• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Auburn @ Vandy Shitfest

    123 Next Last»
    jimmydafreak
    trackem
    YACKER
    RetainLane
    SportsFreak69
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 10181
    Posts: 54
    123 Next Last»
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 10:48 AM ET #1

    Before the season began there were many on here touting Auburn as an up and coming program.  I said this was a team in complete disarray, and that they were coming apart at the seems.  I said they didn't have a SEC caliber QB on the roster, and that their offense would be dreadful.  I also said not expect much improvement from their 100th ranked (approximately) defense.  I advised fading Auburn early and often, and I have followed my own advice.  My opinion on the Auburn program was largely dismissed as the rantings of a wishful Alabama fan.

    I say all that to demonstrate that I have probably been more bearish on Auburn than any poster on Covers, and to provide some is credibility to my belief that I actually think Auburn will beat Vandy this Saturday . . . at the very least will cover the 7.

    The two guys who run Vandy's offense (John Donovan & Herb Hand) hail from the Rich Rod & Gus Malzahn schools of spread offenses.  Hand in fact was co-offensive coordinator with Gus Malzahn at Tulsa, and the fingerprints of the Malzahn's spread offensive philosophy are all over Vandy's offense.  Malzahn, of course, was the offensive coordinator at Auburn for three seasons prior to taking the Arky State job.  In other words, Vandy's offense is something Auburn is quite familiar with.

    With Auburn's woes at QB, they finally resorted to burning the redshirt of freshman Jonathan Wallace.  Wallace has quite frankly been the best QB on the roster even during fall camp.  Chizik really didn't want to play him this season, but with his job clearly on the chopping block, he's resorted to the Triple Lindy so to speak.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDMMYT3vkTk 

    I actually think Wallace will help provide a spark for this dreadful offense, and I think Auburn puts together their best performance of the season and wins an ugly low-scoring slug(shit)fest 16-13.

    Auburn +7
    Auburn UDML
    Under 21 (1st Half)
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Before the season began there were many on here touting Auburn as an up and coming program.  I said this was a team in complete disarray, and that they were coming apart at the seems.  I said they didn't have a SEC caliber QB on the roster, and that their offense would be dreadful.  I also said not expect much improvement from their 100th ranked (approximately) defense.  I advised fading Auburn early and often, and I have followed my own advice.  My opinion on the Auburn program was largely dismissed as the rantings of a wishful Alabama fan.

    I say all that to demonstrate that I have probably been more bearish on Auburn than any poster on Covers, and to provide some is credibility to my belief that I actually think Auburn will beat Vandy this Saturday . . . at the very least will cover the 7.

    The two guys who run Vandy's offense (John Donovan & Herb Hand) hail from the Rich Rod & Gus Malzahn schools of spread offenses.  Hand in fact was co-offensive coordinator with Gus Malzahn at Tulsa, and the fingerprints of the Malzahn's spread offensive philosophy are all over Vandy's offense.  Malzahn, of course, was the offensive coordinator at Auburn for three seasons prior to taking the Arky State job.  In other words, Vandy's offense is something Auburn is quite familiar with.

    With Auburn's woes at QB, they finally resorted to burning the redshirt of freshman Jonathan Wallace.  Wallace has quite frankly been the best QB on the roster even during fall camp.  Chizik really didn't want to play him this season, but with his job clearly on the chopping block, he's resorted to the Triple Lindy so to speak.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDMMYT3vkTk 

    I actually think Wallace will help provide a spark for this dreadful offense, and I think Auburn puts together their best performance of the season and wins an ugly low-scoring slug(shit)fest 16-13.

    Auburn +7
    Auburn UDML
    Under 21 (1st Half)
     
    trackem
    trackem
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 1228
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 10:58 AM ET #2

    Last week was not the first time Wallace played. I am on Vandy this week. The ship is sinking. Vandy has something to play for, Auburn does not.
    Reply
    Last week was not the first time Wallace played. I am on Vandy this week. The ship is sinking. Vandy has something to play for, Auburn does not.
     
