Posted:
#1
Let's take a look at the point distribution of these two teams to get a better idea of how this game will be played out:
Kansas has an Amazing defense, and it mainly relies on shutting down the 2-pt game. The Kansas Jayhawks allowed only 46.2% of their opponents points to come as 2-point baskets. Out of the 347 teams in college basketball, they are the 17th team out of that 347 that allow the lowest percentage of points to be 2-point baskets.
Now allow me to couple that together with the fact that the Jayhawks have the #1 defense in the nation in opponent's 2-point conversions at holding their opponents to only 36.7%! And let's not forget, the Jayhawks are #1 in the nation in Blocks. IN THE NATION!
---------------------------------------
While those last two paragraphs are NOT what I am trying to get at in this thread, it's actually the percentage of 3-point conversions that make up their opponents total points in a game. Kansas allows the 11th HIGHEST percentage of points coming from Behind the Arc.
Now I want to highlight the Kansas St. Wildcat's offense in their last 4 games and those last 4 games being all of their conference games thus far. While the Kansas St. offense had been pretty ugly before conference play started, they have brought their A-game to the conference level. They are currently ranked #1 in 3P% at 40.5% and #1 in 2P% at 50.7% in conference or their last 4 games. Rodney McGruder, Will Spradling and Shane Southwell are killer from beyond the arc.
Understand that 3-balls are EASIER to get in the zone when playing at home infront of the home crowd. I can't count the times I've seen away teams lose their 3-point game because they are somewhere of the unfamiliar infront of hostile fans...the Wildcats will be on target tonight and are going to have to rely highly on them as it'll be a lot harder to be scoring INSIDE the arc as the Jayhawks are AMAZING their, but I'm sure the Wildcats will still get theirs inside a bit also.
---------------------------------------
The Jayhawks are a much taller team than the Wildcats and they should be playing a bit of contrasting styles of offensive basketball. The Jayhawks will try to own the inside while also kicking out to Ben McLemore and Elijah Johnson with a little bit of Travis Releford in the mix.
The Wildcat defense Allows the 13th (In the Nation) Highest Percentage of opponents points coming as 2-point baskets.
---------------------------------------
With the Wildcats using an 11-man rotation and keeping themselves fresh, I see the Wildcats being pumped up and ready to play on their Home Court in front of their Home Crowd during their Biggest Rivalry,...The Kansas Jayhawks.
---------------------------------------
If I had to to bet on a team I'd take the Kansas St. Wildcats at home at +150 odds to win SU,...but I think the best bet here is:
Kansas/Kansas St. OVER 128
Kansas has an Amazing defense, and it mainly relies on shutting down the 2-pt game. The Kansas Jayhawks allowed only 46.2% of their opponents points to come as 2-point baskets. Out of the 347 teams in college basketball, they are the 17th team out of that 347 that allow the lowest percentage of points to be 2-point baskets.
Now allow me to couple that together with the fact that the Jayhawks have the #1 defense in the nation in opponent's 2-point conversions at holding their opponents to only 36.7%! And let's not forget, the Jayhawks are #1 in the nation in Blocks. IN THE NATION!
---------------------------------------
While those last two paragraphs are NOT what I am trying to get at in this thread, it's actually the percentage of 3-point conversions that make up their opponents total points in a game. Kansas allows the 11th HIGHEST percentage of points coming from Behind the Arc.
Now I want to highlight the Kansas St. Wildcat's offense in their last 4 games and those last 4 games being all of their conference games thus far. While the Kansas St. offense had been pretty ugly before conference play started, they have brought their A-game to the conference level. They are currently ranked #1 in 3P% at 40.5% and #1 in 2P% at 50.7% in conference or their last 4 games. Rodney McGruder, Will Spradling and Shane Southwell are killer from beyond the arc.
Understand that 3-balls are EASIER to get in the zone when playing at home infront of the home crowd. I can't count the times I've seen away teams lose their 3-point game because they are somewhere of the unfamiliar infront of hostile fans...the Wildcats will be on target tonight and are going to have to rely highly on them as it'll be a lot harder to be scoring INSIDE the arc as the Jayhawks are AMAZING their, but I'm sure the Wildcats will still get theirs inside a bit also.
---------------------------------------
The Jayhawks are a much taller team than the Wildcats and they should be playing a bit of contrasting styles of offensive basketball. The Jayhawks will try to own the inside while also kicking out to Ben McLemore and Elijah Johnson with a little bit of Travis Releford in the mix.
The Wildcat defense Allows the 13th (In the Nation) Highest Percentage of opponents points coming as 2-point baskets.
---------------------------------------
With the Wildcats using an 11-man rotation and keeping themselves fresh, I see the Wildcats being pumped up and ready to play on their Home Court in front of their Home Crowd during their Biggest Rivalry,...The Kansas Jayhawks.
---------------------------------------
If I had to to bet on a team I'd take the Kansas St. Wildcats at home at +150 odds to win SU,...but I think the best bet here is:
Kansas/Kansas St. OVER 128
