• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Bama/Georgia National Championship Insight

    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
    RLeith35
    Achilles1629
    tonyrome
    chucklazar
    mfrancesa
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5477
    Posts: 58
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»
     
    RLeith35
    RLeith35
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 59233
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:04 PM ET #26

    From what i understand , either the dog will win SU or the Fav
    will win & cover in these type games. So don't play on the dog
    to cover, unless u think they will win the game.
    Reply
    From what i understand , either the dog will win SU or the Fav
    will win & cover in these type games. So don't play on the dog
    to cover, unless u think they will win the game.
     
    Achilles1629
    Achilles1629
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 12504
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:04 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by mfrancesa:

    Bama just manhandled what was billed as the best D line in the country

    Georgia ran up and down the field with a Big 12 team

    Neither team played a very tough SEC schedule this year but I am far more impressed with what Bama did to get here. I think what people missed last year was how good Watson was. After a few NFL games we now know. I think we will be saying the same next year about some of these Bama players. Fromm COULD be that guy but he is just a Freshman and a Colt McCoy type comparison is more apt. But without THAT special guy you don't beat Bama. Bama doesn't need the great QB to beat GA. GA does need the great QB to beat Bama. Can they do it with the great RB, the next Hershel. Maybe. But that is a tough ask vs this run Defense. Best case for GA is they get 200 on the ground, keeping up with Bama and staying within 3. I don't see it though. You beat Bama by playing fast, keeping their big guys on the field as much as possible and tiring them out. I'm not betting that the freshman QB can keep the chains moving. And you play fast you risk mistakes vs a ball hawking defense out to score. I think this could get ugly

    That said, I think they open it up a bit. We see how good Ridley is and that Hurts can throw a bit. Bama hits a big play early and it could get ugly. I like the over as the best bet

    With all due respect amigo, how can you say Bama has been more impressive along the way? You are telling me Bamas resume is better than Georgia's? Sorry man. No way. If you couldn't see that Clemson and Bryant were way over their heads against Bama, not sure what to tell ya amigo. And if not for some costly turnovers in that game, how many points does Bama put up on offense?  When looking at Georgia against Oklahoma, they shut down Oklahoma the entire second half. I mean it was pretty evident the handcuffs were put on Oklahoma to just sleep walk for Georgia but still. You say without that special guy? They have 8400 yards total between two running backs who by the way lead college football all time in that department and there is an upgrade from Bryant to Fromm. If Hurts were a great pocket passer I could see the point of Bama being unstoppable but If Georgia can garbage down an Oklahoma offense with Mayfield for a half, should they be worried about Hurts. So many are saying if Georgia isn't able to run they are dead. I agree but why isn't it the same thing on Bamas side? Ridley is great but if the Georgia d line can keep Hurts INSIDE the pocket, you will see a Tyrod Taylor type performance from yesterday because that's what Jalen Hurts is. This Fromm kid was strongly recruited by Bama for a reason and I think people are underestimating how efficient he could be tonite. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mfrancesa:

    Bama just manhandled what was billed as the best D line in the country

    Georgia ran up and down the field with a Big 12 team

    Neither team played a very tough SEC schedule this year but I am far more impressed with what Bama did to get here. I think what people missed last year was how good Watson was. After a few NFL games we now know. I think we will be saying the same next year about some of these Bama players. Fromm COULD be that guy but he is just a Freshman and a Colt McCoy type comparison is more apt. But without THAT special guy you don't beat Bama. Bama doesn't need the great QB to beat GA. GA does need the great QB to beat Bama. Can they do it with the great RB, the next Hershel. Maybe. But that is a tough ask vs this run Defense. Best case for GA is they get 200 on the ground, keeping up with Bama and staying within 3. I don't see it though. You beat Bama by playing fast, keeping their big guys on the field as much as possible and tiring them out. I'm not betting that the freshman QB can keep the chains moving. And you play fast you risk mistakes vs a ball hawking defense out to score. I think this could get ugly

