• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Soccer

    *Joga* -Discussion- How can we all be better gamblers? Picks also!

    JogaBonito
    Maximus1978
    Dogberto
    risktaker
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1177
    Posts: 13
     
    JogaBonito
    JogaBonito
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 1829
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 12:08 PM ET #1

    Greetings Covers Pals!

    I've been typing something that was supposed to open up this thread, but it's running low and so is time before the kick-off of my first pick of the day.  Apologies for this, I do have to hold a day job and we've been busy beyond belief.

    Bundseliga 2

    FC Ingolstadt 04 -1 -110 vs Heidenheimer SB: 1.76 / 1.60 Units

    I'll get back with the discussion part of this thread and hopefully will see some of you participate in it.

    As always, BOL mates!

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Greetings Covers Pals!

    I've been typing something that was supposed to open up this thread, but it's running low and so is time before the kick-off of my first pick of the day.  Apologies for this, I do have to hold a day job and we've been busy beyond belief.

    Bundseliga 2

    FC Ingolstadt 04 -1 -110 vs Heidenheimer SB: 1.76 / 1.60 Units

    I'll get back with the discussion part of this thread and hopefully will see some of you participate in it.

    As always, BOL mates!

     
    JogaBonito
    JogaBonito
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 1829
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 1:22 PM ET #2

    Like almost anything else in life, sports betting can be as casual or as serious as you want it to be. You can be the occasional bettor who just gets bored and needs some action to pass the time or a meticulous sports analyzer who spends hours watching games, reading all the news, analyzing stats, etc. in order to have a shot at a profit.

    I like to think of myself as a hybrid between the two described bettor types. I have my days where I spend the day analyzing matches, stats, and whatnots and I also have my days where I see a game about to start and go with my gut feeling just to “have something to watch.”  As all of you out there should know, there’s no “perfect system” to be on the positive side of the wager every single time.  Heck, most professional gamblers hit around the 55% mark, so what’s the outcome that us, mere mortals, can hope for?

    For me, the way to out-smart (maybe “out-luck”) the books is by finding value in either dogs that you like to win the match or, mostly exclusively in the beautiful world of footie, favorites that you love to win the game and pay a positive ML.  For those of you who know me, I’ve had 2 “eras,” for lack of a better word, posting at Covers.  The first one, last season, had me running hot for extended periods of time (aside from my arch nemesis, Liga MX) but, culminated in me losing my way a bit at the end. I still had a positive units record at the end, but nowhere near where I had gotten it to. I analyzed the data after and here’s what I came up with:

    1) The goal is to end your day in the plus side. It doesn’t matter if its $1 or $10,000, if you’re up, you’re up.

    2) Ride the hot streaks + pick your spots if you feel like upping your wager, but always bear in mind the point made above.

    3) Cold streak? Stop! Go back to the drawing board, take a few days if needed until a match comes up that you really like. Never pick a game just to pick the next game. Lower your wagers.

    Reply

    Like almost anything else in life, sports betting can be as casual or as serious as you want it to be. You can be the occasional bettor who just gets bored and needs some action to pass the time or a meticulous sports analyzer who spends hours watching games, reading all the news, analyzing stats, etc. in order to have a shot at a profit.

    I like to think of myself as a hybrid between the two described bettor types. I have my days where I spend the day analyzing matches, stats, and whatnots and I also have my days where I see a game about to start and go with my gut feeling just to “have something to watch.”  As all of you out there should know, there’s no “perfect system” to be on the positive side of the wager every single time.  Heck, most professional gamblers hit around the 55% mark, so what’s the outcome that us, mere mortals, can hope for?

    For me, the way to out-smart (maybe “out-luck”) the books is by finding value in either dogs that you like to win the match or, mostly exclusively in the beautiful world of footie, favorites that you love to win the game and pay a positive ML.  For those of you who know me, I’ve had 2 “eras,” for lack of a better word, posting at Covers.  The first one, last season, had me running hot for extended periods of time (aside from my arch nemesis, Liga MX) but, culminated in me losing my way a bit at the end. I still had a positive units record at the end, but nowhere near where I had gotten it to. I analyzed the data after and here’s what I came up with:

    1) The goal is to end your day in the plus side. It doesn’t matter if its $1 or $10,000, if you’re up, you’re up.

