• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    this one was scarey..

    12 Next Last»
    lennon65
    TheGoldenGoose
    StumpTownStu
    JumpinJeremy55
    The Hawk
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1330
    Posts: 34
    12 Next Last»
     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Jul. 5, 2019 - 11:43 PM ET #1

    7.1 mag.lasted along time. felt sea sick.. hanging plants swayed like they were possessed. ive been in several since living here but this one was by far the strongest..


    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    7.1 mag.lasted along time. felt sea sick.. hanging plants swayed like they were possessed. ive been in several since living here but this one was by far the strongest..


     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Jul. 5, 2019 - 11:47 PM ET #2

    it was a rolling feeling not a shaking. 1030a 4th of july was a 6.4 then 430a this morning had a small tremor and now this one scared the garbage out of me.

    im sure theres damage somewhere here in town. i mean that was crazy folks.
    Reply
    it was a rolling feeling not a shaking. 1030a 4th of july was a 6.4 then 430a this morning had a small tremor and now this one scared the garbage out of me.

    im sure theres damage somewhere here in town. i mean that was crazy folks.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 1:20 AM ET #3


    One of these days it's going to split off and fall into the Pacific.

    Get the FRIG outta there. 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    One of these days it's going to split off and fall into the Pacific.

    Get the FRIG outta there. 
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 1:45 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    7.1 mag.lasted along time. felt sea sick.. hanging plants swayed like they were possessed. ive been in several since living here but this one was by far the strongest..

    That's a huge earthquake. The Quake of '89 was like a 6.7 or 6.9 or something.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    7.1 mag.lasted along time. felt sea sick.. hanging plants swayed like they were possessed. ive been in several since living here but this one was by far the strongest..

    That's a huge earthquake. The Quake of '89 was like a 6.7 or 6.9 or something.

     
    JumpinJeremy55
    JumpinJeremy55
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2017
    Posts: 3094
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 11:23 AM ET #5

    i will never go to san francisco!! an_nailbiteran_bomb

    j
    Reply

    i will never go to san francisco!! an_nailbiteran_bomb

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 11:40 AM ET #6

    In 89, I was working in San Mateo, south of South San Francisco. 

    At 5:04, just getting off work, turned on the key to my car. Just paid $1500 for some transmission work. 
    Quake hit (6.9, btw), car starts shaking. Damnit! 

    That f'in transmission! Get out of car, slam door. Car still shakin' Damn! That F'in Rotten Robbie gas! Car engine won't stop! Car still shaking, engine has to be on, right?

    Look down at my hand. I got the keys............I see the pavement moving. Most of Foster City (other side of 101 freeway) and some parts of San Mateo were built on landfill. It's rippling like water waves. ENTIRE parking lot. I look up, my office was two 9-story buildings..............and they are swaying like Hula girls......

    I had time to ask myself a question "Could I outrun a falling 9-story building"? I concluded that I was so scared I PROBABLY COULD...............................fortunately, it didn't happen.

    Took forever to get home. They had Al Michaels recording of his feed going out, and players for both teams were on the field, because being under a structure was not a good idea. Going down freeway, halfway home, fast lane dropped 4 feet, so everybody move over.....

    Getting into town, all the signals are out. Garage under apartment. No choice. Girlfriend in tears when she gets home from interview at Stanford. We go into the apartment........................TO BE CONTINUED

     

    Reply

    In 89, I was working in San Mateo, south of South San Francisco. 

    At 5:04, just getting off work, turned on the key to my car. Just paid $1500 for some transmission work. 
    Quake hit (6.9, btw), car starts shaking. Damnit! 

    That f'in transmission! Get out of car, slam door. Car still shakin' Damn! That F'in Rotten Robbie gas! Car engine won't stop! Car still shaking, engine has to be on, right?

    Look down at my hand. I got the keys............I see the pavement moving. Most of Foster City (other side of 101 freeway) and some parts of San Mateo were built on landfill. It's rippling like water waves. ENTIRE parking lot. I look up, my office was two 9-story buildings..............and they are swaying like Hula girls......

