• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    Week 17 picks for all games:

    CountyTigers
    cropduster
    tony2toes
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 922
    Posts: 8
     
    CountyTigers
    CountyTigers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2011 - 5:57 PM ET #1

    It is too annoying to cut and paste all the games: https://imlevinit.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/week-010112/

    Let me hear some feed back.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    It is too annoying to cut and paste all the games: https://imlevinit.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/week-010112/

    Let me hear some feed back.
     
    cropduster
    cropduster
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 4753
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2011 - 6:02 PM ET #2

    It's too annoying to click on the link
    Reply
    It's too annoying to click on the link
     
    tony2toes
    tony2toes
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 3057
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2011 - 9:39 PM ET #3

    Here is what he said:

    Week: 01/01/12

    December 29, 2011

    Overall:
    NCAAB: 5-3-0
    NBA: 5-3-0
    Levin Locks: 49-24-1 (0-2 on Bowl Locks-counted in this record)
    Bowl Season: 12-4-0
    NCAAF regular season: 123-89-2
    NFL: 116-97-4
    Total: 261-196-6

    This will be the toughest week. Many teams have nothing to play for while some teams have everything to play for. Division games are always tough to pick, too. Here’s the situation: https://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/50960/nfl-playoff-scenarios-3

    Lions @ Packers

    Very first game has the implications that I talked about above. The Superbowl goes through Lambeau on the NFC side, while the Lions will play (at) the winner of the Cowboys/Giants game if they win. The Lions beat the Cowboys once this year. If they lose, they could end up playing  at the Superdome (where they loss already) or at Candlestick (Lions already loss to the 49ers at home-Handshake Gate part II?). That should be incentive enough, but this Lions teams lacks discipline most weeks and lacks confidence a lot of the time. The Lions need this win. Green Bay has a terrible pass defense and passing is the Lions game. We know the Lions have not been a good first half team. I think we see a 17-13 packers lead at halftime dissolve into a Lions 30-24 victory.

    Pick: First Half Packers (I’ll update it when I find the line)
    Pick: Lions -3
    Pick: Over 45.5

    49ers @ Rams

    The 49ers will be very prepared to go into this game. A first round bye is on the line. Again, if that does not make San Fran prepared enough, then all Harbaugh has to do is remind his team that the team that could get the first round bye if they lose lost this exact same game earlier in the year. On top of that it is a division game, so the 49ers will want to embarrass the other team. 49ers win 30-6 with a defense of TD (or possibly off of 10 FGs). Could a team really fold their hand completely if they are down by a lot going into the 4th quarter, with the opportunity to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes in mind?

    Pick: 49ers -10.5 (Levin Lock)
    Pick: Under 35.5

    Panthers @ Saints

    The Panthers have the most swag in the league or as the use to call it in this scenario: pride. Last week was an emotional win for the Saints, clinching up the division and breaking the Dan Marino passing record using everybody involved with full service (https://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/12/video-drew-brees-perfect-postgame-speech-after-breaking-dan-marinos-single-season-passing-yardage-record/), but instead of coming out flat I think the Saints come out strong in the first half, knowing that there is potential for a first round bye. When they go in at halftime, things might change come the end of the 3rd quarter when they find out how much the 49ers are winning by in their game. The priority will be to make sure that no one gets hurt. I think the Saints are up 20-13 at halftime. Panthers have been the king of backdoor covers all year. Then, (eventually) enter Chase Daniels. Seems fitting that the Saints win a last second field goal 33-30 a boost of fake confidence heading into the playoff game next week (I think they have potential to lose the Falcons, but we will talk about that next week if it happens). I really like the spread plays here more (almost want to take first half over).

    Pick: First half Saints (I’ll update it when I find the line)
    Pick: Panthers +9
    Pick: Over 55

    Colts @ Jaguars

    Is it possible that these teams might kneel the ball the entire game and throw the ball to the other team in the 4th quarter for 5 pick 6s? Both of these teams have the potential to have the #1 pick in April’s draft, so this might be possible. (Note: if you ever actually played a sport, you know this is not actually something that will happen. You can’t throw a game). And in this case you literally can’t throw the game because these QBs are terrible (I was wrong about Gabbert-I liked him from watching him play in 1 preseason game). I think the Jaguars take this one 23-10. I like the Jaguars play more than the over/under, but you have to take the under. I am going to make you go back to week 1 and read my analysis of the Colts/Texans game. I think I perfectly summed up how the Colts season would go (biased opinion-it’s worth the read)

