• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Gaming Industry - US

    5 dimes having problems again.

    kdawgy
    vanzack
    Professional1
    Sasquatch499
    ballerbooboo
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5520
    Posts: 24
     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2012 - 5:23 PM ET #1

    Well, I've been a long time 5 dimes supporter/defender.  They have great options and have always been "reasonably" good at taking care of problems with my account.  But I'm eating my words now.

    The recent problem(s) withdrawing funds seems more and more likely to become permanent.  As I'm sure others will be coming forward soon, it appears that 5dimes batch of bank wires from last week (17th on) was not delivered and will not be received on time.  Their low level support guy went so far as to tell me that wire transfers were no longer a withdrawal option!  The operations supervisor later revised that to say they were simply "suspended".

    The most troublesome thing about all this, other than obviously not getting my money and not getting any kind of time frame for it to be returned, is that 5 dimes obviously has no control over (or accountability from) their intermediary processor.  They also showed little or no compassion or comfort of any kind other than rudely stating "I assure you that you will be paid".  Well that's great, but two days ago your support assured me I would be paid... by today...

    The operations supervisor also obviously flat out lied about the intermediary stating that "they've been working with them for 3 years and had never had an issue like this".  If you scroll through these forums for a second you can see several instances where this exact same issue came up in the second half of 2011.  So that didn't make me feel any better. 

    I'm debating on publishing the whole chat transcript or not, but either way, this has not left me with a good feeling about 5 dimes and I wanted to pass on the information and my honest opinion, not some rant or bashing.

    Best of luck to all that play there, but I'm not sure if I'll be depositing there again, and I sure as hell won't be letting my account balance get over $1-2k ever again.  It's really sad as I had believed 5 dimes was the last good book around.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Well, I've been a long time 5 dimes supporter/defender.  They have great options and have always been "reasonably" good at taking care of problems with my account.  But I'm eating my words now.

    The recent problem(s) withdrawing funds seems more and more likely to become permanent.  As I'm sure others will be coming forward soon, it appears that 5dimes batch of bank wires from last week (17th on) was not delivered and will not be received on time.  Their low level support guy went so far as to tell me that wire transfers were no longer a withdrawal option!  The operations supervisor later revised that to say they were simply "suspended".

    The most troublesome thing about all this, other than obviously not getting my money and not getting any kind of time frame for it to be returned, is that 5 dimes obviously has no control over (or accountability from) their intermediary processor.  They also showed little or no compassion or comfort of any kind other than rudely stating "I assure you that you will be paid".  Well that's great, but two days ago your support assured me I would be paid... by today...

    The operations supervisor also obviously flat out lied about the intermediary stating that "they've been working with them for 3 years and had never had an issue like this".  If you scroll through these forums for a second you can see several instances where this exact same issue came up in the second half of 2011.  So that didn't make me feel any better. 

    I'm debating on publishing the whole chat transcript or not, but either way, this has not left me with a good feeling about 5 dimes and I wanted to pass on the information and my honest opinion, not some rant or bashing.

    Best of luck to all that play there, but I'm not sure if I'll be depositing there again, and I sure as hell won't be letting my account balance get over $1-2k ever again.  It's really sad as I had believed 5 dimes was the last good book around.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2012 - 6:00 PM ET #2

    Kdawgy -

    I feel your pain.  I understand your position.  I really do.

    Imagine being a legal offshore business, that is persecuted by the biggest govt on earth.  You are constantly faced with shifting conditions and have to rely on 3rd party payment processors who also are always under the watch of the US govt.

    You have to come up with creative ways to pay your clients - and what works today doesnt work tomorrow.  You are forced to put your companies reputation in less than reputable 3rd party companies because that is your only choice.  It is expensive, risky, and not customer service friendly at all - but it is the only choice you got.  You also have to hire people in a non-english speaking country where the labor pool is not great - and have them understand customer service priorities.

    Now - do you wonder why 5dimes is one of the only ones left?  Wonder why the Greek juts threw up its hands and gave in?

