• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Gaming Industry - US

    Nightmare Moneygram Deposit

    davidrocks
    HypoHandi
    bigvern1013
    joanne12
    Natty68
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1874
    Posts: 11
     
    davidrocks
    davidrocks
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 8:40 AM ET #1

    I had a nightmare moneygram deposit yesterday and I highly suggest not using moneygram to deposit using bovada.  I used my name and went to deposit at a moneygram location, everything looked great, but 20 minutes later when I checked my account, nothing was in it.  So I called back and they kept trying to push it through until my "three chances" were up.  It was after my three chances were up that me I realized that the reason why the money was not coming was because fricken Moneygram was withholding my money for some garbage.

    Do I call up Bovada to ask for an exception for a fourth try, which I have gotten in the past.  The customer service lady was extremely rude and basically told me no and to get my money back.  So I got my money back and called them back, as I wanted to go to a different moneygram location to deposit.  There was mass confusion, but basically I was told to send it to the same name as before, and that they would give me a 20% reload bonus with no rollover.  Great.  So when I try to put it through again, moneygram withholds it again, but after the bovada people tried to press it through twice more to no avail, I finally stopped them and called moneygram to hear that they did withhold it.  So, finally, I still have one try left, it should go through now.  But nope, Bovada now tells me that they can't push it through with some jumbled nonsense, and to call back tomorrow to ask for a new person to send to if I still wanted to despoit (Whcich is what I wanted to do a long time ago before bovada customer service told me not to).

    I am SO done. This has been a nightmare.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I had a nightmare moneygram deposit yesterday and I highly suggest not using moneygram to deposit using bovada.  I used my name and went to deposit at a moneygram location, everything looked great, but 20 minutes later when I checked my account, nothing was in it.  So I called back and they kept trying to push it through until my "three chances" were up.  It was after my three chances were up that me I realized that the reason why the money was not coming was because fricken Moneygram was withholding my money for some garbage.

    Do I call up Bovada to ask for an exception for a fourth try, which I have gotten in the past.  The customer service lady was extremely rude and basically told me no and to get my money back.  So I got my money back and called them back, as I wanted to go to a different moneygram location to deposit.  There was mass confusion, but basically I was told to send it to the same name as before, and that they would give me a 20% reload bonus with no rollover.  Great.  So when I try to put it through again, moneygram withholds it again, but after the bovada people tried to press it through twice more to no avail, I finally stopped them and called moneygram to hear that they did withhold it.  So, finally, I still have one try left, it should go through now.  But nope, Bovada now tells me that they can't push it through with some jumbled nonsense, and to call back tomorrow to ask for a new person to send to if I still wanted to despoit (Whcich is what I wanted to do a long time ago before bovada customer service told me not to).

    I am SO done. This has been a nightmare.
     
    davidrocks
    davidrocks
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 8:47 AM ET #2

    Not to mention Bovada customer service said on two occasions they would call me back, and never did.
    Reply
    Not to mention Bovada customer service said on two occasions they would call me back, and never did.
     
    HypoHandi
    HypoHandi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 313
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 4:22 PM ET #3

    That's the trouble with sending Moneygram. They seem to know what you have in mind.

    Not sure you have a legitimate case here against Bovada, especially since you seem to have experienced the problem previously. It is clear Moneygram was withholding the money and Bovada was trying to get it. What could they really do? They did what they could for you.

    You were asking for it and got it.


    Reply
    That's the trouble with sending Moneygram. They seem to know what you have in mind.

    Not sure you have a legitimate case here against Bovada, especially since you seem to have experienced the problem previously. It is clear Moneygram was withholding the money and Bovada was trying to get it. What could they really do? They did what they could for you.

    You were asking for it and got it.


     
    bigvern1013
    bigvern1013
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 3051
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 5:53 PM ET #4

    As of right now, the best way to go is Bitcoin. Hands down.

    Never Make A Winner A Loser. Never.
    Reply

    As of right now, the best way to go is Bitcoin. Hands down.

     
    davidrocks
    davidrocks
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 6:26 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by HypoHandi:

    That's the trouble with sending Moneygram. They seem to know what you have in mind.

