• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    LR MLB Friday 14/8 (back, well kinda)

    Learnersrealm
    Natty68
    greengrocer
    Underdog2121
    capskip
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1014
    Posts: 12
     
    Learnersrealm
    Learnersrealm
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 3997
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2015 - 11:42 AM ET #1

    2015 MLB Season
    YTD 104-84
    ROI 33.5%

    2014 MLB Season

    179-150 (54%)
    ROI 70% https://tinyurl.com/pngw5va

    Friday 7/8 0-2

    Rupert Pupkin: Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime.
    - King of Comedy 1982 (No 76)

    Friday Leans (2U each) 

    PIt +107 (7.10pm EST)

    Important Caveat.
    I decided to come back, but be a bit more selective this time. I have been getting killed by the line movement second half of the season. The methodology I will now use I also incorporated (at times) in the second half of last season.
    Since I have been recording line movement for my picks this season, Below are the results:

    Line in my favour and win: 32
    Line in my favour and lost: 19
    Line against and win: 17
    Line against and loss: 21

    If my lean tonight PIT is at +107 or less value (for example +107 or -101 or heck -120) I will make a play here 10 minutes prior to game. If the line goes against I will not make a play nor will I confirm that here. I use pinnacle prices. The problem with this methodology of course is that I will lose value of my leans by game time and I might still lose the game, but I'm hoping that the 32-19 sample (win percentage) will extend for the rest of the season using this methodology incorporating line movement.

    I really liked KC last night, but the line moved sharply away from KC all day so I decided not to play and rightly so since LAA scored 4 runs top of the 9th. It is uncanny particularly in the second half of the season how many of these BP crashes occur when there is heavy line movement against that team such as what occured to KC yesterday. Of course this does not happen all the time in fact I rarely noticed line movement reflecting game outcomes in the first half of the season. But it seems that sharp money is reflecting results as we get into the latter end of the season.

    As I stated in an earlier post I will continue playing this season until ROI is minimum 20% for this season. I got rash on the 7th of August because of some hefty losses where lines went sharply away. I'll stick about as long as I'm over the 20% threshold otherwise I'll call it a season.

    Good luck on whatever plays you are having and thanks for reading.

    Cheers
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    2015 MLB Season
    YTD 104-84
    ROI 33.5%

    2014 MLB Season

    179-150 (54%)
    ROI 70% https://tinyurl.com/pngw5va

    Friday 7/8 0-2

    Rupert Pupkin: Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime.
    - King of Comedy 1982 (No 76)

    Friday Leans (2U each) 

    PIt +107 (7.10pm EST)

    Important Caveat.
    I decided to come back, but be a bit more selective this time. I have been getting killed by the line movement second half of the season. The methodology I will now use I also incorporated (at times) in the second half of last season.
    Since I have been recording line movement for my picks this season, Below are the results:

    Line in my favour and win: 32
    Line in my favour and lost: 19
    Line against and win: 17
    Line against and loss: 21

    If my lean tonight PIT is at +107 or less value (for example +107 or -101 or heck -120) I will make a play here 10 minutes prior to game. If the line goes against I will not make a play nor will I confirm that here. I use pinnacle prices. The problem with this methodology of course is that I will lose value of my leans by game time and I might still lose the game, but I'm hoping that the 32-19 sample (win percentage) will extend for the rest of the season using this methodology incorporating line movement.

    I really liked KC last night, but the line moved sharply away from KC all day so I decided not to play and rightly so since LAA scored 4 runs top of the 9th. It is uncanny particularly in the second half of the season how many of these BP crashes occur when there is heavy line movement against that team such as what occured to KC yesterday. Of course this does not happen all the time in fact I rarely noticed line movement reflecting game outcomes in the first half of the season. But it seems that sharp money is reflecting results as we get into the latter end of the season.

    As I stated in an earlier post I will continue playing this season until ROI is minimum 20% for this season. I got rash on the 7th of August because of some hefty losses where lines went sharply away. I'll stick about as long as I'm over the 20% threshold otherwise I'll call it a season.

    Good luck on whatever plays you are having and thanks for reading.

