Looking for the perfect ribs recipe
Ribs are hard to screw up.
To get them tender, boiling or baking first (low heat like Mattbrot suggested 200-250) and then finish on the grill for color and some bark. For the "ultimate" tenderness, I'd brine overnight, boil, and bake, then quick grill but that's a little labor intensive.
Half the time I throw them straight on the cool side of the grill but if was wanting to do it right, I'd most likely brine overnight or at least bake them first.
Also, you probably want to let the rub set for an hour or so in plastic wrap in the fridge before you cook them. And as far as wet sauce, it carmelizes and changes completely so I typically serve that on the side but do baste the ribs with vinegar and water mix. A lot of people will throw on the BBQ sauce for just a few minutes and let it carmelize real quickly but that sauce turns to goo if cooks too long.
If the ribs come out burnt which is often, I'll cut them up and let them simmer in a pot of highly diluted sauce. Basically a bottle of Stubbs with vinegar and water to dilute it so it's real thin and not gooey.
Ribs are hard to screw up.
To get them tender, boiling or baking first (low heat like Mattbrot suggested 200-250) and then finish on the grill for color and some bark. For the "ultimate" tenderness, I'd brine overnight, boil, and bake, then quick grill but that's a little labor intensive.
Half the time I throw them straight on the cool side of the grill but if was wanting to do it right, I'd most likely brine overnight or at least bake them first.
Also, you probably want to let the rub set for an hour or so in plastic wrap in the fridge before you cook them. And as far as wet sauce, it carmelizes and changes completely so I typically serve that on the side but do baste the ribs with vinegar and water mix. A lot of people will throw on the BBQ sauce for just a few minutes and let it carmelize real quickly but that sauce turns to goo if cooks too long.
If the ribs come out burnt which is often, I'll cut them up and let them simmer in a pot of highly diluted sauce. Basically a bottle of Stubbs with vinegar and water to dilute it so it's real thin and not gooey.
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 tbsp molasses
1-2 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp rubbed thyme
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 tbsp molasses
1-2 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp rubbed thyme
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cayenne
Hot Forum Topics
- Claiming Prizes 57,608
- Sunday 09/27/2026 498
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,088
- Sunday 3,112
- NFL LOCKED IN! 101,894
- NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,503
- ***Macwesties * Thur. * Sun. Sept. 24, 27, 2026 * Week #3 * NFL Football Plays* 8,726
- NFL Sunday 7,018
- Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,102
- King of Covers Winner List 12,239
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
