• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Food & Fitness

    New Lifting Routine That I LOVE...

    12 Next Last»
    Degenerate
    FREE_WINNERS
    FriedShrimp
    Schmohawk
    allbees
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 998
    Posts: 28
    12 Next Last»
     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2009 - 7:03 PM ET #1

    The August 2009 Muscle and Fitness Magazine has a new workout routine around page 121.  You can tear out the whole page.  Ever M&F magazine always has invaluable stuff that I add to my workouts, but this is the first i've seen a full week lifting routine. 
     
    Long story short, for the last 5 years I have had the same workout muscle breakdown.  Monday - Chest, Tuesday - Back/Bis, etc. You get the picture - same shit every week for years.  Hit muscles once a week, maybe twice if something got changed up.  Anyway, this new workout has mixed everything up and I love it.  I like having it written out for me like this, too, because I won't leave the gym unless I've hit every excercise, every set, every rep.  I've walked out of the gym every day so far feeling like I lifted the shit out of some weights.  Also, I am getting sore in muscles I've lifted for years, meaning these changes and new excercises are spurring growth in new ways.
     
    Anyway, hoping this routine gives me what I need, wanted to pass it on.  Its got a mix of all muscle groups, a mix of high and low reps too, so its really mixing my routine up.  Hope some of you take a look at it.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    The August 2009 Muscle and Fitness Magazine has a new workout routine around page 121.  You can tear out the whole page.  Ever M&F magazine always has invaluable stuff that I add to my workouts, but this is the first i've seen a full week lifting routine. 
     
    Long story short, for the last 5 years I have had the same workout muscle breakdown.  Monday - Chest, Tuesday - Back/Bis, etc. You get the picture - same shit every week for years.  Hit muscles once a week, maybe twice if something got changed up.  Anyway, this new workout has mixed everything up and I love it.  I like having it written out for me like this, too, because I won't leave the gym unless I've hit every excercise, every set, every rep.  I've walked out of the gym every day so far feeling like I lifted the shit out of some weights.  Also, I am getting sore in muscles I've lifted for years, meaning these changes and new excercises are spurring growth in new ways.
     
    Anyway, hoping this routine gives me what I need, wanted to pass it on.  Its got a mix of all muscle groups, a mix of high and low reps too, so its really mixing my routine up.  Hope some of you take a look at it.
     
    FREE_WINNERS
    FREE_WINNERS
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 92
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2009 - 1:18 AM ET #2

    what is your frame size? weight and height?
    Reply
    what is your frame size? weight and height?
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2009 - 1:32 AM ET #3

    I love to mix shit up.
     
    The grandmaster of Chaos !!!
     
    Gotta mix everything up every couple months.  Fuck the haters. 
     
    In terms of mixup, it's not just high/low rep but it's also tempo. 
     
    When you are the only guy sweating in the weight room, you'll know
     
    Reply
    I love to mix shit up.
     
    The grandmaster of Chaos !!!
     
    Gotta mix everything up every couple months.  Fuck the haters. 
     
    In terms of mixup, it's not just high/low rep but it's also tempo. 
     
    When you are the only guy sweating in the weight room, you'll know
     
     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2009 - 9:18 AM ET #4

    I am 5'10"-5'11"  and I weigh 195.  When I was 16 I was the smallest kid in my high school. My license said 5'2" 100 lbs. I was SMALL.  Now I would say I am a medium sized frame, but I know I'll never get larger per se and that sucks.  I have worked very hard to get where I am size wise.

    My tempo was the biggest change.  It dictates how much rest, and it's much less than I was taking before, so I am going a little fast and working a lot harder.  Its great.

    Reply

    I am 5'10"-5'11"  and I weigh 195.  When I was 16 I was the smallest kid in my high school. My license said 5'2" 100 lbs. I was SMALL.  Now I would say I am a medium sized frame, but I know I'll never get larger per se and that sucks.  I have worked very hard to get where I am size wise.

    My tempo was the biggest change.  It dictates how much rest, and it's much less than I was taking before, so I am going a little fast and working a lot harder.  Its great.

     
    Schmohawk
    Schmohawk
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 1505
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2009 - 12:02 PM ET #5

    So, do I have to find this magazine to get the workout?  I thought you were going to post it.....
    Reply
    So, do I have to find this magazine to get the workout?  I thought you were going to post it.....
     
    allbees
    allbees
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 17670
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2009 - 2:40 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmohawk:

    So, do I have to find this magazine to get the workout?  I thought you were going to post it.....

