Is it that hard to find announcers who know the rules
The other day, there was a play where the offense QB was tackled in the end zone for an apparant safety.
They were reviewing it, so for 10 minutes, and about 100 replays - the announcer kept saying "HIS FOOT IS AT THE HALF YARD LINE SO THIS WILL NOT BE A SAFETY" and then kept saying (I cant explain this one) "this is an impetus rule".
Of course, the official comes back and says it is a safety because the ball never crossed the plane of the goal line, and the announcer never apologizes or even acknowledges.
I am convinced that announcers are hired based on NOTHING of their football knowledge. Just entertainment.
The other day, there was a play where the offense QB was tackled in the end zone for an apparant safety.
They were reviewing it, so for 10 minutes, and about 100 replays - the announcer kept saying "HIS FOOT IS AT THE HALF YARD LINE SO THIS WILL NOT BE A SAFETY" and then kept saying (I cant explain this one) "this is an impetus rule".
Of course, the official comes back and says it is a safety because the ball never crossed the plane of the goal line, and the announcer never apologizes or even acknowledges.
I am convinced that announcers are hired based on NOTHING of their football knowledge. Just entertainment.
I can imagine. But what really amazed me today is that a Spanish broadcaster just said that Norv Turner is the coach of the Pittsburgh Pittsburgh. I mean, he should at least know that Norv Turner is currently an NFL. Oh, and he didn't apologize either when they corrected it.
I can imagine. But what really amazed me today is that a Spanish broadcaster just said that Norv Turner is the coach of the Pittsburgh Pittsburgh. I mean, he should at least know that Norv Turner is currently an NFL. Oh, and he didn't apologize either when they corrected it.
Hot Forum Topics
- Claiming Prizes 57,672
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,311
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,051
- NFL LOCKED IN! 103,766
- MLB Playoffs 5,368
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,445
- **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,357
- ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,259
- Breathtaking ....truly 36,298
- Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,015
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
