• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Boxing

    Adamek/Grant

    12 Next Last»
    walktheline
    DatMofoThere85
    LuckyLuke
    Mack05
    DannoDanger
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1969
    Posts: 42
    12 Next Last»
     
    walktheline
    walktheline
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4526
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 12:19 AM ET #1

    This would seem like another "shoot for the moon" underdog betting on Grant. This fight might even be decided prior to the opening bell. I'm guessing Grant doesn't have much cash left and at 38 Grant might be looking to take a check and go home. However..

    Adamek is bullshit as a legit heavyweight contender. Fact, not fiction. He was hurt multiple times against Arreola and got lucky he ran out of gas. Grant can still punch and is HUGE. Maybe too big (could never use that elite frame) but he has the length and power to expose Adamek as the light heavy he actually is.

    Grant is a semi local fighter, with 4 of his last 5 fights being in NY and one in Philly. He always had the ability, but never used it. This might just be the night we find out why he was the future of the heavyweight division - even if it's ten years too late.

    5dimes capped me at $500 for this wager and that is probably the case across the board. I've pissed it away on worse bets, so I bet the max on the legit heavy that might pull the magic against the much smaller man.

    Grant, 500/3250.

    PS: This will be a great fight to get see if Adamek can find his range against someone much taller, as in a Klitschko fight. They'll KO him inside of 10, but this will be a great litmus test either way.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    This would seem like another "shoot for the moon" underdog betting on Grant. This fight might even be decided prior to the opening bell. I'm guessing Grant doesn't have much cash left and at 38 Grant might be looking to take a check and go home. However..

    Adamek is bullshit as a legit heavyweight contender. Fact, not fiction. He was hurt multiple times against Arreola and got lucky he ran out of gas. Grant can still punch and is HUGE. Maybe too big (could never use that elite frame) but he has the length and power to expose Adamek as the light heavy he actually is.

    Grant is a semi local fighter, with 4 of his last 5 fights being in NY and one in Philly. He always had the ability, but never used it. This might just be the night we find out why he was the future of the heavyweight division - even if it's ten years too late.

    5dimes capped me at $500 for this wager and that is probably the case across the board. I've pissed it away on worse bets, so I bet the max on the legit heavy that might pull the magic against the much smaller man.

    Grant, 500/3250.

    PS: This will be a great fight to get see if Adamek can find his range against someone much taller, as in a Klitschko fight. They'll KO him inside of 10, but this will be a great litmus test either way.

     
    DatMofoThere85
    DatMofoThere85
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 349
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 2:05 AM ET #2

    Dude I'm sorry but Grant won't win and if he does it'll be by KO. He might rock Adamek, but unless he puts Adamek to sleep with 1 punch then it ain't happening.

    If I hadn't seen improvement on Adamek's head movement and footwork while he was down at my gym trainng with Ronnie Shields then I'd be big on the over at + odds. I have small money on the over right now but I'm waiting for a certain prop to come out. Trust me Adamek looked like a million dollars while he was down here, but none of his sparring partners were 6'7. That's crazy huge. BTW one of his sparring partners was Dominique Guinn(he KO'd Grant) and Adamek spanked his ass everyday. I expect Adamek to play it safe early until the underrated but chinny Grant begins to tire. Once that happens Adamek is gonna step on the gas and Grant is gonna have flashbacks of Dominique Guinn. That's when Grant quits.

    If "Adamek by KO from 7-12" prop ever comes out I'm gonna pound it. The odds will probably be like +160 for that one. Does anyone have access to that prop yet? If so, at which sportsbook?

    I'm not sure how big I'll play the prop I mentioned. I remember Grant being knocked down with an arm punch (A FREAKIN ARM PUNCH!) from Jameel McCline (it's on youtube). In his defense however he was not properly warmed up. Adamek just might KO him early if he gets him in trouble.

    Reply

    Dude I'm sorry but Grant won't win and if he does it'll be by KO. He might rock Adamek, but unless he puts Adamek to sleep with 1 punch then it ain't happening.

