• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Horse Racing

    Separating contenders???

    Jr315
    angrybarber
    howzuck
    mikeyp1
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2013
    Posts: 20
     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: Apr. 24, 2017 - 12:55 PM ET #1

    I think I do a decent job on finding the contenders in a race.  But when it comes to the win bet, I usually run 2nd, 3rd or out.

    Any thoughts on separating them and picking the best steed to place the win bet on?

    I could use some insight on this!


    Thanks,  Jr


    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    I think I do a decent job on finding the contenders in a race.  But when it comes to the win bet, I usually run 2nd, 3rd or out.

    Any thoughts on separating them and picking the best steed to place the win bet on?

    I could use some insight on this!


    Thanks,  Jr


     
    angrybarber
    angrybarber
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 995
    Posted: Apr. 24, 2017 - 2:28 PM ET #2

    Tough decisions in a 20 horse field for sure. History tells you to pook for a horse who finished 1st or 2nd in their last race, people will bring up Giacamo(total pace meltdown) and Mine That Bird(still cant explain that one but he never won again) I'm aware of both those horses. But if you don't stick to any sort of criteria you end up all over the place.

    Reply
    Tough decisions in a 20 horse field for sure. History tells you to pook for a horse who finished 1st or 2nd in their last race, people will bring up Giacamo(total pace meltdown) and Mine That Bird(still cant explain that one but he never won again) I'm aware of both those horses. But if you don't stick to any sort of criteria you end up all over the place.

     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: Apr. 24, 2017 - 2:52 PM ET #3

    Thanks barber,  but what  is that criteria?   That is the question?

    What is the answer?


    I wasn't asking about the Derby but rather a  daily guideline. 

    Reply

    Thanks barber,  but what  is that criteria?   That is the question?

    What is the answer?


    I wasn't asking about the Derby but rather a  daily guideline. 

     
    angrybarber
    angrybarber
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 995
    Posted: Apr. 24, 2017 - 3:18 PM ET #4

    Grade 1 winners have also had success since the point system was implemented. My early handicapping looks like this so far as far as finding a winner goes:
    A's
    Classic Empire- last race was needed and he looked good doing it, should improve off that which easily puts him in the mix
    Irish War Cry- bounced back big from a puzzling Fountain of Youth, if he shows up he's dangerous. Running style is a plus
    Practical Joke- super consistent and improved his Thorograph number each race this. Also the Blue Grass was his first 2 turn race in which he didn't lose ground in the stretch. He should've won that race not being able to pass the maiden definitely a red flag. Running style is of concern also.
    B's
    McCraken- seemed to need the Blue Grass as a comeback race. 3-3 at CD but he may not be as fast as the fastest in the Derby. Running style is a concern 
    Gunnevera-bounced off a huge effort in Fountain of Youth but he could bounce back. Running style is a concern 
    Always Dreaming- Freaked in his last race and is definitely a bounce candidate in the Derby. Pletcher horses who run big figures at GP do not run well in the Derby. But he could be legit so I haven't made a decision on him yet
    C's
    Battalion Runner-ran a nice race in the Wood and in his 3rd race thi year could improve enough to make an impact. Running style is a plus. If he draws a good post where he could save ground he could be dangerous 
    Irap- this one got brave on a slow pace and was able to hold off Practical Joke but he has a problem getting on his right lead in the stretch. Plus this will be is 5th race this which typically doesn't bode well
    Reply
    Grade 1 winners have also had success since the point system was implemented. My early handicapping looks like this so far as far as finding a winner goes:
    A's
    Classic Empire- last race was needed and he looked good doing it, should improve off that which easily puts him in the mix
    Irish War Cry- bounced back big from a puzzling Fountain of Youth, if he shows up he's dangerous. Running style is a plus
    Practical Joke- super consistent and improved his Thorograph number each race this. Also the Blue Grass was his first 2 turn race in which he didn't lose ground in the stretch. He should've won that race not being able to pass the maiden definitely a red flag. Running style is of concern also.
    B's
    McCraken- seemed to need the Blue Grass as a comeback race. 3-3 at CD but he may not be as fast as the fastest in the Derby. Running style is a concern 
    Gunnevera-bounced off a huge effort in Fountain of Youth but he could bounce back. Running style is a concern 
    Always Dreaming- Freaked in his last race and is definitely a bounce candidate in the Derby. Pletcher horses who run big figures at GP do not run well in the Derby. But he could be legit so I haven't made a decision on him yet
    C's
    Battalion Runner-ran a nice race in the Wood and in his 3rd race thi year could improve enough to make an impact. Running style is a plus. If he draws a good post where he could save ground he could be dangerous 
    Irap- this one got brave on a slow pace and was able to hold off Practical Joke but he has a problem getting on his right lead in the stretch. Plus this will be is 5th race this which typically doesn't bode well
     
