• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    Suns +10.5 POD ytd 18-11-0

    abnormality
    JMak22
    kulprit
    Hoyasaxa
    Loathy2002
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2276
    Posts: 20
     
    abnormality
    abnormality
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 7:36 AM ET #1

    Went 0-2 yesterday with Thunder and Celtics.... very frustrating trying to get back on track again! I'm liking some of the night games as well, and will post the night game pick here later.

    I don't want to seem too cocky on this forecast of these games, but I think the whole card has some easy gems here, and these games shouldn't be too over-thought. Hawks ML could be a nice little bonus play tonight too...but for sure... I would at least recommend staying the heck away from that Hornets @ Heat game.

    I want this POD record to end finishing at least 65% for the season, that is my main goal. If it looks like at any point I'm pulling away and don't have a shot to do for this NBA season, my capping will stop. Maybe it's too daunting a goal for me....but I need reason to keep the pressure up and not slack off.. Having the goal at only 60% will not keep me disciplined enough.

    Ok, enough ranting...


    Pick:
    Suns +10.5


    Early games seemingly tend to not be blow outs as often as they might be planned or expected to be, and this should be no exception. The number one goal the Suns have had set on their mind lately, is to play better on the road. Despite still losing road game after road game, they've been playing in tough places and looking better over time. I think too, certain teams have a certain tolerance level for how long they let losing streaks last, and the Suns aren't THAT bad that getting 6 losses in a row isn't a big deal for them.

    By losing at home against Dallas on Thursday... call me crazy, but I'm thinking they might have been looking a bit ahead to this game, as they won't have another road game after this for a long time. And they've been showing great improvement on their play on the road, and not getting any W's out of it. I think they will pull out all the stops here, and I really...really  see no reason why they won't.

    Ah yes, the Clippers....I'd say they are contenders when it gets to playoff time, but I still think they are more vulnerable right now compared to most other contending teams. I think they'd need to improve their usual defense for this game, if they'd want to win easily by double digits. And I don't think that will suddenly happen, and I think they will be a bit too satisfied with trading baskets with the Suns. That alone gives the Suns a great chance to even steal this game here!

    I like how the Suns have front court players with better than decent jumpshots, and I think they could give the Clippers front-court players trouble. The Suns main disadvantage is that they are soft, but luckily that shouldn't be as big of a concern against the Clippers, compared to some recent opponents the Suns already just had to play on the road recently, and they stayed close in those games. Clippers aren't exactly the tough guys of the league...

    I really see a great chance on the Suns ML too! I'll put some on it for sure. Will post the night game pick here later.




    Good luck to everyone else on their plays
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Went 0-2 yesterday with Thunder and Celtics.... very frustrating trying to get back on track again! I'm liking some of the night games as well, and will post the night game pick here later.

    I don't want to seem too cocky on this forecast of these games, but I think the whole card has some easy gems here, and these games shouldn't be too over-thought. Hawks ML could be a nice little bonus play tonight too...but for sure... I would at least recommend staying the heck away from that Hornets @ Heat game.

    I want this POD record to end finishing at least 65% for the season, that is my main goal. If it looks like at any point I'm pulling away and don't have a shot to do for this NBA season, my capping will stop. Maybe it's too daunting a goal for me....but I need reason to keep the pressure up and not slack off.. Having the goal at only 60% will not keep me disciplined enough.

    Ok, enough ranting...


    Pick:
    Suns +10.5


    Early games seemingly tend to not be blow outs as often as they might be planned or expected to be, and this should be no exception. The number one goal the Suns have had set on their mind lately, is to play better on the road. Despite still losing road game after road game, they've been playing in tough places and looking better over time. I think too, certain teams have a certain tolerance level for how long they let losing streaks last, and the Suns aren't THAT bad that getting 6 losses in a row isn't a big deal for them.

    By losing at home against Dallas on Thursday... call me crazy, but I'm thinking they might have been looking a bit ahead to this game, as they won't have another road game after this for a long time. And they've been showing great improvement on their play on the road, and not getting any W's out of it. I think they will pull out all the stops here, and I really...really  see no reason why they won't.