    My opinion is that you cant write your post directed to 5dimes.  You have to direct it at the industry in general.  If you are American, and you play offshore anywhere - you are eventually going to have the "inconveniences" you are experiencing.  That is just a state of the times.  So you might say you cant recommend 5dimes, but what you are really saying is taht you cant recommend offshore for Americans.

    Believe me - 5dimes would like nothing more than to be able to pay you your money in full - they just cant do it.  They really want to.  The 80 bucks (I think I read recently it is now 80) for a check sounds absurd - they used to be 10 bucks - but even at that number they are probably losing money on what it costs them.

    I used to be a 5dimes hater because they limited me down to 1 dollar per bet many years ago.  But I give them full credit for being the last real American facing legit book left with the most betting options and even reduced juice.  I think you should re-evaluate your stance and understand that part of the contract when you send them a deposit is knowing that eventually you might have schenanigans with bounced checks or bank wires gone awry.  Just be patient.  They will pay you.  Realistically, your options are very slim.

     

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Kdawgy -

    I feel your pain.  I understand your position.  I really do.

    Imagine being a legal offshore business, that is persecuted by the biggest govt on earth.  You are constantly faced with shifting conditions and have to rely on 3rd party payment processors who also are always under the watch of the US govt.

    You have to come up with creative ways to pay your clients - and what works today doesnt work tomorrow.  You are forced to put your companies reputation in less than reputable 3rd party companies because that is your only choice.  It is expensive, risky, and not customer service friendly at all - but it is the only choice you got.  You also have to hire people in a non-english speaking country where the labor pool is not great - and have them understand customer service priorities.

    Now - do you wonder why 5dimes is one of the only ones left?  Wonder why the Greek juts threw up its hands and gave in?

    My opinion is that you cant write your post directed to 5dimes.  You have to direct it at the industry in general.  If you are American, and you play offshore anywhere - you are eventually going to have the "inconveniences" you are experiencing.  That is just a state of the times.  So you might say you cant recommend 5dimes, but what you are really saying is taht you cant recommend offshore for Americans.

    Believe me - 5dimes would like nothing more than to be able to pay you your money in full - they just cant do it.  They really want to.  The 80 bucks (I think I read recently it is now 80) for a check sounds absurd - they used to be 10 bucks - but even at that number they are probably losing money on what it costs them.

    I used to be a 5dimes hater because they limited me down to 1 dollar per bet many years ago.  But I give them full credit for being the last real American facing legit book left with the most betting options and even reduced juice.  I think you should re-evaluate your stance and understand that part of the contract when you send them a deposit is knowing that eventually you might have schenanigans with bounced checks or bank wires gone awry.  Just be patient.  They will pay you.  Realistically, your options are very slim.

     

     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2012 - 6:23 PM ET #3

    Thanks for the well written response vanzack.  To address a couple of your points:

    The main reason I have written towards 5 dimes directly, is because they are one of the only books I would support these days and have told people repeatedly is a book that they can trust.  So in some ways I guess it is more of a general acknowledgment that the whole industry may really be in trouble.  I guess you could add an asterisk and say in trouble for US customers only, but then I think the Dep of Justice is going to try to put the nail in the coffin if anyone draws their ire from here on out.

    As for 5 dimes directly, the one thing I was VERY DISAPPOINTED IN, was that they were not straightforward with me at all.  I had spoken with a number of members of their support team and they obviously knew that my bank wire wasn't coming this week, but they just kept saying it essentially isn't "past due yet".  That is a horrible way to do business.  If I had been told on Monday night when I checked in that there had been delays, I would have been able to make other arrangements for the money I needed this week.  But they chose to leave me in the dark.

    Additionally, as much as it "isn't their fault", it IS their problem.  Hell, it's their entire business.  And the fact that they didn't offer any kind of reasonable timeline or financial reconciliation... or even a true, heartfelt appology, was pretty disturbing.  Anyone in business can tell you that you are responsible for making your payments in a timely manner.  And if you don't, you have to pay the price.  Either in a penalty, or loss of a customer/vendor.  That's just the way it works.  And I don't think a book that has gladly taken $1k+ a month in deposits from me for MANY years has any right to do anything other than make sure one of my few payouts is delivered in a timely manner.