    Cheers
     
    Natty68
    Natty68
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3311
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2015 - 12:57 PM ET #2

     My focus has shifted to nfl but I'll be tailing small.  Got a feeling you're gonna finish strong.  Good luck................let's not give it all back. 
    As long as they pretend to pay me I will pretend to work
    Reply
     My focus has shifted to nfl but I'll be tailing small.  Got a feeling you're gonna finish strong.  Good luck................let's not give it all back. 
     
    greengrocer
    greengrocer
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 8707
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2015 - 2:02 PM ET #3

    Rw
    Reply
     
    Underdog2121
    Underdog2121
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2015 - 2:09 PM ET #4

    BOL LR!!
    Reply
    BOL LR!!
     
    capskip
    capskip
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 33526
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2015 - 3:44 PM ET #5

    Best of luck tonight  
    Reply
    Best of luck tonight  
     
    lakerz
    lakerz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 2515
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2015 - 5:01 PM ET #6

    I got so upset about the KC game last night I broke the television (well seriously damaged it anyway).  That bullpen blow up was the last straw for me.  I've been keeping track the past 5 years of how many games ended up being lucky wins or bad luck losses with a grade of 1 to 3 stars depending on how much good/bad luck was involved.  Interestingly enough, over the past 4 years, I've noticed a trend where I always seem to end up with moderately more bad luck results than good luck.  Who knows, maybe I am ranking the bad luck finishes higher than the good luck ones.

    In any case, this baseball season has been off the charts compared to the past 4 in terms of how skewed my bad luck results are compared to good luck.  It is blowing my mind and ended up blowing up my temper, LOL.  I guess that's a sign I need to step back for a bit, maybe wait until football season starts.  Yet here I am, scouring the lines and doing the capping and here on covers. 

    Good luck on your bet (should you do it).  I am leaning the over myself, waiting to see the lineups posted first. 
    Reply
    I got so upset about the KC game last night I broke the television (well seriously damaged it anyway).  That bullpen blow up was the last straw for me.  I've been keeping track the past 5 years of how many games ended up being lucky wins or bad luck losses with a grade of 1 to 3 stars depending on how much good/bad luck was involved.  Interestingly enough, over the past 4 years, I've noticed a trend where I always seem to end up with moderately more bad luck results than good luck.  Who knows, maybe I am ranking the bad luck finishes higher than the good luck ones.

    In any case, this baseball season has been off the charts compared to the past 4 in terms of how skewed my bad luck results are compared to good luck.  It is blowing my mind and ended up blowing up my temper, LOL.  I guess that's a sign I need to step back for a bit, maybe wait until football season starts.  Yet here I am, scouring the lines and doing the capping and here on covers. 

    Good luck on your bet (should you do it).  I am leaning the over myself, waiting to see the lineups posted first. 
     
    Learnersrealm
    Learnersrealm
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 3997
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2015 - 7:05 PM ET #7

    PIT +104
    Reply
    PIT +104
     
    Learnersrealm
    Learnersrealm
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 3997
    Posted: Aug. 14, 2015 - 10:34 PM ET #8

    PIT +104

    See you tomorrow.
    Reply
    PIT +104

    See you tomorrow.
     
    Learnersrealm
    Learnersrealm
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 3997
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2015 - 12:15 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerz:

    I got so upset about the KC game last night I broke the television (well seriously damaged it anyway).  That bullpen blow up was the last straw for me.  I've been keeping track the past 5 years of how many games ended up being lucky wins or bad luck losses with a grade of 1 to 3 stars depending on how much good/bad luck was involved.  Interestingly enough, over the past 4 years, I've noticed a trend where I always seem to end up with moderately more bad luck results than good luck.  Who knows, maybe I am ranking the bad luck finishes higher than the good luck ones.

    In any case, this baseball season has been off the charts compared to the past 4 in terms of how skewed my bad luck results are compared to good luck.  It is blowing my mind and ended up blowing up my temper, LOL.  I guess that's a sign I need to step back for a bit, maybe wait until football season starts.  Yet here I am, scouring the lines and doing the capping and here on covers. 

    Good luck on your bet (should you do it).  I am leaning the over myself, waiting to see the lineups posted first. 


