• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Maryland +7 and ML which I don't have vs Penn State

    12 Next Last»
    FRANKtheBANKss
    TRAIN69
    Moonstormsnow
    Cooler999
    Upside
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4210
    Posts: 35
    12 Next Last»
     
    FRANKtheBANKss
    FRANKtheBANKss
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2018
    Posts: 11038
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2019 - 2:03 PM ET #1

    Penn State will drop their first game vs a very good Maryland team. Yes Maryland lost to Temple in Philly but anyone that watched that game saw one of the most incredible games of the year. 4 goal line stands and Maryland was looking ahead and didn't respect a good Temple team in a stadium that was a tenth filled. after completely destroying its previous opponents the Terps were feeling themselves. They will be gigged as a PSU team comes in showing very little pop on the offensive side but still sporting a strong defense. Coaching is also on PSU side but not by a wide margin. PSU takes to the road for the first time after beating up on cupcakes then being completely outplayed by Pitt at home but the Pitt HC inability to take even the slightest risk resulted in a PSU goals stand on a game tying drive late. This is a perfect spot for the home dog with a veteran VT grad transfer, tons of offensive weapons that PSU has not seen the likes of this year and a fast tough Terps defense that will be able to contain the  Lions from  being able to pass with any degree of success as an inexperienced QB and Co will not be able to keep up with the Terps potent quick strike attack. GL waiting for moneyline bet line early, this line will drop. 

    God is Good and the Ball don't Lie.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Penn State will drop their first game vs a very good Maryland team. Yes Maryland lost to Temple in Philly but anyone that watched that game saw one of the most incredible games of the year. 4 goal line stands and Maryland was looking ahead and didn't respect a good Temple team in a stadium that was a tenth filled. after completely destroying its previous opponents the Terps were feeling themselves. They will be gigged as a PSU team comes in showing very little pop on the offensive side but still sporting a strong defense. Coaching is also on PSU side but not by a wide margin. PSU takes to the road for the first time after beating up on cupcakes then being completely outplayed by Pitt at home but the Pitt HC inability to take even the slightest risk resulted in a PSU goals stand on a game tying drive late. This is a perfect spot for the home dog with a veteran VT grad transfer, tons of offensive weapons that PSU has not seen the likes of this year and a fast tough Terps defense that will be able to contain the  Lions from  being able to pass with any degree of success as an inexperienced QB and Co will not be able to keep up with the Terps potent quick strike attack. GL waiting for moneyline bet line early, this line will drop. 

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55678
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2019 - 2:07 PM ET #2

    Like it


    Who else ya eyeballing? I'm workin on my udmlp 
    Reply
    Like it


    Who else ya eyeballing? I'm workin on my udmlp 
     
    Moonstormsnow
    Moonstormsnow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 2096
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2019 - 2:10 PM ET #3

    Just put that in about an hour ago. Local has it at (+197) & +6.5(-110)
    Reply
    Just put that in about an hour ago. Local has it at (+197) & +6.5(-110)
     
    Cooler999
    Cooler999
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 22233
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2019 - 2:23 PM ET #4

    I see +195 and +6.5 Frank
    Reply
    I see +195 and +6.5 Frank
     
    Upside
    Upside
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 8003
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2019 - 3:53 PM ET #5

    Mucho respect brotha ...thx for sharing ...cool

    Reply

    Mucho respect brotha ...thx for sharing ...cool

     
    GamblinDAWG
    GamblinDAWG
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 1383
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2019 - 3:57 PM ET #6

    an_nailbiter I'm on Penn St here... I think Maryland gets grounded by a Penn St squad looking to rebound and prove they belong in the Big 10 conversation. Both teams coming out of a BYE week after less than stellar performances.

    Reply

    an_nailbiter I'm on Penn St here... I think Maryland gets grounded by a Penn St squad looking to rebound and prove they belong in the Big 10 conversation. Both teams coming out of a BYE week after less than stellar performances.

     
    jackson1976
    jackson1976
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2018
    Posts: 150
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2019 - 4:01 PM ET #7

    +200 is ml on maryland. i like psu -6.5. gl but not really this time.

