2011 - 1:01 AM ET #9

    keep both and worry about wrs and qbs next
    Reply
    keep both and worry about wrs and qbs next
     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2011 - 2:53 AM ET #10

    The dynamic changes a bit when you say that you will be able to start 2 QB's per week. I played in a league like this last year and the QB's went really fast in the draft. You have to look at it this way: you will be drafting 18th if you keep both RB's which basically eliminates you from Vick, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, and Rivers. The next tier of QB's is Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, Schaub, and Stafford. The drop in tiers with QB won't be as bad as the drop in tiers with RB's imo. But with this it actually might justify throwing McCoy back. But if you do that you will be really rolling the dice at one RB spot. I still say keep both and go QB/WR or QB/QB next. BOL in whatever you decide.

    Reply

    The dynamic changes a bit when you say that you will be able to start 2 QB's per week. I played in a league like this last year and the QB's went really fast in the draft. You have to look at it this way: you will be drafting 18th if you keep both RB's which basically eliminates you from Vick, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, and Rivers. The next tier of QB's is Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, Schaub, and Stafford. The drop in tiers with QB won't be as bad as the drop in tiers with RB's imo. But with this it actually might justify throwing McCoy back. But if you do that you will be really rolling the dice at one RB spot. I still say keep both and go QB/WR or QB/QB next. BOL in whatever you decide.

     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2011 - 2:54 AM ET #11

    I forgot Romo in the second tier,
    Reply
    I forgot Romo in the second tier,
     
     
    sabres7488
    sabres7488
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 94
    Posted: Aug. 2, 2011 - 8:36 AM ET #12

    Thanks, I'll just keep both and probably go QB/WR with my 2nd and 3rd
    Reply
    Thanks, I'll just keep both and probably go QB/WR with my 2nd and 3rd
    All Forums | Fantasy Sports

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,708
    • Monday 09/28/2026 812
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,193
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,826
    • PART DEUX 271
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,282
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,004
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,450
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,673
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,409

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.