    If I hadn't seen improvement on Adamek's head movement and footwork while he was down at my gym trainng with Ronnie Shields then I'd be big on the over at + odds. I have small money on the over right now but I'm waiting for a certain prop to come out. Trust me Adamek looked like a million dollars while he was down here, but none of his sparring partners were 6'7. That's crazy huge. BTW one of his sparring partners was Dominique Guinn(he KO'd Grant) and Adamek spanked his ass everyday. I expect Adamek to play it safe early until the underrated but chinny Grant begins to tire. Once that happens Adamek is gonna step on the gas and Grant is gonna have flashbacks of Dominique Guinn. That's when Grant quits.

    If "Adamek by KO from 7-12" prop ever comes out I'm gonna pound it. The odds will probably be like +160 for that one. Does anyone have access to that prop yet? If so, at which sportsbook?

    I'm not sure how big I'll play the prop I mentioned. I remember Grant being knocked down with an arm punch (A FREAKIN ARM PUNCH!) from Jameel McCline (it's on youtube). In his defense however he was not properly warmed up. Adamek just might KO him early if he gets him in trouble.

     
    LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 12654
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 2:13 AM ET #3

    walk- i respect your boxing knowledge but i feel that this one u have this one wrong.

    Adamek is fighting home in Newark.  10k+ crazy Polish fans screaming   Maybe i am biast because my company co sponsors Adamek and P. Wolak but this is a tune up fight.  
    Adamek will knock him out 4-6 round if it even gets this far.

    I gave 2 front row tix to a covers member for the LA fight.  This time i am offering 2 free tix in the upper deck with the wild fans.  Anyone interested respond here.
    Reply
    walk- i respect your boxing knowledge but i feel that this one u have this one wrong.

    Adamek is fighting home in Newark.  10k+ crazy Polish fans screaming   Maybe i am biast because my company co sponsors Adamek and P. Wolak but this is a tune up fight.  
    Adamek will knock him out 4-6 round if it even gets this far.

    I gave 2 front row tix to a covers member for the LA fight.  This time i am offering 2 free tix in the upper deck with the wild fans.  Anyone interested respond here.
     
    LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 12654
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 2:24 AM ET #4

    btw would love to see Adamek vs Dawson rematch @ Heavy...
    I could see Dawson getting KO'ed in that one
    Reply
    btw would love to see Adamek vs Dawson rematch @ Heavy...
    I could see Dawson getting KO'ed in that one
     
    Mack05
    Mack05
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 4403
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 6:08 AM ET #5

    Don't agree Walk. This looks very similiar to Adamek's fight with Golata. I mean look at the bums he has fought in the past 6 years. One fight in 18 months! I am playing Adamek KO here     @-250. Think its a very easy nights work. I agree Adamek will achieve nothing in the heavyweight division and Haye would massacre him, but Michael Grant is WAY past his best. Easy night for Adamek.

    1250 to win 500. Think it's easy money. I would bet more, except for the fact I can't fully trust Adamek. The only other result here is Adamek on points in a borefest which is a concern.

     

    Reply

    Don't agree Walk. This looks very similiar to Adamek's fight with Golata. I mean look at the bums he has fought in the past 6 years. One fight in 18 months! I am playing Adamek KO here     @-250. Think its a very easy nights work. I agree Adamek will achieve nothing in the heavyweight division and Haye would massacre him, but Michael Grant is WAY past his best. Easy night for Adamek.

    1250 to win 500. Think it's easy money. I would bet more, except for the fact I can't fully trust Adamek. The only other result here is Adamek on points in a borefest which is a concern.

     

     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 9:07 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke:

    walk- i respect your boxing knowledge but i feel that this one u have this one wrong.

    Adamek is fighting home in Newark.  10k+ crazy Polish fans screaming   Maybe i am biast because my company co sponsors Adamek and P. Wolak but this is a tune up fight.  
    Adamek will knock him out 4-6 round if it even gets this far.

    I gave 2 front row tix to a covers member for the LA fight.  This time i am offering 2 free tix in the upper deck with the wild fans.  Anyone interested respond here.