    That said, I think they open it up a bit. We see how good Ridley is and that Hurts can throw a bit. Bama hits a big play early and it could get ugly. I like the over as the best bet

    With all due respect amigo, how can you say Bama has been more impressive along the way? You are telling me Bamas resume is better than Georgia's? Sorry man. No way. If you couldn't see that Clemson and Bryant were way over their heads against Bama, not sure what to tell ya amigo. And if not for some costly turnovers in that game, how many points does Bama put up on offense?  When looking at Georgia against Oklahoma, they shut down Oklahoma the entire second half. I mean it was pretty evident the handcuffs were put on Oklahoma to just sleep walk for Georgia but still. You say without that special guy? They have 8400 yards total between two running backs who by the way lead college football all time in that department and there is an upgrade from Bryant to Fromm. If Hurts were a great pocket passer I could see the point of Bama being unstoppable but If Georgia can garbage down an Oklahoma offense with Mayfield for a half, should they be worried about Hurts. So many are saying if Georgia isn't able to run they are dead. I agree but why isn't it the same thing on Bamas side? Ridley is great but if the Georgia d line can keep Hurts INSIDE the pocket, you will see a Tyrod Taylor type performance from yesterday because that's what Jalen Hurts is. This Fromm kid was strongly recruited by Bama for a reason and I think people are underestimating how efficient he could be tonite. 

     
    Achilles1629
    Achilles1629
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 12504
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:06 PM ET #28

    I may sound like I'm pro Georgia here but I'm not. I'm just trying to sift through everything for tonite so that we can all make the right plays. Hopefully this thread is helpInt.....
    Reply
    I may sound like I'm pro Georgia here but I'm not. I'm just trying to sift through everything for tonite so that we can all make the right plays. Hopefully this thread is helpInt.....
     
    tonyrome
    tonyrome
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 3140
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:12 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1629:

    I may sound like I'm pro Georgia here but I'm not. I'm just trying to sift through everything for tonite so that we can all make the right plays. Hopefully this thread is helpInt.....

    Good stuff. Hash it out.
    I am wondering if the smarter play is on the total?
    GL
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1629:

    I may sound like I'm pro Georgia here but I'm not. I'm just trying to sift through everything for tonite so that we can all make the right plays. Hopefully this thread is helpInt.....

    Good stuff. Hash it out.
    I am wondering if the smarter play is on the total?
    GL
     
    chucklazar
    chucklazar
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 19
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:18 PM ET #30

    This game will look exactly as the Buffalo, Jax game yesterday. Both are clones of each other and it will come down to which QB will be able to hit the open receiver. Hurts played one of his worst games last week and won because of the defensive turnovers.

    He missed seeing the open receivers all during the game. His one TD came with a scramble to thr right and Ridley came across. But Ridley was wide open in the endzone and Hurts had no clue.

    Ga has three better running backs that Clemson lacked. They showed up late in the second half of that OKl  game. Sure OKL isn't Bama when it comes to defense, but Bama hasn't faced a team with the likes of Michael and Chubb

    Reply

    This game will look exactly as the Buffalo, Jax game yesterday. Both are clones of each other and it will come down to which QB will be able to hit the open receiver. Hurts played one of his worst games last week and won because of the defensive turnovers.

    He missed seeing the open receivers all during the game. His one TD came with a scramble to thr right and Ridley came across. But Ridley was wide open in the endzone and Hurts had no clue.