    In short, they could have taken a totally different tact with this, and I wouldn't have felt the need to post.  But based on the way they handled it and the fact that I have been a pretty huge player there, they either 1. aren't that concerned with their customers in general or 2. are in such bad shape that there is nothing they can do.  Both possibilities are bad for them and really bad for their customers.
    Reply
    Thanks for the well written response vanzack.  To address a couple of your points:

    The main reason I have written towards 5 dimes directly, is because they are one of the only books I would support these days and have told people repeatedly is a book that they can trust.  So in some ways I guess it is more of a general acknowledgment that the whole industry may really be in trouble.  I guess you could add an asterisk and say in trouble for US customers only, but then I think the Dep of Justice is going to try to put the nail in the coffin if anyone draws their ire from here on out.

    As for 5 dimes directly, the one thing I was VERY DISAPPOINTED IN, was that they were not straightforward with me at all.  I had spoken with a number of members of their support team and they obviously knew that my bank wire wasn't coming this week, but they just kept saying it essentially isn't "past due yet".  That is a horrible way to do business.  If I had been told on Monday night when I checked in that there had been delays, I would have been able to make other arrangements for the money I needed this week.  But they chose to leave me in the dark.

    Additionally, as much as it "isn't their fault", it IS their problem.  Hell, it's their entire business.  And the fact that they didn't offer any kind of reasonable timeline or financial reconciliation... or even a true, heartfelt appology, was pretty disturbing.  Anyone in business can tell you that you are responsible for making your payments in a timely manner.  And if you don't, you have to pay the price.  Either in a penalty, or loss of a customer/vendor.  That's just the way it works.  And I don't think a book that has gladly taken $1k+ a month in deposits from me for MANY years has any right to do anything other than make sure one of my few payouts is delivered in a timely manner.

    In short, they could have taken a totally different tact with this, and I wouldn't have felt the need to post.  But based on the way they handled it and the fact that I have been a pretty huge player there, they either 1. aren't that concerned with their customers in general or 2. are in such bad shape that there is nothing they can do.  Both possibilities are bad for them and really bad for their customers.
     
    Professional1
    Professional1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 41623
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2012 - 6:51 PM ET #4

    5dimes now has debit payouts
    Reply
    5dimes now has debit payouts
     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 25, 2012 - 7:05 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional1:

    5dimes now has debit payouts


    It'd be nice if that turned out to be a viable long term option, but I don't see how that will workout for anyone withdrawing over a couple thousand dollars.

    I know the greek tried that several years ago and had to kill the program.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional1:

    5dimes now has debit payouts


    It'd be nice if that turned out to be a viable long term option, but I don't see how that will workout for anyone withdrawing over a couple thousand dollars.

    I know the greek tried that several years ago and had to kill the program.
     
    Sasquatch499
    Sasquatch499
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2012 - 4:58 AM ET #6

    hopefully this will be a short term problem I requested a bank wire on the 16th have not received yet . Took 3 wires in december and the longest I waited was 6 business days . Have you seen the debit card option??   The max was $2500 though but it had the same schedule of fees 40bucks for 2500. I might request that next time ..
    Reply
    hopefully this will be a short term problem I requested a bank wire on the 16th have not received yet . Took 3 wires in december and the longest I waited was 6 business days . Have you seen the debit card option??   The max was $2500 though but it had the same schedule of fees 40bucks for 2500. I might request that next time ..
     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2012 - 5:44 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch499:

    hopefully this will be a short term problem I requested a bank wire on the 16th have not received yet . Took 3 wires in december and the longest I waited was 6 business days . Have you seen the debit card option??   The max was $2500 though but it had the same schedule of fees 40bucks for 2500. I might request that next time ..