     

    Luke,  I'm ten minutes from the Rock.  I'm interested, if you still have the tickets.

     

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke:

    walk- i respect your boxing knowledge but i feel that this one u have this one wrong.

    Adamek is fighting home in Newark.  10k+ crazy Polish fans screaming   Maybe i am biast because my company co sponsors Adamek and P. Wolak but this is a tune up fight.  
    Adamek will knock him out 4-6 round if it even gets this far.

    I gave 2 front row tix to a covers member for the LA fight.  This time i am offering 2 free tix in the upper deck with the wild fans.  Anyone interested respond here.

     

    Luke,  I'm ten minutes from the Rock.  I'm interested, if you still have the tickets.

     

     

     
    nuttyrich
    nuttyrich
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 1709
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 12:42 PM ET #7

    I think Walk has some valid points, Grant has every advantage size power... REACH.. but the guy isn't a real boxer.

    He  was hand chosen while sitting ring side to box because they wanted "Big Giant Boxers".

    First time Grant was tested Lennox Destroyed him, followed by a 1st round KO by the hands of Mccline.

    He then fought cupcakes and then stepped up against Guinn and was KO'd by a guy who I don't believe is a pure power puncher.

    Grant might look good for the first few round throwing a jab.. but I don't believe he has a prayer it better happen within the first 4 rounds, because after Adamek warms up .. Grant is toast.

    I truly believe they are using Grant as a measuring stick to see how Adamek would do against the Klitcho's.

    Personally I think Adamek is too small.. I think Haye  would be a GREAT fight for him.

    How this fight is even being made is a joke Grant checked out years ago mentally, but I guess throw him in there to see how he does against a "Giant" is what HBO wants to do.

    Shame on HBO I believe his fight against Mccline thay said he should retire, that was 9 years ago. Then against Guinn they said the same in '03 we're now in 2010.

    Michael Grant has been fighting generic  guys with names that you would find in a video game  not in a boxing ring.

    MY pick is the same as last week.. Adamek ITD, even if he is giving up 5 1/2 inches in height and 11 inches in reach, thats right 11 inches.

    If Adamek cannot finish off a guy who is already finished, he might as well drop down in weight  because the competition only gets tougher from here.

    After this fight no more cup cakes..I believe when Adamek wins he will fight Alexander Povetkin which style wise makes the best sense for him.

    I believe he's too small for the big boys "Klitcho's".

    Good luck to everyone with your wagers whichever way you go!

     ON a side note I'd rather take James Toney in UFC this weekend at +525 than Grant, I might even play Toney for a small amount.


                                                 
                                                  


    Reply
    I think Walk has some valid points, Grant has every advantage size power... REACH.. but the guy isn't a real boxer.

    He  was hand chosen while sitting ring side to box because they wanted "Big Giant Boxers".

    First time Grant was tested Lennox Destroyed him, followed by a 1st round KO by the hands of Mccline.

    He then fought cupcakes and then stepped up against Guinn and was KO'd by a guy who I don't believe is a pure power puncher.

    Grant might look good for the first few round throwing a jab.. but I don't believe he has a prayer it better happen within the first 4 rounds, because after Adamek warms up .. Grant is toast.

    I truly believe they are using Grant as a measuring stick to see how Adamek would do against the Klitcho's.

    Personally I think Adamek is too small.. I think Haye  would be a GREAT fight for him.

    How this fight is even being made is a joke Grant checked out years ago mentally, but I guess throw him in there to see how he does against a "Giant" is what HBO wants to do.

    Shame on HBO I believe his fight against Mccline thay said he should retire, that was 9 years ago. Then against Guinn they said the same in '03 we're now in 2010.

    Michael Grant has been fighting generic  guys with names that you would find in a video game  not in a boxing ring.

    MY pick is the same as last week.. Adamek ITD, even if he is giving up 5 1/2 inches in height and 11 inches in reach, thats right 11 inches.

    If Adamek cannot finish off a guy who is already finished, he might as well drop down in weight  because the competition only gets tougher from here.