    Pick: Jaguars -3.5
    Pick: Under 37


    Reply
    Here is what he said:

    Week: 01/01/12

    December 29, 2011

    Overall:
    NCAAB: 5-3-0
    NBA: 5-3-0
    Levin Locks: 49-24-1 (0-2 on Bowl Locks-counted in this record)
    Bowl Season: 12-4-0
    NCAAF regular season: 123-89-2
    NFL: 116-97-4
    Total: 261-196-6

    This will be the toughest week. Many teams have nothing to play for while some teams have everything to play for. Division games are always tough to pick, too. Here’s the situation: https://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/50960/nfl-playoff-scenarios-3

    Lions @ Packers

    Very first game has the implications that I talked about above. The Superbowl goes through Lambeau on the NFC side, while the Lions will play (at) the winner of the Cowboys/Giants game if they win. The Lions beat the Cowboys once this year. If they lose, they could end up playing  at the Superdome (where they loss already) or at Candlestick (Lions already loss to the 49ers at home-Handshake Gate part II?). That should be incentive enough, but this Lions teams lacks discipline most weeks and lacks confidence a lot of the time. The Lions need this win. Green Bay has a terrible pass defense and passing is the Lions game. We know the Lions have not been a good first half team. I think we see a 17-13 packers lead at halftime dissolve into a Lions 30-24 victory.

    Pick: First Half Packers (I’ll update it when I find the line)
    Pick: Lions -3
    Pick: Over 45.5

    49ers @ Rams

    The 49ers will be very prepared to go into this game. A first round bye is on the line. Again, if that does not make San Fran prepared enough, then all Harbaugh has to do is remind his team that the team that could get the first round bye if they lose lost this exact same game earlier in the year. On top of that it is a division game, so the 49ers will want to embarrass the other team. 49ers win 30-6 with a defense of TD (or possibly off of 10 FGs). Could a team really fold their hand completely if they are down by a lot going into the 4th quarter, with the opportunity to win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes in mind?

    Pick: 49ers -10.5 (Levin Lock)
    Pick: Under 35.5

    Panthers @ Saints

    The Panthers have the most swag in the league or as the use to call it in this scenario: pride. Last week was an emotional win for the Saints, clinching up the division and breaking the Dan Marino passing record using everybody involved with full service (https://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/12/video-drew-brees-perfect-postgame-speech-after-breaking-dan-marinos-single-season-passing-yardage-record/), but instead of coming out flat I think the Saints come out strong in the first half, knowing that there is potential for a first round bye. When they go in at halftime, things might change come the end of the 3rd quarter when they find out how much the 49ers are winning by in their game. The priority will be to make sure that no one gets hurt. I think the Saints are up 20-13 at halftime. Panthers have been the king of backdoor covers all year. Then, (eventually) enter Chase Daniels. Seems fitting that the Saints win a last second field goal 33-30 a boost of fake confidence heading into the playoff game next week (I think they have potential to lose the Falcons, but we will talk about that next week if it happens). I really like the spread plays here more (almost want to take first half over).

    Pick: First half Saints (I’ll update it when I find the line)
    Pick: Panthers +9
    Pick: Over 55

    Colts @ Jaguars

    Is it possible that these teams might kneel the ball the entire game and throw the ball to the other team in the 4th quarter for 5 pick 6s? Both of these teams have the potential to have the #1 pick in April’s draft, so this might be possible. (Note: if you ever actually played a sport, you know this is not actually something that will happen. You can’t throw a game). And in this case you literally can’t throw the game because these QBs are terrible (I was wrong about Gabbert-I liked him from watching him play in 1 preseason game). I think the Jaguars take this one 23-10. I like the Jaguars play more than the over/under, but you have to take the under. I am going to make you go back to week 1 and read my analysis of the Colts/Texans game. I think I perfectly summed up how the Colts season would go (biased opinion-it’s worth the read)

    Pick: Jaguars -3.5
    Pick: Under 37


     
    tony2toes
    tony2toes
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 3057
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2011 - 9:40 PM ET #4

    Bears @ Vikings

    Speaking of abysmal offenses. We have a 3rd string QB and a 3rd string RB vs. a 3rd string QB and 2nd string RB. My first hunch is the Vikings (my ‘Note to Self’ always says stop second guessing myself). Vikings win 17-13.

