• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    Paying for picks....

    BaseballisLife1
    dick747
    dizzy415
    finsterbaby
    TERP_
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1255
    Posts: 11
     
    BaseballisLife1
    BaseballisLife1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 50
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 4:24 PM ET #1

    Would anyone on here ever pay for picks?? It's kinda funny how 99% of people on this site whine and complain about how BAD 

    professional handicappers are. Well here's the thing: if their so BAD why don't people just FADE THEM?????

    Yes I'll admit, I have paid for picks, and there are some LEGIT handicappers out there who do charge for picks.

    Vegas Insiders, documented handicappers, usasportsmoderator, all those sites have very legit handicappers. What makes them legit???

    They post their records 5 mins after the game starts, so that people know their records are legit. Win or Lose. 

    I just don't understand why they get such a bad rep. Some of them are VERY good, far better then the handicappers on here. 

    And as the old saying goes, you have to invest money to make money. 

    I don't know, me personally I'd rather invest money, with someone who has a legit record, rather then take someones picks off this site,

    who for all I know, could just be guessing about picks and really is a loosing bettor overall. 

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Would anyone on here ever pay for picks?? It's kinda funny how 99% of people on this site whine and complain about how BAD 

    professional handicappers are. Well here's the thing: if their so BAD why don't people just FADE THEM?????

    Yes I'll admit, I have paid for picks, and there are some LEGIT handicappers out there who do charge for picks.

    Vegas Insiders, documented handicappers, usasportsmoderator, all those sites have very legit handicappers. What makes them legit???

    They post their records 5 mins after the game starts, so that people know their records are legit. Win or Lose. 

    I just don't understand why they get such a bad rep. Some of them are VERY good, far better then the handicappers on here. 

    And as the old saying goes, you have to invest money to make money. 

    I don't know, me personally I'd rather invest money, with someone who has a legit record, rather then take someones picks off this site,

    who for all I know, could just be guessing about picks and really is a loosing bettor overall. 

     
    dick747
    dick747
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 5927
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 6:19 PM ET #2

    If there are any legit ones I'd love to see their information. I personally think they are all liars and cheats. Of course throw in the few complete idiots who just can't get out of their own way.
    A real deal - wins consistently. Good money mgmt. Reasonable rates. And doesn't have a 30 spill.
    I'd love to see proof of that.

    I see specialist everyday in the business world. I don't doubt that maybe there are some in this industry too - I just don't have any evidence to that effect.
    Reply
    If there are any legit ones I'd love to see their information. I personally think they are all liars and cheats. Of course throw in the few complete idiots who just can't get out of their own way.
    A real deal - wins consistently. Good money mgmt. Reasonable rates. And doesn't have a 30 spill.
    I'd love to see proof of that.

    I see specialist everyday in the business world. I don't doubt that maybe there are some in this industry too - I just don't have any evidence to that effect.
     
    dizzy415
    dizzy415
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 2143
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 6:43 PM ET #3

    Shameless plug 
    Reply
    Shameless plug 
     
    BaseballisLife1
    BaseballisLife1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 50
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 6:44 PM ET #4

    Dick, if you go to documentedhandicappers.com

    those guys are legit cappers, I've been using their picks for NBA and they do win more then they lose. Right now, using thier picks I'm at about a 57% win rate against the spread, which is pretty good actually.

    I just don't understand why they all get a bad rep, its like "this guy uses drugs, so all guys use drugs" just because some yes are scams, doesn't mean that they all are. 

     

    Robo, I don't know about any of that. I haven't been keeping track of the laws regarding sports betting. But that actually would be a really good thing if it does become a law. because like you said, it would bring out all the legit cappers and all the scam people would go to jail.

    Reply

    Dick, if you go to documentedhandicappers.com

    those guys are legit cappers, I've been using their picks for NBA and they do win more then they lose. Right now, using thier picks I'm at about a 57% win rate against the spread, which is pretty good actually.

    I just don't understand why they all get a bad rep, its like "this guy uses drugs, so all guys use drugs" just because some yes are scams, doesn't mean that they all are. 

     

    Robo, I don't know about any of that. I haven't been keeping track of the laws regarding sports betting. But that actually would be a really good thing if it does become a law. because like you said, it would bring out all the legit cappers and all the scam people would go to jail.

     
    finsterbaby
    finsterbaby
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2015
    Posts: 21848
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 6:44 PM ET #5

    Why pay 4picks n pay twice pay your man n them pay them for closing picks, I pic my own losers n jus pay once my mangl on whatever u choose.
    Reply
    Why pay 4picks n pay twice pay your man n them pay them for closing picks, I pic my own losers n jus pay once my mangl on whatever u choose.
     
    BaseballisLife1
    BaseballisLife1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 50
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 6:54 PM ET #6

    Finster, I've tried to find good handicappers to tail on this site, but I haven't been able to find it.

    I'd rather pay someone 20 and he tells me to take the Cubs yesterday at -105 (yes I know they lost) OR I could tail someone on here and he says to take the Indians at -250?!?!?!?!

    Sports betting comes down to ROI, not record and with that being the case, I'd rather use someone who is telling me take lines at between -130 and +150 then tail someone on here who is saying take lines between -150 and -350, see the difference?? ROI is what matters not record.

