• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Rules of Wagering

    vancleaveb
    Getty3
    HutchEmAll
    bill702
    666LES
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 767
    Posts: 19
     
    vancleaveb
    vancleaveb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 65
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 11:58 AM ET #1

    Please keep your responses to simple explanations of who is right, and why.

    Scenario:

    Player A was looking for a new outlet
    Bookie Contacts Player A and states he might be willing to book ONLY his parlay action, no straight bets
    Player A decides to give it a try, see if he is legit.

    After much back and forth, both finally agree to test the system with one wager; loser pays the following day.

    3-Team Parlay for $1500; Pays $8000 (both are aware of the short payout and agree anyways)

    Braves -1.5 (+120)      (Braves win 9-5)
    Indians-1.5 (+100)        (Indians win 2-1; but game is called after 7 innings)
    Rangers +1.5 (-190)     (Rangers lose 2-1, but cover)


    Player A contends that this play is a winner and should pay out $3500  (Runline Bets require a game to go 8.5 innings to have action, just like totals, therefore when the game was called after 7 innings that portion of the wager became "No Action" and $1500 on the remaining two pieces pays out $3500) 

    Book contends this play is a loser and Player A owes book $1500
      (Book says that any game is final once the final score is posted, no matter the innings.  Claims to know the rule, but that they are "small time" and dont' follow others rules?)


    Who is right .....and why?


    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Please keep your responses to simple explanations of who is right, and why.

    Scenario:

    Player A was looking for a new outlet
    Bookie Contacts Player A and states he might be willing to book ONLY his parlay action, no straight bets
    Player A decides to give it a try, see if he is legit.

    After much back and forth, both finally agree to test the system with one wager; loser pays the following day.

    3-Team Parlay for $1500; Pays $8000 (both are aware of the short payout and agree anyways)

    Braves -1.5 (+120)      (Braves win 9-5)
    Indians-1.5 (+100)        (Indians win 2-1; but game is called after 7 innings)
    Rangers +1.5 (-190)     (Rangers lose 2-1, but cover)


    Player A contends that this play is a winner and should pay out $3500  (Runline Bets require a game to go 8.5 innings to have action, just like totals, therefore when the game was called after 7 innings that portion of the wager became "No Action" and $1500 on the remaining two pieces pays out $3500) 

    Book contends this play is a loser and Player A owes book $1500
      (Book says that any game is final once the final score is posted, no matter the innings.  Claims to know the rule, but that they are "small time" and dont' follow others rules?)


    Who is right .....and why?


     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 12:09 PM ET #2

    The bookmaker is right. The player has no recourse without a document explaining the particular bookmaker's rules. There is no one size fits all rulebook in an illegal operation.  If he says it's a loser, it's a loser. I'd demand a refund of the bet and move on. That's the fairest solution.
    Reply
    The bookmaker is right. The player has no recourse without a document explaining the particular bookmaker's rules. There is no one size fits all rulebook in an illegal operation.  If he says it's a loser, it's a loser. I'd demand a refund of the bet and move on. That's the fairest solution.
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 12:31 PM ET #3

    (Book says that any game is final once the final score is posted, no matter the innings.  Claims to know the rule, but that they are "small time" and dont' follow others rules?)
    __________________________

    This apparently was never discussed and no offense, but what prevents a small bookie from making it up as they go?  

    I would attempt to get your money back and start over with more discussion on the "rules."  As a last result, I'd offer a couple hundred bucks as your bet was losing when the game was called. 

    If they do give your money back, I'd be prepared to walk away after a short period of time.  Is this the type you want to have a long term relationship with?
    Reply
    (Book says that any game is final once the final score is posted, no matter the innings.  Claims to know the rule, but that they are "small time" and dont' follow others rules?)
    __________________________

    This apparently was never discussed and no offense, but what prevents a small bookie from making it up as they go?  

    I would attempt to get your money back and start over with more discussion on the "rules."  As a last result, I'd offer a couple hundred bucks as your bet was losing when the game was called. 

    If they do give your money back, I'd be prepared to walk away after a short period of time.  Is this the type you want to have a long term relationship with?
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 12:34 PM ET #4

    And if he is the exception as opposed to the rule when it comes to these types of issues, I would think he would have told you up front.  

    I deal with these types of issues up front when I make a small $5 side bet with a buddy on a Nascar race.  

    And why would you ever agree to a short payout? 
    Reply
    And if he is the exception as opposed to the rule when it comes to these types of issues, I would think he would have told you up front.  

    I deal with these types of issues up front when I make a small $5 side bet with a buddy on a Nascar race.  

    And why would you ever agree to a short payout? 
     
    vancleaveb
    vancleaveb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 65
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 1:16 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    The bookmaker is right. The player has no recourse without a document explaining the particular bookmaker's rules. There is no one size fits all rulebook in an illegal operation.  If he says it's a loser, it's a loser. I'd demand a refund of the bet and move on. That's the fairest solution.

    But if he doesn't clarify his rules beforehand, doesn't it seem reasonable to apply the normal rules of wagering?