    I was thinking the same thing.
    Covers Linesmen
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmohawk:

    So, do I have to find this magazine to get the workout?  I thought you were going to post it.....

    I was thinking the same thing.
     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2009 - 4:29 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by allbees:


    I was thinking the same thing.

    I forgot I was dealing with the lazy people at covers.  If youre in this forum you should be buying this magazine every month.  Go spend the $5. I'm not typing out pages of an article you could drive a block and buy, and never said I was gonna write it out.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by allbees:


    I was thinking the same thing.

    I forgot I was dealing with the lazy people at covers.  If youre in this forum you should be buying this magazine every month.  Go spend the $5. I'm not typing out pages of an article you could drive a block and buy, and never said I was gonna write it out.

     
    dave9981$
    dave9981$
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2004
    Posts: 4439
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2009 - 1:19 PM ET #8

    Can you please summarize the article for those who dont have access to buying the mag right now? Im not lazy or cheap Im just out of town right now and they dont sell it where Im at. Thanks man if you can.
    Reply
    Can you please summarize the article for those who dont have access to buying the mag right now? Im not lazy or cheap Im just out of town right now and they dont sell it where Im at. Thanks man if you can.
     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2009 - 8:10 AM ET #9

    Fair enough. I am pretty busy today but I'll get all 6 days up throughout the day.  This is also a test run to see if the format stays understandable when I post it.  Also, here's how i wrote it out there are two chest excercises on Monday. Since they are both the same amount of sets (4) and reps (6-8) and rest (2 minutes) I didnt write it out for the one below.  There are an odd number of excercises on MWF cause the third to last one is traps and thats the only thing for that.  I just got out of the gym doing Saturday's routine and I murdered it.  I could sleep for a couple hours now but I have shit to do unfortunately!  Oh well here is Monday...

     

    MWF  Chest Back Shoulders Traps Abs

    TThS   Quads Hamstrings Triceps Biceps Calves

     

    MONDAY

    Bench                                                                   4/6-8                     2

    Incline Dumbell Press

    Lat Pulldown                                                      4/15-20                 1

    Seated Row                       

    Smith Mach Shoulder Press                         4/10-12                 1.5

    Lat Raise                                                             

    Dumbbell Shrug                                               4/10-12                 1.5

    Rope Crunch                                                      3/6-8                     2

    Weighted Hanging Leg Raise                      

    Reply

    Fair enough. I am pretty busy today but I'll get all 6 days up throughout the day.  This is also a test run to see if the format stays understandable when I post it.  Also, here's how i wrote it out there are two chest excercises on Monday. Since they are both the same amount of sets (4) and reps (6-8) and rest (2 minutes) I didnt write it out for the one below.  There are an odd number of excercises on MWF cause the third to last one is traps and thats the only thing for that.  I just got out of the gym doing Saturday's routine and I murdered it.  I could sleep for a couple hours now but I have shit to do unfortunately!  Oh well here is Monday...

     

    MWF  Chest Back Shoulders Traps Abs

    TThS   Quads Hamstrings Triceps Biceps Calves

     

    MONDAY

    Bench                                                                   4/6-8                     2

    Incline Dumbell Press

    Lat Pulldown                                                      4/15-20                 1

    Seated Row                       

    Smith Mach Shoulder Press                         4/10-12                 1.5

    Lat Raise                                                             

    Dumbbell Shrug                                               4/10-12                 1.5

    Rope Crunch                                                      3/6-8                     2

    Weighted Hanging Leg Raise                      

     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2009 - 8:13 AM ET #10

    Also want to make clear that this isn't mine.  Its from the good people at M&F, in an article written by Jim Stoppani and Jon Finkel.
    Reply
    Also want to make clear that this isn't mine.  Its from the good people at M&F, in an article written by Jim Stoppani and Jon Finkel.
     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2009 - 10:34 AM ET #11

    TUESDAY

    Squat                                                                    4/6-8                     2

    Leg Extension

    Romanian Deadlift                                          

    Triceps Pressdown                                          3/10-12                 1.5

    Overhead Extension                      

    Cable Curl                                                            3/15-20                 1

    Concentration Curl         

    Standing Calf Raise                                          3/6-8                     2

    Leg-Press Calf Raise

    Reply

    TUESDAY

    Squat                                                                    4/6-8                     2

    Leg Extension

    Romanian Deadlift                                          

    Triceps Pressdown                                          3/10-12                 1.5

    Overhead Extension                      

    Cable Curl                                                            3/15-20                 1