    I was told today by the "operations supervisor" that no bank wires in January have been processed successfully, and while there is still "a possibility" they will be processed, it will not be this week. So I'm guessing we'll see the money back in our accounts sometime between next mon and wed...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch499:

    hopefully this will be a short term problem I requested a bank wire on the 16th have not received yet . Took 3 wires in december and the longest I waited was 6 business days . Have you seen the debit card option??   The max was $2500 though but it had the same schedule of fees 40bucks for 2500. I might request that next time ..


    I was told today by the "operations supervisor" that no bank wires in January have been processed successfully, and while there is still "a possibility" they will be processed, it will not be this week. So I'm guessing we'll see the money back in our accounts sometime between next mon and wed...
     
    ballerbooboo
    ballerbooboo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 5265
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2012 - 4:59 PM ET #8

    Well I contacted them by chat today regarding my FEDEX CHECK PAYOUT BEING APPROVED. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING CHECK. IT GOT APPROVED today and rep told me it should arrived 5-7 days. ill let ya know how it goes but this is my first time doing check and its for amount of 3k. Hope everything goes fine but what suck is they don't offer tracking number so I can't let fedex know to deliver later in the day when I be home. But Rep told me I can call ahead of time and tell them im expecting a deliver and I can work out with fedex to coordinate my delivery time. WHAT IS WEIRD IS HOW THERE IS NOT TRACKING NUMBER FOR A PACKAGE DELIVERY FROM FEDEX WHEN IT IS SOMETHING IMPORTANT....GUESS IF ITS LOST ITS NOT 5DIME FAULT...THATS HOW I SEE IT
    Reply
    Well I contacted them by chat today regarding my FEDEX CHECK PAYOUT BEING APPROVED. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING CHECK. IT GOT APPROVED today and rep told me it should arrived 5-7 days. ill let ya know how it goes but this is my first time doing check and its for amount of 3k. Hope everything goes fine but what suck is they don't offer tracking number so I can't let fedex know to deliver later in the day when I be home. But Rep told me I can call ahead of time and tell them im expecting a deliver and I can work out with fedex to coordinate my delivery time. WHAT IS WEIRD IS HOW THERE IS NOT TRACKING NUMBER FOR A PACKAGE DELIVERY FROM FEDEX WHEN IT IS SOMETHING IMPORTANT....GUESS IF ITS LOST ITS NOT 5DIME FAULT...THATS HOW I SEE IT
     
    run
    run
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2012 - 6:22 PM ET #9

    I requested a bank wire payout on 1/2/12 an received the funds within a week.  I requested 2 addtional bank wire payouts on 1/12 and 1/16.  I have yet to receive these funds.  When contacted customer service, I received the the same response as kdawgy received.

    From customer service:

    "Ok sir, the thing is that we are having issues with the bank wires processed this month.  We are waiting on updates with the processor right now, but up to now we yet are not certain if they will hit or will be returned.

    But as soon as we have a confirmation of the tracing of this bank wire we will notify you.

    So you can choose any of our other methods to withdraw."

    Unfortunately, you do not have the option of cancelling your wire transfer so that your funds can be put back into your account.  All you can do is wait and hope that 5dimes gets those wire transfer issues fixed soon.

    Reply

    I requested a bank wire payout on 1/2/12 an received the funds within a week.  I requested 2 addtional bank wire payouts on 1/12 and 1/16.  I have yet to receive these funds.  When contacted customer service, I received the the same response as kdawgy received.

    From customer service:

    "Ok sir, the thing is that we are having issues with the bank wires processed this month.  We are waiting on updates with the processor right now, but up to now we yet are not certain if they will hit or will be returned.

    But as soon as we have a confirmation of the tracing of this bank wire we will notify you.

    So you can choose any of our other methods to withdraw."

    Unfortunately, you do not have the option of cancelling your wire transfer so that your funds can be put back into your account.  All you can do is wait and hope that 5dimes gets those wire transfer issues fixed soon.

