• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    2012 Kempom System

    «First Previous 454647 ... 777879 Next Last»
    PRO-Picker
    Mickalicious
    clem1
    fupm
    PLAYAAAA1969
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 495597
    Posts: 1969
    «First Previous 454647 ... 777879 Next Last»
     
    PRO-Picker
    PRO-Picker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 442
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 10:28 AM ET #1101

    Reply
     
    Mickalicious
    Mickalicious
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 108
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 10:39 AM ET #1102

    KP, sorry if I missed it but you alluded to providing some guidance around how you move your betting levels for plays. Without throwing you into some arthritic novel, can you highlight or point me to the post I may have missed?
    Reply
    KP, sorry if I missed it but you alluded to providing some guidance around how you move your betting levels for plays. Without throwing you into some arthritic novel, can you highlight or point me to the post I may have missed?
     
    clem1
    clem1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 380
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 10:44 AM ET #1103

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickalicious:

    KP, sorry if I missed it but you alluded to providing some guidance around how you move your betting levels for plays. Without throwing you into some arthritic novel, can you highlight or point me to the post I may have missed?
      i believe kp said he is not going to discuss his personal money amounts - rather he's providing his insight and you can do whatever you want with that insight - gl mick - clem1
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickalicious:

    KP, sorry if I missed it but you alluded to providing some guidance around how you move your betting levels for plays. Without throwing you into some arthritic novel, can you highlight or point me to the post I may have missed?
      i believe kp said he is not going to discuss his personal money amounts - rather he's providing his insight and you can do whatever you want with that insight - gl mick - clem1
     
    fupm
    fupm
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 911
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 10:52 AM ET #1104

    Ok, my apologies if 14-10 is the YTD updated record for the system plays and it went 2-1 yesterday.

    I noticed a large amount of personal playes being made and just wanted to throw that out there!

    At any rate, the moral of the story is the same...if it ain't broke, don't fix it! LOL

    The system has been tested and time proven and seems to be of less risk with much more value.

    With all do respect, I do not care to go back and search through the thread for Kine's personal plays yesterday and update his personal record from yesterday, but I do know this that in the long run playing a large amount of games never seems to work out for the majority of gamblers and I will say that most seasoned or veteran gamblers would have to agree!

    The post was still an excellent example of this discussion and should certainly be considered when there are a large amount of personal plays being thrown out there.

    Again, my apologies, and good luck to all today!

    FUPM

    Reply

    Ok, my apologies if 14-10 is the YTD updated record for the system plays and it went 2-1 yesterday.

    I noticed a large amount of personal playes being made and just wanted to throw that out there!

    At any rate, the moral of the story is the same...if it ain't broke, don't fix it! LOL

    The system has been tested and time proven and seems to be of less risk with much more value.

    With all do respect, I do not care to go back and search through the thread for Kine's personal plays yesterday and update his personal record from yesterday, but I do know this that in the long run playing a large amount of games never seems to work out for the majority of gamblers and I will say that most seasoned or veteran gamblers would have to agree!

    The post was still an excellent example of this discussion and should certainly be considered when there are a large amount of personal plays being thrown out there.

    Again, my apologies, and good luck to all today!

    FUPM

     
    PLAYAAAA1969
    PLAYAAAA1969
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 10344
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 11:33 AM ET #1105

    Interesting day yesterday....We sneek UCLA, No ill, Cal Irv, N Mex and Dartmouth does not fold like a cheap suit again,,,UTAH ST last second 1 pt win........But..Pacific  is only real disappointment that never showed up...And st8 let down Wyoming,,

    Good day KP..Lets roll Today 
    Reply
    Interesting day yesterday....We sneek UCLA, No ill, Cal Irv, N Mex and Dartmouth does not fold like a cheap suit again,,,UTAH ST last second 1 pt win........But..Pacific  is only real disappointment that never showed up...And st8 let down Wyoming,,

    Good day KP..Lets roll Today 
     
    hossdagreek
    hossdagreek
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 11:39 AM ET #1106

    Just read this entire string this morning, not bad guys... if I did this correctly, there is not a system play today, right?