    Pick: Vikings pick’em
    Pick: Under 41

    Jets @ Dolphins

    My analysis of the first game basically talked about this future matchup: “I feel like when the Dolphins play at the Jets, it is low scoring, but when they play in Miami it is high scoring (again, not a fact, just what I perceive).” I never like picking Jets game because they are Jekyll and Hyde like, while I don’t like picking Miami games because I’m a Dolphin fan and think they are terrible.

    Pick: Over 41

    Redskins @ Eagles

    I have been terrible at picking over/under (basically took all overs) in NFC East games this year. The Redskins gave up 33 points at home to the Vikings last week. The Eagles were terrible earlier in the year, but they were NEVER the Vikings bad. I was going to only take the over, but I think the Eagles take this 34-20.

    Pick: Eagles -8.5
    Pick: Over 46

    Bills @ Patriots

    Patriots have the opportunity to get home-field throughout the AFC playoffs with a win. Not only did will they get 1st place in the AFC this week, but New England also received the honor of being the drunkest states: https://www.masslive.com/mywideworld/index.ssf/2011/12/springfieldholyoke_area_ranked_among_the_drunkest_cities_in_america.html which is great news to Patriots QB who told fans earlier in the year to come drunk: https://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-09-14/sports/30182002_1_tom-brady-drinking-fans. I digress. Belichick and Brady don’t seem to forget things too easily. After losing to the Bills earlier in the year, the Pats will repay the favor x6. 41-23.

    Pick: Patriots -11 (Levin Lock)
    Pick: Over 51

    Titans @ Texans

    The most valuable weapon returns this week for the Texans. No, not Andre (although he should play this week). Nope, not Schaub (he’s on the IR). Wade Phillips will be back. I will continue my stand that the Titans need to start Locker. This could be Hasslebacks last game  ever and the Texans are not playing for anything (as far as playoff seeding goes), but they will be playing for the confidence that they have lost the last few weeks. I really love the the Texans to win 23-20.

    Pick: Texans +3

    Buccaneers @ Falcons

    I would like this play a lot more if it was a one o’clock kickoff because if the Lions win during the early games, then the Falcons have nothing to play for, EXCEPT getting redemption for their loss to the Bucs at the beginning of the year and taking out their anger of last night’s defeat on THE WORST defense in the league. If the Lions lose, then the Falcons might win by 40 (okay, maybe not that much, but it would be a lot). Hopefully, Mike Smith either lies to them and tells them the Lions loss or doesn’t let his team know the score of the game.

    Pick: Falcons -11.5

    Chiefs @ Denver

    Speaking of redemption games. Orton goes back to the stadium where he started his season to try and prevent his former team from making the playoffs. While the Denver Tebow’s are in a win and they’re in situation. Tebow controls his own destiny (insert religious joke here). Since Tebow took over, Denver actually has been a better road team. Is it because they are a mile closer to heaven and he can’t take the pressure of higher powers (pun intended) watching. Take in that joke for a moment, it could be the last Tebow joke for the year (if they lose), which has been going on for since almost the inception of this blog. Just like I can’t pick against the Patriots (I actually hate the Patriots, but they are just so good), I can not pick against Tim Tebow. I will take the under, but I think Kansas City (I should really PLAY MY GUT!!!!-I’ll grab the Chiefs because we know the Broncos don’t win by more than 3 when they do win) wins 17-16.

    Pick: Under 37
    Pick: Chiefs +3.5

    Chargers @ Raiders

    The Raiders are playing for a playoff spot (there are so many different scenarios involving Oakland) and the Chargers are playing for…um…Norv Turner’s job (I guess?). The Chargers’ players (for the most part) on offense will have all of their players back. So, they area basically only playing for their bosses’ job (imagine if we had control if our boss came back or not). The Raiders’ paid soooo much for Palmer and they are not guaranteed a playoff spot with a victory, but that is (obviously) where it all starts for them to have a chance. The sheer fact that Norv Turner and Philip Rivers are so good in December/January makes me take the over. Raiders take this one 30-23.

    Pick: Raiders -2.5
    Pick: Over 48.5

    Steelers @ Browns

    Oh lookie what we have here. James Harrison gets to play the Browns for the 2nd time in less than 4 weeks (Thaddeus Lewis from Duke, get warmed up!).  Without Roethlisberger and McCoy, this game could be similar to the score the last time that they met when Pittsburgh won 14-3. Cleveland has kept it close the last two weeks. Just like last week, I LOVE the under, but out of fear of a pick 6, I will not make it a lock.

