• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    2023 End of Year Random Thoughts

    1234 Next Last»
    Midnight1
    maxwagers781
    spockgato
    StumpTownStu
    benhogan76
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 402
    Posts: 91
    1234 Next Last»
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2023 - 10:50 AM ET #1

    While growing up as a teenager, I always thought Carol Burnett was sexy.

    I didn't realize actor Paul Giamatti (Billions, Sideways) was the son of former Baseball Commissioner, Bart Giamatti.

    I really enjoy watching Travolta dance.

    HEAT Rookie Jaime Jaquez is a dead ringer for Parker Schnabel on Gold Rush.

    I haven't taken a hot bath in decades. I prefer showering than to sit in a tub of my own filth.

    Kind of crazy when I realize I was born in the 1900's.

    While I dream of others, I wonder who might be dreaming of me.

    I've never "doubled-dip" in my life.

    I was never good with math until I learned how to cap the ponies.

    Anyone want to add to the list? 

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    While growing up as a teenager, I always thought Carol Burnett was sexy.

    I didn't realize actor Paul Giamatti (Billions, Sideways) was the son of former Baseball Commissioner, Bart Giamatti.

    I really enjoy watching Travolta dance.

    HEAT Rookie Jaime Jaquez is a dead ringer for Parker Schnabel on Gold Rush.

    I haven't taken a hot bath in decades. I prefer showering than to sit in a tub of my own filth.

    Kind of crazy when I realize I was born in the 1900's.

    While I dream of others, I wonder who might be dreaming of me.

    I've never "doubled-dip" in my life.

    I was never good with math until I learned how to cap the ponies.

    Anyone want to add to the list? 

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2023 - 11:16 AM ET #2

    In 04, I met actress Teri Hatcher in the buffet line during the Breeder's Cup at Lone Star Park. Her nipples were as erect as Farrah Fawcett's famous poster.

    Does anyone still wear a watch? I wanted to buy a watch for my nephew but he told me his phone handles the time for him. 

    You really don't know fear until someone points a gun at you.

    Have you told anyone anything that changed their or your lives? If so, what was it? I told this guy I was going to fire his ass if he showed up late again. He never did.

     

    Reply

    In 04, I met actress Teri Hatcher in the buffet line during the Breeder's Cup at Lone Star Park. Her nipples were as erect as Farrah Fawcett's famous poster.

    Does anyone still wear a watch? I wanted to buy a watch for my nephew but he told me his phone handles the time for him. 

    You really don't know fear until someone points a gun at you.

    Have you told anyone anything that changed their or your lives? If so, what was it? I told this guy I was going to fire his ass if he showed up late again. He never did.

     

     
    maxwagers781
    maxwagers781
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 3276
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2023 - 7:24 PM ET #3

    The last tv show series I watched was Animal Kingdom. But I still haven’t finished watching the last episode. This was three years ago. 


    The honey I have in my cupboard is not real honey. It’s a knockoff. Counterfeit food is a $1billion business. 

    I’m smart enough to know I’m not the smartest guy in the room. 

    Nuthin but a g thang baby
    Reply

    The last tv show series I watched was Animal Kingdom. But I still haven’t finished watching the last episode. This was three years ago. 


    The honey I have in my cupboard is not real honey. It’s a knockoff. Counterfeit food is a $1billion business. 

    I’m smart enough to know I’m not the smartest guy in the room. 

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2023 - 11:01 PM ET #4

    Don’t get me started .

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Don’t get me started .

     
    maxwagers781
    maxwagers781
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 3276
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2023 - 11:22 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    In 04, I met actress Teri Hatcher in the buffet line during the Breeder's Cup at Lone Star Park. Her nipples were as erect as Farrah Fawcett's famous poster. Does anyone still wear a watch? I wanted to buy a watch for my nephew but he told me his phone handles the time for him.  You really don't know fear until someone points a gun at you. Have you told anyone anything that changed their or your lives? If so, what was it? I told this guy I was going to fire his ass if he showed up late again. He never did.