    Ah yes, the Clippers....I'd say they are contenders when it gets to playoff time, but I still think they are more vulnerable right now compared to most other contending teams. I think they'd need to improve their usual defense for this game, if they'd want to win easily by double digits. And I don't think that will suddenly happen, and I think they will be a bit too satisfied with trading baskets with the Suns. That alone gives the Suns a great chance to even steal this game here!

    I like how the Suns have front court players with better than decent jumpshots, and I think they could give the Clippers front-court players trouble. The Suns main disadvantage is that they are soft, but luckily that shouldn't be as big of a concern against the Clippers, compared to some recent opponents the Suns already just had to play on the road recently, and they stayed close in those games. Clippers aren't exactly the tough guys of the league...

    I really see a great chance on the Suns ML too! I'll put some on it for sure. Will post the night game pick here later.




    Good luck to everyone else on their plays
     
    JMak22
    JMak22
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 3015
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 7:42 AM ET #2

    BOL abnormality
    Reply
    BOL abnormality
     
    kulprit
    kulprit
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1870
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 8:04 AM ET #3

    Great write-up! I agree with a l
    BOL!
    Reply
    Great write-up! I agree with a l
    BOL!
     
    Hoyasaxa
    Hoyasaxa
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 5248
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 9:17 AM ET #4

    what makes you think Jordan and Griffin as "soft"? Is Chris Paul "soft"?

    Phoenix looking ahead to a Dec game?

     They did flat lay down Thursday and all I can say is if the Clips decide to show up, you are looking at a train wreck...that's the key...you do realize the team your choice here is laid down to the Mavs on a B2B who lost the night before to the Clips by 24...

    Reply

    what makes you think Jordan and Griffin as "soft"? Is Chris Paul "soft"?

    Phoenix looking ahead to a Dec game?

     They did flat lay down Thursday and all I can say is if the Clips decide to show up, you are looking at a train wreck...that's the key...you do realize the team your choice here is laid down to the Mavs on a B2B who lost the night before to the Clips by 24...

     
    abnormality
    abnormality
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 11:17 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

    what makes you think Jordan and Griffin as "soft"? Is Chris Paul "soft"?

    Phoenix looking ahead to a Dec game?

     They did flat lay down Thursday and all I can say is if the Clips decide to show up, you are looking at a train wreck...that's the key...you do realize the team your choice here is laid down to the Mavs on a B2B who lost the night before to the Clips by 24...



    I supposes "soft" is a strong word for some. I'll use "toughness" here instead. Dallas won a title, while still not being the toughest team in the league for sure...heck, physical toughness is still just one element of many of being a good team, as shooting, athleticism (which Griffin still relies on too much, he's young still give him time) and fundamentals still being just as important if not more at times.

    I suppose maybe I struck a nerve. Trust me the Clippers are great, and I definitely wouldn't categorize a guy who arguably could be the best player in the league (in my opinion, I think it's LeBron 1st, CP3 2nd), such as CP3, and call him "soft". But I wouldn't say he's the toughest player in the league either.

    And to your point about the Mavs, don't you think they weren't playing at least just a bit pissed off after being beat by 24? Most of the time, I'd rather back teams coming off the receiving end of a blowout, rather than a team that just got done dishing one out.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

    what makes you think Jordan and Griffin as "soft"? Is Chris Paul "soft"?

    Phoenix looking ahead to a Dec game?

     They did flat lay down Thursday and all I can say is if the Clips decide to show up, you are looking at a train wreck...that's the key...you do realize the team your choice here is laid down to the Mavs on a B2B who lost the night before to the Clips by 24...



    I supposes "soft" is a strong word for some. I'll use "toughness" here instead. Dallas won a title, while still not being the toughest team in the league for sure...heck, physical toughness is still just one element of many of being a good team, as shooting, athleticism (which Griffin still relies on too much, he's young still give him time) and fundamentals still being just as important if not more at times.

    I suppose maybe I struck a nerve. Trust me the Clippers are great, and I definitely wouldn't categorize a guy who arguably could be the best player in the league (in my opinion, I think it's LeBron 1st, CP3 2nd), such as CP3, and call him "soft". But I wouldn't say he's the toughest player in the league either.