     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2012 - 6:38 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by ballerbooboo:

    Well I contacted them by chat today regarding my FEDEX CHECK PAYOUT BEING APPROVED. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING CHECK. IT GOT APPROVED today and rep told me it should arrived 5-7 days. ill let ya know how it goes but this is my first time doing check and its for amount of 3k. Hope everything goes fine but what suck is they don't offer tracking number so I can't let fedex know to deliver later in the day when I be home. But Rep told me I can call ahead of time and tell them im expecting a deliver and I can work out with fedex to coordinate my delivery time. WHAT IS WEIRD IS HOW THERE IS NOT TRACKING NUMBER FOR A PACKAGE DELIVERY FROM FEDEX WHEN IT IS SOMETHING IMPORTANT....GUESS IF ITS LOST ITS NOT 5DIME FAULT...THATS HOW I SEE IT


    The checks always scare me, especially for large amounts.  I've had tellers question them before as they are usually written on banks from outside the US and have a different type of routing number that draws attention (at least that's what one teller told me about 2 years ago). 

    Additionally, it is not uncommon for the checks to be deposited and then either have up to a 14-30 day hold placed on them or to have them actually "clear" and then for the funds to be retroactively removed from your account.

    If I did do a check, I'd do an ATM deposit if at all possible.  Best of luck with yours though man.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ballerbooboo:

    Well I contacted them by chat today regarding my FEDEX CHECK PAYOUT BEING APPROVED. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME DOING CHECK. IT GOT APPROVED today and rep told me it should arrived 5-7 days. ill let ya know how it goes but this is my first time doing check and its for amount of 3k. Hope everything goes fine but what suck is they don't offer tracking number so I can't let fedex know to deliver later in the day when I be home. But Rep told me I can call ahead of time and tell them im expecting a deliver and I can work out with fedex to coordinate my delivery time. WHAT IS WEIRD IS HOW THERE IS NOT TRACKING NUMBER FOR A PACKAGE DELIVERY FROM FEDEX WHEN IT IS SOMETHING IMPORTANT....GUESS IF ITS LOST ITS NOT 5DIME FAULT...THATS HOW I SEE IT


    The checks always scare me, especially for large amounts.  I've had tellers question them before as they are usually written on banks from outside the US and have a different type of routing number that draws attention (at least that's what one teller told me about 2 years ago). 

    Additionally, it is not uncommon for the checks to be deposited and then either have up to a 14-30 day hold placed on them or to have them actually "clear" and then for the funds to be retroactively removed from your account.

    If I did do a check, I'd do an ATM deposit if at all possible.  Best of luck with yours though man.
     
    Sasquatch499
    Sasquatch499
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2012 - 8:07 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by kdawgy:



    The checks always scare me, especially for large amounts.  I've had tellers question them before as they are usually written on banks from outside the US and have a different type of routing number that draws attention (at least that's what one teller told me about 2 years ago). 

    Additionally, it is not uncommon for the checks to be deposited and then either have up to a 14-30 day hold placed on them or to have them actually "clear" and then for the funds to be retroactively removed from your account.

    If I did do a check, I'd do an ATM deposit if at all possible.  Best of luck with yours though man.
         kdawgy  I spoke to customer service via live chat today and they said exactly what you said they are not processing bank wres at the present moment they are working with the banks to resolve the issue they said they will email me when they figure things out .  I am waiting for 5 k  so this kinda sux
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kdawgy:



    The checks always scare me, especially for large amounts.  I've had tellers question them before as they are usually written on banks from outside the US and have a different type of routing number that draws attention (at least that's what one teller told me about 2 years ago). 

    Additionally, it is not uncommon for the checks to be deposited and then either have up to a 14-30 day hold placed on them or to have them actually "clear" and then for the funds to be retroactively removed from your account.

    If I did do a check, I'd do an ATM deposit if at all possible.  Best of luck with yours though man.
         kdawgy  I spoke to customer service via live chat today and they said exactly what you said they are not processing bank wres at the present moment they are working with the banks to resolve the issue they said they will email me when they figure things out .  I am waiting for 5 k  so this kinda sux
     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2012 - 8:53 PM ET #12

    Yep, it's pretty frustrating.  What really bothers me is that THEY seem to have very little knowledge about where the money has gone. That and the fact they simply refuse to put a reasonable time-table on getting this resolved.
    Reply
    Yep, it's pretty frustrating.  What really bothers me is that THEY seem to have very little knowledge about where the money has gone. That and the fact they simply refuse to put a reasonable time-table on getting this resolved.
     