     

     

    got a few nice watches in the collection.. pull them out on special occasions. looking to add more soon! good way to start the new years off right!! 

    Nuthin but a g thang baby
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    In 04, I met actress Teri Hatcher in the buffet line during the Breeder's Cup at Lone Star Park. Her nipples were as erect as Farrah Fawcett's famous poster. Does anyone still wear a watch? I wanted to buy a watch for my nephew but he told me his phone handles the time for him.  You really don't know fear until someone points a gun at you. Have you told anyone anything that changed their or your lives? If so, what was it? I told this guy I was going to fire his ass if he showed up late again. He never did.

     

     

    got a few nice watches in the collection.. pull them out on special occasions. looking to add more soon! good way to start the new years off right!! 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 9:27 AM ET #6

    Was surprised at the quality of the Covers swag I won earlier this year. I wear the T-shirt on Saturdays to increase my wagering mojo. It hasn't been cold enough in SFLA to wear the hoodie yet.

    As a kid I only remember Harry from the Navy sporting a tattoo. Now everyone & their mother has the body art.

    One of the best descriptions of a nymph was when singer John Mayer called Jessica Simpson "sexual napalm."  WOW...imagine that! 

    Reply

    Was surprised at the quality of the Covers swag I won earlier this year. I wear the T-shirt on Saturdays to increase my wagering mojo. It hasn't been cold enough in SFLA to wear the hoodie yet.

    As a kid I only remember Harry from the Navy sporting a tattoo. Now everyone & their mother has the body art.

    One of the best descriptions of a nymph was when singer John Mayer called Jessica Simpson "sexual napalm."  WOW...imagine that! 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 9:37 AM ET #7

    Seeing justice being dealt to Rudy, why would anyone ever want to skip jury duty? I don't get it.

    When did 3 pm schoolyard fights turn into bushwhacked shootings? Why/how did this change? I didn't have access to a gun until the government gave me one.

    Reply

    Seeing justice being dealt to Rudy, why would anyone ever want to skip jury duty? I don't get it.

    When did 3 pm schoolyard fights turn into bushwhacked shootings? Why/how did this change? I didn't have access to a gun until the government gave me one.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 10:01 AM ET #8

    I've never had a cup of coffee or eaten an egg.

    I think actor Seth Rogan is the white man's version of Snoop Dog.

    Peanut butter and jelly is still my favorite sandwich.

     

    Reply

    I've never had a cup of coffee or eaten an egg.

    I think actor Seth Rogan is the white man's version of Snoop Dog.

    Peanut butter and jelly is still my favorite sandwich.

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 10:51 AM ET #9

    In our country the closest some people have come to using a  computer is probably the timeclock they punch at work or maybe an ATM.

     

     

    Reply

    In our country the closest some people have come to using a  computer is probably the timeclock they punch at work or maybe an ATM.

     

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 11:27 AM ET #10

    Our fishing piers in SFLA are a great tourist attraction as well giving those who don't live on the water an inexpensive way to fish. Unfortunately, recent storms have damaged many of them & they are in need of expensive repairs. Progress is very very slow & that is very very sad.

    Reply

    Our fishing piers in SFLA are a great tourist attraction as well giving those who don't live on the water an inexpensive way to fish. Unfortunately, recent storms have damaged many of them & they are in need of expensive repairs. Progress is very very slow & that is very very sad.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 12:57 PM ET #11

    With AI (artificial intelligence) advancements, it will quickly become very difficult to differentiate reality from bullshit.

    Marijuana is much more potent now than when I as in my 20's. I believe we vote to legalize it on next year's ballot.

     

    Reply

    With AI (artificial intelligence) advancements, it will quickly become very difficult to differentiate reality from bullshit.

    Marijuana is much more potent now than when I as in my 20's. I believe we vote to legalize it on next year's ballot.

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 5:41 PM ET #12

    I use to say "I don't now" but I don't anymore since I know it all.

    Only problem is I can't remember shit.

    Reply

    I use to say "I don't now" but I don't anymore since I know it all.