    And to your point about the Mavs, don't you think they weren't playing at least just a bit pissed off after being beat by 24? Most of the time, I'd rather back teams coming off the receiving end of a blowout, rather than a team that just got done dishing one out.
     
    abnormality
    abnormality
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 11:19 AM ET #6

    "supposes" I sound like a 4 year old their or something. I wish for an edit function
    Reply
    "supposes" I sound like a 4 year old their or something. I wish for an edit function
     
    Loathy2002
    Loathy2002
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 754
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 11:20 AM ET #7

    @hoyasaxa is right, because if the clips show up, there is no chance for the suns. They've been on a bit of a run, destroying teams that are feeble. Including the Mavs who just beat the suns. Hate DD, however I would have to side with the Clips here. 
    Reply
    @hoyasaxa is right, because if the clips show up, there is no chance for the suns. They've been on a bit of a run, destroying teams that are feeble. Including the Mavs who just beat the suns. Hate DD, however I would have to side with the Clips here. 
     
    andrew730
    andrew730
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1683
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 11:30 AM ET #8

    i think clips spank them, gortat has been doing garbage lately. if they cant get inside scoring they will not even keep it close vs the clips
    Reply
    i think clips spank them, gortat has been doing garbage lately. if they cant get inside scoring they will not even keep it close vs the clips
     
    abnormality
    abnormality
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 11:40 AM ET #9

    No doubt I could be wrong, its handicapping, but still also gambling. But the Suns knowing they just have a huge string of home games after this, they won't look past this chance for a road victory (remember, doesn't mean they'll actually win, but they will over exert themselves for 48 minutes). I don't see why they'd be completely drained here either. I like the motivation "spot" better for the Suns here. Definitely don't like the "team" better though, who does?

     One weird thing about these big spread games too....I think as long as the Suns as long don't go to overtime, like they did against Memphis.....in my view, I think they can cover. Reason why that teams that play against teams way above their level, still can lose out on big spreads in OT, is because they over exert themselves and let it all on the floor till the buzzer of regulation....but then since they have nothing left after.. they can get crushed in short time in OT.
    Reply
    No doubt I could be wrong, its handicapping, but still also gambling. But the Suns knowing they just have a huge string of home games after this, they won't look past this chance for a road victory (remember, doesn't mean they'll actually win, but they will over exert themselves for 48 minutes). I don't see why they'd be completely drained here either. I like the motivation "spot" better for the Suns here. Definitely don't like the "team" better though, who does?

     One weird thing about these big spread games too....I think as long as the Suns as long don't go to overtime, like they did against Memphis.....in my view, I think they can cover. Reason why that teams that play against teams way above their level, still can lose out on big spreads in OT, is because they over exert themselves and let it all on the floor till the buzzer of regulation....but then since they have nothing left after.. they can get crushed in short time in OT.
     
    abnormality
    abnormality
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 1:02 PM ET #10

    Said I will post a night game as well, here it is

    Pick:
    Rockets -5.5

    A shorter, but to the point write up on this one.

    Normally I'd be cautious to back a young and inconsistent team without much leadership, such as the Rockets, but when teams like this get a kick to their rear and get schooled from actual "mature" and "experienced" opposing teams their previous game, you know that's when they'll actually show up, at their following game.

    The Rockets are playing on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, but they only had to travel back home from San Antonio. Mavericks on the other hand, have had 3 games in 4 nights and some decent traveling that time. Mavs also coming off a nationally broadcasted road win... but lets face it, they have not been playing too well for little while. They have not been a reliable enough team that any wise person should think they will turn things around and start up a winning streak, anytime soon. The hold back of Dirk's return has not been good for their confidence.

    In the end, I'll gladly put some money on the line to dare the Mavericks to show up on two consecutive road games in a row. Not to mention that they may have a banged up Marion and Kaman for this game, if they do end up suiting up tonight.


    Other sides I like tonight are:
     

    Warriors -4.5 ( maybe a bit tired, but are too hot to not take against the Wizards )

    Spurs -8.5 ( don't overthink this, they did a great job with minutes on last nights game, trust the Spurs),

    Hawks +7 ( they play up to the elite teams level and can win this one and I'll put some on ML )

    Blazers -6 ( maybe a risk on the Blazers after finishing a long road trip, but the Kings really are in a big reality check spot here. If the Kings show up well for 3 games in a row, the world WILL explode! )

    Though in the end, I decided to go with the Rockets as my main play for tonight.