    Concentration Curl         

    Standing Calf Raise                                          3/6-8                     2

    Leg-Press Calf Raise

     
    STAXXX
    STAXXX
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 125
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2009 - 8:20 PM ET #12

    So you mean to tell me your going to workout 6 days a week and train each bodypart 3 times a week???   If thats not overtraining I don't know what is.  Good luck with that.  I give you a week then you'll need some of those drugs michael jackson was taking to get to sleep.
    Reply
    So you mean to tell me your going to workout 6 days a week and train each bodypart 3 times a week???   If thats not overtraining I don't know what is.  Good luck with that.  I give you a week then you'll need some of those drugs michael jackson was taking to get to sleep.
     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2009 - 9:47 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by STAXXX:

    So you mean to tell me your going to workout 6 days a week and train each bodypart 3 times a week???   If thats not overtraining I don't know what is.  Good luck with that.  I give you a week then you'll need some of those drugs michael jackson was taking to get to sleep.

    1st things first.  If you think 18 sets a week is overtraining you are SADLY mistaken.  Way off base.  Just because it's broken into 3 days doesn't mean you should jump to that conclusion.

    2nd, go buy the article son.  It's written by two of the top experts in the weight training field.  They say that those of you that those of you who think lifting one body part once a week is the only way to do it are stuck in the lifting world from decades past.  I take basic supplements to boost recovery, and I eat a shit ton of protein. 

    So to recap, 18 sets/muscle group/week is where conventional experts say to be anyway, and thats right where this is, and they also very high and low reps.  LOLLLLLLLLL at overtraining.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by STAXXX:

    So you mean to tell me your going to workout 6 days a week and train each bodypart 3 times a week???   If thats not overtraining I don't know what is.  Good luck with that.  I give you a week then you'll need some of those drugs michael jackson was taking to get to sleep.

    1st things first.  If you think 18 sets a week is overtraining you are SADLY mistaken.  Way off base.  Just because it's broken into 3 days doesn't mean you should jump to that conclusion.

    2nd, go buy the article son.  It's written by two of the top experts in the weight training field.  They say that those of you that those of you who think lifting one body part once a week is the only way to do it are stuck in the lifting world from decades past.  I take basic supplements to boost recovery, and I eat a shit ton of protein. 

    So to recap, 18 sets/muscle group/week is where conventional experts say to be anyway, and thats right where this is, and they also very high and low reps.  LOLLLLLLLLL at overtraining.

     
    STAXXX
    STAXXX
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 125
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2009 - 11:05 PM ET #14

    Well 1st, lets take chest you have 4 bench and 4 incline so that makes 8 sets per day x 3 days is 24 sets per week. 
     
    2nd, who are the experts, oh I know Mr. Over Training and Mr. Fatigued.  Did these so called experts mention the CNS (central nervous system) and the affect training has on it? 
     
    3rd, results will prove it so keep a log.  So your working out chest 3 times a week, if your muscles have recovered you should be stronger for your next workout.  You should be able to do more reps then last workout.  Keep track, but I doubt it.  Think of it this way, like digging a hole, you worked out, the hole has been dug, you rest the hole has been filled back in, but only after your muscles have been fully rested they will start to grow bigger and stronger so they can adapt to the next workout.  Working out before your muscle have fully recovered will only dig a deeper hole and lead to overtraining.  And no I don't lift one bodypart once a week, it's more like once every 9 days.
     
    But really it doesn't matter to me if you want to spend all week in the gym and 6 months from now you'll still be benching the same.  This is the problem with these magazines, they come out with new advanced workouts every month, one says this and one says that, and neither of them work, so you figure you must need more supplements for them to work, so you go buy more supplements and more magazines to try another workout.  It's really just a big circle.  Then you get people who try the workouts in the magazines and figure they must need steroids because the workout didn't work, when infact the workout doesn't work for anybody.  These guys are trying to reinvent the wheel every month to sell another issue, but in reality a bench press is still a bench press.  If you are from Ohio, you should know westside barbell, they would rip out the page and use it for toilet paper...
    Reply
    Well 1st, lets take chest you have 4 bench and 4 incline so that makes 8 sets per day x 3 days is 24 sets per week. 
     
    2nd, who are the experts, oh I know Mr. Over Training and Mr. Fatigued.  Did these so called experts mention the CNS (central nervous system) and the affect training has on it? 
     