    Reply

    +200 is ml on maryland. i like psu -6.5. gl but not really this time.

     
    FRANKtheBANKss
    FRANKtheBANKss
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2018
    Posts: 11038
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 11:10 AM ET #8

    Have the ML +$200 locked in and 7 and 6.5. Love this game full play even if it is primetime. Love Terps at skill positions and QB also the defense should be able to turnover this PSU QB. Buffalo had them in the first half, Pitt completely out played them. Maryland was stopped on first and goal vs a Temple team they didn't respect and where looking ahead to there big 10 opener. It ain't a border war because these schools are so far apart but I believe the Terps put it one the Lions with speed and big plays at home. GL. 

    God is Good and the Ball don't Lie.
    Reply

    Have the ML +$200 locked in and 7 and 6.5. Love this game full play even if it is primetime. Love Terps at skill positions and QB also the defense should be able to turnover this PSU QB. Buffalo had them in the first half, Pitt completely out played them. Maryland was stopped on first and goal vs a Temple team they didn't respect and where looking ahead to there big 10 opener. It ain't a border war because these schools are so far apart but I believe the Terps put it one the Lions with speed and big plays at home. GL. 

     
    Moonstormsnow
    Moonstormsnow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 2096
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 11:21 AM ET #9


    QUOTE#3
    Posted: 9/27/2019 10:54:36 AM
    Penn State is #127 in college football ball on 3rd down conversion, at 23%. Maryland is #36 at 44%. With classes canceled today and a blackout, night game. The crowd should make those 3rd conversions that much more different for PSU.
    Reply

    QUOTE#3
    Posted: 9/27/2019 10:54:36 AM
    Penn State is #127 in college football ball on 3rd down conversion, at 23%. Maryland is #36 at 44%. With classes canceled today and a blackout, night game. The crowd should make those 3rd conversions that much more different for PSU.
     
    Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 5611
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 11:24 AM ET #10

    100 percent agree with your assessment. an_cheers

    SNITCHES end up being bitches, or end up with stitches, and in ditches! #REALITY
    Reply

    100 percent agree with your assessment. an_cheers

     
    FRANKtheBANKss
    FRANKtheBANKss
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2018
    Posts: 11038
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 11:53 AM ET #11

    Sometimes when I love a game this much I have to wonder is there a boss or blind spot. Was small on Navy for go reason but a made PAT gets the cover and Navy's coach again gets too aggressive in the wrong situations with the lead and play calling gets too conservative when the game is in the balance. Special teams had an 11 point direct effect in the final score. Anyway, I am a PSU fan and because of family ties an SMU fan and Temple fan. Spent time as a child on the SMU campus and attended games. Just have extremely fond memories of the team and place. I guess I am delusional but I believe Maryland will finish second in Big 10 East. I think they are really talented but may trend up and down depending on the situation. Maryland and USC are my biggest bets so far this weekend. Already have USC with line and ML but will most likely add so it rivals the size of my Maryland bet. Love to bet against teams with a famous name that has had to replace key personnel all over the field traveling to its first roadie vs a very talented team that it has abused over the years. McSorely will be sorely missed as he single handedly turn Ls into Ws and Sanders was a big place to the house RB, Oline is weaker and key Defensive players from last couple years are now in the NFL. Maryland is locked and loaded but football is a funny game and predicting the future is hard. I just don't see a path to victory for PSU unless they have zero turnovers and the Terps have three or more anyway that is enough. GL and go Terps!