    After this fight no more cup cakes..I believe when Adamek wins he will fight Alexander Povetkin which style wise makes the best sense for him.

    I believe he's too small for the big boys "Klitcho's".

    Good luck to everyone with your wagers whichever way you go!

     ON a side note I'd rather take James Toney in UFC this weekend at +525 than Grant, I might even play Toney for a small amount.


                                                 
                                                  


     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 1:02 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by nuttyrich:



    I truly believe they are using Grant as a measuring stick to see how Adamek would do against the Klitcho's. 

                                                  


    They've stated that numerous times.  Even Adamek has said that.

     

    And the fight isn't on HBO.  They have nothing to do with this fight.  This is all done by the promoter (Main Events).  Adamek makes money, fills the building, and makes exciting fights.  I'll watch him fight almost anyone.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by nuttyrich:



    I truly believe they are using Grant as a measuring stick to see how Adamek would do against the Klitcho's. 

                                                  


    They've stated that numerous times.  Even Adamek has said that.

     

    And the fight isn't on HBO.  They have nothing to do with this fight.  This is all done by the promoter (Main Events).  Adamek makes money, fills the building, and makes exciting fights.  I'll watch him fight almost anyone.

     
    Mack05
    Mack05
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 4403
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 1:06 PM ET #9

    Rich I disagree about Haye. I think Adamek is perfect for him. I will be playing large on Haye if this fight happens, especially if he gets him to the UK. I don't think Adamek has the power it takes to KO Haye. Haye is an under rated boxer. He jabs and moves well and his handspeed is second to none. Those advantages are crucial over a guy like Adamek. I think Haye KO's him, I really do.

    I think Grant of 8 years ago beats Adamek. I never got the hype over this guy, but Grant is just a punch bag. Wait and see. I think I could beat Grant right now . Adamek is a hypejob and I will make money on him while I can. If he faces a Klitschko, it will be a brutal execution..

    Reply

    Rich I disagree about Haye. I think Adamek is perfect for him. I will be playing large on Haye if this fight happens, especially if he gets him to the UK. I don't think Adamek has the power it takes to KO Haye. Haye is an under rated boxer. He jabs and moves well and his handspeed is second to none. Those advantages are crucial over a guy like Adamek. I think Haye KO's him, I really do.

    I think Grant of 8 years ago beats Adamek. I never got the hype over this guy, but Grant is just a punch bag. Wait and see. I think I could beat Grant right now . Adamek is a hypejob and I will make money on him while I can. If he faces a Klitschko, it will be a brutal execution..

     
    ghostkid
    ghostkid
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 643
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 1:33 PM ET #10

    Grant has ZERO CHANCE.  NONE.
    Reply
    Grant has ZERO CHANCE.  NONE.
     
    EricLinny
    EricLinny
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 5068
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 2:56 PM ET #11

    Adamek is bullshit as a legit heavyweight contender.

    huh ???
    Reply
    Adamek is bullshit as a legit heavyweight contender.

    huh ???
     
    DatMofoThere85
    DatMofoThere85
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 349
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 3:30 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by nuttyrich:

    I ON a side note I'd rather take James Toney in UFC this weekend at +525 than Grant

    Oh snap! I don't really watch UFC unless its on at a party or bar or something but I have to go out and support my boy James Toney - I just won't be betting any money on his fat ass.

    You know I HATE to say it but I really do think UFC could wipeout boxing in the USA if they catered more to the black and hispanic communities. UFC already has like 95 percent of the whites. If Velasquez(who already has Mexican sponsors and commercials in Spanish) beats Lesnar and Toney is matched up with Kimbo... bye bye boxing. The mainstream sports fans who watched Mayweather's last 2 fights at my crib were bored out of their minds. I'll admit I was too and I had big money on Mayweather both times. 