    I haven't found one place where it states anything other than a runline bet shall have "no action" unless it goes 8.5 innings.

    So now that it benefits him, he just decides he doesn't want to go by the rules?  (He basically said this....."I know the rule, but I'm a small time operation, I don't follow those rules")

    And while "rules" weren't discussed....the book did state he uses Vegas Lines/Odds.  Isn't it reasonable to believe the same rules apply?

    Anyways....show me ONE place where it states that a runline bet has action, even if it doesn't go 8.5 innings....Please!!!  I don't mind being wrong...but just can't see it. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:

    The bookmaker is right. The player has no recourse without a document explaining the particular bookmaker's rules. There is no one size fits all rulebook in an illegal operation.  If he says it's a loser, it's a loser. I'd demand a refund of the bet and move on. That's the fairest solution.

    But if he doesn't clarify his rules beforehand, doesn't it seem reasonable to apply the normal rules of wagering?

    I haven't found one place where it states anything other than a runline bet shall have "no action" unless it goes 8.5 innings.

    So now that it benefits him, he just decides he doesn't want to go by the rules?  (He basically said this....."I know the rule, but I'm a small time operation, I don't follow those rules")

    And while "rules" weren't discussed....the book did state he uses Vegas Lines/Odds.  Isn't it reasonable to believe the same rules apply?

    Anyways....show me ONE place where it states that a runline bet has action, even if it doesn't go 8.5 innings....Please!!!  I don't mind being wrong...but just can't see it. 

     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 2:00 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by vancleaveb:

    But if he doesn't clarify his rules beforehand, doesn't it seem reasonable to apply the normal rules of wagering?

    I haven't found one place where it states anything other than a runline bet shall have "no action" unless it goes 8.5 innings.

    So now that it benefits him, he just decides he doesn't want to go by the rules?  (He basically said this....."I know the rule, but I'm a small time operation, I don't follow those rules")

    And while "rules" weren't discussed....the book did state he uses Vegas Lines/Odds.  Isn't it reasonable to believe the same rules apply?

    Anyways....show me ONE place where it states that a runline bet has action, even if it doesn't go 8.5 innings....Please!!!  I don't mind being wrong...but just can't see it. 


    He's already told you he is "small time" and doesn't follow other's "rules."  You think he's going to say, "OK, you're right, here's your $8K?"  

    Try to get your money back and look at it as a learning experience. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vancleaveb:

    But if he doesn't clarify his rules beforehand, doesn't it seem reasonable to apply the normal rules of wagering?

    I haven't found one place where it states anything other than a runline bet shall have "no action" unless it goes 8.5 innings.

    So now that it benefits him, he just decides he doesn't want to go by the rules?  (He basically said this....."I know the rule, but I'm a small time operation, I don't follow those rules")

    And while "rules" weren't discussed....the book did state he uses Vegas Lines/Odds.  Isn't it reasonable to believe the same rules apply?

    Anyways....show me ONE place where it states that a runline bet has action, even if it doesn't go 8.5 innings....Please!!!  I don't mind being wrong...but just can't see it. 


    He's already told you he is "small time" and doesn't follow other's "rules."  You think he's going to say, "OK, you're right, here's your $8K?"  

    Try to get your money back and look at it as a learning experience. 
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 2:03 PM ET #7

    As Tom Cruise once said, "it doesn't matter what I believe, it only matters what I can prove."

    You're right IMO, but the guy isn't gonna cave.  Get what you can.  
    Reply
    As Tom Cruise once said, "it doesn't matter what I believe, it only matters what I can prove."

    You're right IMO, but the guy isn't gonna cave.  Get what you can.  
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 2:09 PM ET #8

    If you haven't paid him yet, then don't. Just tell him that you're familiar with the commonly accepted rules of sports gaming, and if he doesn't follow them, then you'll take your business elsewhere. And hope he doesn't send Bruce Lee over to readjust your spine. 
    Reply
    If you haven't paid him yet, then don't. Just tell him that you're familiar with the commonly accepted rules of sports gaming, and if he doesn't follow them, then you'll take your business elsewhere. And hope he doesn't send Bruce Lee over to readjust your spine. 
     
    vancleaveb
    vancleaveb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 65
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 2:36 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    As Tom Cruise once said, "it doesn't matter what I believe, it only matters what I can prove."

    You're right IMO, but the guy isn't gonna cave.  Get what you can.  

    I realize he isn't going to cave....and I honestly wrote the money off as soon as he acted a fool about it.  I just wanted to get others opinions.  I love that quote....and the thing is, I believe I proved I won...I used dozens of websites that show the rules of wagering.  Showed our emails/texts that showed where he claimed they were vegas lines/odds.

    I asked him to show me ONE legitimate source that says the bet was a loser and not a 2-way win (one leg having "no action").  And he can't....all he can say is "I'm small time, I don't go by those rules".

     

    No, I didn't pay him.  I believe (and proved) he owes me $3500....I obviously would never do business with him again....just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    As Tom Cruise once said, "it doesn't matter what I believe, it only matters what I can prove."

    You're right IMO, but the guy isn't gonna cave.  Get what you can.  