    Ga has three better running backs that Clemson lacked. They showed up late in the second half of that OKl  game. Sure OKL isn't Bama when it comes to defense, but Bama hasn't faced a team with the likes of Michael and Chubb

     
    mfrancesa
    mfrancesa
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 350
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:21 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1629:


    With all due respect amigo, how can you say Bama has been more impressive along the way? You are telling me Bamas resume is better than Georgia's? Sorry man. No way. If you couldn't see that Clemson and Bryant were way over their heads against Bama, not sure what to tell ya amigo. And if not for some costly turnovers in that game, how many points does Bama put up on offense?  When looking at Georgia against Oklahoma, they shut down Oklahoma the entire second half. I mean it was pretty evident the handcuffs were put on Oklahoma to just sleep walk for Georgia but still. You say without that special guy? They have 8400 yards total between two running backs who by the way lead college football all time in that department and there is an upgrade from Bryant to Fromm. If Hurts were a great pocket passer I could see the point of Bama being unstoppable but If Georgia can garbage down an Oklahoma offense with Mayfield for a half, should they be worried about Hurts. So many are saying if Georgia isn't able to run they are dead. I agree but why isn't it the same thing on Bamas side? Ridley is great but if the Georgia d line can keep Hurts INSIDE the pocket, you will see a Tyrod Taylor type performance from yesterday because that's what Jalen Hurts is. This Fromm kid was strongly recruited by Bama for a reason and I think people are underestimating how efficient he could be tonite. 



    The Big 12 is a crap conference. Beating the top team in the ACC and #1 team in the country is a FAR more impressive win. It was how they manhandled that Clemson defense that impressed most. Why won't they do same vs. GA. 

    I believe just like last game Saban gets Hurts out of the pocket. I believe that Bama has offense if they need it. Ridley is a superstar. IF they were to get down in the game I believe that they can open things up and make big plays. I think they may even start the game with a bomb to Ridley

    THAT guy is always a QB. Just like ODell Beckham and Reuban Randle couldn't help LSU beat them, the GA RB's can't lead a team to victory. 

    It comes down to Fromm. I may be underestimating him. He was HIGHLY recruited. But again he is a freshman

    How many points has GA put up vs good defenses? Look at S Carolina game, or the Auburn games. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1629:


    With all due respect amigo, how can you say Bama has been more impressive along the way? You are telling me Bamas resume is better than Georgia's? Sorry man. No way. If you couldn't see that Clemson and Bryant were way over their heads against Bama, not sure what to tell ya amigo. And if not for some costly turnovers in that game, how many points does Bama put up on offense?  When looking at Georgia against Oklahoma, they shut down Oklahoma the entire second half. I mean it was pretty evident the handcuffs were put on Oklahoma to just sleep walk for Georgia but still. You say without that special guy? They have 8400 yards total between two running backs who by the way lead college football all time in that department and there is an upgrade from Bryant to Fromm. If Hurts were a great pocket passer I could see the point of Bama being unstoppable but If Georgia can garbage down an Oklahoma offense with Mayfield for a half, should they be worried about Hurts. So many are saying if Georgia isn't able to run they are dead. I agree but why isn't it the same thing on Bamas side? Ridley is great but if the Georgia d line can keep Hurts INSIDE the pocket, you will see a Tyrod Taylor type performance from yesterday because that's what Jalen Hurts is. This Fromm kid was strongly recruited by Bama for a reason and I think people are underestimating how efficient he could be tonite. 



    The Big 12 is a crap conference. Beating the top team in the ACC and #1 team in the country is a FAR more impressive win. It was how they manhandled that Clemson defense that impressed most. Why won't they do same vs. GA. 

    I believe just like last game Saban gets Hurts out of the pocket. I believe that Bama has offense if they need it. Ridley is a superstar. IF they were to get down in the game I believe that they can open things up and make big plays. I think they may even start the game with a bomb to Ridley

    THAT guy is always a QB. Just like ODell Beckham and Reuban Randle couldn't help LSU beat them, the GA RB's can't lead a team to victory. 