    GOPHERNATION12
    GOPHERNATION12
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 3353
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2012 - 9:48 PM ET #13

    You  know I see these posts regarding 5dimes and there are always people that speak up on behalf of them. Now they have problems  again with bank wires. So over the past 6 months they have had issues with ACH, bank wire, o/n checks and even WU which I had happen personally.

    I realize the very tough circunstances books have to deal with in todays world, but not all of them have had the number of issues 5dimes has had. I use Heritage as my major book now. I would agree they don't have nearly as many wagering options as 5dimes, but is it worth the worry about when and if you will paid. I have requested payouts via each option they offer. Every payment arrived as promised when promised. The only method that was trouble was ACH but customer service told me they were having issues with ACH and that I would be better off with an o/n check. Much better than requesting it and being told after the fact.

    If it is the industry challanges and those alone why doesn't Heritage let their customers deal with constant issues like 5dimes.

    It is time to face it. 5dines is not an A+ book any longer. If SBR actually gave them a fair unbiase review they would be down graded quite a bit.

    I suggest and have been suggesting people really watch  when doing business with them. I played with them for close to a decade but withdrew my balance last year after seeing some signs that concerned me greatly.

    Good luck to all.

    Reply

    You  know I see these posts regarding 5dimes and there are always people that speak up on behalf of them. Now they have problems  again with bank wires. So over the past 6 months they have had issues with ACH, bank wire, o/n checks and even WU which I had happen personally.

    I realize the very tough circunstances books have to deal with in todays world, but not all of them have had the number of issues 5dimes has had. I use Heritage as my major book now. I would agree they don't have nearly as many wagering options as 5dimes, but is it worth the worry about when and if you will paid. I have requested payouts via each option they offer. Every payment arrived as promised when promised. The only method that was trouble was ACH but customer service told me they were having issues with ACH and that I would be better off with an o/n check. Much better than requesting it and being told after the fact.

    If it is the industry challanges and those alone why doesn't Heritage let their customers deal with constant issues like 5dimes.

    It is time to face it. 5dines is not an A+ book any longer. If SBR actually gave them a fair unbiase review they would be down graded quite a bit.

    I suggest and have been suggesting people really watch  when doing business with them. I played with them for close to a decade but withdrew my balance last year after seeing some signs that concerned me greatly.

    Good luck to all.

     
    binka34
    binka34
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 6704
    Posted: Jan. 26, 2012 - 9:54 PM ET #14

    hey kdawgy

    i don't do wire withdrawls but i have recently ran into problems with their customer service

    they charged me for my withdrawl (which they should) but they didn't give me the $40 credit

    i had to contact them several times and they i was pissed and they weren't even sorry or anything

    their customer service is very rude and not remorseful

    i probably won't be depositing any more $

    if i do i won't have more than 1-2k in my account ever

    fuck these guys
    Reply
    hey kdawgy

    i don't do wire withdrawls but i have recently ran into problems with their customer service

    they charged me for my withdrawl (which they should) but they didn't give me the $40 credit

    i had to contact them several times and they i was pissed and they weren't even sorry or anything

    their customer service is very rude and not remorseful

    i probably won't be depositing any more $

    if i do i won't have more than 1-2k in my account ever

    fuck these guys
     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2012 - 7:26 PM ET #15

    Contacted support again today and pretty much got the run around again.  In the same 5 minutes I was told that they don't know what has happened to the funds AND told hopefully they will be in your account on monday.  Really?

    I'm going to give them a few more days next week, but if they won't even address the issue or give some kind of reasonable time-line to get it resolved I've got to start thinking about chargebacks.  It's a shitty way to handle things for everyone involved and would obviously end my relationship with 5 dimes permanently, but given how they're handling this I'm starting to think more and more it is my best option...
    Reply
    Contacted support again today and pretty much got the run around again.  In the same 5 minutes I was told that they don't know what has happened to the funds AND told hopefully they will be in your account on monday.  Really?