    God is Good and the Ball don't Lie.
    Reply

    Sometimes when I love a game this much I have to wonder is there a boss or blind spot. Was small on Navy for go reason but a made PAT gets the cover and Navy's coach again gets too aggressive in the wrong situations with the lead and play calling gets too conservative when the game is in the balance. Special teams had an 11 point direct effect in the final score. Anyway, I am a PSU fan and because of family ties an SMU fan and Temple fan. Spent time as a child on the SMU campus and attended games. Just have extremely fond memories of the team and place. I guess I am delusional but I believe Maryland will finish second in Big 10 East. I think they are really talented but may trend up and down depending on the situation. Maryland and USC are my biggest bets so far this weekend. Already have USC with line and ML but will most likely add so it rivals the size of my Maryland bet. Love to bet against teams with a famous name that has had to replace key personnel all over the field traveling to its first roadie vs a very talented team that it has abused over the years. McSorely will be sorely missed as he single handedly turn Ls into Ws and Sanders was a big place to the house RB, Oline is weaker and key Defensive players from last couple years are now in the NFL. Maryland is locked and loaded but football is a funny game and predicting the future is hard. I just don't see a path to victory for PSU unless they have zero turnovers and the Terps have three or more anyway that is enough. GL and go Terps!

     
    dylk2010
    dylk2010
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 34
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 11:57 AM ET #12

    FranktheBANKss, do you have a YTD on these dogs ATS and ML? Just curious! Thanks for the insights.

    Reply

    FranktheBANKss, do you have a YTD on these dogs ATS and ML? Just curious! Thanks for the insights.

     
    NutinButtLove
    NutinButtLove
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 4807
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 1:31 PM ET #13

    I was eyeing this one too frank, as I expected the line to be higher, considering Penn st destroyed Maryland the last 2 times 38-3 and 66-3.

    And originally I thought Marylands loss to Temple wasnt a bad effort and Penn Sts win over Pitt wasnt too impressive. But then Temple lost to Buffalo, who PSU hammered 45-13. And Pitt beat UCF. So now the Temple loss looks worse while the close victory over Pitt looks better. However I had Pitt plus the points in that game as I expected a letdown for UCF after scoring a huge amount of points vs Stanford the week before. Didnt think theyd win straight up tho.

    Penn St tho, has to replace 2 NFL talents at the most important position while Maryland has upgraded their QB.

    But as usual games are won up front and I don't know if Maryland can win that battle. They couldnt run the ball at all last year and this year Penn st rush defense has been excellent. Despite being outgained by Pitt the Panthers rushed 24 times for 25 yards. 1 yard per carry! Buffalo had to run 58 times to crack 100 yards. Idaho st is obviously a bad team but they could only muster 4 yards the entire game onn28 attempts. 0.1 per carry.

    Maryland didnt seem to do a great job blocking vs Temple, so that is concerning, as is the fact they are missing a starting guard.

    Special teams is always key as you mentioned it was last night. Maryland had a PAT blocked and tried a fake field goal that got blown up as well. Franklin teams tend to be very solid on special teams. And again those plays seem to suggest they have blocking issues.

    But Marylands defense is also playing really well, and considering the talent PSU has had to replace this home game is probably their best shot at beating penn st in a long time. Jackson needs to have a better game as he threw a pick on their first drive last game and had their 3 last drives go for zero first downs.

    I was hoping for a high line as Locksley and Franklin used to coach together and Franklin probably wouldn't run it up on him. But perhaps that familiarity will lead to a close game anyway.

    I'm actually leaning more towards Under in this game. 2 good defenses, and while PSU is scoring 47 per game they only scored 17 vs Pitt. And again the coaches knowing each other and their tendencies can lead to a chess match. Combine that with possible rust from each team having a bye and we could get a knock down drag out.

    But I rarely play totals, even rarer in college football. I am leaning towards tailing you on this one frank, just the recent scorelines between these teams are frightening.

    Reply

    I was eyeing this one too frank, as I expected the line to be higher, considering Penn st destroyed Maryland the last 2 times 38-3 and 66-3.

    And originally I thought Marylands loss to Temple wasnt a bad effort and Penn Sts win over Pitt wasnt too impressive. But then Temple lost to Buffalo, who PSU hammered 45-13. And Pitt beat UCF. So now the Temple loss looks worse while the close victory over Pitt looks better. However I had Pitt plus the points in that game as I expected a letdown for UCF after scoring a huge amount of points vs Stanford the week before. Didnt think theyd win straight up tho.