    It comes down to Fromm. I may be underestimating him. He was HIGHLY recruited. But again he is a freshman

    How many points has GA put up vs good defenses? Look at S Carolina game, or the Auburn games. 
     
    mfrancesa
    mfrancesa
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 350
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:23 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:


    Good stuff. Hash it out.
    I am wondering if the smarter play is on the total?
    GL

    OVER Best Bet
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:


    Good stuff. Hash it out.
    I am wondering if the smarter play is on the total?
    GL

    OVER Best Bet
     
    Achilles1629
    Achilles1629
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 12504
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 4:59 PM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:


    SO CRAP CONFERENCE =
    BIG 12 BOWLS 5-3
    ACC BOWLS 4-6
    SEC BOWLS 4-5

    SO MANHANDLED =
    261 OF TOTAL OFFENSE VS CLEMSON WITH BETTER FIELD POSITION ALL GAME

    Yeah I don't understand either. Clemson has Bryant as their qb. We all knew he'd have problems against that Bama defense. Again though.....did Hurts and Bama dominate on offense? Nope. So I agree QMich. Georgia defense may not be as good as Clemson but they have a better qb and run game.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:


    SO CRAP CONFERENCE =
    BIG 12 BOWLS 5-3
    ACC BOWLS 4-6
    SEC BOWLS 4-5

    SO MANHANDLED =
    261 OF TOTAL OFFENSE VS CLEMSON WITH BETTER FIELD POSITION ALL GAME

    Yeah I don't understand either. Clemson has Bryant as their qb. We all knew he'd have problems against that Bama defense. Again though.....did Hurts and Bama dominate on offense? Nope. So I agree QMich. Georgia defense may not be as good as Clemson but they have a better qb and run game.

     
    Jimkellybeer
    Jimkellybeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 1355
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 5:10 PM ET #34

    I find the ML's to be wayyyy off.  

    I just got UGA at +175, I thought they were going to be at least +2.


    Reply
    I find the ML's to be wayyyy off.  

    I just got UGA at +175, I thought they were going to be at least +2.


     
    usikbasterd
    usikbasterd
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 3236
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 5:16 PM ET #35

    do people even remember the 2015 game when cardale jones beat alabama? given it was sims at qb but hurts is not better imo. everyone wrote off OSU for that game and we all know how that ended...nobody talks about that game, the reason why i bring it up is because alabama is BEATABLE. everyone talks about saban killing his former assistants, well i saw saw the list of games...most of them were against JIM MCELWAIN, WILL MUSCHAMP, AND DEREK DOOLEY!!! DEREK DOOLEY? R U FRICKIN KIDDING ME? and most of those games were meaningless regular season games..none of those teams saban beat were even close to being as good or talented as this georgia squad. just my 2 cents. BOL to all 

    Reply

    do people even remember the 2015 game when cardale jones beat alabama? given it was sims at qb but hurts is not better imo. everyone wrote off OSU for that game and we all know how that ended...nobody talks about that game, the reason why i bring it up is because alabama is BEATABLE. everyone talks about saban killing his former assistants, well i saw saw the list of games...most of them were against JIM MCELWAIN, WILL MUSCHAMP, AND DEREK DOOLEY!!! DEREK DOOLEY? R U FRICKIN KIDDING ME? and most of those games were meaningless regular season games..none of those teams saban beat were even close to being as good or talented as this georgia squad. just my 2 cents. BOL to all 

     
    mfrancesa
    mfrancesa
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 350
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 5:19 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:


    SO CRAP CONFERENCE =
    BIG 12 BOWLS 5-3
    ACC BOWLS 4-6
    SEC BOWLS 4-5

    SO MANHANDLED =
    261 OF TOTAL OFFENSE VS CLEMSON WITH BETTER FIELD POSITION ALL GAME

    Wrong. ACC was 8-3. And that includes Miami getting absolutely hosed by the refs

    The ACC is the only conference that compares with the top of the SEC when it comes to bigger faster NFL athletes (throw Ohio St in there too if you want).

    Big 12 is complete crap. Bad defenses, spread offenses, inflated stats. Name me a good NFL QB that came from the Big 12. You can't. Dalton and Bradford. 