    Thanks for the feedback so far and BOL to everyone

    Reply
    Said I will post a night game as well, here it is

    Pick:
    Rockets -5.5

    A shorter, but to the point write up on this one.

    Normally I'd be cautious to back a young and inconsistent team without much leadership, such as the Rockets, but when teams like this get a kick to their rear and get schooled from actual "mature" and "experienced" opposing teams their previous game, you know that's when they'll actually show up, at their following game.

    The Rockets are playing on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, but they only had to travel back home from San Antonio. Mavericks on the other hand, have had 3 games in 4 nights and some decent traveling that time. Mavs also coming off a nationally broadcasted road win... but lets face it, they have not been playing too well for little while. They have not been a reliable enough team that any wise person should think they will turn things around and start up a winning streak, anytime soon. The hold back of Dirk's return has not been good for their confidence.

    In the end, I'll gladly put some money on the line to dare the Mavericks to show up on two consecutive road games in a row. Not to mention that they may have a banged up Marion and Kaman for this game, if they do end up suiting up tonight.


    Other sides I like tonight are:
     

    Warriors -4.5 ( maybe a bit tired, but are too hot to not take against the Wizards )

    Spurs -8.5 ( don't overthink this, they did a great job with minutes on last nights game, trust the Spurs),

    Hawks +7 ( they play up to the elite teams level and can win this one and I'll put some on ML )

    Blazers -6 ( maybe a risk on the Blazers after finishing a long road trip, but the Kings really are in a big reality check spot here. If the Kings show up well for 3 games in a row, the world WILL explode! )

    Though in the end, I decided to go with the Rockets as my main play for tonight.



    Thanks for the feedback so far and BOL to everyone

     
    Baby_BA
    Baby_BA
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 19550
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 1:07 PM ET #11

    BOL 
    Reply
    BOL 
     
    Hoyasaxa
    Hoyasaxa
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 5248
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 1:08 PM ET #12

    your point on Griffin's game-he's been starting to take jump shots and making them-he's been making them in practice and his team is encouraging him like crazy to take them-look...this dude is on a path to Karl Malone territory-he's not soft or whatever you want to call it, and when he starts making jumpers, it'll open up the lane again for him and others...and you should seriouly take your $ and run for cover at the point...

    Suns don't impress me as the type fo D that will concern him out back or down low- who's afraid of a bunch of Euros? Clips have already lost at home taking some scrubs lightly...the way I see it, it's a lot easier for a blowout than a cover-you will have to work for it...that spells Clips or pass to me...

    Reply

    your point on Griffin's game-he's been starting to take jump shots and making them-he's been making them in practice and his team is encouraging him like crazy to take them-look...this dude is on a path to Karl Malone territory-he's not soft or whatever you want to call it, and when he starts making jumpers, it'll open up the lane again for him and others...and you should seriouly take your $ and run for cover at the point...

    Suns don't impress me as the type fo D that will concern him out back or down low- who's afraid of a bunch of Euros? Clips have already lost at home taking some scrubs lightly...the way I see it, it's a lot easier for a blowout than a cover-you will have to work for it...that spells Clips or pass to me...

     
    vasilli07
    vasilli07
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 3558
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 1:09 PM ET #13

    Rockets
    Reply
    Rockets
     
    Benson13
    Benson13
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 72
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 1:11 PM ET #14

    I'm with u Abnorm. sounds like you did your research.
    BOL to everyone who has the suns today.
    Reply
    I'm with u Abnorm. sounds like you did your research.
    BOL to everyone who has the suns today.
     
    abnormality
    abnormality
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 1:31 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

    your point on Griffin's game-he's been starting to take jump shots and making them-he's been making them in practice and his team is encouraging him like crazy to take them-look...this dude is on a path to Karl Malone territory-he's not soft or whatever you want to call it, and when he starts making jumpers, it'll open up the lane again for him and others...and you should seriouly take your $ and run for cover at the point...