    Thanks for all your work on this, GL.
    Reply
    Just read this entire string this morning, not bad guys... if I did this correctly, there is not a system play today, right?

    Thanks for all your work on this, GL.
     
    roundrock9
    roundrock9
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 579
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 11:40 AM ET #1107

    i dont see any system play for sunday
    Reply
    i dont see any system play for sunday
     
    MidniteWriter
    MidniteWriter
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 771
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 11:52 AM ET #1108

    AGREE! - RISK LESS, WIN MORE.
    Reply
    AGREE! - RISK LESS, WIN MORE.
     
    Dr_Boilermaker
    Dr_Boilermaker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 1587
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 12:58 PM ET #1109

    Quote Originally Posted by MidniteWriter:

    AGREE! - RISK LESS, WIN MORE.


    How do you associate betting 330 a game vs 110 a game with less risk? 

    And the more games bet, the more the risk is spread out to provide a level of protection from anomalies that occur during games.

     How many times have you had the right side of a game and lost the bet?  Washington / UCLA is a great example.  Washington was at +5 across basically every book.  Washington dominated the game and let it slip away, down 2 with 3.4 seconds left.  UCLA hits both free throws.  Instead of passing the ball in and shooting a desperation half court three while trying to draw a foul - they throw the ball out of bounds...untouched!  UCLA passes the ball in (under their own basket) and Washington decides to foul again (even though they are down four) and UCLA sinks both free throws for a ridiculous cover. (sorry to anybody betting Washington!) 

    If Washington was your third game on your 3 team card - you've now gone 1-2 and now you have lost -330, even though you did your homework and had picked the right side. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MidniteWriter:

    AGREE! - RISK LESS, WIN MORE.


    How do you associate betting 330 a game vs 110 a game with less risk? 

    And the more games bet, the more the risk is spread out to provide a level of protection from anomalies that occur during games.

     How many times have you had the right side of a game and lost the bet?  Washington / UCLA is a great example.  Washington was at +5 across basically every book.  Washington dominated the game and let it slip away, down 2 with 3.4 seconds left.  UCLA hits both free throws.  Instead of passing the ball in and shooting a desperation half court three while trying to draw a foul - they throw the ball out of bounds...untouched!  UCLA passes the ball in (under their own basket) and Washington decides to foul again (even though they are down four) and UCLA sinks both free throws for a ridiculous cover. (sorry to anybody betting Washington!) 

    If Washington was your third game on your 3 team card - you've now gone 1-2 and now you have lost -330, even though you did your homework and had picked the right side. 


     
    fupm
    fupm
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 911
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 1:29 PM ET #1110

    Please read post 1096 and if you don't understand the logic behind the statements being made than maybe we should dig a little deeper and sit down w a cup of hot coffee for this conversation

    FUPM

    good luck today!

    Reply

    Please read post 1096 and if you don't understand the logic behind the statements being made than maybe we should dig a little deeper and sit down w a cup of hot coffee for this conversation

    FUPM

    good luck today!

     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 2:42 PM ET #1111

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickalicious:

    KP, sorry if I missed it but you alluded to providing some guidance around how you move your betting levels for plays. Without throwing you into some arthritic novel, can you highlight or point me to the post I may have missed?


    Throughout the regular season I normally have around one play a day (sometimes zero, sometimes two, rarely more unless I find crazy value). 

    There are numerous reason, but the main reason is we don't know who these teams are (most people's analysis is based strictly off blue ribbon and other pre-season publications). 

    Go back and look at some of the lines from November and then try to imagine what the line would be now that we know who those teams are.  For example, Boston College opened as a pick-em at home against UMass back on Nov 21st, what would that line be now?  Umass would probably open as 6 to 10-pt favorite I would imagine. 

    Until we have adequate sample size for stats and teams, its very hard to justify making "value" plays as we still don't know where the "value" truly is (hence playing the system at the end of the year). 

    Also, I choose to bet a higher percentage of my bankroll per play in an effort to limit my plays as well (normally around 4-5% of my bankroll is one unit.)  Even one loss "hurts" and makes me reevaluate the play, study the game and what happened and makes me reassess the trends, stats and angles I used to make that play (also why I rarely watch a game live that I have money on, no objectivity). 