    I'll give GA credit for rolling through the SEC and the last win against Auburn. Beating Oklahoma? baah. And the fact that they gave up as many pts to OK as they did should concern and GA backer. Though I give them benefit of doubt being unprepared for diff style of play and figuring it out in 2nd half
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:


    SO CRAP CONFERENCE =
    BIG 12 BOWLS 5-3
    ACC BOWLS 4-6
    SEC BOWLS 4-5

    SO MANHANDLED =
    261 OF TOTAL OFFENSE VS CLEMSON WITH BETTER FIELD POSITION ALL GAME

    Wrong. ACC was 8-3. And that includes Miami getting absolutely hosed by the refs

    The ACC is the only conference that compares with the top of the SEC when it comes to bigger faster NFL athletes (throw Ohio St in there too if you want).

    Big 12 is complete crap. Bad defenses, spread offenses, inflated stats. Name me a good NFL QB that came from the Big 12. You can't. Dalton and Bradford. 

    I'll give GA credit for rolling through the SEC and the last win against Auburn. Beating Oklahoma? baah. And the fact that they gave up as many pts to OK as they did should concern and GA backer. Though I give them benefit of doubt being unprepared for diff style of play and figuring it out in 2nd half
     
    mfrancesa
    mfrancesa
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 350
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 5:35 PM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:


    WRONG!  I SEE 4 WINS & 7 LOSSES FOR THE ACC IN BOWLS.  CAN YOU REALLY GET HOSED ENOUGH TO LOSE BY 2 SCORES? 

    Dope

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2017-18-college-football-bowl-records-by-conference-big-ten-pac-12-are-opposites/
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by QMICH:


    WRONG!  I SEE 4 WINS & 7 LOSSES FOR THE ACC IN BOWLS.  CAN YOU REALLY GET HOSED ENOUGH TO LOSE BY 2 SCORES? 

    Dope

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2017-18-college-football-bowl-records-by-conference-big-ten-pac-12-are-opposites/
     
    vankiep_0007
    vankiep_0007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 24865
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 5:37 PM ET #38

    Bol tonight Bro
    Reply
    Bol tonight Bro
     
    Achilles1629
    Achilles1629
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 12504
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:06 PM ET #39

    Let's get back to the game tonite. Can we all agree that if Bama wins and covers, the books lose a boat load? Every source I am going to has Bama backers salivating and lined up out the door. Free sites, pay sites and "other" sources say basically the same thing. My point in all of this is l: do the books take it in the a$$ tonite? Or does Georgia surprise and at least cover tonite? 
    Reply
    Let's get back to the game tonite. Can we all agree that if Bama wins and covers, the books lose a boat load? Every source I am going to has Bama backers salivating and lined up out the door. Free sites, pay sites and "other" sources say basically the same thing. My point in all of this is l: do the books take it in the a$$ tonite? Or does Georgia surprise and at least cover tonite? 
     
    astra
    astra
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:10 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1629:

    Let's get back to the game tonite. Can we all agree that if Bama wins and covers, the books lose a boat load? Every source I am going to has Bama backers salivating and lined up out the door. Free sites, pay sites and "other" sources say basically the same thing. My point in all of this is l: do the books take it in the a$$ tonite? Or does Georgia surprise and at least cover tonite?

    Cant take credit for this but....   Services giving out GA 26 and Ala 23.  Ov 4 and Un 10.   More on Ala but its like 55% vs 45%.  Not overwhelmingly Ala....    I used to count all of the services but stopped, it took too much time...    Anyhow, hope this helps.  

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles1629:

    Let's get back to the game tonite. Can we all agree that if Bama wins and covers, the books lose a boat load? Every source I am going to has Bama backers salivating and lined up out the door. Free sites, pay sites and "other" sources say basically the same thing. My point in all of this is l: do the books take it in the a$$ tonite? Or does Georgia surprise and at least cover tonite?