    I realize he isn't going to cave....and I honestly wrote the money off as soon as he acted a fool about it.  I just wanted to get others opinions.  I love that quote....and the thing is, I believe I proved I won...I used dozens of websites that show the rules of wagering.  Showed our emails/texts that showed where he claimed they were vegas lines/odds.

    I asked him to show me ONE legitimate source that says the bet was a loser and not a 2-way win (one leg having "no action").  And he can't....all he can say is "I'm small time, I don't go by those rules".

     

    No, I didn't pay him.  I believe (and proved) he owes me $3500....I obviously would never do business with him again....just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

     
    bill702
    bill702
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 2235
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 2:41 PM ET #10

    Yes, you're doing the right thing. Where did you find this tool? 
    Reply
    Yes, you're doing the right thing. Where did you find this tool? 
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 3:17 PM ET #11

    This guy is a bookie that doesn't pay and treat him like that particular scum that you would find anywhere else.
    Reply
    This guy is a bookie that doesn't pay and treat him like that particular scum that you would find anywhere else.
     
    FadeOnly
    FadeOnly
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 16675
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 3:53 PM ET #12

    The moral of this story is baseball sucks.  Next time bet on a real sport.


    Reply
    The moral of this story is baseball sucks.  Next time bet on a real sport.


     
    FadeOnly
    FadeOnly
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 16675
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 3:56 PM ET #13

    (continued from post #12)

    A real sport, like college football, where they shorten 4th quarters and use a constant running clock during blowouts.  This is where the real crooked money is.  

    And don't pay that mofo!
    Reply
    (continued from post #12)

    A real sport, like college football, where they shorten 4th quarters and use a constant running clock during blowouts.  This is where the real crooked money is.  

    And don't pay that mofo!
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 4:31 PM ET #14

    I believe I proved I won...I used dozens of websites that show the rules of wagering. 
    _______________

    Unfortunately, he's the judge AND the jury AND has a vested interest in the outcome.  And he already told you he doesn't follow the "traditional" rules.  
    Reply
    I believe I proved I won...I used dozens of websites that show the rules of wagering. 
    _______________

    Unfortunately, he's the judge AND the jury AND has a vested interest in the outcome.  And he already told you he doesn't follow the "traditional" rules.  
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 4:46 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    This guy is a bookie that doesn't pay and treat him like that particular scum that you would find anywhere else.



    ^^^ this   
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    This guy is a bookie that doesn't pay and treat him like that particular scum that you would find anywhere else.



    ^^^ this   
     
    vancleaveb
    vancleaveb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 65
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 4:55 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    I believe I proved I won...I used dozens of websites that show the rules of wagering. 
    _______________

    Unfortunately, he's the judge AND the jury AND has a vested interest in the outcome.  And he already told you he doesn't follow the "traditional" rules.  


    It's easy to say he doesn't follow the rules after the fact.  Truth be told, I could tell he had no idea of the rule....which just shows he's a shitty book (if he even is legit)
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    I believe I proved I won...I used dozens of websites that show the rules of wagering. 
    _______________

    Unfortunately, he's the judge AND the jury AND has a vested interest in the outcome.  And he already told you he doesn't follow the "traditional" rules.  


    It's easy to say he doesn't follow the rules after the fact.  Truth be told, I could tell he had no idea of the rule....which just shows he's a shitty book (if he even is legit)
     
    speak2truth
    speak2truth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 2008
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2013 - 10:20 PM ET #17

    break his legs with a crowbar, then burn his house while he's sleeping , then call the cops on him
    Reply
    break his legs with a crowbar, then burn his house while he's sleeping , then call the cops on him
     
    chilitokid
    chilitokid
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 10399
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2013 - 11:07 PM ET #18

    I'd drop a dime on him!
    What next, if a starting pitcher gets scratched in a run line bet and his side wins, he'll say he won te bet.
    Obviously dump this guy as there are many many more books out there!
    Reply
    I'd drop a dime on him!
    What next, if a starting pitcher gets scratched in a run line bet and his side wins, he'll say he won te bet.
    Obviously dump this guy as there are many many more books out there!
     
     
    VegasVandal
    VegasVandal
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 26913
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2013 - 11:43 PM ET #19

    If you havent paid him yet, tell him you want to bet 3,500 on a two teamer. If it loses then you dont pay the guy jack s h1t and go find a new book. If it wins you just made yourself like 8k richer and I would collect on that and then go find a new book anyway. Its sad but thats the risk he runs for letting people bet on credit that he hasnt worked with before
    Reply
    If you havent paid him yet, tell him you want to bet 3,500 on a two teamer. If it loses then you dont pay the guy jack s h1t and go find a new book. If it wins you just made yourself like 8k richer and I would collect on that and then go find a new book anyway. Its sad but thats the risk he runs for letting people bet on credit that he hasnt worked with before
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,630
    • Monday 09/28/2026 808
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,260
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 59,993
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,740
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,390
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,408
    • Another BS PI 1,001
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,546
    • NCAA WEEK 4 *** Parlay Picasso *** 9,347

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.