    Pick: Steelers -7
    Pick: Under 36.5

    Ravens @ Bengals

    All 4 of the Ravens losses have been on the road, so it is only fitting that they need this win for a first round bye. The Ravens have beaten Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and Cleveland on the road, but loss to the Tennessee, Jacksonville, Seattle, and San Diego (the only team of the 4 who is really fighting for anything is Jacksonville-first pick. Tennessee needs a lot of help and San Diego is fighting for their coach). I actually think the Bengals pull this one off. I want to only take the under, but I said I would stick with my hunches. In a defensive minded game the Bengals somehow score 22 and the Ravens somehow score 16. Still have to stick with the under with these two defenses (part of me says don’t, but can’t argue with the numbers).

    Pick: Bengals +2.5
    Pick: Under 38

    Cowboys @ Giants

    Two weeks ago, I summed up the NYG play: “The giants average margin of victory is 6 points. This is what I have been saying for weeks. I will coin his play as “Eli Excitement” because he isn’t good until the game is getting out of hand, then he will come back or he plays crappy against crap teams and does well against good teams (which Giants fans can call it excruciating ”Eli Excitement” because it definitely has to pain New York fans to watch.” The Cowboys are  a good team. So, the G-men will take this game. Romo is hurt and the Cowboys began their year with a loss on Sunday Night football in Metlife and that is how their season will end. Let’s go 31-23.

    Pick: Giants -2.5

    And so no one feels left out (All for equal opportunity to pick games): I would lean toward the Cardinals -1.5 and under 41

    Levin Locks: 2

    Other Picks: 26

    Total Games: 28

    Thanks to everyone who’s given me feedback all year. I really enjoyed writing this up each week.

    Reply

    Bears @ Vikings

    Speaking of abysmal offenses. We have a 3rd string QB and a 3rd string RB vs. a 3rd string QB and 2nd string RB. My first hunch is the Vikings (my ‘Note to Self’ always says stop second guessing myself). Vikings win 17-13.

    Pick: Vikings pick’em
    Pick: Under 41

    Jets @ Dolphins

    My analysis of the first game basically talked about this future matchup: “I feel like when the Dolphins play at the Jets, it is low scoring, but when they play in Miami it is high scoring (again, not a fact, just what I perceive).” I never like picking Jets game because they are Jekyll and Hyde like, while I don’t like picking Miami games because I’m a Dolphin fan and think they are terrible.

    Pick: Over 41

    Redskins @ Eagles

    I have been terrible at picking over/under (basically took all overs) in NFC East games this year. The Redskins gave up 33 points at home to the Vikings last week. The Eagles were terrible earlier in the year, but they were NEVER the Vikings bad. I was going to only take the over, but I think the Eagles take this 34-20.

    Pick: Eagles -8.5
    Pick: Over 46

    Bills @ Patriots

    Patriots have the opportunity to get home-field throughout the AFC playoffs with a win. Not only did will they get 1st place in the AFC this week, but New England also received the honor of being the drunkest states: https://www.masslive.com/mywideworld/index.ssf/2011/12/springfieldholyoke_area_ranked_among_the_drunkest_cities_in_america.html which is great news to Patriots QB who told fans earlier in the year to come drunk: https://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-09-14/sports/30182002_1_tom-brady-drinking-fans. I digress. Belichick and Brady don’t seem to forget things too easily. After losing to the Bills earlier in the year, the Pats will repay the favor x6. 41-23.

    Pick: Patriots -11 (Levin Lock)
    Pick: Over 51

    Titans @ Texans

    The most valuable weapon returns this week for the Texans. No, not Andre (although he should play this week). Nope, not Schaub (he’s on the IR). Wade Phillips will be back. I will continue my stand that the Titans need to start Locker. This could be Hasslebacks last game  ever and the Texans are not playing for anything (as far as playoff seeding goes), but they will be playing for the confidence that they have lost the last few weeks. I really love the the Texans to win 23-20.

    Pick: Texans +3

    Buccaneers @ Falcons

    I would like this play a lot more if it was a one o’clock kickoff because if the Lions win during the early games, then the Falcons have nothing to play for, EXCEPT getting redemption for their loss to the Bucs at the beginning of the year and taking out their anger of last night’s defeat on THE WORST defense in the league. If the Lions lose, then the Falcons might win by 40 (okay, maybe not that much, but it would be a lot). Hopefully, Mike Smith either lies to them and tells them the Lions loss or doesn’t let his team know the score of the game.