    I'm going to give them a few more days next week, but if they won't even address the issue or give some kind of reasonable time-line to get it resolved I've got to start thinking about chargebacks.  It's a shitty way to handle things for everyone involved and would obviously end my relationship with 5 dimes permanently, but given how they're handling this I'm starting to think more and more it is my best option...
     
    Professional1
    Professional1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 41623
    Posted: Jan. 27, 2012 - 7:37 PM ET #16

    hey kdawg you will get your money. many players myself included had to wait 1 month for ACH payments that never came back in Nov.they will eventually put the funds back but they probably don't know exactly when. contact tony or becky live chat.
    Reply
    hey kdawg you will get your money. many players myself included had to wait 1 month for ACH payments that never came back in Nov.they will eventually put the funds back but they probably don't know exactly when. contact tony or becky live chat.
     
    strongy78
    strongy78
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 41
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2012 - 2:35 AM ET #17

    Besides the bullshit fiasco with their ACH payments a few months ago, 5 dimes has been fantastic to me.  I requested 2000 FedEx on Tuesday.  3pm today FedEx rings my doorbell.  Its a check from a US company too.  Never had a problem with them for checks or Moneygram/Western Union.  The fees sometimes suck(only 1 free a month) but they pay ALL THE TIME which is fantastic. 

    Hopefully you get your money soon guys!

    Reply
    Besides the bullshit fiasco with their ACH payments a few months ago, 5 dimes has been fantastic to me.  I requested 2000 FedEx on Tuesday.  3pm today FedEx rings my doorbell.  Its a check from a US company too.  Never had a problem with them for checks or Moneygram/Western Union.  The fees sometimes suck(only 1 free a month) but they pay ALL THE TIME which is fantastic. 

    Hopefully you get your money soon guys!

     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2012 - 11:32 PM ET #18

    If they have the money in my account on Monday/Tuesday and offer to cover the fees + some kind of incentive, I'm going to let it slide.  Otherwise, I'm probably going to be done with them.

    What it comes down to with me is they just aren't taking responsibility for these issues. And in my eyes, it's 100% there problem

     

    Reply

    If they have the money in my account on Monday/Tuesday and offer to cover the fees + some kind of incentive, I'm going to let it slide.  Otherwise, I'm probably going to be done with them.

    What it comes down to with me is they just aren't taking responsibility for these issues. And in my eyes, it's 100% there problem

     

     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2012 - 1:43 PM ET #19

    Money is back in the account this morning with this message:

    Dear Customer,

    Please be aware that your bank wire payment sent on 01/17/12 were refunded to your sports account & are currently available to be withdrawn free of charge. Please contact our Customer Service Staff to get your payout started.

    We apologize for the inconvenience & appreciate your patience in this matter.

    5Dimes Group Management Staff

    Ironic part is, when I asked what my payout options were for receiving money this week I was told only MG and WU and that they would only cover part of the fees on the withdrawals. 

    Also asked if there was anything they would be willing to do for me as the withdrawal didn't meet their deadline and I ended up over drafting one of my accounts.  Was told, NOPE!

    Not surprised at all, just don't trust this company any more.  Good luck to all that play there.
    Reply
    Money is back in the account this morning with this message:

    Dear Customer,

    Please be aware that your bank wire payment sent on 01/17/12 were refunded to your sports account & are currently available to be withdrawn free of charge. Please contact our Customer Service Staff to get your payout started.

    We apologize for the inconvenience & appreciate your patience in this matter.

    5Dimes Group Management Staff

    Ironic part is, when I asked what my payout options were for receiving money this week I was told only MG and WU and that they would only cover part of the fees on the withdrawals. 

    Also asked if there was anything they would be willing to do for me as the withdrawal didn't meet their deadline and I ended up over drafting one of my accounts.  Was told, NOPE!

    Not surprised at all, just don't trust this company any more.  Good luck to all that play there.
     