    Penn St tho, has to replace 2 NFL talents at the most important position while Maryland has upgraded their QB.

    But as usual games are won up front and I don't know if Maryland can win that battle. They couldnt run the ball at all last year and this year Penn st rush defense has been excellent. Despite being outgained by Pitt the Panthers rushed 24 times for 25 yards. 1 yard per carry! Buffalo had to run 58 times to crack 100 yards. Idaho st is obviously a bad team but they could only muster 4 yards the entire game onn28 attempts. 0.1 per carry.

    Maryland didnt seem to do a great job blocking vs Temple, so that is concerning, as is the fact they are missing a starting guard.

    Special teams is always key as you mentioned it was last night. Maryland had a PAT blocked and tried a fake field goal that got blown up as well. Franklin teams tend to be very solid on special teams. And again those plays seem to suggest they have blocking issues.

    But Marylands defense is also playing really well, and considering the talent PSU has had to replace this home game is probably their best shot at beating penn st in a long time. Jackson needs to have a better game as he threw a pick on their first drive last game and had their 3 last drives go for zero first downs.

    I was hoping for a high line as Locksley and Franklin used to coach together and Franklin probably wouldn't run it up on him. But perhaps that familiarity will lead to a close game anyway.

    I'm actually leaning more towards Under in this game. 2 good defenses, and while PSU is scoring 47 per game they only scored 17 vs Pitt. And again the coaches knowing each other and their tendencies can lead to a chess match. Combine that with possible rust from each team having a bye and we could get a knock down drag out.

    But I rarely play totals, even rarer in college football. I am leaning towards tailing you on this one frank, just the recent scorelines between these teams are frightening.

     
    Trumpinator2020
    Trumpinator2020
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 7453
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 1:50 PM ET #14

    Reply
     
    drewski124
    drewski124
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 2:13 PM ET #15

    I'm really digging your assessment on my alma mater. I can assure you that our coaching staff is way to conservative, even till this day. Its almost as if they are still carrying Joe Paterno's legacy in terms of being hot garbage (usually if they're up by a TD or 2) and end up costing us by just being terrible game managers. This has always been the case with us and I still see it happening. Reminds me of the Rose Bowl game when Trace threw a pick which then set USC (that damn Darnold guy) up for an easy field goal. The play-calling is way too predictable and it'll frustrate you as backers of Penn State. I think offensively, we have a very slight edge. In terms of defense, we are hot hot garbage. I can't even believe how bad they are. Tbh our QB is overrated but most importantly super hot garbage. But the hot hot hottest garbage is our play-calling and Franklin. Its almost as bad as the Browns running a draw on a 4 & 9. With that being said, we've always dominated Maryland but this is when we obviously had a stacked squad. But there is a bit of toxic chemistry between us - Maryland was that wack team nobody wanted then they magically appeared in the Big Ten. Also, their stadiums are filled with toxic fans that and we're pretty good at shutting them down. I personally can see Maryland covering the spread and possibly win outright. But when I'm this confident, I think I'll have to back my squad at -6.5. This is somewhat a divisional game in terms of NCAAF and there's no way in hell Frankin & Company is losing to these scrubs.

    Reply

    I'm really digging your assessment on my alma mater. I can assure you that our coaching staff is way to conservative, even till this day. Its almost as if they are still carrying Joe Paterno's legacy in terms of being hot garbage (usually if they're up by a TD or 2) and end up costing us by just being terrible game managers. This has always been the case with us and I still see it happening. Reminds me of the Rose Bowl game when Trace threw a pick which then set USC (that damn Darnold guy) up for an easy field goal. The play-calling is way too predictable and it'll frustrate you as backers of Penn State. I think offensively, we have a very slight edge. In terms of defense, we are hot hot garbage. I can't even believe how bad they are. Tbh our QB is overrated but most importantly super hot garbage. But the hot hot hottest garbage is our play-calling and Franklin. Its almost as bad as the Browns running a draw on a 4 & 9. With that being said, we've always dominated Maryland but this is when we obviously had a stacked squad. But there is a bit of toxic chemistry between us - Maryland was that wack team nobody wanted then they magically appeared in the Big Ten. Also, their stadiums are filled with toxic fans that and we're pretty good at shutting them down. I personally can see Maryland covering the spread and possibly win outright. But when I'm this confident, I think I'll have to back my squad at -6.5. This is somewhat a divisional game in terms of NCAAF and there's no way in hell Frankin & Company is losing to these scrubs.