    2) Ride the hot streaks + pick your spots if you feel like upping your wager, but always bear in mind the point made above.

    3) Cold streak? Stop! Go back to the drawing board, take a few days if needed until a match comes up that you really like. Never pick a game just to pick the next game. Lower your wagers.

     
    JogaBonito
    JogaBonito
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 1829
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 1:24 PM ET #3

    My second “era” was not as successful as the first.  After taking a break, primarily because I’ve been so slammed with work that I hardly have time to actually cap some of the games, I realized the following:

    I wasn’t following any of the 3 points that I had learned from my previous “era.” 

    1) The goal was to “bet the next game” most of the time. 

    2) While I did ride some hot streaks, I maxed out wagers too often and if 2 or 3 of those didn’t pan out, there I was having a losing day after being up a considerable amount.

    3) When a cold streak faced me, I would pick the next game I liked and pound it with a max wager, usually creating a disastrous result.

    All of the above are recipes for disaster. Yet, I can’t say I’m happy I lost all of those units, but I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn from that experience and become a more mature sports bettor.  This pastime, profession, or occasional entertainment industry, regardless of how it fits in your case, needs one thing above all else from the bettor in order to become a success: Discipline.

    Yes, there is luck involved, skill, knowledge and a bunch of other things, but if you’re not disciplined, you might as well be tossing out 100s from a window. I became much undisciplined in the last few months and I’m changing that starting now.

    I was wagering on too many games and that made me lose track of what I was doing during the day (especially if I was out doing something else rather than watching the action). This way of gambling will be new to me, but I’m going to take it one game at a time and I’m going to limit myself to losing up to 1.60 units from my initial bank on any given day.

    What does this mean?

    Reply

    My second “era” was not as successful as the first.  After taking a break, primarily because I’ve been so slammed with work that I hardly have time to actually cap some of the games, I realized the following:

    I wasn’t following any of the 3 points that I had learned from my previous “era.” 

    1) The goal was to “bet the next game” most of the time. 

    2) While I did ride some hot streaks, I maxed out wagers too often and if 2 or 3 of those didn’t pan out, there I was having a losing day after being up a considerable amount.

    3) When a cold streak faced me, I would pick the next game I liked and pound it with a max wager, usually creating a disastrous result.

    All of the above are recipes for disaster. Yet, I can’t say I’m happy I lost all of those units, but I’m grateful for the opportunity to learn from that experience and become a more mature sports bettor.  This pastime, profession, or occasional entertainment industry, regardless of how it fits in your case, needs one thing above all else from the bettor in order to become a success: Discipline.

    Yes, there is luck involved, skill, knowledge and a bunch of other things, but if you’re not disciplined, you might as well be tossing out 100s from a window. I became much undisciplined in the last few months and I’m changing that starting now.

    I was wagering on too many games and that made me lose track of what I was doing during the day (especially if I was out doing something else rather than watching the action). This way of gambling will be new to me, but I’m going to take it one game at a time and I’m going to limit myself to losing up to 1.60 units from my initial bank on any given day.

    What does this mean?

     
    JogaBonito
    JogaBonito
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 1829
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 1:25 PM ET #4

    Say I bet 1.60 to win 1.60 on Team A and they lose. That’s it, I’m done for the day. It doesn’t matter how much I like another game, I’m out.  Though this will be hard to cope with, some days you start and lose 5 in row.  This will take care of that.

    Now, say I bet 1.60 to win 1.60 and I win. Now I have 3.20 available for that day if I want to. I can bet all 3.20 on one match or have several bets. 

    The idea here is that we’re going to now measure how good of a sports gambler I am by really putting my skills to the test.  If I can’t keep my head above water at 0.500 W PCT, then I’ll realize very early that I need to change my tactics, without losing most of my bank.  If, however, I start winning some matches, then I’ll build my bank enough in order to be able to pick my spots and up my wager when I feel it’s warranted.