    I don't blame you for losing your temper after last night's KC capitualtion. I have had some terrible late losses this season too. I thought PIT was going to be another one in extra innings, but got away unscathed. I have noticed that my luck has been bad when the line does not go in favour of my team. So I want to curtail that and incorporate line movement into my selections. PIT worked out well and so far this season my winning percentage and hence 'luck' has been remarkably better with favourable line movement. So I'll stick with that for the time being.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerz:

    I got so upset about the KC game last night I broke the television (well seriously damaged it anyway).  That bullpen blow up was the last straw for me.  I've been keeping track the past 5 years of how many games ended up being lucky wins or bad luck losses with a grade of 1 to 3 stars depending on how much good/bad luck was involved.  Interestingly enough, over the past 4 years, I've noticed a trend where I always seem to end up with moderately more bad luck results than good luck.  Who knows, maybe I am ranking the bad luck finishes higher than the good luck ones.

    In any case, this baseball season has been off the charts compared to the past 4 in terms of how skewed my bad luck results are compared to good luck.  It is blowing my mind and ended up blowing up my temper, LOL.  I guess that's a sign I need to step back for a bit, maybe wait until football season starts.  Yet here I am, scouring the lines and doing the capping and here on covers. 

    Good luck on your bet (should you do it).  I am leaning the over myself, waiting to see the lineups posted first. 


    I don't blame you for losing your temper after last night's KC capitualtion. I have had some terrible late losses this season too. I thought PIT was going to be another one in extra innings, but got away unscathed. I have noticed that my luck has been bad when the line does not go in favour of my team. So I want to curtail that and incorporate line movement into my selections. PIT worked out well and so far this season my winning percentage and hence 'luck' has been remarkably better with favourable line movement. So I'll stick with that for the time being.
     
    Learnersrealm
    Learnersrealm
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 3997
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2015 - 12:20 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Natty68:

     My focus has shifted to nfl but I'll be tailing small.  Got a feeling you're gonna finish strong.  Good luck................let's not give it all back. 


    Natt, it will be interesting reading your picks in NFL. How have you done in previous years? I tested a system last year for NFL, not unlike how I analyse MLB games and tweaked it as the season went on. I finished just in the plus. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost all of last years work! Can you believe it? I have an idea of what worked and what didn't and I look forward to giving it another go after MLB season.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty68:

     My focus has shifted to nfl but I'll be tailing small.  Got a feeling you're gonna finish strong.  Good luck................let's not give it all back. 


    Natt, it will be interesting reading your picks in NFL. How have you done in previous years? I tested a system last year for NFL, not unlike how I analyse MLB games and tweaked it as the season went on. I finished just in the plus. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I lost all of last years work! Can you believe it? I have an idea of what worked and what didn't and I look forward to giving it another go after MLB season.
     
    Hoyasaxa
    Hoyasaxa
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 5248
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2015 - 9:50 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerz:

    I got so upset about the KC game last night I broke the television (well seriously damaged it anyway).  That bullpen blow up was the last straw for me.  I've been keeping track the past 5 years of how many games ended up being lucky wins or bad luck losses with a grade of 1 to 3 stars depending on how much good/bad luck was involved.  Interestingly enough, over the past 4 years, I've noticed a trend where I always seem to end up with moderately more bad luck results than good luck.  Who knows, maybe I am ranking the bad luck finishes higher than the good luck ones.



    In any case, this baseball season has been off the charts compared to the past 4 in terms of how skewed my bad luck results are compared to good luck.  It is blowing my mind and ended up blowing up my temper, LOL.  I guess that's a sign I need to step back for a bit, maybe wait until football season starts.  Yet here I am, scouring the lines and doing the capping and here on covers. 

    Good luck on your bet (should you do it).  I am leaning the over myself, waiting to see the lineups posted first. 

    NO SIR, THAT KC LOSS was not bad luck, not at all...KC's bullpen and especially Holland was showing chinks weeks ago...check out vs. Chicago a month ago and vs Toronto last Saturday, they almost blew it...the era's are higher, teams make adjustments or figure things out except for the truly great ones like Rivera...all the bs about the game being over after 6 with KC...right...before you grade luck, check the recent history...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerz:

    I got so upset about the KC game last night I broke the television (well seriously damaged it anyway).  That bullpen blow up was the last straw for me.  I've been keeping track the past 5 years of how many games ended up being lucky wins or bad luck losses with a grade of 1 to 3 stars depending on how much good/bad luck was involved.  Interestingly enough, over the past 4 years, I've noticed a trend where I always seem to end up with moderately more bad luck results than good luck.  Who knows, maybe I am ranking the bad luck finishes higher than the good luck ones.



