I live in Nova Scotia Canada and have accounts set up with wagerweb and 5dimes and have funded these account through Western Union. I got a call from the IRS in Texas saying that I owe taxes. Has anyone heard of this?
Any advice would be appreciated.
TML17
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Hi All,
I live in Nova Scotia Canada and have accounts set up with wagerweb and 5dimes and have funded these account through Western Union. I got a call from the IRS in Texas saying that I owe taxes. Has anyone heard of this?
f you receive a phone call, fax or letter in the mail from an individual claiming to be from the IRS but you suspect they are not an IRS employee, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to determine if the IRS has a legitimate need to contact you. Report any bogus correspondence.
f you receive a phone call, fax or letter in the mail from an individual claiming to be from the IRS but you suspect they are not an IRS employee, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to determine if the IRS has a legitimate need to contact you. Report any bogus correspondence.
So you live in Canada and.supposedly get a call from a US govt agency telling you that you owe the US govt tax dollars ( even though you are not a citizen ) ?........... Then you come to the conclusion that this is because you have accounts with two sportsbooks that are located in Costa Rica ? Why not just send the IRS a blank cheque , this kind of stupidity deserves to cost you money.
And as if thats not crazy enough..........then, a Covers mod one ups the madness by telling you to contact Lou who " specializes " in this sort of thing ? WTF ? LOL
This thread cant possibly be for real ? Can it ?
So you live in Canada and.supposedly get a call from a US govt agency telling you that you owe the US govt tax dollars ( even though you are not a citizen ) ?........... Then you come to the conclusion that this is because you have accounts with two sportsbooks that are located in Costa Rica ? Why not just send the IRS a blank cheque , this kind of stupidity deserves to cost you money.
And as if thats not crazy enough..........then, a Covers mod one ups the madness by telling you to contact Lou who " specializes " in this sort of thing ? WTF ? LOL
I live in the US.If you send me the $ that you owe the IRS,I will give it to them.As a Covers.com special offer take 10% off the total for being such a helpful poster.
thank you
I live in the US.If you send me the $ that you owe the IRS,I will give it to them.As a Covers.com special offer take 10% off the total for being such a helpful poster.
I live in Nova Scotia Canada and have accounts set up with wagerweb and 5dimes and have funded these account through Western Union. I got a call from the IRS in Texas saying that I owe taxes. Has anyone heard of this?
Any advice would be appreciated.
TML17
It's a scam. I live in BC and they call regularly. I just tell them to darn off
Quote Originally Posted by TML17:
Hi All,
I live in Nova Scotia Canada and have accounts set up with wagerweb and 5dimes and have funded these account through Western Union. I got a call from the IRS in Texas saying that I owe taxes. Has anyone heard of this?
Any advice would be appreciated.
TML17
It's a scam. I live in BC and they call regularly. I just tell them to darn off
It's a scam. Ask them for their physical address as you know a few people in the states who will come pay them a personal visit. Guido and the boys will go and personally deliver your kindest regards.
It's a scam. Ask them for their physical address as you know a few people in the states who will come pay them a personal visit. Guido and the boys will go and personally deliver your kindest regards.