I have about $2000 I want to invest in Google. I want to buy and hold for a decent amount of time, not looking to trade any thing soon.
Does it make sense to buy like 4 shares of GOOG, or should i just buy call options that will expire in a year or two. THeres a bigger payout for the options? i think, dont really get how they work. Any input would be great, thanks
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I have about $2000 I want to invest in Google. I want to buy and hold for a decent amount of time, not looking to trade any thing soon.
Does it make sense to buy like 4 shares of GOOG, or should i just buy call options that will expire in a year or two. THeres a bigger payout for the options? i think, dont really get how they work. Any input would be great, thanks
I have yet to dabble in the options game since I lack the requisite understanding to avoid failure. I would stick to my strategy. Options are for seasoned investors only.
Buying 4 shares of a pricey stock like google is the same as buying thousands of shares of a penny stock...but safer. So dont let a small amount of shares limit your choice.
If you've got good reason to invest in google, I say go for it. I havent done enough research to say its a good long term investment for me. It looks like its losing its value by the day, so jump on it quickly if you like it.
I have yet to dabble in the options game since I lack the requisite understanding to avoid failure. I would stick to my strategy. Options are for seasoned investors only.
Buying 4 shares of a pricey stock like google is the same as buying thousands of shares of a penny stock...but safer. So dont let a small amount of shares limit your choice.
If you've got good reason to invest in google, I say go for it. I havent done enough research to say its a good long term investment for me. It looks like its losing its value by the day, so jump on it quickly if you like it.
love google and use it maybe 12 times a day but facebook just went from 200 millions users in february '10 to over 500 million today. w- the ignorance of facebook people will stop using google and will only look at sites thru their friends posted links. that spells serious trouble for google but who knows, it may still dominate.
love google and use it maybe 12 times a day but facebook just went from 200 millions users in february '10 to over 500 million today. w- the ignorance of facebook people will stop using google and will only look at sites thru their friends posted links. that spells serious trouble for google but who knows, it may still dominate.
No way- facebook will not surpass google. Completely different. Google is just dabbling in everything and i think the stock is on its way to running up to 700-800. They are getting involved in mobile phones (droid), and eventually will start competing with cable companies (Google TV).
My question is I can buy stock, or i can buy options, which i know are riskier, but offer a bigger payout. Just want to know more about what to expect with options
No way- facebook will not surpass google. Completely different. Google is just dabbling in everything and i think the stock is on its way to running up to 700-800. They are getting involved in mobile phones (droid), and eventually will start competing with cable companies (Google TV).
My question is I can buy stock, or i can buy options, which i know are riskier, but offer a bigger payout. Just want to know more about what to expect with options