    Only problem is I can't remember shit.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 9:49 PM ET #13

    If you want a good laugh, go on YouTube & watch Liberace singing "Feelin Groovy." Ya gotta love the plastic yellow vest.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_rHSTjyWN

    Reply

    If you want a good laugh, go on YouTube & watch Liberace singing "Feelin Groovy." Ya gotta love the plastic yellow vest.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_rHSTjyWN

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 10:11 PM ET #14

    Remember buying the whole album because you liked one song?

    Reply

    Remember buying the whole album because you liked one song?

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2023 - 10:54 PM ET #15

    I think Michael Jackson is the greatest performer I saw live.

    Reply

    I think Michael Jackson is the greatest performer I saw live.

     
    maxwagers781
    maxwagers781
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 3276
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 3:30 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I've never had a cup of coffee or eaten an egg. I think actor Seth Rogan is the white man's version of Snoop Dog. Peanut butter and jelly is still my favorite sandwich.

     

    you’ve at least had a cup of coffee by accident thinking it was decaf 

    confused

    Nuthin but a g thang baby
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I've never had a cup of coffee or eaten an egg. I think actor Seth Rogan is the white man's version of Snoop Dog. Peanut butter and jelly is still my favorite sandwich.

     

    you’ve at least had a cup of coffee by accident thinking it was decaf 

    confused

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 9:25 AM ET #17

    If someone were to steal/find my phone, and was able to bypass the very simple security code, they would have more access to certain aspects of my finances than I do. They would be able to access certain bank accounts, certain crypto wallets. Meanwhile if I were to attempt to access these same financial services it would be like, "You seem to be trying to access this account from a new device. We have to verify by sending a code to phone # (XXX)XXX-XXXX.

    sleep2

    Also, Google, Alphabet, knows everything about everybody.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    If someone were to steal/find my phone, and was able to bypass the very simple security code, they would have more access to certain aspects of my finances than I do. They would be able to access certain bank accounts, certain crypto wallets. Meanwhile if I were to attempt to access these same financial services it would be like, "You seem to be trying to access this account from a new device. We have to verify by sending a code to phone # (XXX)XXX-XXXX.

    sleep2

    Also, Google, Alphabet, knows everything about everybody.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 9:51 AM ET #18

    @Midnight1

     Carol Burnett has never been hot. Not even when you were a teenager. Sexy? I guess any woman can be sexy under the right circumstances.

    Paul Giamatti is an absolute fugly man. Did he inherit this from his dad? Great actor though. Not everyone can be Paul Newman.

    You enjoy watching John Travolta dance. That bears repeating.

    I went a couple decades without a bath, since childhood, until one day I tweaked my back, and we had two tubs with jets, and my wife was like, "You need to turn the jets on a take a soak." It was nice. That was like 8 or 9 years ago. Haven't taken a bath since. Showers are my jam!

    It's not crazy that you were born in the 1900s. I was born in the 1900s. What's crazy is that you were born I the early 1900s.

    What do you mean by double-dip?

    You don't have to be that good at math to cap the ponies. Luckily you don't have to be that good to run a business either. So after all you have accomplished, you still might be subpar at math.

    I love big, hard nipples.

    The only people wearing watches are people with Apple watches and watch collectors. And rappers maybe.

    Fear isn't having a gun pointed at you. I have had guns right in my face. Been shot at as well. You don't feel much of anything. You go blank. Numb. If you are in a fight or flight position, you tend to lean towards flight. This comes natural. If you are not in a fight or flight position, it's like time stops or something. It's weird. Then when it's all over, assuming you survive, the emotion and gravity of the situation set in. And it's paralyzing. At least for me it was. Some of these kids in these streets are so desensitized that it probably has no effect on them.

    You've never had a cup of coffee or eaten an egg? How? Why? I'm so confused.

    Hope all is well, brother.

    peace_5

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Midnight1

     Carol Burnett has never been hot. Not even when you were a teenager. Sexy? I guess any woman can be sexy under the right circumstances.