    YACKER
    YACKER
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 1458
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 11:03 AM ET #3

    Love the play Jimmy! The Vandy offense just isn't scoring good enough to lay 7 against anyone in the SEC. Also I saw somewhere that Vandy has only been favored in 11 SEC games since 2000 and they are only 4-7 SU in those games. I wouldn't put any on the ML here but I like AU at +7 as well. GL

    Reply

    Love the play Jimmy! The Vandy offense just isn't scoring good enough to lay 7 against anyone in the SEC. Also I saw somewhere that Vandy has only been favored in 11 SEC games since 2000 and they are only 4-7 SU in those games. I wouldn't put any on the ML here but I like AU at +7 as well. GL

     
    YACKER
    YACKER
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 1458
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 11:06 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by trackem:

    Last week was not the first time Wallace played. I am on Vandy this week. The ship is sinking. Vandy has something to play for, Auburn does not.

    I think taking AU in the first half is probably worth a play. They have been awful in the 4th quarter of games which would scare me if AU is tied or only down by a couple of points heading into the 4th qtr. Chiz has his back to the wall like never before. We will see what happens but IMO this Vandy offense shouldn't be laying 7 to anyone in the SEC except maybe Kentucky.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by trackem:

    Last week was not the first time Wallace played. I am on Vandy this week. The ship is sinking. Vandy has something to play for, Auburn does not.

    I think taking AU in the first half is probably worth a play. They have been awful in the 4th quarter of games which would scare me if AU is tied or only down by a couple of points heading into the 4th qtr. Chiz has his back to the wall like never before. We will see what happens but IMO this Vandy offense shouldn't be laying 7 to anyone in the SEC except maybe Kentucky.

     
    RetainLane
    RetainLane
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 1106
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 11:06 AM ET #5

    Was curious about your take on this game. BOL 
    Reply
    Was curious about your take on this game. BOL 
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 11:48 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by trackem:

    Last week was not the first time Wallace played. I am on Vandy this week. The ship is sinking. Vandy has something to play for, Auburn does not.


    Didn't realize Wallace had played prior to last week.  Let me ask you a question.  Who do you think the best QB on the roster is???  I say Wallace then Mosley.

    I agree Vandy has a lot to play for.  With their hardest SEC games in the rear view mirror, they still have a legit shot to to get to 6 wins and become bowl eligible.  So yes, this is a huge game for Vandy.

    This was a low-scoring 14-13 shitfest last season, and I think we'll see a very similar type game again this season.  I don't see Vandy winning this game by more than a touchdown.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by trackem:

    Last week was not the first time Wallace played. I am on Vandy this week. The ship is sinking. Vandy has something to play for, Auburn does not.


    Didn't realize Wallace had played prior to last week.  Let me ask you a question.  Who do you think the best QB on the roster is???  I say Wallace then Mosley.

    I agree Vandy has a lot to play for.  With their hardest SEC games in the rear view mirror, they still have a legit shot to to get to 6 wins and become bowl eligible.  So yes, this is a huge game for Vandy.

    This was a low-scoring 14-13 shitfest last season, and I think we'll see a very similar type game again this season.  I don't see Vandy winning this game by more than a touchdown.


     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 11:50 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by YACKER:

    I think taking AU in the first half is probably worth a play. They have been awful in the 4th quarter of games which would scare me if AU is tied or only down by a couple of points heading into the 4th qtr. Chiz has his back to the wall like never before. We will see what happens but IMO this Vandy offense shouldn't be laying 7 to anyone in the SEC except maybe Kentucky.



      First half is actually a brilliant idea.  I like it!!!


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by YACKER:

    I think taking AU in the first half is probably worth a play. They have been awful in the 4th quarter of games which would scare me if AU is tied or only down by a couple of points heading into the 4th qtr. Chiz has his back to the wall like never before. We will see what happens but IMO this Vandy offense shouldn't be laying 7 to anyone in the SEC except maybe Kentucky.



      First half is actually a brilliant idea.  I like it!!!


