• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    Shots, and how much of a box that I am about them.

    dennishopson
    NJDevils
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 356
    Posts: 16
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: May. 15, 2009 - 9:53 PM ET #1

    I have recently been prescribed medicine that has to be administered via the needle. In my hip of course. Having been a runner for too many years, leaning over a table or something is the worst, because I have no fat there at all. My leg muscles are always seeming to be contracted.

    Silly chick I live with all too enthusiastic about doing it "for me". I'd rather tape  the syringe to the wall and back my ass into it that have  her skinny shaky little fingers administer it. Another thing not to like about this stupid bitch is that she loves eavesdroping on my phone calls, and my Dad was asking me about it. Got called a box a bunch of times. I can deal with it, but between back and elbow surgeries, the tests that require being electrocuted to see exactly where  the nerves are damaged/pinched, etc....and all the other crap related to the wicked car accident I was in......I really don't want some ill tempered mean bitch giving it to me. Just worn out by medical procedures more than I can describe.

    Thinking about just going to a doc in the box showing him my script and the bottle and pay him to do it.

    Thoughts? (about going to a doc in the box...of course I know that I have to dump this stupid mean bitch)

    Oh yeah, I made a suggestion in help section about making the title of this thread

    "Food, Fitness, and Health."

    I believe that there would be enough health questions out there. Seriously.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I have recently been prescribed medicine that has to be administered via the needle. In my hip of course. Having been a runner for too many years, leaning over a table or something is the worst, because I have no fat there at all. My leg muscles are always seeming to be contracted.

    Silly chick I live with all too enthusiastic about doing it "for me". I'd rather tape  the syringe to the wall and back my ass into it that have  her skinny shaky little fingers administer it. Another thing not to like about this stupid bitch is that she loves eavesdroping on my phone calls, and my Dad was asking me about it. Got called a box a bunch of times. I can deal with it, but between back and elbow surgeries, the tests that require being electrocuted to see exactly where  the nerves are damaged/pinched, etc....and all the other crap related to the wicked car accident I was in......I really don't want some ill tempered mean bitch giving it to me. Just worn out by medical procedures more than I can describe.

    Thinking about just going to a doc in the box showing him my script and the bottle and pay him to do it.

    Thoughts? (about going to a doc in the box...of course I know that I have to dump this stupid mean bitch)

    Oh yeah, I made a suggestion in help section about making the title of this thread

    "Food, Fitness, and Health."

    I believe that there would be enough health questions out there. Seriously.
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: May. 15, 2009 - 9:55 PM ET #2

    LMAO...

    I thought I called myself a box in the thread tittle, not a "box". 
    Reply
    LMAO...

    I thought I called myself a box in the thread tittle, not a "box". 
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: May. 15, 2009 - 10:25 PM ET #3

    I had to do this shit for a couple of years (had to do with something I got from blood tranfusions during my heart surgeries)

    I had to do the shots in my thigh like 3 times a week...I am a thin guy, you pinch the skin and then do the needle in the middle.
    I was nervous as hell to do the 1st one, and was always paranoid about making sure there was no air in the thing but I got used to it. f'n legs would bet bruised every so often if i would tense up when doing it.

    if u want you can send me a PM or if my post was enough then thats fine too
    Reply
    I had to do this shit for a couple of years (had to do with something I got from blood tranfusions during my heart surgeries)

    I had to do the shots in my thigh like 3 times a week...I am a thin guy, you pinch the skin and then do the needle in the middle.
    I was nervous as hell to do the 1st one, and was always paranoid about making sure there was no air in the thing but I got used to it. f'n legs would bet bruised every so often if i would tense up when doing it.

    if u want you can send me a PM or if my post was enough then thats fine too
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: May. 15, 2009 - 10:31 PM ET #4

    NJ, I will drop you a note tomorrow. I don't understand the pinch the skin thing.

    These needles of my appear to be fairly big. Maybe I am being a box about this, or I think that I'm just worn out by having so much done in a little over a year.
    Reply
    NJ, I will drop you a note tomorrow. I don't understand the pinch the skin thing.

    These needles of my appear to be fairly big. Maybe I am being a box about this, or I think that I'm just worn out by having so much done in a little over a year.
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: May. 16, 2009 - 4:56 AM ET #5

    You pinch the skin and then do the shot in the middle of where you pinched...makes you not feel the needle


    Reply
    You pinch the skin and then do the shot in the middle of where you pinched...makes you not feel the needle


     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: May. 16, 2009 - 6:50 PM ET #6

    Ughh...Are you serious? 2mg? Am I to assume that you can do this in your hip, and I guess at a straight angle?