    Now this number trends up or down based on how I'm doing.  If I have being winning and my bankroll is higher, the 1-unit play becomes a higher amount (Lets say for simple numbers I have a 10,000 bankroll, 5% would be 500 a play, if I have a good run and my bankroll is up to 15,000, then my 1-unit play now becomes 750), if I'm trending downward and my bankroll shrinking, the 1-unit play becomes a smaller amount (In the above example, lets say I lose six straight games when I have 10,000, now I'm down to 7,000 and my new 1-unit play becomes 350 instead of 500).  If you notice, this is exactly opposite of how most people do it.  Most gamblers, when they get hot, start to be even more selective of their bets as their bankroll hits new heights and right when they hit a rough patch, they start betting everything in sight in a misguided attempt to get back to the bankroll they had built up in the first place (we have all been there). 

    Right now, I've have slightly "doubled" my bankroll since the beginning of college hoops season, so following the above logic, a 1-unit play for me now would be "double" what it was in the beginning of the season. 

    Now this changes at the very end of the season for me as we will never have as much data on these teams as we do right now.  It my belief that you should trust what you know (believe) about these teams - who you like and play hard: Citadel, Marist, EMU and a few others for the last few weeks and the teams you think suck (or coach sucks or players quit etc.). 

    I play many more games during the last week or so of the regular season/conference tourney based on the abundance of data that we now how and based on what I believe about these teams.  The only adjustment I make for having so many more plays is that I revert back to my original 1-unit play (so technically now 1-2% of my bankroll). 

    This is why I found fupm's post so funny.  First, he didn't take the time to even understand the system or know how many plays there were before writing that huge post on how many games I should be playing.  Secondly, I literally play fewer games than almost any regular poster on this site (with the exception of the last week of the season which we are in right now) so he is "preaching to the choir". 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickalicious:

    KP, sorry if I missed it but you alluded to providing some guidance around how you move your betting levels for plays. Without throwing you into some arthritic novel, can you highlight or point me to the post I may have missed?


    Throughout the regular season I normally have around one play a day (sometimes zero, sometimes two, rarely more unless I find crazy value). 

    There are numerous reason, but the main reason is we don't know who these teams are (most people's analysis is based strictly off blue ribbon and other pre-season publications). 

    Go back and look at some of the lines from November and then try to imagine what the line would be now that we know who those teams are.  For example, Boston College opened as a pick-em at home against UMass back on Nov 21st, what would that line be now?  Umass would probably open as 6 to 10-pt favorite I would imagine. 

    Until we have adequate sample size for stats and teams, its very hard to justify making "value" plays as we still don't know where the "value" truly is (hence playing the system at the end of the year). 

    Also, I choose to bet a higher percentage of my bankroll per play in an effort to limit my plays as well (normally around 4-5% of my bankroll is one unit.)  Even one loss "hurts" and makes me reevaluate the play, study the game and what happened and makes me reassess the trends, stats and angles I used to make that play (also why I rarely watch a game live that I have money on, no objectivity). 

    Now this number trends up or down based on how I'm doing.  If I have being winning and my bankroll is higher, the 1-unit play becomes a higher amount (Lets say for simple numbers I have a 10,000 bankroll, 5% would be 500 a play, if I have a good run and my bankroll is up to 15,000, then my 1-unit play now becomes 750), if I'm trending downward and my bankroll shrinking, the 1-unit play becomes a smaller amount (In the above example, lets say I lose six straight games when I have 10,000, now I'm down to 7,000 and my new 1-unit play becomes 350 instead of 500).  If you notice, this is exactly opposite of how most people do it.  Most gamblers, when they get hot, start to be even more selective of their bets as their bankroll hits new heights and right when they hit a rough patch, they start betting everything in sight in a misguided attempt to get back to the bankroll they had built up in the first place (we have all been there). 

    Right now, I've have slightly "doubled" my bankroll since the beginning of college hoops season, so following the above logic, a 1-unit play for me now would be "double" what it was in the beginning of the season. 