    Sasquatch499
    Sasquatch499
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2012 - 1:49 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by kdawgy:

    Money is back in the account this morning with this message:

    Dear Customer,

    Please be aware that your bank wire payment sent on 01/17/12 were refunded to your sports account & are currently available to be withdrawn free of charge. Please contact our Customer Service Staff to get your payout started.

    We apologize for the inconvenience & appreciate your patience in this matter.

    5Dimes Group Management Staff

    Ironic part is, when I asked what my payout options were for receiving money this week I was told only MG and WU and that they would only cover part of the fees on the withdrawals. 

    Also asked if there was anything they would be willing to do for me as the withdrawal didn't meet their deadline and I ended up over drafting one of my accounts.  Was told, NOPE!

    Not surprised at all, just don't trust this company any more.  Good luck to all that play there.
               I just spoke with ANDY from customer servicel  ive chat and he said the money would either go back to my account or the wire would go through . He said the usa bank was running an investigation with their proccessor been 2 weeks now . Although they do not have a  time table when anything was going to happen
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kdawgy:

    Money is back in the account this morning with this message:

    Dear Customer,

    Please be aware that your bank wire payment sent on 01/17/12 were refunded to your sports account & are currently available to be withdrawn free of charge. Please contact our Customer Service Staff to get your payout started.

    We apologize for the inconvenience & appreciate your patience in this matter.

    5Dimes Group Management Staff

    Ironic part is, when I asked what my payout options were for receiving money this week I was told only MG and WU and that they would only cover part of the fees on the withdrawals. 

    Also asked if there was anything they would be willing to do for me as the withdrawal didn't meet their deadline and I ended up over drafting one of my accounts.  Was told, NOPE!

    Not surprised at all, just don't trust this company any more.  Good luck to all that play there.
               I just spoke with ANDY from customer servicel  ive chat and he said the money would either go back to my account or the wire would go through . He said the usa bank was running an investigation with their proccessor been 2 weeks now . Although they do not have a  time table when anything was going to happen
     
    kdawgy
    kdawgy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 1742
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2012 - 4:38 PM ET #21

    Hmmmm.... So I'm lucky mine was back in my 5Dimes account today?  That's strange that the whole batch wouldn't have been returned together.

    Did my incessant complaining actually pay off? LOL
    Reply
    Hmmmm.... So I'm lucky mine was back in my 5Dimes account today?  That's strange that the whole batch wouldn't have been returned together.

    Did my incessant complaining actually pay off? LOL
     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2012 - 1:22 AM ET #22

    I got paid last week no problems.
    Asked for it on Monday in the allotted times and got the WU the next day.
    Took it to the store and voila
    Free and a little inconvenient but I got paid
    I liked the checks from SI and Bodog better
    I like the reduced juice at 5D though
    Reply
    I got paid last week no problems.
    Asked for it on Monday in the allotted times and got the WU the next day.
    Took it to the store and voila
    Free and a little inconvenient but I got paid
    I liked the checks from SI and Bodog better
    I like the reduced juice at 5D though
     
    tampa85
    tampa85
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 362
    Posted: Feb. 1, 2012 - 11:33 AM ET #23

    Got paid yesterday , no issues at 5dimes 
    Reply
    Got paid yesterday , no issues at 5dimes 
     
     
    binka34
    binka34
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 6704
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2012 - 10:33 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

    I got paid last week no problems.
    Asked for it on Monday in the allotted times and got the WU the next day.
    Took it to the store and voila
    Free and a little inconvenient but I got paid
    I liked the checks from SI and Bodog better
    I like the reduced juice at 5D though


    he's talking about a wire not money gram/wu
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdavis565:

    I got paid last week no problems.
    Asked for it on Monday in the allotted times and got the WU the next day.
    Took it to the store and voila
    Free and a little inconvenient but I got paid
    I liked the checks from SI and Bodog better
    I like the reduced juice at 5D though


    he's talking about a wire not money gram/wu
    All Forums | Gaming Industry - US

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Monday 10/05/2026 694
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,275
    • PART DEUX 186
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,721
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,781
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,808
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,655
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,117
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,605
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,715

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.