• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

    bowlwins
    jaxwhitey
    wallstreetcappers
    Sherman79
    DTher85
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 313
    Posts: 8
     
    bowlwins
    bowlwins
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 478
    Posted: Jan. 15, 2009 - 9:58 PM ET #1

    I was thinking of investing in one of these two companies. I know the housing market tanked along with both of these companies but I am looking long term.

    When the housing market does stabilize again this stocks will eventually rise correct?

    Anyone think that in 10 years they will be trading in the 30-40 dollar range again?

    I was thinking of buying 5000 stocks which is only around 3500 dollars which is not a huge investment

    I have will not need the money so if I have to wait 10 years thats fine just want some opinions on this
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I was thinking of investing in one of these two companies. I know the housing market tanked along with both of these companies but I am looking long term.

    When the housing market does stabilize again this stocks will eventually rise correct?

    Anyone think that in 10 years they will be trading in the 30-40 dollar range again?

    I was thinking of buying 5000 stocks which is only around 3500 dollars which is not a huge investment

    I have will not need the money so if I have to wait 10 years thats fine just want some opinions on this
     
    bowlwins
    bowlwins
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 478
    Posted: Jan. 15, 2009 - 10:02 PM ET #2

    Holy crap what bad grammar mistakes
    Lets try this again:

    I was thinking of investing in one of these two companies. I know the housing market tanked along with both of these companies but I am looking long term.

    When the housing market does stabilize again these stocks will eventually rise correct?

    Anyone think that in 10 years they will be trading in the 30-40 dollar range again?

    I was thinking of buying 5000 stocks which is only around 3500 dollars which is not a huge investment

    I  will not be in need the money so if I have to wait 10 years it will fine. I just want some opinions on this



    Reply
    Holy crap what bad grammar mistakes
    Lets try this again:

    I was thinking of investing in one of these two companies. I know the housing market tanked along with both of these companies but I am looking long term.

    When the housing market does stabilize again these stocks will eventually rise correct?

    Anyone think that in 10 years they will be trading in the 30-40 dollar range again?

    I was thinking of buying 5000 stocks which is only around 3500 dollars which is not a huge investment

    I  will not be in need the money so if I have to wait 10 years it will fine. I just want some opinions on this



     
    jaxwhitey
    jaxwhitey
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1752
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2009 - 1:28 AM ET #3

    Your range is high, real high.  I'd be thrilled if it got to $6-$7 without any reverse splits
    Reply
    Your range is high, real high.  I'd be thrilled if it got to $6-$7 without any reverse splits
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2009 - 1:37 AM ET #4

    If they make it and the housing market stabilizes they could see 20, but that might take 10 yrs or more.

    The dilution they are going to have is enormous and the loans to pay back etc..its going to be an uphill climb for sure, but you never know we have seen greater recoveries.
    Reply
    If they make it and the housing market stabilizes they could see 20, but that might take 10 yrs or more.

    The dilution they are going to have is enormous and the loans to pay back etc..its going to be an uphill climb for sure, but you never know we have seen greater recoveries.
     
    Sherman79
    Sherman79
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 689
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2009 - 11:13 AM ET #5

    i would go with a good company that has been deflated with the recession.  Companies like Potash(POT) and Rio Tinto (RTP). RTP will go back up once the economy stabilizes and there is a demand for the minerals, aluminum and steel to make the products we buy. Farmers will always use fertilizer although they might not use as much right now. POT will be back up when they do, and actually will go up with the market
    Reply
    i would go with a good company that has been deflated with the recession.  Companies like Potash(POT) and Rio Tinto (RTP). RTP will go back up once the economy stabilizes and there is a demand for the minerals, aluminum and steel to make the products we buy. Farmers will always use fertilizer although they might not use as much right now. POT will be back up when they do, and actually will go up with the market
     
    bowlwins
    bowlwins
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 478
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2009 - 12:59 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    If they make it and the housing market stabilizes they could see 20, but that might take 10 yrs or more.

    The dilution they are going to have is enormous and the loans to pay back etc..its going to be an uphill climb for sure, but you never know we have seen greater recoveries.


    Thanks I can wait 10 or even 20 years .This investment would be for something like a child's college fund and I have yet to have kids .I think 3500 risk to maybe see 60k in twenty years is worth it
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    If they make it and the housing market stabilizes they could see 20, but that might take 10 yrs or more.

    The dilution they are going to have is enormous and the loans to pay back etc..its going to be an uphill climb for sure, but you never know we have seen greater recoveries.


    Thanks I can wait 10 or even 20 years .This investment would be for something like a child's college fund and I have yet to have kids .I think 3500 risk to maybe see 60k in twenty years is worth it
     
    DTher85
    DTher85
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 5310
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2009 - 3:05 PM ET #7

    What worries me is the government practically having stake in the company because of the loans they gave to Fannie and Freddie so they can stay on life support.  I think these loans will prevent them from seeing anything close to your $30-$40 range.  I would be happy to see them make it to the $5 range to be honest. Even then thats still a very good return considering they're trading at under 70 cents last I saw.
    Reply
    What worries me is the government practically having stake in the company because of the loans they gave to Fannie and Freddie so they can stay on life support.  I think these loans will prevent them from seeing anything close to your $30-$40 range.  I would be happy to see them make it to the $5 range to be honest. Even then thats still a very good return considering they're trading at under 70 cents last I saw.
     
     
    bowlwins
    bowlwins
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 478
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2009 - 12:31 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by DTher85:

    What worries me is the government practically having stake in the company because of the loans they gave to Fannie and Freddie so they can stay on life support.  I think these loans will prevent them from seeing anything close to your $30-$40 range.  I would be happy to see them make it to the $5 range to be honest. Even then thats still a very good return considering they're trading at under 70 cents last I saw.


    5 dollars a share would be fine by me . I'm just mad I didnt put my investment in a month ago when they were trading at .35 cents a share. My investment would have already doubled
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DTher85:

    What worries me is the government practically having stake in the company because of the loans they gave to Fannie and Freddie so they can stay on life support.  I think these loans will prevent them from seeing anything close to your $30-$40 range.  I would be happy to see them make it to the $5 range to be honest. Even then thats still a very good return considering they're trading at under 70 cents last I saw.


    5 dollars a share would be fine by me . I'm just mad I didnt put my investment in a month ago when they were trading at .35 cents a share. My investment would have already doubled
    All Forums | Investments

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,726
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,197
    • Monday 09/28/2026 816
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,830
    • PART DEUX 281
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,288
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,006
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,469
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,705
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,487

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.