    In any case, this baseball season has been off the charts compared to the past 4 in terms of how skewed my bad luck results are compared to good luck.  It is blowing my mind and ended up blowing up my temper, LOL.  I guess that's a sign I need to step back for a bit, maybe wait until football season starts.  Yet here I am, scouring the lines and doing the capping and here on covers. 

    Good luck on your bet (should you do it).  I am leaning the over myself, waiting to see the lineups posted first. 

    NO SIR, THAT KC LOSS was not bad luck, not at all...KC's bullpen and especially Holland was showing chinks weeks ago...check out vs. Chicago a month ago and vs Toronto last Saturday, they almost blew it...the era's are higher, teams make adjustments or figure things out except for the truly great ones like Rivera...all the bs about the game being over after 6 with KC...right...before you grade luck, check the recent history...
     
     
    rryn122
    rryn122
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 96
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2015 - 10:06 AM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerz:

    I got so upset about the KC game last night I broke the television (well seriously damaged it anyway).  That bullpen blow up was the last straw for me.  I've been keeping track the past 5 years of how many games ended up being lucky wins or bad luck losses with a grade of 1 to 3 stars depending on how much good/bad luck was involved.  Interestingly enough, over the past 4 years, I've noticed a trend where I always seem to end up with moderately more bad luck results than good luck.  Who knows, maybe I am ranking the bad luck finishes higher than the good luck ones.In any case, this baseball season has been off the charts compared to the past 4 in terms of how skewed my bad luck results are compared to good luck.  It is blowing my mind and ended up blowing up my temper, LOL.  I guess that's a sign I need to step back for a bit, maybe wait until football season starts.  Yet here I am, scouring the lines and doing the capping and here on covers.  Good luck on your bet (should you do it).  I am leaning the over myself, waiting to see the lineups posted first. 
    NO SIR, THAT KC LOSS was not bad luck, not at all...KC's bullpen and especially Holland was showing chinks weeks ago...check out vs. Chicago a month ago and vs Toronto last Saturday, they almost blew it...the era's are higher, teams make adjustments or figure things out except for the truly great ones like Rivera...all the bs about the game being over after 6 with KC...right...before you grade luck, check the recent history...

    Your right. That bullpen has come down to 2 solid guys (Herrera and Davis). I've always have thought Davis should be closing games for KC
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerz:

    I got so upset about the KC game last night I broke the television (well seriously damaged it anyway).  That bullpen blow up was the last straw for me.  I've been keeping track the past 5 years of how many games ended up being lucky wins or bad luck losses with a grade of 1 to 3 stars depending on how much good/bad luck was involved.  Interestingly enough, over the past 4 years, I've noticed a trend where I always seem to end up with moderately more bad luck results than good luck.  Who knows, maybe I am ranking the bad luck finishes higher than the good luck ones.In any case, this baseball season has been off the charts compared to the past 4 in terms of how skewed my bad luck results are compared to good luck.  It is blowing my mind and ended up blowing up my temper, LOL.  I guess that's a sign I need to step back for a bit, maybe wait until football season starts.  Yet here I am, scouring the lines and doing the capping and here on covers.  Good luck on your bet (should you do it).  I am leaning the over myself, waiting to see the lineups posted first. 
    NO SIR, THAT KC LOSS was not bad luck, not at all...KC's bullpen and especially Holland was showing chinks weeks ago...check out vs. Chicago a month ago and vs Toronto last Saturday, they almost blew it...the era's are higher, teams make adjustments or figure things out except for the truly great ones like Rivera...all the bs about the game being over after 6 with KC...right...before you grade luck, check the recent history...

    Your right. That bullpen has come down to 2 solid guys (Herrera and Davis). I've always have thought Davis should be closing games for KC
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,575
    • Monday 10/05/2026 690
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,274
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,716
    • PART DEUX 171
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,784
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,496
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,653
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 2,894
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,584

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.