     I’m not saying this is the way to go, nor am I guaranteeing success. This is part 3 of my sports-betting journey and I’m merely documenting it here in hopes that it will be successful and that it will help some of you out there.  In order to respect the process and not try to chase some (now) meaningless record that had me losing more than winning, I will start my record with a clean slate here. What’s the difference if the ones before were also my picks, you may ask?  Well, I was really shooting from the hip on a very good amount of games. I was overwhelmed with work and other things that I disrespected the sport and it ended up biting me in the behind.

    Every pick from here on out is being made because I would’ve capped the game.  That’s pretty much it.

    Discussion and opinions are encouraged! 

    Reply

    Say I bet 1.60 to win 1.60 on Team A and they lose. That’s it, I’m done for the day. It doesn’t matter how much I like another game, I’m out.  Though this will be hard to cope with, some days you start and lose 5 in row.  This will take care of that.

    Now, say I bet 1.60 to win 1.60 and I win. Now I have 3.20 available for that day if I want to. I can bet all 3.20 on one match or have several bets. 

    The idea here is that we’re going to now measure how good of a sports gambler I am by really putting my skills to the test.  If I can’t keep my head above water at 0.500 W PCT, then I’ll realize very early that I need to change my tactics, without losing most of my bank.  If, however, I start winning some matches, then I’ll build my bank enough in order to be able to pick my spots and up my wager when I feel it’s warranted.

     I’m not saying this is the way to go, nor am I guaranteeing success. This is part 3 of my sports-betting journey and I’m merely documenting it here in hopes that it will be successful and that it will help some of you out there.  In order to respect the process and not try to chase some (now) meaningless record that had me losing more than winning, I will start my record with a clean slate here. What’s the difference if the ones before were also my picks, you may ask?  Well, I was really shooting from the hip on a very good amount of games. I was overwhelmed with work and other things that I disrespected the sport and it ended up biting me in the behind.

    Every pick from here on out is being made because I would’ve capped the game.  That’s pretty much it.

    Discussion and opinions are encouraged! 

     
    JogaBonito
    JogaBonito
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 1829
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 1:27 PM ET #5

    ...and of course, I "messed up" and wagered "to win 1.60" which had me risking 1.76 units.. Oh well, not the end of the world, but won't happen again.

    Reply
    ...and of course, I "messed up" and wagered "to win 1.60" which had me risking 1.76 units.. Oh well, not the end of the world, but won't happen again.

     
    Maximus1978
    Maximus1978
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 7245
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 2:02 PM ET #6

    I line moneyline straight up betting. Over/Under goal very unpredictable.
    The Great Life of Sports Betting. Best Feeling in the World!
    Reply
    I line moneyline straight up betting. Over/Under goal very unpredictable.
     
    JogaBonito
    JogaBonito
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 1829
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 2:10 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus1978:

    I line moneyline straight up betting. Over/Under goal very unpredictable.

    I agree with you. Most of my wagers in Futbol are also sides, whether ML or GL, but very seldom do I bet overs or unders. 

    Ok.. so far so good with Ingolstadt!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus1978:

    I line moneyline straight up betting. Over/Under goal very unpredictable.

    I agree with you. Most of my wagers in Futbol are also sides, whether ML or GL, but very seldom do I bet overs or unders. 

    Ok.. so far so good with Ingolstadt!
     
    JogaBonito
    JogaBonito
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 1829
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 2:16 PM ET #8

    Adding: 

    Bundesliga

    Schalke 04 1st Half +133 vs FSV Mainz 05: 1.60 / 2.12 Units

    English Premier League

    West Ham United -0.75 +108 vs Brighton & Hove Albion: 1.60 / 1.72 Units

    BOL Mates!

    Reply
    Adding: 

    Bundesliga

    Schalke 04 1st Half +133 vs FSV Mainz 05: 1.60 / 2.12 Units

    English Premier League

    West Ham United -0.75 +108 vs Brighton & Hove Albion: 1.60 / 1.72 Units

    BOL Mates!