    Reply

    Finster, I've tried to find good handicappers to tail on this site, but I haven't been able to find it.

    I'd rather pay someone 20 and he tells me to take the Cubs yesterday at -105 (yes I know they lost) OR I could tail someone on here and he says to take the Indians at -250?!?!?!?!

    Sports betting comes down to ROI, not record and with that being the case, I'd rather use someone who is telling me take lines at between -130 and +150 then tail someone on here who is saying take lines between -150 and -350, see the difference?? ROI is what matters not record.

     
    TERP_
    TERP_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 1616
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 7:04 PM ET #7

    Put in 10 minutes of your day and do your own research. You can “follow” the market just like me and take dogs or low favorites under -140 by just watching the line movement. Takes time to get decent at knowing where the line might go or why it’s moving in a certain direction. 

    But at the end of the day you’re basically following the “professionals” for FREE and you get to be in control which is all anyone really wants. Now you can be selective on what you bet. I just took the Padres at +140 after seeing the Pittsburgh line fall like a rock. You will get better at know which games to watch for and just get an app that alerts you to line movement and jump on it when you see it moving in your direction. 
    Reply
    Put in 10 minutes of your day and do your own research. You can “follow” the market just like me and take dogs or low favorites under -140 by just watching the line movement. Takes time to get decent at knowing where the line might go or why it’s moving in a certain direction. 

    But at the end of the day you’re basically following the “professionals” for FREE and you get to be in control which is all anyone really wants. Now you can be selective on what you bet. I just took the Padres at +140 after seeing the Pittsburgh line fall like a rock. You will get better at know which games to watch for and just get an app that alerts you to line movement and jump on it when you see it moving in your direction. 
     
    davemsh
    davemsh
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 45781
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 7:14 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy415:

    Shameless plug 

    Mayweather bet 450000 on
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy415:

    Shameless plug 

     
    BaseballisLife1
    BaseballisLife1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 50
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 7:15 PM ET #9

    Terp, yeah I've tried to look into line movement but I couldn't really understand it so I gave up and I've tried handicapping games myself but I suck. I'll go back to the start of the MLB season and track the line movement on different days/games and see how the results are. 

    Which is why I pay for picks. But hey you said there's an app? that will alert you when a line is moving?

    Reply

    Terp, yeah I've tried to look into line movement but I couldn't really understand it so I gave up and I've tried handicapping games myself but I suck. I'll go back to the start of the MLB season and track the line movement on different days/games and see how the results are. 

    Which is why I pay for picks. But hey you said there's an app? that will alert you when a line is moving?

     
    BaseballisLife1
    BaseballisLife1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 50
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 7:20 PM ET #10

    https://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/cardinals-@-mets.cfm/date/04-01-18/time/1310

     

    Terp, so this game obviously people are hammering the Cardinals here. So at what point do you take the Cardinals? Closing line? The middle from where it opens and closes? How do you know when to take it? 

    Reply

    https://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/cardinals-@-mets.cfm/date/04-01-18/time/1310

     

    Terp, so this game obviously people are hammering the Cardinals here. So at what point do you take the Cardinals? Closing line? The middle from where it opens and closes? How do you know when to take it? 

     
     
    TERP_
    TERP_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 1616
    Posted: May. 17, 2018 - 7:33 PM ET #11

    I wouldn’t necessarily say people are hammering the cardinals. Based off line movement alone I don’t see anything in that game that tells me a particular side I should be betting so I would have to look at more information such as the pitching matchup/umpire trends injuries etc and these are the kinds of things I personally am looking at in any game I’m interested in but as far as “hammering” goes the games I would have looked at today involves the 

    Padres 
    Orioles
    Braves 
    White Sox


    Very easy to see with how the lines have moved in these games that the squares are on one side and the professionals are on the other. Do a little research and pick the one you think has the best chance to win. They are all + money today so you have to bet knowing they all have a greater than 40% chance to lose but over the long haul course of the season your break even percentage will be considerable lower. My issue with paying for picks is they have to be hitting probably over 58-60% for you to be making any money. You can do your own work and only have to hit 52% 

    Reply
    I wouldn’t necessarily say people are hammering the cardinals. Based off line movement alone I don’t see anything in that game that tells me a particular side I should be betting so I would have to look at more information such as the pitching matchup/umpire trends injuries etc and these are the kinds of things I personally am looking at in any game I’m interested in but as far as “hammering” goes the games I would have looked at today involves the 

    Padres 
    Orioles
    Braves 
    White Sox


    Very easy to see with how the lines have moved in these games that the squares are on one side and the professionals are on the other. Do a little research and pick the one you think has the best chance to win. They are all + money today so you have to bet knowing they all have a greater than 40% chance to lose but over the long haul course of the season your break even percentage will be considerable lower. My issue with paying for picks is they have to be hitting probably over 58-60% for you to be making any money. You can do your own work and only have to hit 52% 

    All Forums | MLB Betting Forum

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,470
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,132
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 504
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,717
    • Sunday 3,124
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,941
    • HELP PLEASE 1,496
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,603
    • NFL Sunday 7,477
    • PART DEUX 220

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.