    Not sure you have a legitimate case here against Bovada, especially since you seem to have experienced the problem previously. It is clear Moneygram was withholding the money and Bovada was trying to get it. What could they really do? They did what they could for you.

    You were asking for it and got it.


    No real problems with Bovada in this case, just a warning to other bettors thinking about using moneygram that they can withhold the money and not tell anybody, so that by the time you realize what is wrong, your three chances are up.

    Apparently moneygram must have blacklisted me or something, because I am no longer able to use the service.  I bought a bank visa, prepaid credit card and will be setting it up and depositing in the morning.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HypoHandi:

    That's the trouble with sending Moneygram. They seem to know what you have in mind.

    Not sure you have a legitimate case here against Bovada, especially since you seem to have experienced the problem previously. It is clear Moneygram was withholding the money and Bovada was trying to get it. What could they really do? They did what they could for you.

    You were asking for it and got it.


    No real problems with Bovada in this case, just a warning to other bettors thinking about using moneygram that they can withhold the money and not tell anybody, so that by the time you realize what is wrong, your three chances are up.

    Apparently moneygram must have blacklisted me or something, because I am no longer able to use the service.  I bought a bank visa, prepaid credit card and will be setting it up and depositing in the morning.
     
    davidrocks
    davidrocks
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Aug. 19, 2015 - 6:27 PM ET #6

    My only real problem with bovada is that in the past two days, they have told me three times that they would call me back and just never did.
    Reply
    My only real problem with bovada is that in the past two days, they have told me three times that they would call me back and just never did.
     
    joanne12
    joanne12
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 1359
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2015 - 4:08 PM ET #7

    how you guys still use mg or wu is beyond me! C'mon,it is 2015,get with the times!!
    Reply
    how you guys still use mg or wu is beyond me! C'mon,it is 2015,get with the times!!
     
    HypoHandi
    HypoHandi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 313
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2015 - 4:17 PM ET #8

    What should we use -- Bitcoin? Got ready to buy BitCoin for a deposit and it dropped $30 by the time I could have transferred. Think I'll stick with MG and WU unless you've got a better suggestion.
    Reply
    What should we use -- Bitcoin? Got ready to buy BitCoin for a deposit and it dropped $30 by the time I could have transferred. Think I'll stick with MG and WU unless you've got a better suggestion.
     
    Natty68
    Natty68
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3310
    Posted: Aug. 21, 2015 - 9:36 AM ET #9

    N E T S P E N D.................problem solved.  Reload at any cvs.  I have used the same one at both Heritage and Bovada forever and have never had a problem.
    As long as they pretend to pay me I will pretend to work
    Reply
    N E T S P E N D.................problem solved.  Reload at any cvs.  I have used the same one at both Heritage and Bovada forever and have never had a problem.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Aug. 22, 2015 - 8:53 PM ET #10


    NEVER have I had a problem with MG deposits or withdrawals.

    You guys send and request too much $ at one time.

    I keep it at $500 and fly under the radar.

    And as for Bovada... they are a S-H-I-T Book anyway.  you do business with Calvin Ayre in any way, shape, or form and you get what you deserve.

    BOVADA SUKKS.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    NEVER have I had a problem with MG deposits or withdrawals.

    You guys send and request too much $ at one time.

    I keep it at $500 and fly under the radar.

    And as for Bovada... they are a S-H-I-T Book anyway.  you do business with Calvin Ayre in any way, shape, or form and you get what you deserve.

    BOVADA SUKKS.
     
     
    davidrocks
    davidrocks
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2015 - 12:13 PM ET #11

    I tried using bank but it just wasn't working for me.  I was also really tired of Bovada not calling me back (3 times total in two days), so I just decided to switch to Bookmaker and I have had a great experience so far.
    Reply
    I tried using bank but it just wasn't working for me.  I was also really tired of Bovada not calling me back (3 times total in two days), so I just decided to switch to Bookmaker and I have had a great experience so far.
    All Forums | Gaming Industry - US

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 451,570
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 632
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,211
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,014
    • PART DEUX 174
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 5,348
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,479
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,774
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,643
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 594

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.