    Paul Giamatti is an absolute fugly man. Did he inherit this from his dad? Great actor though. Not everyone can be Paul Newman.

    You enjoy watching John Travolta dance. That bears repeating.

    I went a couple decades without a bath, since childhood, until one day I tweaked my back, and we had two tubs with jets, and my wife was like, "You need to turn the jets on a take a soak." It was nice. That was like 8 or 9 years ago. Haven't taken a bath since. Showers are my jam!

    It's not crazy that you were born in the 1900s. I was born in the 1900s. What's crazy is that you were born I the early 1900s.

    What do you mean by double-dip?

    You don't have to be that good at math to cap the ponies. Luckily you don't have to be that good to run a business either. So after all you have accomplished, you still might be subpar at math.

    I love big, hard nipples.

    The only people wearing watches are people with Apple watches and watch collectors. And rappers maybe.

    Fear isn't having a gun pointed at you. I have had guns right in my face. Been shot at as well. You don't feel much of anything. You go blank. Numb. If you are in a fight or flight position, you tend to lean towards flight. This comes natural. If you are not in a fight or flight position, it's like time stops or something. It's weird. Then when it's all over, assuming you survive, the emotion and gravity of the situation set in. And it's paralyzing. At least for me it was. Some of these kids in these streets are so desensitized that it probably has no effect on them.

    You've never had a cup of coffee or eaten an egg? How? Why? I'm so confused.

    Hope all is well, brother.

    peace_5

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 11:47 AM ET #19

    Is cocktail sauce just ketchup with horseradish in it ? What gives ? That fuckin’ sucks .

    And it’s so easy to riff on that word and make a thousand jokes .

    I could have a scenario where Carol Burnett would serve me shrimp cocktail and just go off on that for an hour plus .

    she’d still never be hot though . Not with them Gizmo from the Gremlins googly eyes . No way .

    but I could talk for days if she served me some chilled crustaceans with that spicy Heinz 57 son .

    I even might throw Heinz in there and riff on that .

    plus submarines implode sometimes and that’s a tragedy peace_5

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Is cocktail sauce just ketchup with horseradish in it ? What gives ? That fuckin’ sucks .

    And it’s so easy to riff on that word and make a thousand jokes .

    I could have a scenario where Carol Burnett would serve me shrimp cocktail and just go off on that for an hour plus .

    she’d still never be hot though . Not with them Gizmo from the Gremlins googly eyes . No way .

    but I could talk for days if she served me some chilled crustaceans with that spicy Heinz 57 son .

    I even might throw Heinz in there and riff on that .

    plus submarines implode sometimes and that’s a tragedy peace_5

     
    benhogan76
    benhogan76
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 63855
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 12:41 PM ET #20

    Teri Hatcherpeace_5

    We should stop eating bananas.
    Reply

    Teri Hatcherpeace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 3:03 PM ET #21

    @StumpTownStu

     Stu, I'm a sucker for women with high cheekbones & long legs resulting in Carol Burnett. She wasn't stroke material because that was for Puerto Rican singer/dancer Iris Chacon back in the day.  

    Check out Travolta dancing with Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction. You can feel the sexual tension between them.

    We don't go to may Christmas parties anymore but the thought of "double-dipping" came into my cranium the other day. Double-dipping is when someone takes a bite out of a chip or stalk of celery after dipping it in sauce/onion dip  & re dips the item after having it already in their mouths. The concept was made famous in a Seinfeld episode.

    Regarding math, Algebra & I were not friends. College Algebra was even worse. I started capping ponies when I was 16 & working with the numbers helped me later in life. Shit, that concern was gone when some genius developed the calculator.

    First time someone pointed a gun at me was in Nam & I almost shit my pants. Thank God my sergeant took care of the issue. Flight was never a consideration. 