    Now this changes at the very end of the season for me as we will never have as much data on these teams as we do right now.  It my belief that you should trust what you know (believe) about these teams - who you like and play hard: Citadel, Marist, EMU and a few others for the last few weeks and the teams you think suck (or coach sucks or players quit etc.). 

    I play many more games during the last week or so of the regular season/conference tourney based on the abundance of data that we now how and based on what I believe about these teams.  The only adjustment I make for having so many more plays is that I revert back to my original 1-unit play (so technically now 1-2% of my bankroll). 

    This is why I found fupm's post so funny.  First, he didn't take the time to even understand the system or know how many plays there were before writing that huge post on how many games I should be playing.  Secondly, I literally play fewer games than almost any regular poster on this site (with the exception of the last week of the season which we are in right now) so he is "preaching to the choir". 
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 2:43 PM ET #1112

    Quote Originally Posted by clem1:

      i believe kp said he is not going to discuss his personal money amounts - rather he's providing his insight and you can do whatever you want with that insight - gl mick - clem1


    Thanks bud, just posted a bit more about this in post 1112 above
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by clem1:

      i believe kp said he is not going to discuss his personal money amounts - rather he's providing his insight and you can do whatever you want with that insight - gl mick - clem1


    Thanks bud, just posted a bit more about this in post 1112 above
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 2:47 PM ET #1113

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Boilermaker:



    How do you associate betting 330 a game vs 110 a game with less risk? 

    And the more games bet, the more the risk is spread out to provide a level of protection from anomalies that occur during games.

     How many times have you had the right side of a game and lost the bet?  Washington / UCLA is a great example.  Washington was at +5 across basically every book.  Washington dominated the game and let it slip away, down 2 with 3.4 seconds left.  UCLA hits both free throws.  Instead of passing the ball in and shooting a desperation half court three while trying to draw a foul - they throw the ball out of bounds...untouched!  UCLA passes the ball in (under their own basket) and Washington decides to foul again (even though they are down four) and UCLA sinks both free throws for a ridiculous cover. (sorry to anybody betting Washington!) 

    If Washington was your third game on your 3 team card - you've now gone 1-2 and now you have lost -330, even though you did your homework and had picked the right side. 




    There is truth to both arguments to be sure.  First, I'm the very picture of limited plays so obviously I agree with that.  But, if you are a flat 1-unit bettor like me, than you can definitely feel more comfortable betting more games (check JFen, Harvey, Riccio and others for good examples of this as well). 

    We can all agree that the problems occur when gamblers go "on tilt" and start betting BIGGER to recover loses and start "chasing" by just tailing over cappers and/or betting games because its the last game of the night etc. etc. etc.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Boilermaker:



    How do you associate betting 330 a game vs 110 a game with less risk? 

    And the more games bet, the more the risk is spread out to provide a level of protection from anomalies that occur during games.

     How many times have you had the right side of a game and lost the bet?  Washington / UCLA is a great example.  Washington was at +5 across basically every book.  Washington dominated the game and let it slip away, down 2 with 3.4 seconds left.  UCLA hits both free throws.  Instead of passing the ball in and shooting a desperation half court three while trying to draw a foul - they throw the ball out of bounds...untouched!  UCLA passes the ball in (under their own basket) and Washington decides to foul again (even though they are down four) and UCLA sinks both free throws for a ridiculous cover. (sorry to anybody betting Washington!) 

    If Washington was your third game on your 3 team card - you've now gone 1-2 and now you have lost -330, even though you did your homework and had picked the right side. 




    There is truth to both arguments to be sure.  First, I'm the very picture of limited plays so obviously I agree with that.  But, if you are a flat 1-unit bettor like me, than you can definitely feel more comfortable betting more games (check JFen, Harvey, Riccio and others for good examples of this as well). 