    3rd, results will prove it so keep a log.  So your working out chest 3 times a week, if your muscles have recovered you should be stronger for your next workout.  You should be able to do more reps then last workout.  Keep track, but I doubt it.  Think of it this way, like digging a hole, you worked out, the hole has been dug, you rest the hole has been filled back in, but only after your muscles have been fully rested they will start to grow bigger and stronger so they can adapt to the next workout.  Working out before your muscle have fully recovered will only dig a deeper hole and lead to overtraining.  And no I don't lift one bodypart once a week, it's more like once every 9 days.
     
    But really it doesn't matter to me if you want to spend all week in the gym and 6 months from now you'll still be benching the same.  This is the problem with these magazines, they come out with new advanced workouts every month, one says this and one says that, and neither of them work, so you figure you must need more supplements for them to work, so you go buy more supplements and more magazines to try another workout.  It's really just a big circle.  Then you get people who try the workouts in the magazines and figure they must need steroids because the workout didn't work, when infact the workout doesn't work for anybody.  These guys are trying to reinvent the wheel every month to sell another issue, but in reality a bench press is still a bench press.  If you are from Ohio, you should know westside barbell, they would rip out the page and use it for toilet paper...
     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 8:33 AM ET #15

    Okay I see your point but still don't think this is overtraining. 

    I still want to change things up.  What if I did a workout like this for 2 weeks, then back to my original breakdown where I hit groups once a week for a month or 6 weeks, then repeat?  Even if this was overtraining, 2 weeks would provide for some muscle confusion and new growth following.

    Reply

    Okay I see your point but still don't think this is overtraining. 

    I still want to change things up.  What if I did a workout like this for 2 weeks, then back to my original breakdown where I hit groups once a week for a month or 6 weeks, then repeat?  Even if this was overtraining, 2 weeks would provide for some muscle confusion and new growth following.

     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 10:46 AM ET #16

    Not only does the weekly repeition seem high, the actual exercises seem like a lot.  That MWF routine has got to take an hour and a half.
     
    I don't think you can provide quality effort for that long.
    Reply
    Not only does the weekly repeition seem high, the actual exercises seem like a lot.  That MWF routine has got to take an hour and a half.
     
    I don't think you can provide quality effort for that long.
     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 11:34 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by FriedShrimp:

    Not only does the weekly repeition seem high, the actual exercises seem like a lot.  That MWF routine has got to take an hour and a half.
     
    I don't think you can provide quality effort for that long.

    There is a total of 16 minutes rest on those days (I think). The sets take less than the amount of rest.  It takes me about 40 minutes, maybe longer if the place is packed.  The last couple sets of the day aren't easy, but if your workouts are easy you aren't getting anywhere.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedShrimp:

    Not only does the weekly repeition seem high, the actual exercises seem like a lot.  That MWF routine has got to take an hour and a half.
     
    I don't think you can provide quality effort for that long.

    There is a total of 16 minutes rest on those days (I think). The sets take less than the amount of rest.  It takes me about 40 minutes, maybe longer if the place is packed.  The last couple sets of the day aren't easy, but if your workouts are easy you aren't getting anywhere.

     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 11:46 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate:

    There is a total of 16 minutes rest on those days (I think). The sets take less than the amount of rest.  It takes me about 40 minutes, maybe longer if the place is packed.  The last couple sets of the day aren't easy, but if your workouts are easy you aren't getting anywhere.

    There are 9 exercises of 3-4 sets.  With a minute rest, there is at least 30 minutes of rest in there.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate:

    There is a total of 16 minutes rest on those days (I think). The sets take less than the amount of rest.  It takes me about 40 minutes, maybe longer if the place is packed.  The last couple sets of the day aren't easy, but if your workouts are easy you aren't getting anywhere.

    There are 9 exercises of 3-4 sets.  With a minute rest, there is at least 30 minutes of rest in there.

     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 11:51 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by FriedShrimp:

    There are 9 exercises of 3-4 sets.  With a minute rest, there is at least 30 minutes of rest in there.

    Sorry man.  Youre right. Like everyone else I went to law school with, I can't do math.  I will time tomorrows and do it by the book.  I can't imagine I am in there more than an hour tops.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FriedShrimp:

    There are 9 exercises of 3-4 sets.  With a minute rest, there is at least 30 minutes of rest in there.

    Sorry man.  Youre right. Like everyone else I went to law school with, I can't do math.  I will time tomorrows and do it by the book.  I can't imagine I am in there more than an hour tops.

     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 12:02 PM ET #20

       I'm surrounded by lawyers, know what you mean.
     