    On Sunday mornings after church, the family would sit for breakfast which included warm Kaiser rolls, bacon, eggs, sausages, OJ & coffee polished off with fresh donuts. I was a bacon/sausages/OJ guy. Eggs have always looked slimly to me & scrambled eggs looked like rubber to me. I even pick out the pieces of egg in pork fried rice. I don't like drinking anything warm but I've had a hot chocolate probably less tha n 5 times in my life

    Stu, I want to thank you for a normal conversation which is rare in these forums. I hope you have a peaceful & wonderful holiday with your wife & extended family.

    peace_5 

     

     

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     Stu, I'm a sucker for women with high cheekbones & long legs resulting in Carol Burnett. She wasn't stroke material because that was for Puerto Rican singer/dancer Iris Chacon back in the day.  

    Check out Travolta dancing with Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction. You can feel the sexual tension between them.

    We don't go to may Christmas parties anymore but the thought of "double-dipping" came into my cranium the other day. Double-dipping is when someone takes a bite out of a chip or stalk of celery after dipping it in sauce/onion dip  & re dips the item after having it already in their mouths. The concept was made famous in a Seinfeld episode.

    Regarding math, Algebra & I were not friends. College Algebra was even worse. I started capping ponies when I was 16 & working with the numbers helped me later in life. Shit, that concern was gone when some genius developed the calculator.

    First time someone pointed a gun at me was in Nam & I almost shit my pants. Thank God my sergeant took care of the issue. Flight was never a consideration. 

    On Sunday mornings after church, the family would sit for breakfast which included warm Kaiser rolls, bacon, eggs, sausages, OJ & coffee polished off with fresh donuts. I was a bacon/sausages/OJ guy. Eggs have always looked slimly to me & scrambled eggs looked like rubber to me. I even pick out the pieces of egg in pork fried rice. I don't like drinking anything warm but I've had a hot chocolate probably less tha n 5 times in my life

    Stu, I want to thank you for a normal conversation which is rare in these forums. I hope you have a peaceful & wonderful holiday with your wife & extended family.

    peace_5 

     

     

     
    benhogan76
    benhogan76
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 63855
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 3:53 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @StumpTownStu  Stu, I'm a sucker for women with high cheekbones & long legs resulting in Carol Burnett. She wasn't stroke material because that was for Puerto Rican singer/dancer Iris Chacon back in the day.   Check out Travolta dancing with Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction. You can feel the sexual tension between them. We don't go to may Christmas parties anymore but the thought of "double-dipping" came into my cranium the other day. Double-dipping is when someone takes a bite out of a chip or stalk of celery after dipping it in sauce/onion dip  & re dips the item after having it already in their mouths. The concept was made famous in a Seinfeld episode. Regarding math, Algebra & I were not friends. College Algebra was even worse. I started capping ponies when I was 16 & working with the numbers helped me later in life. Shit, that concern was gone when some genius developed the calculator. First time someone pointed a gun at me was in Nam & I almost shit my pants. Thank God my sergeant took care of the issue. Flight was never a consideration.  On Sunday mornings after church, the family would sit for breakfast which included warm Kaiser rolls, bacon, eggs, sausages, OJ & coffee polished off with fresh donuts. I was a bacon/sausages/OJ guy. Eggs have always looked slimly to me & scrambled eggs looked like rubber to me. I even pick out the pieces of egg in pork fried rice. I don't like drinking anything warm but I've had a hot chocolate probably less tha n 5 times in my life Stu, I want to thank you for a normal conversation which is rare in these forums. I hope you have a peaceful & wonderful holiday with your wife & extended family.
    A fried egg on a hamburger is a life altering experience.  peace_5