    angrybarber
    angrybarber
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 995
    Posted: Apr. 24, 2017 - 3:19 PM ET #5

    You have to decide on your own criteria. If we all had tge answer then this would be easy
    Reply
    You have to decide on your own criteria. If we all had tge answer then this would be easy
     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: Apr. 25, 2017 - 12:08 PM ET #6

    Guess I shoulda known better than to ask for some advice?   
    Reply
    Guess I shoulda known better than to ask for some advice?   
     
    howzuck
    howzuck
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2005
    Posts: 4705
    Posted: Apr. 25, 2017 - 12:32 PM ET #7

    Jr, you are a good handicapper, you have to find the contenders (as you do), then try to figure out how race will be run taking into account things like pace, post position, jockey, time off.  then how to wager it is key (exacta box, WPS, daily doubles, etc.)

    Angrybarber's comments are valid, but the derby is also a lot about racing luck and avoiding traffic.  Horses don't usually run with 19 others and many good ones who really were the best horses of their time didn't run as they should have.  I think Point Given and Holy Bull should have won their derby and it may even have been only loss of their careers.  But I didn't bet them because of prohibitively low odds (I think both were about 2-1 in big fields).  I remember betting Monarchos in 2001 because track was very speed favoring that day.  Derby is very tough puzzle, but its fun to try and if you win payoffs can be amazing......
    Reply
    Jr, you are a good handicapper, you have to find the contenders (as you do), then try to figure out how race will be run taking into account things like pace, post position, jockey, time off.  then how to wager it is key (exacta box, WPS, daily doubles, etc.)

    Angrybarber's comments are valid, but the derby is also a lot about racing luck and avoiding traffic.  Horses don't usually run with 19 others and many good ones who really were the best horses of their time didn't run as they should have.  I think Point Given and Holy Bull should have won their derby and it may even have been only loss of their careers.  But I didn't bet them because of prohibitively low odds (I think both were about 2-1 in big fields).  I remember betting Monarchos in 2001 because track was very speed favoring that day.  Derby is very tough puzzle, but its fun to try and if you win payoffs can be amazing......
     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: Apr. 25, 2017 - 1:40 PM ET #8

    TY Zuck,  I've never looked at pace, running style or replays!

    I still however didn't ask for anything about the Derby!  I figured out deep closers are at a disadvantage in large fields and that 2-3 yr. olds can jump up and win in a moment.

    FYI, I am NOT busting your stones here.  It's just everything is not about the Derby or triple crown for me at this time of year, is all I'm saying.


    Reply

    TY Zuck,  I've never looked at pace, running style or replays!

    I still however didn't ask for anything about the Derby!  I figured out deep closers are at a disadvantage in large fields and that 2-3 yr. olds can jump up and win in a moment.

    FYI, I am NOT busting your stones here.  It's just everything is not about the Derby or triple crown for me at this time of year, is all I'm saying.


     
    howzuck
    howzuck
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2005
    Posts: 4705
    Posted: Apr. 25, 2017 - 1:50 PM ET #9

    Yes, I understand, as I said, I was addressing angrybarber's comments.  I know you are just asking about handicapping in general, the challenge is to identify the two or three horses that can win, then play them based on odds or value or in an exacta, or however you choose.  If I really think a favorite si a "lock" and odds are too low, I simply pass the race and go on to next one, there's always another opportunity ahead.......

