• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Poker

    Blackjack complaint

    MWC
    FatDrunknStupid
    TheGoldenGoose
    DevilFan
    3rd_and_Long
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 747
    Posts: 10
     
    MWC
    MWC
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3311
    Posted: Feb. 7, 2007 - 1:49 AM ET #1

    I've posted this same bitch before, but I just got back from Vegas and it happened again. 
     
    At one time I played blackjack ALOT, I learned basic strategy inside and out, and I'd still like to think I'm pretty good at it.  I rarely play blackjack anymore, and this is one reason why (I have others as well): morons at the table commenting on your game.  If you play live blackjack alot, you know the type, "you took my card" or "you're going to split that?" or wtf ever.  I'm going to do whatever the f*ck I want and don't need your comments....because the reason this really, really bothers me is that the freakin' odds are the same with six deck shoe of cards no matter what the guy next to you does!!  
     
    So, it happened again this past weekend. Very ocasionally, I'll stay on a 16 or split an unconvetional pair, etc.  I sat down at a table (only because my friend was there playing).  This dude was actually snickering at me and laughing because I stayed on a 16.  I didn't let this one go.  I snapped back immediately and told him to "Play your own game and f*ck off!!" in front of the whole table.  It felt great! 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I've posted this same bitch before, but I just got back from Vegas and it happened again. 
     
    At one time I played blackjack ALOT, I learned basic strategy inside and out, and I'd still like to think I'm pretty good at it.  I rarely play blackjack anymore, and this is one reason why (I have others as well): morons at the table commenting on your game.  If you play live blackjack alot, you know the type, "you took my card" or "you're going to split that?" or wtf ever.  I'm going to do whatever the f*ck I want and don't need your comments....because the reason this really, really bothers me is that the freakin' odds are the same with six deck shoe of cards no matter what the guy next to you does!!  
     
    So, it happened again this past weekend. Very ocasionally, I'll stay on a 16 or split an unconvetional pair, etc.  I sat down at a table (only because my friend was there playing).  This dude was actually snickering at me and laughing because I stayed on a 16.  I didn't let this one go.  I snapped back immediately and told him to "Play your own game and f*ck off!!" in front of the whole table.  It felt great! 
     
    FatDrunknStupid
    FatDrunknStupid
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Feb. 7, 2007 - 2:09 AM ET #2

    I agree....
     
    I have even sat on 100 dollar tables, and had some clown split faces.
     
    If I bring enough bucks, I can usually get a private game , or play 3 hands at the end of the table....this is usually enough to intimidate newbies.
     
    I also get to know the floor men, pit bosses, and deals, and that helps to get a protected table.
     
    Caesars ( AC  ) also allows the first person at a table to request the table be a no smoking table, that keeps away 90 % of the gamblers,
    Reply
    I agree....
     
    I have even sat on 100 dollar tables, and had some clown split faces.
     
    If I bring enough bucks, I can usually get a private game , or play 3 hands at the end of the table....this is usually enough to intimidate newbies.
     
    I also get to know the floor men, pit bosses, and deals, and that helps to get a protected table.
     
    Caesars ( AC  ) also allows the first person at a table to request the table be a no smoking table, that keeps away 90 % of the gamblers,
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Feb. 7, 2007 - 4:02 AM ET #3

    Blackjack is a house game anyway.  Save your money and avoid the idiots. GL
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Blackjack is a house game anyway.  Save your money and avoid the idiots. GL
     
    DevilFan
    DevilFan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 13492
    Posted: Feb. 7, 2007 - 9:30 AM ET #4

    I usually stay on 16 if the dealer has 13-16 himself.  Sometimes I hit if the dealer has 12 showing.  I always hit 12 against 12.  It all depends on the size of the wager though.  If I have a lot out there, I would rather let the dealer draw and beat me than bust and beat myself.
    Reply
    I usually stay on 16 if the dealer has 13-16 himself.  Sometimes I hit if the dealer has 12 showing.  I always hit 12 against 12.  It all depends on the size of the wager though.  If I have a lot out there, I would rather let the dealer draw and beat me than bust and beat myself.
     
    3rd_and_Long
    3rd_and_Long
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 23333
    Posted: Feb. 7, 2007 - 10:45 AM ET #5

    I played with the most retarded individual I had ever seen at a blckjack table one time.
    This person could not have made a "correct" play if their life depended on it.
    I ended up winning all but two hands in three shoes.
    Ignore the other players, it's you against the dealer, always.
    Reply
    I played with the most retarded individual I had ever seen at a blckjack table one time.
    This person could not have made a "correct" play if their life depended on it.
    I ended up winning all but two hands in three shoes.
    Ignore the other players, it's you against the dealer, always.
     
    cowboydave
    cowboydave
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 8908
    Posted: Feb. 7, 2007 - 11:57 AM ET #6

    One time, My buddy and I were playing (I think at the Frontier). Needless to say, since we had wondered that far down the strip, we were LOADED!! ANyway, I am always very focused and probably a little too serious while playing, my friend is not. Another buddy of ours walks up behind us and my playing partner is half paying attention and half talking w/ our other friend. The dealer deals and my friend has 20. My friend that wasn't playing says "you better hit that" jokingly. My very hyper and drunk friend who was not not paying much attention says "well then fucking hit it baby." The dealer, already annoyed w/ him, rolls her eyes and gives him another card.....
     