    I'm a harcore boxing fan to the death but I respect UFC's rising popularity and boxing is constantly shooting itself in the foot. I constantly tell people that a good UFC fight( fight not matchup) is never as good as a good boxing fight (fight not matchup). I'm open to watching some UFC archive fights if they can match Barrera-Morales 1, Gatti-Ward 1, Bowe-Holyfield 1, Vasquez-Marquez 3, or Castillo-Corrales 1. The fights Iv'e mentioned are all recent too.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by nuttyrich:

    I ON a side note I'd rather take James Toney in UFC this weekend at +525 than Grant

    Oh snap! I don't really watch UFC unless its on at a party or bar or something but I have to go out and support my boy James Toney - I just won't be betting any money on his fat ass.

    You know I HATE to say it but I really do think UFC could wipeout boxing in the USA if they catered more to the black and hispanic communities. UFC already has like 95 percent of the whites. If Velasquez(who already has Mexican sponsors and commercials in Spanish) beats Lesnar and Toney is matched up with Kimbo... bye bye boxing. The mainstream sports fans who watched Mayweather's last 2 fights at my crib were bored out of their minds. I'll admit I was too and I had big money on Mayweather both times. 

    I'm a harcore boxing fan to the death but I respect UFC's rising popularity and boxing is constantly shooting itself in the foot. I constantly tell people that a good UFC fight( fight not matchup) is never as good as a good boxing fight (fight not matchup). I'm open to watching some UFC archive fights if they can match Barrera-Morales 1, Gatti-Ward 1, Bowe-Holyfield 1, Vasquez-Marquez 3, or Castillo-Corrales 1. The fights Iv'e mentioned are all recent too.

     
    Mack05
    Mack05
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 4403
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 3:35 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by EricLinny:

    Adamek is bullshit as a legit heavyweight contender.

    huh ???

    Yes...He can't beat Haye or either Klitschko..

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by EricLinny:

    Adamek is bullshit as a legit heavyweight contender.

    huh ???

    Yes...He can't beat Haye or either Klitschko..

     
    LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 12654
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 5:15 PM ET #14

    Danno-send me you address to lukelny@gmail.com
    i will send them tomorrow
    Reply
    Danno-send me you address to lukelny@gmail.com
    i will send them tomorrow
     
    DannoDanger
    DannoDanger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 3554
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 8:08 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke:

    Danno-send me you address to lukelny@gmail.com
    i will send them tomorrow

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke:

    Danno-send me you address to lukelny@gmail.com
    i will send them tomorrow

     

     
    EricLinny
    EricLinny
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 5068
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 8:55 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack05:

    Yes...He can't beat Haye or either Klitschko..



    All of those guys you mentioned are world champs.  I would take Adamek over Arreola, Valuev, Peter 

    Congrats on knowing how to use boxrec
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack05:

    Yes...He can't beat Haye or either Klitschko..



    All of those guys you mentioned are world champs.  I would take Adamek over Arreola, Valuev, Peter 

    Congrats on knowing how to use boxrec
     
    DatMofoThere85
    DatMofoThere85
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 349
    Posted: Aug. 17, 2010 - 11:04 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by EricLinny:



    All of those guys you mentioned are world champs.  I would take Adamek over Arreola, Valuev, Peter 

    Congrats on knowing how to use boxrec

    I don't know about Peter. The guy has a GREAT chin and power in both hands plus he has a very underrated jab. If he had better stamina I'd pick Peter in a heartbeat.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by EricLinny:



    All of those guys you mentioned are world champs.  I would take Adamek over Arreola, Valuev, Peter 

    Congrats on knowing how to use boxrec

    I don't know about Peter. The guy has a GREAT chin and power in both hands plus he has a very underrated jab. If he had better stamina I'd pick Peter in a heartbeat.

     
    LuckyLuke
    LuckyLuke
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 12654
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2010 - 1:28 AM ET #18

    HAD!  thats the word.  Peter does not have it.
    I really think you guys are disrespecting Adamek.
    He has the heart and brains (smart boxer) to take on the best.  Yes Kilich brothers might be too big but Haye is in his reach.  Don't forget his chin in the Cunningham fight.  This man can take a punch.
    Only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DatMofoThere85:

    I don't know about Peter. The guy has a GREAT chin and power in both hands plus he has a very underrated jab. If he had better stamina I'd pick Peter in a heartbeat.