    Those factors mentioned are generally considered by any serious handicapper, how much they are weighed is what distinguishes each person's selections.
    Reply
    Yes, I understand, as I said, I was addressing angrybarber's comments.  I know you are just asking about handicapping in general, the challenge is to identify the two or three horses that can win, then play them based on odds or value or in an exacta, or however you choose.  If I really think a favorite si a "lock" and odds are too low, I simply pass the race and go on to next one, there's always another opportunity ahead.......

    Those factors mentioned are generally considered by any serious handicapper, how much they are weighed is what distinguishes each person's selections.
     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2017 - 11:41 AM ET #10

    {Layoff horses}

    How much time is too much?  I use 60 days as my guideline but will use a horse coming off a layoff if it worked 4 times in the last 30 days (once a week).
    Doesn't seem to much to ask?

    Reply

    {Layoff horses}

    How much time is too much?  I use 60 days as my guideline but will use a horse coming off a layoff if it worked 4 times in the last 30 days (once a week).
    Doesn't seem to much to ask?

     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2017 - 11:51 AM ET #11

    Another big one for me is the drop down. A horse going from say a 10k claimer to 5k is a 50%. That tells me the horse is NOT sound and the trainer is trying to unload the horse.

    So I use 25% as my guideline because I've noticed some trainers drop about this much to steal the purse and if the horse gets claimed, just more money in the coffers.

    However, if the horse won last out and drops in price today that is a no-play for me.

    Reply

    Another big one for me is the drop down. A horse going from say a 10k claimer to 5k is a 50%. That tells me the horse is NOT sound and the trainer is trying to unload the horse.

    So I use 25% as my guideline because I've noticed some trainers drop about this much to steal the purse and if the horse gets claimed, just more money in the coffers.

    However, if the horse won last out and drops in price today that is a no-play for me.

     
    mikeyp1
    mikeyp1
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 13204
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2017 - 7:47 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Jr315:

    I think I do a decent job on finding the contenders in a race.  But when it comes to the win bet, I usually run 2nd, 3rd or out.

    Any thoughts on separating them and picking the best steed to place the win bet on?

    I could use some insight on this!


    Read this for insight. They update it almost daily during Derby week.....

    https://www.drf.com/derby-watch




    Thanks,  Jr


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr315:

    I think I do a decent job on finding the contenders in a race.  But when it comes to the win bet, I usually run 2nd, 3rd or out.

    Any thoughts on separating them and picking the best steed to place the win bet on?

    I could use some insight on this!


    Read this for insight. They update it almost daily during Derby week.....

    https://www.drf.com/derby-watch




    Thanks,  Jr


     
    mikeyp1
    mikeyp1
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 13204
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2017 - 7:48 PM ET #13

    Read this for insight. They update it almost daily during Derby week.....

    https://www.drf.com/derby-watch



    Reply

    Read this for insight. They update it almost daily during Derby week.....

    https://www.drf.com/derby-watch



     
    mikeyp1
    mikeyp1
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 13204
    Posted: Apr. 26, 2017 - 7:55 PM ET #14

    "Another big one for me is the drop down. A horse going from say a 10k claimer to 5k is a 50%. That tells me the horse is NOT sound and the trainer is trying to unload the horse."


    True some of the time, but dropped mostly because the horse has a better chance to win at a lower level, if he qualifies. If a horse is sore, he's sore just as much at $5K as he was at $10K. Any trainer running a sore horse is asking for trouble for putting the horse in jeopardy. In addition, if a horse is sore, they have less chance of winning, which only makes common sense.

    Other factors include conditions, i.e. non-winners of three races at a certain condition assuming the horse qualifies for a drop.

    Reply

    "Another big one for me is the drop down. A horse going from say a 10k claimer to 5k is a 50%. That tells me the horse is NOT sound and the trainer is trying to unload the horse."


    True some of the time, but dropped mostly because the horse has a better chance to win at a lower level, if he qualifies. If a horse is sore, he's sore just as much at $5K as he was at $10K. Any trainer running a sore horse is asking for trouble for putting the horse in jeopardy. In addition, if a horse is sore, they have less chance of winning, which only makes common sense.