    Pick: Falcons -11.5

    Chiefs @ Denver

    Speaking of redemption games. Orton goes back to the stadium where he started his season to try and prevent his former team from making the playoffs. While the Denver Tebow’s are in a win and they’re in situation. Tebow controls his own destiny (insert religious joke here). Since Tebow took over, Denver actually has been a better road team. Is it because they are a mile closer to heaven and he can’t take the pressure of higher powers (pun intended) watching. Take in that joke for a moment, it could be the last Tebow joke for the year (if they lose), which has been going on for since almost the inception of this blog. Just like I can’t pick against the Patriots (I actually hate the Patriots, but they are just so good), I can not pick against Tim Tebow. I will take the under, but I think Kansas City (I should really PLAY MY GUT!!!!-I’ll grab the Chiefs because we know the Broncos don’t win by more than 3 when they do win) wins 17-16.

    Pick: Under 37
    Pick: Chiefs +3.5

    Chargers @ Raiders

    The Raiders are playing for a playoff spot (there are so many different scenarios involving Oakland) and the Chargers are playing for…um…Norv Turner’s job (I guess?). The Chargers’ players (for the most part) on offense will have all of their players back. So, they area basically only playing for their bosses’ job (imagine if we had control if our boss came back or not). The Raiders’ paid soooo much for Palmer and they are not guaranteed a playoff spot with a victory, but that is (obviously) where it all starts for them to have a chance. The sheer fact that Norv Turner and Philip Rivers are so good in December/January makes me take the over. Raiders take this one 30-23.

    Pick: Raiders -2.5
    Pick: Over 48.5

    Steelers @ Browns

    Oh lookie what we have here. James Harrison gets to play the Browns for the 2nd time in less than 4 weeks (Thaddeus Lewis from Duke, get warmed up!).  Without Roethlisberger and McCoy, this game could be similar to the score the last time that they met when Pittsburgh won 14-3. Cleveland has kept it close the last two weeks. Just like last week, I LOVE the under, but out of fear of a pick 6, I will not make it a lock.

    Pick: Steelers -7
    Pick: Under 36.5

    Ravens @ Bengals

    All 4 of the Ravens losses have been on the road, so it is only fitting that they need this win for a first round bye. The Ravens have beaten Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and Cleveland on the road, but loss to the Tennessee, Jacksonville, Seattle, and San Diego (the only team of the 4 who is really fighting for anything is Jacksonville-first pick. Tennessee needs a lot of help and San Diego is fighting for their coach). I actually think the Bengals pull this one off. I want to only take the under, but I said I would stick with my hunches. In a defensive minded game the Bengals somehow score 22 and the Ravens somehow score 16. Still have to stick with the under with these two defenses (part of me says don’t, but can’t argue with the numbers).

    Pick: Bengals +2.5
    Pick: Under 38

    Cowboys @ Giants

    Two weeks ago, I summed up the NYG play: “The giants average margin of victory is 6 points. This is what I have been saying for weeks. I will coin his play as “Eli Excitement” because he isn’t good until the game is getting out of hand, then he will come back or he plays crappy against crap teams and does well against good teams (which Giants fans can call it excruciating ”Eli Excitement” because it definitely has to pain New York fans to watch.” The Cowboys are  a good team. So, the G-men will take this game. Romo is hurt and the Cowboys began their year with a loss on Sunday Night football in Metlife and that is how their season will end. Let’s go 31-23.

    Pick: Giants -2.5

    And so no one feels left out (All for equal opportunity to pick games): I would lean toward the Cardinals -1.5 and under 41

    Levin Locks: 2

    Other Picks: 26

    Total Games: 28

    Thanks to everyone who’s given me feedback all year. I really enjoyed writing this up each week.

     
    CountyTigers
    CountyTigers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2011 - 10:26 PM ET #5

    Thanks Tony. Appreciate it.
    Reply
    Thanks Tony. Appreciate it.
     
    CountyTigers
    CountyTigers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2012 - 8:52 PM ET #6

    And thanks for the feedback!
    Reply
    And thanks for the feedback!
     
    CountyTigers
    CountyTigers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2012 - 1:29 PM ET #7

    Went 17-11 (include 1-1 Levin Locks).

