Posted:
#1
Considering CP3 was still out... I was pleased with the Clippers effort tonight. The 3rd Q was dagger for LA but they were also a good bit unfortunate... a lot of their shots were on during that stretch but just drew back iron. Their bench has gotten leaps and bounds better due to the injuries throughout the season though and Deandre Jordan has also noticeably improved in all aspects of the game (most especially at the line). I really had hoped they could pick up a solid SF during the trade window but I still like where they stand as playoffs approach.
Call me crazy but (if healthy) I think they can beat the Spurs in a series this year and I think they will give the Warriors a run for their money if it comes down to that too. At this point, chances are they won't seal the 3 spot over the Rockets (so they would run into Warriors before conf. finals if it came to that) but it is possible when CP3 comes back--- if they go on a run. The other thing that should be noted is that one major injury to the GS Warriors (Durant or Curry) during playoffs and suddenly that team becomes more or less an equal to the Clippers, Spurs, or Rockets. I'm not saying it will happen but one injury could create chaos in the Western Conference.
Call me crazy but (if healthy) I think they can beat the Spurs in a series this year and I think they will give the Warriors a run for their money if it comes down to that too. At this point, chances are they won't seal the 3 spot over the Rockets (so they would run into Warriors before conf. finals if it came to that) but it is possible when CP3 comes back--- if they go on a run. The other thing that should be noted is that one major injury to the GS Warriors (Durant or Curry) during playoffs and suddenly that team becomes more or less an equal to the Clippers, Spurs, or Rockets. I'm not saying it will happen but one injury could create chaos in the Western Conference.