    That seems like a shitload of exercises though.  Lot of small muscle stuff like, biceps, triceps, calves, etc.  Lot of people don't isolate those regularly if hitting the large muscles properly.  Back hits the arms, squats/sleds/lunges also hit the calves, etc.
     
    Two quality exercises per body part (to complete fatigue) should take care of it.  Just my opinion.  And I'm with Staxx in that three times a week to fatigue is too much.  Once or twice for me.
     
    Unless just loafing around, I'm typically out of the gym in an hour and that includes 15-20 minutes of cardio.   
    Reply
       I'm surrounded by lawyers, know what you mean.
     
    That seems like a shitload of exercises though.  Lot of small muscle stuff like, biceps, triceps, calves, etc.  Lot of people don't isolate those regularly if hitting the large muscles properly.  Back hits the arms, squats/sleds/lunges also hit the calves, etc.
     
    Two quality exercises per body part (to complete fatigue) should take care of it.  Just my opinion.  And I'm with Staxx in that three times a week to fatigue is too much.  Once or twice for me.
     
    Unless just loafing around, I'm typically out of the gym in an hour and that includes 15-20 minutes of cardio.   
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 12:05 PM ET #21

    Attornies often overcomplicate things.
     
    They get paid per page
    Reply
    Attornies often overcomplicate things.
     
    They get paid per page
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 12:10 PM ET #22

    For a routine though, I've been on this high tempo kick lately and it feels great.  Basically 15 seconds rest between sets.  Shuffle two exercises at once.  Sort of like the P90x routine but ramped up.
     
    For example, leg sleds 3-4 sets of 20+ supersetted with lunges (weighted).
     
    Ten minutes later and you cannot even walk.
    Reply
    For a routine though, I've been on this high tempo kick lately and it feels great.  Basically 15 seconds rest between sets.  Shuffle two exercises at once.  Sort of like the P90x routine but ramped up.
     
    For example, leg sleds 3-4 sets of 20+ supersetted with lunges (weighted).
     
    Ten minutes later and you cannot even walk.
     
    Degenerate
    Degenerate
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5165
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 12:11 PM ET #23

    We overcomplicate things so that we get paid to explain them later...
     
    Forearms even had their own day in my old routine, so I do like to spread things out and recover.  I just want to find the perfect balance so that I am not overtraining but not giving myself too manyy days to recover.  Want to hit that muscle group again after enough rest.
    Reply
    We overcomplicate things so that we get paid to explain them later...
     
    Forearms even had their own day in my old routine, so I do like to spread things out and recover.  I just want to find the perfect balance so that I am not overtraining but not giving myself too manyy days to recover.  Want to hit that muscle group again after enough rest.
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 12:19 PM ET #24

    I would highly, highly suggest a high tempo routine for a couple months.  For one, it will cut fat and rip you up.  If feel like are getting skinny, can do low rep heavy weight but once a week is plenty for that to maintain and/or grow.  Chest for example, do higher weight bench/incline/decline or something once a week and that's it.  Takes 20 minutes tops.
     
    The key is to do everything to "fatigue" and not just cruise through and stop at 8-12 reps like most people do.
    Reply
    I would highly, highly suggest a high tempo routine for a couple months.  For one, it will cut fat and rip you up.  If feel like are getting skinny, can do low rep heavy weight but once a week is plenty for that to maintain and/or grow.  Chest for example, do higher weight bench/incline/decline or something once a week and that's it.  Takes 20 minutes tops.
     
    The key is to do everything to "fatigue" and not just cruise through and stop at 8-12 reps like most people do.
     
     
    FriedShrimp
    FriedShrimp
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 20685
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2009 - 12:27 PM ET #25

    I got a good attorney story.  I'm brokering this rather complicated land deal and representing the seller.  We start from an eight page contract to a conference tabled piled high with documents. 
     
    Seller looks at me and says.... "Where is the money?".... I respond with, "I have no idea what these attornies are doing but the money is in my pocket" and these attornies overshot the purchase price by about a half a mil.  Let's shake hands and run. 
    Reply
    I got a good attorney story.  I'm brokering this rather complicated land deal and representing the seller.  We start from an eight page contract to a conference tabled piled high with documents. 
     
    Seller looks at me and says.... "Where is the money?".... I respond with, "I have no idea what these attornies are doing but the money is in my pocket" and these attornies overshot the purchase price by about a half a mil.  Let's shake hands and run. 
    All Forums | Food & Fitness
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,958
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,204
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,842
    • PART DEUX 298
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 589
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,010
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,476
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 3,463
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,618
    • the whole problem is knowingly spreading false info to vulnerable people 21,192

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.