    That makes me: 

    Season:
    Levin Locks: 50-23-1
    Bowl Season: 27-15-0 (5-6 on Bowl Locks-14-6 on over/under-13-9 picking spreads)
    NCAAF regular season: 123-89-2
    NFL: 133-108-4
    Total: 283-212-6

    Similar to Bowl games, I should not make any playoff games a Levin Lock and I (actually) won’t, but I will point out games that I love.

    Bengals @ Texans

    I think the most telling state here is the Bengals record against teams with a winning record this year is 1-6. While the Bengals are 8-1 against teams that are .500 or worse. Since Schaub went down with an injury the Texans are 3-3 (losing their last 3). Since Schaub went down the Texans have averaged 18 points per game (ppg) Are teams starting to figure out T.J. Yates? I don’t think so. I said before that Wade Phillips is their big X-factor. He is now back. The most points that the Texans gave up at home with Wade Phillips coaching the defense was 25 points to the Raiders and an average of 16.5ppg (That’s including the 40 they gave up to the Saints in New Orleans). Giving up 14.43 ppg at home when Phillips is coaching. The Bengals give up an average of 17.25 ppg on the road and score 23.5 ppg on the road. I like the Texans to win 20-17 (take Houston straight up!). In the first playoff game that involves the new rules.

    Pick: Under 39

    Lions @ Saints

    In a must win game last week against the Packers’ backup the Lions game up 480 yards passing and 6TDs (note: that is not a misprint). Can you imagine what Drew Brees is going to do at home against the Lions? I don’t think anyone can fathom the possibilities. The Lions didn’t have Louis Delmas and Ndamukong Suh the last time these teams met in week 13 when the Saints won 31-17. The Saints don’t lose at home. In addition, they don’t come close to losing at home in primetime. We know the Lions don’t show up for the first half and we know I’m a Lions fan, so I will only pick the first half (although, unbiased, the Saints for the game could be the better play). My only small hope for my Lions to pull of the upset is the fact that the Saints lost (both on the road) to the Rams and Buccaneers. The last two weeks, I believed there was a shot that the Saints could lose (boy was I wrong). This week I believe that the Saints have NO shot to lose (even though, a dome is a dome, right?). Sadly, my Lions go down 43-27. Don’t love the over play because of 59 is A LOT of points, but I will take it, along with:

    Pick: First half Saints -7
    Pick: Saints -10.5
    Pick: Over 59


    Reply
    Went 17-11 (include 1-1 Levin Locks).

    That makes me: 

    Season:
    Levin Locks: 50-23-1
    Bowl Season: 27-15-0 (5-6 on Bowl Locks-14-6 on over/under-13-9 picking spreads)
    NCAAF regular season: 123-89-2
    NFL: 133-108-4
    Total: 283-212-6

    Similar to Bowl games, I should not make any playoff games a Levin Lock and I (actually) won’t, but I will point out games that I love.

    Bengals @ Texans

    I think the most telling state here is the Bengals record against teams with a winning record this year is 1-6. While the Bengals are 8-1 against teams that are .500 or worse. Since Schaub went down with an injury the Texans are 3-3 (losing their last 3). Since Schaub went down the Texans have averaged 18 points per game (ppg) Are teams starting to figure out T.J. Yates? I don’t think so. I said before that Wade Phillips is their big X-factor. He is now back. The most points that the Texans gave up at home with Wade Phillips coaching the defense was 25 points to the Raiders and an average of 16.5ppg (That’s including the 40 they gave up to the Saints in New Orleans). Giving up 14.43 ppg at home when Phillips is coaching. The Bengals give up an average of 17.25 ppg on the road and score 23.5 ppg on the road. I like the Texans to win 20-17 (take Houston straight up!). In the first playoff game that involves the new rules.