    It's an oil based steroid if it matters.....

    NJ, hope you see this and get back to me.........I don't want to pay a doc in the box $100 for the visit.


    Reply
    Ughh...Are you serious? 2mg? Am I to assume that you can do this in your hip, and I guess at a straight angle?

    It's an oil based steroid if it matters.....

    NJ, hope you see this and get back to me.........I don't want to pay a doc in the box $100 for the visit.


     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: May. 16, 2009 - 6:55 PM ET #7

    Its a 1 time thing?

    where did they tell you to do it? I wouldnt imagine injecting somthing yourself into a bone is a good idea...you need to have some meat to inject into, thigh, stomach, etc

    I dont know how much each dose I had to do was
    Reply
    Its a 1 time thing?

    where did they tell you to do it? I wouldnt imagine injecting somthing yourself into a bone is a good idea...you need to have some meat to inject into, thigh, stomach, etc

    I dont know how much each dose I had to do was
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: May. 16, 2009 - 6:56 PM ET #8

    Id atleast call a doctor or even go to the pharmacist and ask them what exactly to do
    Reply
    Id atleast call a doctor or even go to the pharmacist and ask them what exactly to do
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: May. 16, 2009 - 7:42 PM ET #9

    NJ, it's thigh. upper outside quadrant

    Is that an answer that works? I'm not kidding how much of a box that I am about this.

    Thanks.
    Reply
    NJ, it's thigh. upper outside quadrant

    Is that an answer that works? I'm not kidding how much of a box that I am about this.

    Thanks.
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: May. 16, 2009 - 7:49 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    Id atleast call a doctor or even go to the pharmacist and ask them what exactly to do


    Sounds like what I'll have to do, unless I figure it out. The Doc that prescribed it is two hours away. Grrrr...


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    Id atleast call a doctor or even go to the pharmacist and ask them what exactly to do


    Sounds like what I'll have to do, unless I figure it out. The Doc that prescribed it is two hours away. Grrrr...


     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: May. 16, 2009 - 10:39 PM ET #11

    There should be enough thigh there to do the shot and be fine.  you pinch the skin and then as you are pinching it you put the needle in the part you are pinching.

    you know how to make sure there's no air in the thing and all that shit right?

    you'll be fine
    Reply
    There should be enough thigh there to do the shot and be fine.  you pinch the skin and then as you are pinching it you put the needle in the part you are pinching.

    you know how to make sure there's no air in the thing and all that shit right?

    you'll be fine
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: May. 16, 2009 - 10:39 PM ET #12

    but talk to the pharmacist anyway and theyll explain it to you
    Reply
    but talk to the pharmacist anyway and theyll explain it to you
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: May. 16, 2009 - 11:59 PM ET #13

    NJ, yup, I know about the no air bubble thing. I'll take a couple pain pills, and then do how you told me tomorrow. Can't do this right now......Straight through the middle of where I pinch, right?

    This looks like a big fricking needle.

    The Doc gave me the first one, and I swear the bastard was 6ft away and practicing for a dart league or something. Seemed like he threw the thing from about 5 ft away or something. I wanted to turn around and smack him silly.

    Thanks bubba.............
    Reply
    NJ, yup, I know about the no air bubble thing. I'll take a couple pain pills, and then do how you told me tomorrow. Can't do this right now......Straight through the middle of where I pinch, right?

    This looks like a big fricking needle.

    The Doc gave me the first one, and I swear the bastard was 6ft away and practicing for a dart league or something. Seemed like he threw the thing from about 5 ft away or something. I wanted to turn around and smack him silly.

    Thanks bubba.............
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: May. 17, 2009 - 12:42 AM ET #14

    I really hope that I don't build up the nerve to do this to myself tonight.
    Reply
    I really hope that I don't build up the nerve to do this to myself tonight.
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: May. 17, 2009 - 1:39 AM ET #15

    Straight through the middle of where I pinch, right?

    Yep
    Reply
    Straight through the middle of where I pinch, right?

    Yep
     
     
    dennishopson
    dennishopson
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 19119
    Posted: May. 17, 2009 - 1:46 AM ET #16

    Lots of air bubbles are good, right?

    J/K Thanks NJ
    Reply
    Lots of air bubbles are good, right?

    J/K Thanks NJ
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,662
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,212
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,266
    • PART DEUX 250
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,490
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,450
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,818
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 619

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.