    Cant take credit for this but....   Services giving out GA 26 and Ala 23.  Ov 4 and Un 10.   More on Ala but its like 55% vs 45%.  Not overwhelmingly Ala....    I used to count all of the services but stopped, it took too much time...    Anyhow, hope this helps.  

     
    RLeith35
    RLeith35
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 59233
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:14 PM ET #41

    Like i stated before if uthink Bama wins, then take'em, if the dog losses
    the dog does not cover & vice versa . That is how these kind of games play out.
    Reply
    Like i stated before if uthink Bama wins, then take'em, if the dog losses
    the dog does not cover & vice versa . That is how these kind of games play out.
     
    Achilles1629
    Achilles1629
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 12504
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:18 PM ET #42

    An interesting find: Georgia is at -200 for +7.5. Bama ML is at -200. Something to think about if you are planning on taking Bama ML rather than Bama spread.
    Reply
    An interesting find: Georgia is at -200 for +7.5. Bama ML is at -200. Something to think about if you are planning on taking Bama ML rather than Bama spread.
     
    RLeith35
    RLeith35
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 59233
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:23 PM ET #43

    Why don't u tease one, i have got Bama+8, would u take that bet?
    Just tease the game at 10 or 11 pts or whatever with a NFL TEAM
    this weekend , play it that way, i did. except i won the first part
    with Carolina +18 ( lol) GL Whatever u do!
    Reply
    Why don't u tease one, i have got Bama+8, would u take that bet?
    Just tease the game at 10 or 11 pts or whatever with a NFL TEAM
    this weekend , play it that way, i did. except i won the first part
    with Carolina +18 ( lol) GL Whatever u do!
     
    Achilles1629
    Achilles1629
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 12504
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:30 PM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeith35:

    Why don't u tease one, i have got Bama+8, would u take that bet?
    Just tease the game at 10 or 11 pts or whatever with a NFL TEAM
    this weekend , play it that way, i did. except i won the first part
    with Carolina +18 ( lol) GL Whatever u do!

    I usually agree with the idea that if the dug covers in these type games they usually win yet here, there are so many angles. Part of me says I can't see Saban losing two in a row to pupils especially with a chance of getting number 6. The same reason why I'm picking the Steelers this year against the pats im the AFC title game if they play this year should be the same reason I'd back Bama. Call it what you want but both Bama and Pittsburgh rolled over last year. Especially with Saban this year, I have a hard time seeing him do it in consecutive years.

    On the other hand, I can't see the books taking a beatdown in this game either. And right now, money is heavily bet towards Bama. So why I may disagree with the idea that the dig can't cover here and lose at the same time, I would do both big angles justice. Saban gets his 6th but the books get their money. Bama ML may be the "safest" play of the nite but I feel there is so value out there with Georgia spread. Call me crazy but that line is waaaaay off imo and when I feel that way I have to think of the intent behind it.



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by RLeith35:

    Why don't u tease one, i have got Bama+8, would u take that bet?
    Just tease the game at 10 or 11 pts or whatever with a NFL TEAM
    this weekend , play it that way, i did. except i won the first part
    with Carolina +18 ( lol) GL Whatever u do!

    I usually agree with the idea that if the dug covers in these type games they usually win yet here, there are so many angles. Part of me says I can't see Saban losing two in a row to pupils especially with a chance of getting number 6. The same reason why I'm picking the Steelers this year against the pats im the AFC title game if they play this year should be the same reason I'd back Bama. Call it what you want but both Bama and Pittsburgh rolled over last year. Especially with Saban this year, I have a hard time seeing him do it in consecutive years.

    On the other hand, I can't see the books taking a beatdown in this game either. And right now, money is heavily bet towards Bama. So why I may disagree with the idea that the dig can't cover here and lose at the same time, I would do both big angles justice. Saban gets his 6th but the books get their money. Bama ML may be the "safest" play of the nite but I feel there is so value out there with Georgia spread. Call me crazy but that line is waaaaay off imo and when I feel that way I have to think of the intent behind it.