     
    mak104
    mak104
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 2111
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 3:07 PM ET #16

    Injuries on O line and RB for Maryland make me lean to PS. BOL.

    Reply

    Injuries on O line and RB for Maryland make me lean to PS. BOL.

     
    Jars
    Jars
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 6263
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 3:14 PM ET #17

    Thanks & BOL today  
    Reply
    Thanks & BOL today  
     
    NutinButtLove
    NutinButtLove
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 4807
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 3:29 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by drewski124:

    I'm really digging your assessment on my alma mater. I can assure you that our coaching staff is way to conservative, even till this day. Its almost as if they are still carrying Joe Paterno's legacy in terms of being hot garbage (usually if they're up by a TD or 2) and end up costing us by just being terrible game managers. This has always been the case with us and I still see it happening. Reminds me of the Rose Bowl game when Trace threw a pick which then set USC (that damn Darnold guy) up for an easy field goal. The play-calling is way too predictable and it'll frustrate you as backers of Penn State. I think offensively, we have a very slight edge. In terms of defense, we are hot hot garbage. I can't even believe how bad they are. Tbh our QB is overrated but most importantly super hot garbage. But the hot hot hottest garbage is our play-calling and Franklin. Its almost as bad as the Browns running a draw on a 4 & 9. With that being said, we've always dominated Maryland but this is when we obviously had a stacked squad. But there is a bit of toxic chemistry between us - Maryland was that wack team nobody wanted then they magically appeared in the Big Ten. Also, their stadiums are filled with toxic fans that and we're pretty good at shutting them down. I personally can see Maryland covering the spread and possibly win outright. But when I'm this confident, I think I'll have to back my squad at -6.5. This is somewhat a divisional game in terms of NCAAF and there's no way in hell Frankin & Company is losing to these scrubs.

    This is the most nonsensical writeup (if you can call it that) ive ever seen. Every sentence is the typical exaggeration you get from a homer/graduate. You spend most of the time trashing PSU then say there's no way they lose to these scrubs talking about Maryland.

    Please just save yourself and us the time from now on, that was as useless a post as have ever been on here and there have been some doozies

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by drewski124:

    I'm really digging your assessment on my alma mater. I can assure you that our coaching staff is way to conservative, even till this day. Its almost as if they are still carrying Joe Paterno's legacy in terms of being hot garbage (usually if they're up by a TD or 2) and end up costing us by just being terrible game managers. This has always been the case with us and I still see it happening. Reminds me of the Rose Bowl game when Trace threw a pick which then set USC (that damn Darnold guy) up for an easy field goal. The play-calling is way too predictable and it'll frustrate you as backers of Penn State. I think offensively, we have a very slight edge. In terms of defense, we are hot hot garbage. I can't even believe how bad they are. Tbh our QB is overrated but most importantly super hot garbage. But the hot hot hottest garbage is our play-calling and Franklin. Its almost as bad as the Browns running a draw on a 4 & 9. With that being said, we've always dominated Maryland but this is when we obviously had a stacked squad. But there is a bit of toxic chemistry between us - Maryland was that wack team nobody wanted then they magically appeared in the Big Ten. Also, their stadiums are filled with toxic fans that and we're pretty good at shutting them down. I personally can see Maryland covering the spread and possibly win outright. But when I'm this confident, I think I'll have to back my squad at -6.5. This is somewhat a divisional game in terms of NCAAF and there's no way in hell Frankin & Company is losing to these scrubs.