    Like I said he's still young, and he's only getting better. Just don't trust his toughness on the defensive end, or his mental toughness completely just yet. Lots of potential superstar players need enough years and playoff experience to fine tune those 2 traits. Took LeBron some time too.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyasaxa:

    your point on Griffin's game-he's been starting to take jump shots and making them-he's been making them in practice and his team is encouraging him like crazy to take them-look...this dude is on a path to Karl Malone territory-he's not soft or whatever you want to call it, and when he starts making jumpers, it'll open up the lane again for him and others...and you should seriouly take your $ and run for cover at the point...

    Like I said he's still young, and he's only getting better. Just don't trust his toughness on the defensive end, or his mental toughness completely just yet. Lots of potential superstar players need enough years and playoff experience to fine tune those 2 traits. Took LeBron some time too.

     
    abnormality
    abnormality
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 2:33 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Benson13:

    I'm with u Abnorm. sounds like you did your research.
    BOL to everyone who has the suns today.


    Thanks for that. Can just call me Ab for short if you want.

    Now don't get me wrong, a write up on why a pick is made can look smart and all, and still end up losing. Whether I had the right ideas in mind really don't matter if it the picks lose out. Even whether or not luck ended up a factor, as more often than not luck will favor good capping over time. That's why I set this goal of 65% percent or better, otherwise to me, my writeups and picks will just be too high % of space consuming..... time wasting.... gibberish.

    I try to force myself to write these out each time, maybe for my own good and that I know it CAN possibly contribute better to the forum, rather than just posting picks. Seems a lot of posters that would do writeups end up disappearing frequently, so I'm hoping I can stick this out. One drawback is it can make people look a bit more foolish when they are on the losing side. But that shouldn't let anyone from trying to write something about why they chose their picks, or from disappearing suddenly. Haters are always around anyways!

    Writing reasoning can also give people a better idea too if they want to tail if they so chose, as even good cappers can be mentally off at times. I know for sure I do better and can think more clearly on days that I don't work, for example. Or get too cocky...say by not passing on enough games they aren't fully sure enough on or etc.. Say if someone sometimes write reasons that seem a bit off maybe or bit too narrow minded (even if on most nights they are usually a good capper) then people can decide maybe not to tail whoever this time around, for example. When I would tail people's picks before trying this on my own, I would rather go with one that had at least one listed reason or more, so if I did lose on it, at least I knew what they were thinking.... and shared their same philosophy on it, rather than left wondering "what was that person even thinking for this?".

    In the end, we need winners though. And these early games can be a bit tricky. Hope the Suns compete in this game as planned for us
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson13:

    I'm with u Abnorm. sounds like you did your research.
    BOL to everyone who has the suns today.


    Thanks for that. Can just call me Ab for short if you want.

    Now don't get me wrong, a write up on why a pick is made can look smart and all, and still end up losing. Whether I had the right ideas in mind really don't matter if it the picks lose out. Even whether or not luck ended up a factor, as more often than not luck will favor good capping over time. That's why I set this goal of 65% percent or better, otherwise to me, my writeups and picks will just be too high % of space consuming..... time wasting.... gibberish.

    I try to force myself to write these out each time, maybe for my own good and that I know it CAN possibly contribute better to the forum, rather than just posting picks. Seems a lot of posters that would do writeups end up disappearing frequently, so I'm hoping I can stick this out. One drawback is it can make people look a bit more foolish when they are on the losing side. But that shouldn't let anyone from trying to write something about why they chose their picks, or from disappearing suddenly. Haters are always around anyways!

    Writing reasoning can also give people a better idea too if they want to tail if they so chose, as even good cappers can be mentally off at times. I know for sure I do better and can think more clearly on days that I don't work, for example. Or get too cocky...say by not passing on enough games they aren't fully sure enough on or etc.. Say if someone sometimes write reasons that seem a bit off maybe or bit too narrow minded (even if on most nights they are usually a good capper) then people can decide maybe not to tail whoever this time around, for example. When I would tail people's picks before trying this on my own, I would rather go with one that had at least one listed reason or more, so if I did lose on it, at least I knew what they were thinking.... and shared their same philosophy on it, rather than left wondering "what was that person even thinking for this?".