    Reply
    HAD!  thats the word.  Peter does not have it.
    I really think you guys are disrespecting Adamek.
    He has the heart and brains (smart boxer) to take on the best.  Yes Kilich brothers might be too big but Haye is in his reach.  Don't forget his chin in the Cunningham fight.  This man can take a punch.
    Only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DatMofoThere85:

    I don't know about Peter. The guy has a GREAT chin and power in both hands plus he has a very underrated jab. If he had better stamina I'd pick Peter in a heartbeat.

     
    DatMofoThere85
    DatMofoThere85
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 349
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2010 - 2:26 AM ET #19

    What I meant is I don't consider Adamek a lock vs Peter. If they ever fight I guarantee Peter would be ahead after 5 rounds.
    Reply
    What I meant is I don't consider Adamek a lock vs Peter. If they ever fight I guarantee Peter would be ahead after 5 rounds.
     
    Mack05
    Mack05
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 4403
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2010 - 4:59 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by EricLinny:



    All of those guys you mentioned are world champs.  I would take Adamek over Arreola, Valuev, Peter 

    Congrats on knowing how to use boxrec

    Adamek is VERY over rated simple as..Per usual I will be proven right in time. Peter at his peak would have KO'd Adamek. I put my neck on the chopping block and say Adamek will never will be a World heavyweight champ (the major belts). I'm certain in 2-3 years Adamek will be a cruiseweight, before he disappears.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by EricLinny:



    All of those guys you mentioned are world champs.  I would take Adamek over Arreola, Valuev, Peter 

    Congrats on knowing how to use boxrec

    Adamek is VERY over rated simple as..Per usual I will be proven right in time. Peter at his peak would have KO'd Adamek. I put my neck on the chopping block and say Adamek will never will be a World heavyweight champ (the major belts). I'm certain in 2-3 years Adamek will be a cruiseweight, before he disappears.

     
    esplanade
    esplanade
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 9021
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2010 - 12:08 PM ET #21

    Luke:

    Thanks again for the sweet seats. Enjoyed it. Adamek got dinged a couple times by Arreola, but he was not "hurt repeatedly." (Walk)
    Reply
    Luke:

    Thanks again for the sweet seats. Enjoyed it. Adamek got dinged a couple times by Arreola, but he was not "hurt repeatedly." (Walk)
     
    Mack05
    Mack05
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 4403
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2010 - 12:59 PM ET #22

    Walk I understand the Pascal bet. You know the guy has tons of heart and at home he will leave it all in the ring.

    Betting a guy like Grant who has NO heart, had no competition is throwing away money -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhGReqwjzTs

     

    Reply

    Walk I understand the Pascal bet. You know the guy has tons of heart and at home he will leave it all in the ring.

    Betting a guy like Grant who has NO heart, had no competition is throwing away money -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhGReqwjzTs

     

     
    nuttyrich
    nuttyrich
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 1709
    Posted: Aug. 18, 2010 - 10:17 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack05:

    Rich I disagree about Haye. I think Adamek is perfect for him. I will be playing large on Haye if this fight happens, especially if he gets him to the UK. I don't think Adamek has the power it takes to KO Haye. Haye is an under rated boxer. He jabs and moves well and his handspeed is second to none. Those advantages are crucial over a guy like Adamek. I think Haye KO's him, I really do.

    I think Grant of 8 years ago beats Adamek. I never got the hype over this guy, but Grant is just a punch bag. Wait and see. I think I could beat Grant right now . Adamek is a hypejob and I will make money on him while I can. If he faces a Klitschko, it will be a brutal execution..



    Mack I agree Haye is a good fight for Adamek, I believe Haye wins that also but the only two fights I can see happening are Haye or Potelnik, Adamek is way too small to fight the Klitcho's.

    I see Adamek as a B- Fighter, he doesn't do anything good or anything "bad". A B- would be an under card back in the days for a heavy weight fight, now that's considered a main event.