    This is the most nonsensical writeup (if you can call it that) ive ever seen. Every sentence is the typical exaggeration you get from a homer/graduate. You spend most of the time trashing PSU then say there's no way they lose to these scrubs talking about Maryland.

    Please just save yourself and us the time from now on, that was as useless a post as have ever been on here and there have been some doozies

     
    drewski124
    drewski124
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 1116
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 3:53 PM ET #19

    I didn't know that I'm not entitled to my own opinion? Absolutely correct that I am maybe exaggerating given that I am biased, but to say I spend most of my time trashing my alma mater is presumptuous on your behalf and outright ridiculous. 

    Reply

    I didn't know that I'm not entitled to my own opinion? Absolutely correct that I am maybe exaggerating given that I am biased, but to say I spend most of my time trashing my alma mater is presumptuous on your behalf and outright ridiculous. 

     
    YourName
    YourName
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 4:09 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by drewski124:

    I didn't know that I'm not entitled to my own opinion? Absolutely correct that I am maybe exaggerating given that I am biased, but to say I spend most of my time trashing my alma mater is presumptuous on your behalf and outright ridiculous. 


    You called your defense, QB, and the play calling garbage. The word "garbage" was used four different times. Being biased is one thing, but you gave no insight on your confidence for picking PSU other than the fact they;ve always dominated Maryland. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by drewski124:

    I didn't know that I'm not entitled to my own opinion? Absolutely correct that I am maybe exaggerating given that I am biased, but to say I spend most of my time trashing my alma mater is presumptuous on your behalf and outright ridiculous. 


    You called your defense, QB, and the play calling garbage. The word "garbage" was used four different times. Being biased is one thing, but you gave no insight on your confidence for picking PSU other than the fact they;ve always dominated Maryland. 
     
    Bodiddly
    Bodiddly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 502
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 8:26 PM ET #21

    Really liked the write up, but not the start of the game so much.
    Reply
    Really liked the write up, but not the start of the game so much.
     
    dpman39
    dpman39
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 444
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 8:30 PM ET #22

    Maryland is done!

    an_burn_money an_burn_money an_burn_money

    Reply

    Maryland is done!

    an_burn_money an_burn_money an_burn_money

     
    Hibyefella
    Hibyefella
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2019
    Posts: 218
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 8:45 PM ET #23

    New trend in football threw int’s when should be running the ball

    Reply

    New trend in football threw int’s when should be running the ball

     
    Bodiddly
    Bodiddly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2019
    Posts: 502
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 8:46 PM ET #24

    QB for Terps might be a negative number. My Gawd!!!
    He’s a no play for me ever again. One dumb mo fo
    Reply
    QB for Terps might be a negative number. My Gawd!!!
    He’s a no play for me ever again. One dumb mo fo
     
     
    NutinButtLove
    NutinButtLove
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2018
    Posts: 4807
    Posted: Sep. 27, 2019 - 8:51 PM ET #25

    Another year another blowout for Maryland at the hands of Penn st.

    I can't remember a worse 1st quarter for a team.

    Pick on the first drive with 2 penalties added on making it basically a pick6.

    PSU scores again on offense 2 plays, bang.

    3 players hurt already, a starting o lineman, starting corner and and a RB/WR. 6 penalties.

    Then they get a drive going and throw a pick in the end zone, next play the corner is hurt and they pick on it right away huge pass.

    All in one quarter!

    Josh Jackson is a clown and so is that coach.

    Reply

    Another year another blowout for Maryland at the hands of Penn st.

    I can't remember a worse 1st quarter for a team.

    Pick on the first drive with 2 penalties added on making it basically a pick6.

    PSU scores again on offense 2 plays, bang.

    3 players hurt already, a starting o lineman, starting corner and and a RB/WR. 6 penalties.

    Then they get a drive going and throw a pick in the end zone, next play the corner is hurt and they pick on it right away huge pass.

    All in one quarter!

    Josh Jackson is a clown and so is that coach.

    All Forums | College Football
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,265
    • PART DEUX 214
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,108
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,620
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,208
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,134
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,033
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.