     
    RLeith35
    RLeith35
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 59233
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:48 PM ET #45

    Well how do think the books did in Wild Card games, dogs went 4-0
    & 1-3 o/u. Why try to figure out the books , they also lose. The line is right where it should be, the books have nothing to do with what will happen tonite. Home teams in Wild Card went 2-2 SU. Maybe you are overthinking about the books.
    Reply
    Well how do think the books did in Wild Card games, dogs went 4-0
    & 1-3 o/u. Why try to figure out the books , they also lose. The line is right where it should be, the books have nothing to do with what will happen tonite. Home teams in Wild Card went 2-2 SU. Maybe you are overthinking about the books.
     
    RLeith35
    RLeith35
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 59233
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:51 PM ET #46

    Sagarin ratings – Alabama -3.5
    “Vegas” Implied Projected Score: Alabama 24 Georgia 20.5
    Reply
    Sagarin ratings – Alabama -3.5
    “Vegas” Implied Projected Score: Alabama 24 Georgia 20.5
     
    Achilles1629
    Achilles1629
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 12504
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:51 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by RLeith35:

    Well how do think the books did in Wild Card games, dogs went 4-0
    & 1-3 o/u. Why try to figure out the books , they also lose. The line is right where it should be, the books have nothing to do with what will happen tonite. Home teams in Wild Card went 2-2 SU. Maybe you are overthinking about the books.

    I'm not your typical capper though. I feel these games arent totally won ON the field but I'm not gonna get into that because I know I'm in the minority there with that thinking. I always like to know if the books are exposed and in this one, it's very interesting. Not over thinking here; just making sure I hit every stone before I go forward. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by RLeith35:

    Well how do think the books did in Wild Card games, dogs went 4-0
    & 1-3 o/u. Why try to figure out the books , they also lose. The line is right where it should be, the books have nothing to do with what will happen tonite. Home teams in Wild Card went 2-2 SU. Maybe you are overthinking about the books.

    I'm not your typical capper though. I feel these games arent totally won ON the field but I'm not gonna get into that because I know I'm in the minority there with that thinking. I always like to know if the books are exposed and in this one, it's very interesting. Not over thinking here; just making sure I hit every stone before I go forward. 

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 6:52 PM ET #48

    I'm laying the 4. Just think back over the years how many times Alabama has won and covered a big game vs. how many they have not. There is your edge right there. If it loses, so be it. The sun will come up in the morning regardless and the stock markets will open (where the real money is made). 

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    I'm laying the 4. Just think back over the years how many times Alabama has won and covered a big game vs. how many they have not. There is your edge right there. If it loses, so be it. The sun will come up in the morning regardless and the stock markets will open (where the real money is made). 

     
    HappyKane
    HappyKane
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 34980
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 7:01 PM ET #49

    GL, y'all. Enjoy the game. 

    Reply
    GL, y'all. Enjoy the game. 

     
     
    Achilles1629
    Achilles1629
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 12504
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2018 - 7:04 PM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63:

    I'm laying the 4. Just think back over the years how many times Alabama has won and covered a big game vs. how many they have not. There is your edge right there. If it loses, so be it. The sun will come up in the morning regardless and the stock markets will open (where the real money is made). 


    Is this the same guy who bit my f&ckin head off a few weeks ago over ONE Play? I see you made a ne years resolution....you are cocky but that's better than being a prick. Enjoy the game wise one.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63:

    I'm laying the 4. Just think back over the years how many times Alabama has won and covered a big game vs. how many they have not. There is your edge right there. If it loses, so be it. The sun will come up in the morning regardless and the stock markets will open (where the real money is made). 


    Is this the same guy who bit my f&ckin head off a few weeks ago over ONE Play? I see you made a ne years resolution....you are cocky but that's better than being a prick. Enjoy the game wise one.

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,795
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,225
    • PART DEUX 265
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 7,101
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,600
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 2,013
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,912
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 626
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,724
    • Braves Frauds 744

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.