     
    SportsFreak69
    SportsFreak69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 36843
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 12:00 PM ET #8

    Best of Luck  
    Reply
    Best of Luck  
     
    abizzo24
    abizzo24
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 2537
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 12:06 PM ET #9

    I don't think Wallace has thrown a pass yet this yr
    Reply
    I don't think Wallace has thrown a pass yet this yr
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 12:41 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by abizzo24:

    I don't think Wallace has thrown a pass yet this yr


    Wallace won;t play the entire game.  In fact he won;t even start.  He'll get spot duty.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by abizzo24:

    I don't think Wallace has thrown a pass yet this yr


    Wallace won;t play the entire game.  In fact he won;t even start.  He'll get spot duty.


     
    hawgpix
    hawgpix
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 1946
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 1:17 PM ET #11

    Might have been lack of 1st team duty for Mosely, buy they moved ball much better with Frazier vs Ark.  Kids got talent, just no line if Ark got to him that much.  Coach needed to let him know to throw it away occasionally!! lol.  Offense completely shut down it seemed when Mosely came in.  Didn't get to watch Ole Miss game.
    Reply
    Might have been lack of 1st team duty for Mosely, buy they moved ball much better with Frazier vs Ark.  Kids got talent, just no line if Ark got to him that much.  Coach needed to let him know to throw it away occasionally!! lol.  Offense completely shut down it seemed when Mosely came in.  Didn't get to watch Ole Miss game.
     
    YACKER
    YACKER
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 1458
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 1:34 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by hawgpix:

    Might have been lack of 1st team duty for Mosely, buy they moved ball much better with Frazier vs Ark.  Kids got talent, just no line if Ark got to him that much.  Coach needed to let him know to throw it away occasionally!! lol.  Offense completely shut down it seemed when Mosely came in.  Didn't get to watch Ole Miss game.

    Weird move by Auburn staff in the Arkansas game...Frazier had a pretty good half except for taking a couple of bad sacks. He threw the great and gave them the best chance to win. The they follow that up with naming Mosley the starter against Ole Miss. Grasping at straws!

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by hawgpix:

    Might have been lack of 1st team duty for Mosely, buy they moved ball much better with Frazier vs Ark.  Kids got talent, just no line if Ark got to him that much.  Coach needed to let him know to throw it away occasionally!! lol.  Offense completely shut down it seemed when Mosely came in.  Didn't get to watch Ole Miss game.

    Weird move by Auburn staff in the Arkansas game...Frazier had a pretty good half except for taking a couple of bad sacks. He threw the great and gave them the best chance to win. The they follow that up with naming Mosley the starter against Ole Miss. Grasping at straws!

     

     
    MarchMadness05
    MarchMadness05
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 1496
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 1:35 PM ET #13

    Auburn
    Reply
    Auburn
     
    thekeynone
    thekeynone
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 737
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 2:05 PM ET #14

    BOL Jimmy!!! Like your call!
    Reply
    BOL Jimmy!!! Like your call!
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 2:10 PM ET #15

    I was aware of Auburn before the season because I knew they were running the Addazio offense. 
    Reply
    I was aware of Auburn before the season because I knew they were running the Addazio offense. 
     
    sivotco7
    sivotco7
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 2:24 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by trackem:

    Last week was not the first time Wallace played. I am on Vandy this week. The ship is sinking. Vandy has something to play for, Auburn does not.



    i too am an auburn fan, but if we beat vandy, then chiz wont b fired b4 the end of the season---thats bad for us--itll put the program years behind
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by trackem:

    Last week was not the first time Wallace played. I am on Vandy this week. The ship is sinking. Vandy has something to play for, Auburn does not.



    i too am an auburn fan, but if we beat vandy, then chiz wont b fired b4 the end of the season---thats bad for us--itll put the program years behind
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 2:38 PM ET #17

    I agree, if he loses this week he might get the Zook treatment after the MSU game in 04..
    Reply
    I agree, if he loses this week he might get the Zook treatment after the MSU game in 04..
     
    tonesparkz
    tonesparkz
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 446
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 2:47 PM ET #18

    FUNNY THING about this game i totally agree with ur analysis i also have Auburn squeakin out a win against vandy and will also be on aub +7 and the ML when its out on my book. other underdogs i think win straight up this week pen st, indiana, ULM, and maybe Uconn..GL with your plays this week..