    I believe Haye has too much going for him to fight Adamek he's looking for BIG money  PPV fights, where Adamek  milked Poland versus Golota and I believe he'd adopted Jersey as his home so he's going local and making cash that way (nothing wrong with that he has tons of support from his fans from Poland and U.S)

    When I say good fight, I don't mean an actual winner, I mean a good "match up"  and right now I only see two guys who Adamek can fight which is Haye / Kotelnik I feel it will be Kotelnik, Teddy Atlas knows his fighter wasn't ready for the Klitcho's this is the most logical fight for both Kotelnik and Adamek.

    I could also see Eddie Chambers maybe thrown in the mix, because he got clobbered by Klitcho so having a "common" opponent is always good as marketing.

    I would have replied sooner but have some family issues that has prevented me from coming on as much as I'd like.

    Hope this clears stuff up.:) Talk to you soon buddy and good luck to everyone whichever side they wager.

                                          
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack05:

    Rich I disagree about Haye. I think Adamek is perfect for him. I will be playing large on Haye if this fight happens, especially if he gets him to the UK. I don't think Adamek has the power it takes to KO Haye. Haye is an under rated boxer. He jabs and moves well and his handspeed is second to none. Those advantages are crucial over a guy like Adamek. I think Haye KO's him, I really do.

    I think Grant of 8 years ago beats Adamek. I never got the hype over this guy, but Grant is just a punch bag. Wait and see. I think I could beat Grant right now . Adamek is a hypejob and I will make money on him while I can. If he faces a Klitschko, it will be a brutal execution..



    Mack I agree Haye is a good fight for Adamek, I believe Haye wins that also but the only two fights I can see happening are Haye or Potelnik, Adamek is way too small to fight the Klitcho's.

    I see Adamek as a B- Fighter, he doesn't do anything good or anything "bad". A B- would be an under card back in the days for a heavy weight fight, now that's considered a main event.

    I believe Haye has too much going for him to fight Adamek he's looking for BIG money  PPV fights, where Adamek  milked Poland versus Golota and I believe he'd adopted Jersey as his home so he's going local and making cash that way (nothing wrong with that he has tons of support from his fans from Poland and U.S)

    When I say good fight, I don't mean an actual winner, I mean a good "match up"  and right now I only see two guys who Adamek can fight which is Haye / Kotelnik I feel it will be Kotelnik, Teddy Atlas knows his fighter wasn't ready for the Klitcho's this is the most logical fight for both Kotelnik and Adamek.

    I could also see Eddie Chambers maybe thrown in the mix, because he got clobbered by Klitcho so having a "common" opponent is always good as marketing.

    I would have replied sooner but have some family issues that has prevented me from coming on as much as I'd like.

    Hope this clears stuff up.:) Talk to you soon buddy and good luck to everyone whichever side they wager.

                                          
     
    Redlad
    Redlad
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2001
    Posts: 6822
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2010 - 2:58 PM ET #24

    DatMofo,

                  Tony would destroy Kimbo because as a pro boxer he is pure crap.

    Reply

    DatMofo,

                  Tony would destroy Kimbo because as a pro boxer he is pure crap.

     
     
    DatMofoThere85
    DatMofoThere85
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 349
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2010 - 3:45 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Redlad:

    DatMofo,

                  Tony would destroy Kimbo because as a pro boxer he is pure crap.

    My point is that the matchup itself would stir up interst in the black community. The inner-city ghettos (regardless of race) would be very intrigued.

    Personally I think Toney is brain damaged and shouldn't be fighting period. He was already slurring his words before the Sam Peter fights but after those 2 fights the slurring was even more obvious.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlad:

    DatMofo,

                  Tony would destroy Kimbo because as a pro boxer he is pure crap.

    My point is that the matchup itself would stir up interst in the black community. The inner-city ghettos (regardless of race) would be very intrigued.

    Personally I think Toney is brain damaged and shouldn't be fighting period. He was already slurring his words before the Sam Peter fights but after those 2 fights the slurring was even more obvious.

    All Forums | Boxing
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,349
    • Friday 10/02/2026 908
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,438
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,276
    • PART DEUX 283
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,308
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,503
    • Week 5 Money 7,523
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,743
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,595

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.