     
    Maximus1978
    Maximus1978
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 7245
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 2:41 PM ET #9

    BOL
    The Great Life of Sports Betting. Best Feeling in the World!
    Reply
    BOL
     
    JogaBonito
    JogaBonito
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 1829
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 4:47 PM ET #10

    Maximus1978 

    Well, that was a successful 1st day. Looking at the rest of the day, normally, I'd play Ascenso MX and Liga MX, but under this new system and after capping those matches, there's nothing there that I can truly say I like. I will take my positive units and move on for Saturday's card!

    Bundesliga 2
    1-0 +1.60 Units

    Bundesliga
    1-0 +2.12 Units

    English Premier League
    0-1 -1.60 Units

    Current Week: 2-1 +2.12 Units
    October: 2-1 +2.12 Units
    Total: 2-1 +2.12 Units

    Reply
    Maximus1978 

    Well, that was a successful 1st day. Looking at the rest of the day, normally, I'd play Ascenso MX and Liga MX, but under this new system and after capping those matches, there's nothing there that I can truly say I like. I will take my positive units and move on for Saturday's card!

    Bundesliga 2
    1-0 +1.60 Units

    Bundesliga
    1-0 +2.12 Units

    English Premier League
    0-1 -1.60 Units

    Current Week: 2-1 +2.12 Units
    October: 2-1 +2.12 Units
    Total: 2-1 +2.12 Units

     
    Dogberto
    Dogberto
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 3004
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2017 - 10:37 PM ET #11

    Great stuff thanks. 

    Reply

    Great stuff thanks. 

     
    risktaker
    risktaker
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 18970
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2017 - 3:40 AM ET #12

    good discussion i think gambling is like being professinal athleate u have to eat breath and sleep gambling  if u wanna be good at it . most of us have jobs which gets in a way i think i belive if i quit my job now i would be a lot better off. so many times i wanted to do it but just cant pull the trigger hope one day i can work up the courage to do it and just focus on gambling . also being in right frame of mind is also important if u are having bad day better of not gambling when you are emotional u make dumb desicions . just gotta have a routine u have to take time to reset go outside exercise eat something good gotta have good people around u and if u can do all those things where u wont put so much pressure on your self i think its possible to be great gambler but who got that kinda discipline probably nobody
    Reply
    good discussion i think gambling is like being professinal athleate u have to eat breath and sleep gambling  if u wanna be good at it . most of us have jobs which gets in a way i think i belive if i quit my job now i would be a lot better off. so many times i wanted to do it but just cant pull the trigger hope one day i can work up the courage to do it and just focus on gambling . also being in right frame of mind is also important if u are having bad day better of not gambling when you are emotional u make dumb desicions . just gotta have a routine u have to take time to reset go outside exercise eat something good gotta have good people around u and if u can do all those things where u wont put so much pressure on your self i think its possible to be great gambler but who got that kinda discipline probably nobody
     
     
    JogaBonito
    JogaBonito
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 1829
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2017 - 10:01 AM ET #13

    Dinho - Yup.. I'm with you there and I agree (to your Real Madrid point), mismatches are not dictated by the name of the team or the line that Vegas gives out. I've seen plenty of mismatches where the team with the upper hand is even the underdog at times and identifying those matches is part of the success formula. FuboTV rocks!! haha 

    Dogberto 

    Risktaker - Very interesting stuff.. I can see the comparison and it makes sense.. like everything else, if you want to be great at it, it's not just going to happen, you have to dedicate yourself to it fully.  I hope both you and I can muster that courage and pull the trigger some day! 
    Reply
    Dinho - Yup.. I'm with you there and I agree (to your Real Madrid point), mismatches are not dictated by the name of the team or the line that Vegas gives out. I've seen plenty of mismatches where the team with the upper hand is even the underdog at times and identifying those matches is part of the success formula. FuboTV rocks!! haha 

    Dogberto 

    Risktaker - Very interesting stuff.. I can see the comparison and it makes sense.. like everything else, if you want to be great at it, it's not just going to happen, you have to dedicate yourself to it fully.  I hope both you and I can muster that courage and pull the trigger some day! 
    All Forums | Soccer

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,508
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,148
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,727
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 506
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,009
    • HELP PLEASE 1,599
    • PART DEUX 230
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,140
    • King of Covers Winner List 12,241
    • Another BS PI 928

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.