    In the end, we need winners though. And these early games can be a bit tricky. Hope the Suns compete in this game as planned for us
     
    Hoyasaxa
    Hoyasaxa
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 5248
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 3:20 PM ET #17

    GL to you-it won't be as planned for me...

    Clips-10...

    Reply

    GL to you-it won't be as planned for me...

    Clips-10...

     
    manutdfctts9899
    manutdfctts9899
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 11318
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 4:33 PM ET #18

    BOL to you  
    Reply
    BOL to you  
     
    abnormality
    abnormality
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 602
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 6:06 PM ET #19



    Well, that didn't go so well in the 4th...


    Well maybe I should avoid big plays on day games, think I've yet to guess right on the few I've done so far. I'll tip my hat to you Hoya, and the Clippers, for them getting the job done and playing hard in this kind of game, as they should to contend. Really ended up a turnover disaster for the Suns and the Clippers capitalized, and they pissed off Blake Griffin and he balled with no fear.

    Hopefully things go better tonight
    Reply


    Well, that didn't go so well in the 4th...


    Well maybe I should avoid big plays on day games, think I've yet to guess right on the few I've done so far. I'll tip my hat to you Hoya, and the Clippers, for them getting the job done and playing hard in this kind of game, as they should to contend. Really ended up a turnover disaster for the Suns and the Clippers capitalized, and they pissed off Blake Griffin and he balled with no fear.

    Hopefully things go better tonight
     
     
    corycohen
    corycohen
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 296
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2012 - 6:15 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by abnormality:



    Well, that didn't go so well in the 4th...


    Well maybe I should avoid big plays on day games, think I've yet to guess right on the few I've done so far. I'll tip my hat to you Hoya, and the Clippers, for them getting the job done and playing hard in this kind of game, as they should to contend. Really ended up a turnover disaster for the Suns and the Clippers capitalized, and they pissed off Blake Griffin and he balled with no fear.

    Hopefully things go better tonight


    Was with you on the Suns, the difference was actually the Clipper bench, Bledsoe and Crawford were just absolutely ridiculous....Crawford is averaging 50% shooting and 45% 3 pt shooting at home, and was leading the NBA in 4th quarter points (7.8 I believe) until he had 13 today in the 4th......I truly believe that 1-11 the Clippers are the deepest team in the NBA, and if Odom gets back into 75% of his form and Billups gets healthy, with a leap made from D Jordan and Blake playing angry, this Clipper team cannot be slept on....yes they will go through lulls and the defense sometimes leave a lot to be desired, but they have so many off the ball scorers and two monsters on the glass that can create 2nd chance opportunities....also for a 12:30 game in LA the crowd was pretty decent....the Clippers team can go as far as Paul, Blake and Crawford take them
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by abnormality:



    Well, that didn't go so well in the 4th...


    Well maybe I should avoid big plays on day games, think I've yet to guess right on the few I've done so far. I'll tip my hat to you Hoya, and the Clippers, for them getting the job done and playing hard in this kind of game, as they should to contend. Really ended up a turnover disaster for the Suns and the Clippers capitalized, and they pissed off Blake Griffin and he balled with no fear.

    Hopefully things go better tonight


    Was with you on the Suns, the difference was actually the Clipper bench, Bledsoe and Crawford were just absolutely ridiculous....Crawford is averaging 50% shooting and 45% 3 pt shooting at home, and was leading the NBA in 4th quarter points (7.8 I believe) until he had 13 today in the 4th......I truly believe that 1-11 the Clippers are the deepest team in the NBA, and if Odom gets back into 75% of his form and Billups gets healthy, with a leap made from D Jordan and Blake playing angry, this Clipper team cannot be slept on....yes they will go through lulls and the defense sometimes leave a lot to be desired, but they have so many off the ball scorers and two monsters on the glass that can create 2nd chance opportunities....also for a 12:30 game in LA the crowd was pretty decent....the Clippers team can go as far as Paul, Blake and Crawford take them
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,615
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,212
    • PART DEUX 248
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,178
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,809
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 618
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,645
    • the whole problem is knowingly spreading false info to vulnerable people 21,193

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.