    We should stop eating bananas.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @StumpTownStu  Stu, I'm a sucker for women with high cheekbones & long legs resulting in Carol Burnett. She wasn't stroke material because that was for Puerto Rican singer/dancer Iris Chacon back in the day.   Check out Travolta dancing with Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction. You can feel the sexual tension between them. We don't go to may Christmas parties anymore but the thought of "double-dipping" came into my cranium the other day. Double-dipping is when someone takes a bite out of a chip or stalk of celery after dipping it in sauce/onion dip  & re dips the item after having it already in their mouths. The concept was made famous in a Seinfeld episode. Regarding math, Algebra & I were not friends. College Algebra was even worse. I started capping ponies when I was 16 & working with the numbers helped me later in life. Shit, that concern was gone when some genius developed the calculator. First time someone pointed a gun at me was in Nam & I almost shit my pants. Thank God my sergeant took care of the issue. Flight was never a consideration.  On Sunday mornings after church, the family would sit for breakfast which included warm Kaiser rolls, bacon, eggs, sausages, OJ & coffee polished off with fresh donuts. I was a bacon/sausages/OJ guy. Eggs have always looked slimly to me & scrambled eggs looked like rubber to me. I even pick out the pieces of egg in pork fried rice. I don't like drinking anything warm but I've had a hot chocolate probably less tha n 5 times in my life Stu, I want to thank you for a normal conversation which is rare in these forums. I hope you have a peaceful & wonderful holiday with your wife & extended family.
    A fried egg on a hamburger is a life altering experience.  peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 4:50 PM ET #23

    Games of chance were instilled in who I am at an early stage of life. It started with the 6 of us picking the trotters at Yonkers while watching live racing on WOR Channel 9 in NYC. Then it was attending the church Bazaars with the spinning wheels & ping pong balls trying to win a goldfish. I quickly learned that spending $5 to win a 25 cents was just dumb. We also have a Christmas tradition that WILL live on in the family. 

    My father would buy $2 Lottery Scratch Off tickets & stick them under our plate at Christmas dinner. After dinner & before my birthday party (I was born on Christmas Day) we would scratch the tickets to see if anyone had won. My godchildren are now old enough to learn about games of chance & they will be indoctrinated this year. My kids aren't really excited about the idea but I told them "it's tradition. Deal with it."

    I know they will. I raised them to respect traditions.

    Reply

    Games of chance were instilled in who I am at an early stage of life. It started with the 6 of us picking the trotters at Yonkers while watching live racing on WOR Channel 9 in NYC. Then it was attending the church Bazaars with the spinning wheels & ping pong balls trying to win a goldfish. I quickly learned that spending $5 to win a 25 cents was just dumb. We also have a Christmas tradition that WILL live on in the family. 

    My father would buy $2 Lottery Scratch Off tickets & stick them under our plate at Christmas dinner. After dinner & before my birthday party (I was born on Christmas Day) we would scratch the tickets to see if anyone had won. My godchildren are now old enough to learn about games of chance & they will be indoctrinated this year. My kids aren't really excited about the idea but I told them "it's tradition. Deal with it."

    I know they will. I raised them to respect traditions.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 4:51 PM ET #24

    @benhogan76

    Good Lord...YUCK!

    an_roll_laugh

     

    Reply

    @benhogan76

    Good Lord...YUCK!

    an_roll_laugh

     

     
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25535
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2023 - 5:38 PM ET #25

    We all have our wagering nemesis. Betting Virginia Basketball OVERS, Yankee UNDERS etc. are a couple of mine.

    I was enjoying Sunday football games when I was reminded of another nemesis. At Oaklawn Park I wheeled jockey Julian Leparoux in the exacta & late double. He was on the chalk #12 in the 9th race. This fucker was out for a walk in the park running a tiring 5th & never making a freaking move. This prick has cost me more money than all my ex-girlfriends combined.

    an_getaway

    Reply

    We all have our wagering nemesis. Betting Virginia Basketball OVERS, Yankee UNDERS etc. are a couple of mine.

    I was enjoying Sunday football games when I was reminded of another nemesis. At Oaklawn Park I wheeled jockey Julian Leparoux in the exacta & late double. He was on the chalk #12 in the 9th race. This fucker was out for a walk in the park running a tiring 5th & never making a freaking move. This prick has cost me more money than all my ex-girlfriends combined.

    an_getaway

    All Forums | General Discussion
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,672
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,303
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,051
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,754
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,443
    • MLB Playoffs 5,346
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,343
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,297
    • Week 5 Money 11,134
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 4,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.