    Other factors include conditions, i.e. non-winners of three races at a certain condition assuming the horse qualifies for a drop.

     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: Apr. 27, 2017 - 12:28 PM ET #15

    Thanks Mikey, but I was only talking about claimers. I respectfully have to disagree then.  I think if you drop a horse that won for say 10k in the last 3 months and today is in for 25% or more drop something is wrong! 

    However, I'm sure you know a helluva lot more than I do.


    BOL MikeyP, enjoy that retirement.  I know I do.

    Reply

    Thanks Mikey, but I was only talking about claimers. I respectfully have to disagree then.  I think if you drop a horse that won for say 10k in the last 3 months and today is in for 25% or more drop something is wrong! 

    However, I'm sure you know a helluva lot more than I do.


    BOL MikeyP, enjoy that retirement.  I know I do.

     
    mikeyp1
    mikeyp1
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 13204
    Posted: Apr. 28, 2017 - 8:53 AM ET #16

    No prob, Jr...that's the reason for the forum, to share opinions.

    Reply

    No prob, Jr...that's the reason for the forum, to share opinions.

     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: Apr. 29, 2017 - 1:02 PM ET #17

    Thanks PQ,  but I ain't on twitter or anywhere else!

    Throw out some picks in here and we'll see if ya got game?

    Reply

    Thanks PQ,  but I ain't on twitter or anywhere else!

    Throw out some picks in here and we'll see if ya got game?

     
    mikeyp1
    mikeyp1
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 13204
    Posted: Apr. 29, 2017 - 3:47 PM ET #18

    Hey....that is some pretty sound advice/betting strategy from Parlay
    Reply
    Hey....that is some pretty sound advice/betting strategy from Parlay
     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: Apr. 30, 2017 - 10:26 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayQueen:

    I'll be perfectly honest with you, giving out picks can often affect my odds, it's a little bit different in other sports where there is a fixed price. So I'm pretty hesitant to. With that being said, I put out a "pick 6" video Friday's on @Covers Twitter page. I also do best bets on AmericasBestRacing.... my name is Monique. 

    Again no thanks Monique, I do however find it interesting that you think your picks affect  the odds???    Chalk is  chalk, best bet or not and offers no value.

    I try not to play the chalk and played Farhaan( sp?) in the 7th @ SA  for a nice winner yesterday.


    BOL to you,  Jr

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayQueen:

    I'll be perfectly honest with you, giving out picks can often affect my odds, it's a little bit different in other sports where there is a fixed price. So I'm pretty hesitant to. With that being said, I put out a "pick 6" video Friday's on @Covers Twitter page. I also do best bets on AmericasBestRacing.... my name is Monique. 

    Again no thanks Monique, I do however find it interesting that you think your picks affect  the odds???    Chalk is  chalk, best bet or not and offers no value.

    I try not to play the chalk and played Farhaan( sp?) in the 7th @ SA  for a nice winner yesterday.


    BOL to you,  Jr

     
     
    Jr315
    Jr315
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 2433
    Posted: May. 1, 2017 - 11:47 AM ET #20

    As I said, I am not on twitter so what you post there means nothing to me. I have zero followers anywhere.

    If you wanna make me believe, I'll need to see some picks in here! Otherwise, I don't care what you think, plain and simple.

    "Chalk is still chalk" so you're win% has to be astronomical to make money in the long run. I can cash 2-3 longshots out of 25 races and still make coin.

    Chalk is not for me at this time!

    All the best in your endeavors, Jr

    Reply

    As I said, I am not on twitter so what you post there means nothing to me. I have zero followers anywhere.

    If you wanna make me believe, I'll need to see some picks in here! Otherwise, I don't care what you think, plain and simple.

    "Chalk is still chalk" so you're win% has to be astronomical to make money in the long run. I can cash 2-3 longshots out of 25 races and still make coin.

    Chalk is not for me at this time!

    All the best in your endeavors, Jr

    All Forums | Horse Racing

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,386
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 686
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,054
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,312
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,382
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,812
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,482
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,146
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,201
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,798

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.