     FUCKING ACE!! Ends up w/ 21!
     
    It was really one of the most unbelievable and humorous things I've ever seen gambling!
     
    That being said, I do get annoyed w/ idiots who make poor plays. I only say something if it costs me money or he does it regularly.
    Reply
    One time, My buddy and I were playing (I think at the Frontier). Needless to say, since we had wondered that far down the strip, we were LOADED!! ANyway, I am always very focused and probably a little too serious while playing, my friend is not. Another buddy of ours walks up behind us and my playing partner is half paying attention and half talking w/ our other friend. The dealer deals and my friend has 20. My friend that wasn't playing says "you better hit that" jokingly. My very hyper and drunk friend who was not not paying much attention says "well then fucking hit it baby." The dealer, already annoyed w/ him, rolls her eyes and gives him another card.....
     
     FUCKING ACE!! Ends up w/ 21!
     
    It was really one of the most unbelievable and humorous things I've ever seen gambling!
     
    That being said, I do get annoyed w/ idiots who make poor plays. I only say something if it costs me money or he does it regularly.
     
    DevilFan
    DevilFan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 13492
    Posted: Feb. 7, 2007 - 1:16 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_and_Long:

    I played with the most retarded individual I had ever seen at a blckjack table one time.
    This person could not have made a "correct" play if their life depended on it.
    I ended up winning all but two hands in three shoes.
    Ignore the other players, it's you against the dealer, always.
     
    Not true... what about when a moron hits when the "book" says he supposed to stay and he draws a picture card... the same picture card that would have busted the dealer but instead, the dealer pulls a 5 or something and gets 20-21.. whatever.... the play of the others at the table has a direct effect on your game.  If someone is playing and doesn't know what they are doing, I get up and go to another table.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_and_Long:

    I played with the most retarded individual I had ever seen at a blckjack table one time.
    This person could not have made a "correct" play if their life depended on it.
    I ended up winning all but two hands in three shoes.
    Ignore the other players, it's you against the dealer, always.
     
    Not true... what about when a moron hits when the "book" says he supposed to stay and he draws a picture card... the same picture card that would have busted the dealer but instead, the dealer pulls a 5 or something and gets 20-21.. whatever.... the play of the others at the table has a direct effect on your game.  If someone is playing and doesn't know what they are doing, I get up and go to another table.
     
    Fadeville
    Fadeville
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 890
    Posted: Feb. 7, 2007 - 1:17 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilFan:

    I usually stay on 16 if the dealer has 13-16 himself.  Sometimes I hit if the dealer has 12 showing.  I always hit 12 against 12.  It all depends on the size of the wager though.  If I have a lot out there, I would rather let the dealer draw and beat me than bust and beat myself.
     
    Run that by me again or are you playing double exposure?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilFan:

    I usually stay on 16 if the dealer has 13-16 himself.  Sometimes I hit if the dealer has 12 showing.  I always hit 12 against 12.  It all depends on the size of the wager though.  If I have a lot out there, I would rather let the dealer draw and beat me than bust and beat myself.
     
    Run that by me again or are you playing double exposure?
     
    tkf18ny
    tkf18ny
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 1625
    Posted: Feb. 8, 2007 - 5:12 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilFan:

     
    Not true... what about when a moron hits when the "book" says he supposed to stay and he draws a picture card... the same picture card that would have busted the dealer but instead, the dealer pulls a 5 or something and gets 20-21.. whatever.... the play of the others at the table has a direct effect on your game.  If someone is playing and doesn't know what they are doing, I get up and go to another table.


    youre 100 % wrong. In the short run it will affect your hand but in the long run it doesnt matter what anyone else does.Not to metnion unless your counting your gonna lose your money anyway.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilFan:

     
    Not true... what about when a moron hits when the "book" says he supposed to stay and he draws a picture card... the same picture card that would have busted the dealer but instead, the dealer pulls a 5 or something and gets 20-21.. whatever.... the play of the others at the table has a direct effect on your game.  If someone is playing and doesn't know what they are doing, I get up and go to another table.


    youre 100 % wrong. In the short run it will affect your hand but in the long run it doesnt matter what anyone else does.Not to metnion unless your counting your gonna lose your money anyway.
     
     
    birdman2187
    birdman2187
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 2658
    Posted: Feb. 8, 2007 - 4:23 PM ET #10

    i once had an old lady bitch at me for sitting down and ruining her perfect pair thingy... i asked if it was cool to sit down too
    Reply
    i once had an old lady bitch at me for sitting down and ruining her perfect pair thingy... i asked if it was cool to sit down too
    All Forums | Poker

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,469
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,132
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 504
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,716
    • Sunday 3,124
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,941
    • HELP PLEASE 1,475
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,598
    • NFL Sunday 7,471
    • PART DEUX 220

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.