    We can all agree that the problems occur when gamblers go "on tilt" and start betting BIGGER to recover loses and start "chasing" by just tailing over cappers and/or betting games because its the last game of the night etc. etc. etc.
     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26758
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 3:14 PM ET #1114

    anything your going on today?
    I have ILL St+6 so far and an NBA play going,
    what say you,lol.
    Reply
    anything your going on today?
    I have ILL St+6 so far and an NBA play going,
    what say you,lol.
     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26758
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 3:16 PM ET #1115

    Also riccios over,lol.
    Reply
    Also riccios over,lol.
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 3:29 PM ET #1116

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    anything your going on today?
    I have ILL St+6 so far and an NBA play going,
    what say you,lol.


    Definitely Greensboro, might have a writeup later
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    anything your going on today?
    I have ILL St+6 so far and an NBA play going,
    what say you,lol.


    Definitely Greensboro, might have a writeup later
     
    tonislug
    tonislug
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 310
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 4:00 PM ET #1117

    KP, any thoughts on south alabama+9, elon+13.5 or ark. st.+10.5?
    Reply
    KP, any thoughts on south alabama+9, elon+13.5 or ark. st.+10.5?
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 5:12 PM ET #1118

    Quote Originally Posted by tonislug:

    KP, any thoughts on south alabama+9, elon+13.5 or ark. st.+10.5?


    Sorry, just saw this - Don't like any of them actually - gave South Alabama and Elon strong looks and while I like getting points, couldn't justify making either play
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tonislug:

    KP, any thoughts on south alabama+9, elon+13.5 or ark. st.+10.5?


    Sorry, just saw this - Don't like any of them actually - gave South Alabama and Elon strong looks and while I like getting points, couldn't justify making either play
     
    HiHoldem
    HiHoldem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 2741
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 5:12 PM ET #1119

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

     


    Now this number trends up or down based on how I'm doing.  If I have being winning and my bankroll is higher, the 1-unit play becomes a higher amount (Lets say for simple numbers I have a 10,000 bankroll, 5% would be 500 a play, if I have a good run and my bankroll is up to 15,000, then my 1-unit play now becomes 750), if I'm trending downward and my bankroll shrinking, the 1-unit play becomes a smaller amount (In the above example, lets say I lose six straight games when I have 10,000, now I'm down to 7,000 and my new 1-unit play becomes 350 instead of 500).  If you notice, this is exactly opposite of how most people do it.  Most gamblers, when they get hot, start to be even more selective of their bets as their bankroll hits new heights and right when they hit a rough patch, they start betting everything in sight in a misguided attempt to get back to the bankroll they had built up in the first place (we have all been there).  . 

    IMO, this is great money mgmt!!!!!     Too bad that i didn't use this for the last 30 years. It would have saved me a large yacht or a small lear jet....literally. So, to all you young guns, remember this if nothing else.  Also, do not chase....accept a losing day. And heaven forbid-------NO parlays or teases (if you must, only use .25 % of your bankroll). Remember, it is a grind, not a way to get rich over summer vacation.

    I do not follow these rules......but, that is what it takes to be in the 3 out of 100 that BEAT sports.

    Sports 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

     


    Now this number trends up or down based on how I'm doing.  If I have being winning and my bankroll is higher, the 1-unit play becomes a higher amount (Lets say for simple numbers I have a 10,000 bankroll, 5% would be 500 a play, if I have a good run and my bankroll is up to 15,000, then my 1-unit play now becomes 750), if I'm trending downward and my bankroll shrinking, the 1-unit play becomes a smaller amount (In the above example, lets say I lose six straight games when I have 10,000, now I'm down to 7,000 and my new 1-unit play becomes 350 instead of 500).  If you notice, this is exactly opposite of how most people do it.  Most gamblers, when they get hot, start to be even more selective of their bets as their bankroll hits new heights and right when they hit a rough patch, they start betting everything in sight in a misguided attempt to get back to the bankroll they had built up in the first place (we have all been there).  . 

    IMO, this is great money mgmt!!!!!     Too bad that i didn't use this for the last 30 years. It would have saved me a large yacht or a small lear jet....literally. So, to all you young guns, remember this if nothing else.  Also, do not chase....accept a losing day. And heaven forbid-------NO parlays or teases (if you must, only use .25 % of your bankroll). Remember, it is a grind, not a way to get rich over summer vacation.