    Reply

    FUNNY THING about this game i totally agree with ur analysis i also have Auburn squeakin out a win against vandy and will also be on aub +7 and the ML when its out on my book. other underdogs i think win straight up this week pen st, indiana, ULM, and maybe Uconn..GL with your plays this week..

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 3:18 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    I was aware of Auburn before the season because I knew they were running the Addazio offense. 


    I know you saw the Auburn train wreck coming because you and I were the only two arguing against the "Auburn is going the compete for the SEC West" crowd.  Addazio's offense was not the impetus for my beliefs.  Deep-seeded internal problems was the reason I thought they would implode.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    I was aware of Auburn before the season because I knew they were running the Addazio offense. 


    I know you saw the Auburn train wreck coming because you and I were the only two arguing against the "Auburn is going the compete for the SEC West" crowd.  Addazio's offense was not the impetus for my beliefs.  Deep-seeded internal problems was the reason I thought they would implode.


     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 3:20 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by sivotco7:




    i too am an auburn fan, but if we beat vandy, then chiz wont b fired b4 the end of the season---thats bad for us--itll put the program years behind


    I agree with you to some extent.  I agree retaining Chizik would be a disaster for the program.  I disagree that a win over Vandy will save his job.  I think for Chizik to save his job he'll have to become bowl eligible.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sivotco7:




    i too am an auburn fan, but if we beat vandy, then chiz wont b fired b4 the end of the season---thats bad for us--itll put the program years behind


    I agree with you to some extent.  I agree retaining Chizik would be a disaster for the program.  I disagree that a win over Vandy will save his job.  I think for Chizik to save his job he'll have to become bowl eligible.


     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 3:23 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by tonesparkz:

    FUNNY THING about this game i totally agree with ur analysis i also have Auburn squeakin out a win against vandy and will also be on aub +7 and the ML when its out on my book. other underdogs i think win straight up this week pen st, indiana, ULM, and maybe Uconn..GL with your plays this week..



    I'm actually going to follow Yacker's advice and bet Auburn 1st half.  I think that is the better bet.  I'll stick with the 1st half under.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tonesparkz:

    FUNNY THING about this game i totally agree with ur analysis i also have Auburn squeakin out a win against vandy and will also be on aub +7 and the ML when its out on my book. other underdogs i think win straight up this week pen st, indiana, ULM, and maybe Uconn..GL with your plays this week..



    I'm actually going to follow Yacker's advice and bet Auburn 1st half.  I think that is the better bet.  I'll stick with the 1st half under.

     
    packers1992
    packers1992
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 11854
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 3:27 PM ET #22

    fyi jimmy if you rememeber my preseason SEC predictions i said 6-6 for auburn. With the loss to Ole Miss i don't see that happening. As for Chizik he has a 7.5 million dollar buyout so if he's fired they aren't hiring a name coach petrino etc nor should they hire Petrino. Auburn is comparing themselves to Alabama which is stupid

    They ran Malzahn out/his nutjob wife ran Malzahn out wow they won a title not too long ago

    Reply

    fyi jimmy if you rememeber my preseason SEC predictions i said 6-6 for auburn. With the loss to Ole Miss i don't see that happening. As for Chizik he has a 7.5 million dollar buyout so if he's fired they aren't hiring a name coach petrino etc nor should they hire Petrino. Auburn is comparing themselves to Alabama which is stupid

    They ran Malzahn out/his nutjob wife ran Malzahn out wow they won a title not too long ago

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 3:55 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by packers1992:

    fyi jimmy if you rememeber my preseason SEC predictions i said 6-6 for auburn. With the loss to Ole Miss i don't see that happening. As for Chizik he has a 7.5 million dollar buyout so if he's fired they aren't hiring a name coach petrino etc nor should they hire Petrino. Auburn is comparing themselves to Alabama which is stupid

    They ran Malzahn out/his nutjob wife ran Malzahn out wow they won a title not too long ago



    It wasn't long ago that Auburn beat Alabama 6 times in a row in the Iron Bowl, so I think they absolutely should strive to be competitive with their in-state rivals.  I think that goes without saying.