    Pick: Under 39

    Lions @ Saints

    In a must win game last week against the Packers’ backup the Lions game up 480 yards passing and 6TDs (note: that is not a misprint). Can you imagine what Drew Brees is going to do at home against the Lions? I don’t think anyone can fathom the possibilities. The Lions didn’t have Louis Delmas and Ndamukong Suh the last time these teams met in week 13 when the Saints won 31-17. The Saints don’t lose at home. In addition, they don’t come close to losing at home in primetime. We know the Lions don’t show up for the first half and we know I’m a Lions fan, so I will only pick the first half (although, unbiased, the Saints for the game could be the better play). My only small hope for my Lions to pull of the upset is the fact that the Saints lost (both on the road) to the Rams and Buccaneers. The last two weeks, I believed there was a shot that the Saints could lose (boy was I wrong). This week I believe that the Saints have NO shot to lose (even though, a dome is a dome, right?). Sadly, my Lions go down 43-27. Don’t love the over play because of 59 is A LOT of points, but I will take it, along with:

    Pick: First half Saints -7
    Pick: Saints -10.5
    Pick: Over 59


     
     
    CountyTigers
    CountyTigers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 57
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2012 - 1:29 PM ET #8

    Falcons @ Giants

    The Falcons give up 19 ppg on the road and score 19.25 ppg on the road. Overall, the Falcons score 25.1 ppg and give up 21.9 ppg. Remember the “Eli Excitement” rule? Well, teams that finished .500 or better the Giants averaged 27 ppg, while giving up 25.6 ppg. This fits perfectly into my theory. He is 6-4 against those teams. A mere 1-2 record at home against these teams. Against all teams at home, the Gmen score 23.25 ppg and give up 23.13 ppg. While scoring 24.6 overall and giving up 25 ppg. Giants 26 Falcons 23. I like the over play better.

    Pick: Gmen -3
    Pick: Over 47

    Steelers @ Tim Tebow

    Since Tebow took over the Broncos have averaged 18.55 ppg and have given up 22.72 ppg. At home the defense of the Broncos (since Tebow took over) 23.2 ppg, but the Broncos have only scored (since Tebow took over) 13.2 ppg at home.  The Steelers average 20.3 ppg overall and a mere 15.6 ppg on the road. While their defense has given up 14.2 ppg and 18.4 ppg on the road. No Pouncey, Mendenhall, Ryan Clark. A banged up Roethlisberger and LaMarr Woodley. Similar to the Chiefs/Packers game, where I thought all signs pointed to the Chiefs definitely covering, I love the Denver Tebows to cover in this game, but like the Chiefs/Packers game I still think the favorite wins. Then, again the Chiefs actually did win. Basically, this is how the Broncos should feel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA. I LOVE both of these plays (very tempted to make the Broncos a Lock to cover, but read my statement above). The most points that each team will score is 20 points for Pittsburgh. and 16 for Denver. I think the score is 14-10, so I will take the average and pick the final score to be: 17-13.

    Pick: Broncos +9
    Pick: Under 33.5



    Reply

    Falcons @ Giants

    The Falcons give up 19 ppg on the road and score 19.25 ppg on the road. Overall, the Falcons score 25.1 ppg and give up 21.9 ppg. Remember the “Eli Excitement” rule? Well, teams that finished .500 or better the Giants averaged 27 ppg, while giving up 25.6 ppg. This fits perfectly into my theory. He is 6-4 against those teams. A mere 1-2 record at home against these teams. Against all teams at home, the Gmen score 23.25 ppg and give up 23.13 ppg. While scoring 24.6 overall and giving up 25 ppg. Giants 26 Falcons 23. I like the over play better.

    Pick: Gmen -3
    Pick: Over 47

    Steelers @ Tim Tebow

    Since Tebow took over the Broncos have averaged 18.55 ppg and have given up 22.72 ppg. At home the defense of the Broncos (since Tebow took over) 23.2 ppg, but the Broncos have only scored (since Tebow took over) 13.2 ppg at home.  The Steelers average 20.3 ppg overall and a mere 15.6 ppg on the road. While their defense has given up 14.2 ppg and 18.4 ppg on the road. No Pouncey, Mendenhall, Ryan Clark. A banged up Roethlisberger and LaMarr Woodley. Similar to the Chiefs/Packers game, where I thought all signs pointed to the Chiefs definitely covering, I love the Denver Tebows to cover in this game, but like the Chiefs/Packers game I still think the favorite wins. Then, again the Chiefs actually did win. Basically, this is how the Broncos should feel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA. I LOVE both of these plays (very tempted to make the Broncos a Lock to cover, but read my statement above). The most points that each team will score is 20 points for Pittsburgh. and 16 for Denver. I think the score is 14-10, so I will take the average and pick the final score to be: 17-13.

    Pick: Broncos +9
    Pick: Under 33.5



    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,391
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 687
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,329
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,499
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,820
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,495
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,224
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,870
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,148
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,845

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.