    I do not follow these rules......but, that is what it takes to be in the 3 out of 100 that BEAT sports.

    Sports 

     
    tonislug
    tonislug
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 310
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 5:14 PM ET #1120

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:



    Sorry, just saw this - Don't like any of them actually - gave South Alabama and Elon strong looks and while I like getting points, couldn't justify making either play

     

    thanks!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:



    Sorry, just saw this - Don't like any of them actually - gave South Alabama and Elon strong looks and while I like getting points, couldn't justify making either play

     

    thanks!

     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 5:15 PM ET #1121

    Greensboro +2.5 is the only play I'm on today and its a slightly larger than normal play.  In a nutshell, I like the matchup for Greensboro with Trev Simpson back and I question the legs of the starters for Western who have logged some serious minutes these last few days. 
    Reply
    Greensboro +2.5 is the only play I'm on today and its a slightly larger than normal play.  In a nutshell, I like the matchup for Greensboro with Trev Simpson back and I question the legs of the starters for Western who have logged some serious minutes these last few days. 
     
    Kaka123
    Kaka123
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 9003
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 5:18 PM ET #1122

    @Kine

    Do you use this system in March madness or do the capping yourself? What was your record for tournament last season if you remember?
    Reply
    @Kine

    Do you use this system in March madness or do the capping yourself? What was your record for tournament last season if you remember?
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 6:02 PM ET #1123

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaka123:

    @Kine

    Do you use this system in March madness or do the capping yourself? What was your record for tournament last season if you remember?


    No, no system plays for March Madness.  I go back to my tried and true old-school numbers crunching analysis.  I only bet a few NCAA tourney games last year (should be no surprise to people who read my threads - I bet more on the CIT and NIT), but I did hit my biggest play of the year, Ohio St minus the points against my UTSA team.  Its back to matchup based breakdowns and reading on the mindset and energy of the teams playing in post-season games. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaka123:

    @Kine

    Do you use this system in March madness or do the capping yourself? What was your record for tournament last season if you remember?


    No, no system plays for March Madness.  I go back to my tried and true old-school numbers crunching analysis.  I only bet a few NCAA tourney games last year (should be no surprise to people who read my threads - I bet more on the CIT and NIT), but I did hit my biggest play of the year, Ohio St minus the points against my UTSA team.  Its back to matchup based breakdowns and reading on the mindset and energy of the teams playing in post-season games. 
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 6:04 PM ET #1124

    Quote Originally Posted by HiHoldem:

    IMO, this is great money mgmt!!!!!     Too bad that i didn't use this for the last 30 years. It would have saved me a large yacht or a small lear jet....literally. So, to all you young guns, remember this if nothing else.  Also, do not chase....accept a losing day. And heaven forbid-------NO parlays or teases (if you must, only use .25 % of your bankroll). Remember, it is a grind, not a way to get rich over summer vacation.

    I do not follow these rules......but, that is what it takes to be in the 3 out of 100 that BEAT sports.

    Sports 



    Perfect advice from Texas Dolly!  Now the only hard part is following it
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HiHoldem:

    IMO, this is great money mgmt!!!!!     Too bad that i didn't use this for the last 30 years. It would have saved me a large yacht or a small lear jet....literally. So, to all you young guns, remember this if nothing else.  Also, do not chase....accept a losing day. And heaven forbid-------NO parlays or teases (if you must, only use .25 % of your bankroll). Remember, it is a grind, not a way to get rich over summer vacation.

    I do not follow these rules......but, that is what it takes to be in the 3 out of 100 that BEAT sports.

    Sports 



    Perfect advice from Texas Dolly!  Now the only hard part is following it
     
     
    mtndew146
    mtndew146
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 2450
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2012 - 6:09 PM ET #1125

    Kine, do you cap MLB.
    Reply
    Kine, do you cap MLB.
    All Forums | College Basketball
    «First Previous 454647 ... 777879 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,218
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,927
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,697
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,342
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 686
    • MLB Playoffs 5,122
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,010
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,284
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,978

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.