    Chizik's buyout is pro-rated monthly (the buyout started at 10 million), and would be paid out monthly over the life of the contract (December 15th 2015 in this case).  It is not a lump sum payment.

    Moreover, any income Chizik earns after he's fired will be deduct from the monthly buyout payment.  It operates exactly like Mike Shula's buyout did if you're familiar with that at all.  So while a 7.5 million dollar buyout would initially appear to be a huge impediment to getting rid of Chizik, when you actually understand the terms of the contract, it's not nearly as big of a deal as it seems.  In short, the buyout will not save Chizik's job IMO.

    I also have my doubts that Auburn will be able to attract a top-tier coach.  While Petrino's name has been bandied about, I'm not sure if he's a legitimate prospect for the job.  Honestly I think hiring Petrino will cause more problems than it solves.  I think that would be a very bad hire for Auburn.
     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by packers1992:

    fyi jimmy if you rememeber my preseason SEC predictions i said 6-6 for auburn. With the loss to Ole Miss i don't see that happening. As for Chizik he has a 7.5 million dollar buyout so if he's fired they aren't hiring a name coach petrino etc nor should they hire Petrino. Auburn is comparing themselves to Alabama which is stupid

    They ran Malzahn out/his nutjob wife ran Malzahn out wow they won a title not too long ago



    It wasn't long ago that Auburn beat Alabama 6 times in a row in the Iron Bowl, so I think they absolutely should strive to be competitive with their in-state rivals.  I think that goes without saying.

    Chizik's buyout is pro-rated monthly (the buyout started at 10 million), and would be paid out monthly over the life of the contract (December 15th 2015 in this case).  It is not a lump sum payment.

    Moreover, any income Chizik earns after he's fired will be deduct from the monthly buyout payment.  It operates exactly like Mike Shula's buyout did if you're familiar with that at all.  So while a 7.5 million dollar buyout would initially appear to be a huge impediment to getting rid of Chizik, when you actually understand the terms of the contract, it's not nearly as big of a deal as it seems.  In short, the buyout will not save Chizik's job IMO.

    I also have my doubts that Auburn will be able to attract a top-tier coach.  While Petrino's name has been bandied about, I'm not sure if he's a legitimate prospect for the job.  Honestly I think hiring Petrino will cause more problems than it solves.  I think that would be a very bad hire for Auburn.
     

     
    usmabama
    usmabama
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 696
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 4:11 PM ET #24

    Jimmy, I've been on the same page with you all year about Auburn. I told Auburn friends of mine they'd be lucky to make a bowl, but I was still surprised to see Vandy favored by a TD. I think AU wins this one outright. BOL as always and ROLL TIDE!
    Reply
    Jimmy, I've been on the same page with you all year about Auburn. I told Auburn friends of mine they'd be lucky to make a bowl, but I was still surprised to see Vandy favored by a TD. I think AU wins this one outright. BOL as always and ROLL TIDE!
     
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Oct. 17, 2012 - 4:16 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



    I know you saw the Auburn train wreck coming because you and I were the only two arguing against the "Auburn is going the compete for the SEC West" crowd.  Addazio's offense was not the impetus for my beliefs.  Deep-seeded internal problems was the reason I thought they would implode.



    We were also the only ones that saw UF competing for the East.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:



    I know you saw the Auburn train wreck coming because you and I were the only two arguing against the "Auburn is going the compete for the SEC West" crowd.  Addazio's offense was not the impetus for my beliefs.  Deep-seeded internal problems was the reason I thought they would implode.



    We were also the only ones that saw UF competing for the East.
    All Forums | College Football
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 905
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,307
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,097
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,122
    • Week 5 Money 6,812
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,390
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,051
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,593

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.