    I had time to ask myself a question "Could I outrun a falling 9-story building"? I concluded that I was so scared I PROBABLY COULD...............................fortunately, it didn't happen.

    Took forever to get home. They had Al Michaels recording of his feed going out, and players for both teams were on the field, because being under a structure was not a good idea. Going down freeway, halfway home, fast lane dropped 4 feet, so everybody move over.....

    Getting into town, all the signals are out. Garage under apartment. No choice. Girlfriend in tears when she gets home from interview at Stanford. We go into the apartment........................TO BE CONTINUED

     

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 7:12 PM ET #7

    ........we go in, two cats cowering under the bed. They wouldn't come out until we both got under the blankets. The dishwasher wandered out into the middle of the kitchen. Our everyday plates over the sink, move a few feet horizontally, then went straight down into the sink. Perfectly still stacked, not one plate even broken. Had to go straight down 4 feet.

    We went back out into the courtyard, where everybody was still too afraid to go back inside. Some of us would visit others (new friends made otherwise that would never happen). I remember we went up to a gay couple show us what they had left. They had this beautiful phonograph. It was like a 1906, over 80 years old. It was still standing on the rickety stand it had when new. 10 feet away in the bathroom, the shower/tub doors were shattered. I mean, busted to sh*t. 10 feet away. That's the way shock waves work. Some are concentrated in certain space, others, calm as can be....weird. The sun was going down, we had to go back inside. Her parents were calling us, and not getting through. We could get ahold of my Mother, so we gave them her parents phone number, and we relayed messages. My Mother heard the Golden Gate went into the water.........nope. An upper deck fell into a lower deck of the 880 in Oakland, totally crushing to death many lives. Place..........time.........just horrific. When people driving under an overpass, people would stop, and wait until it was clear that they could drive across with minimum of time spent under the overpass, lest it fall on top of you.

    Looked it up. I was 55 miles away from the epicenter at 5:04. Later I moved to Bakersfield (company paid for the move). Got the Hell outta there 3 years ago to Tempe. Turns out, Bake town was just 77 miles away from Ridgecrest, as the crow flys. From a 7.l.  No wonder nobody wants to hang with me...quiet

    Reply

    ........we go in, two cats cowering under the bed. They wouldn't come out until we both got under the blankets. The dishwasher wandered out into the middle of the kitchen. Our everyday plates over the sink, move a few feet horizontally, then went straight down into the sink. Perfectly still stacked, not one plate even broken. Had to go straight down 4 feet.

    We went back out into the courtyard, where everybody was still too afraid to go back inside. Some of us would visit others (new friends made otherwise that would never happen). I remember we went up to a gay couple show us what they had left. They had this beautiful phonograph. It was like a 1906, over 80 years old. It was still standing on the rickety stand it had when new. 10 feet away in the bathroom, the shower/tub doors were shattered. I mean, busted to sh*t. 10 feet away. That's the way shock waves work. Some are concentrated in certain space, others, calm as can be....weird. The sun was going down, we had to go back inside. Her parents were calling us, and not getting through. We could get ahold of my Mother, so we gave them her parents phone number, and we relayed messages. My Mother heard the Golden Gate went into the water.........nope. An upper deck fell into a lower deck of the 880 in Oakland, totally crushing to death many lives. Place..........time.........just horrific. When people driving under an overpass, people would stop, and wait until it was clear that they could drive across with minimum of time spent under the overpass, lest it fall on top of you.

    Looked it up. I was 55 miles away from the epicenter at 5:04. Later I moved to Bakersfield (company paid for the move). Got the Hell outta there 3 years ago to Tempe. Turns out, Bake town was just 77 miles away from Ridgecrest, as the crow flys. From a 7.l.  No wonder nobody wants to hang with me...quiet

     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 10:18 PM ET #8

    I have a decent amount of family in Ridgecrest, some of the photos my cousin took are crazy. Roads splitting, a collapsed mobile home etc.

    I am in LA it was a nice roller but I am used to it. We havn't felt much EQ activity in years.
    Reply
    I have a decent amount of family in Ridgecrest, some of the photos my cousin took are crazy. Roads splitting, a collapsed mobile home etc.

    I am in LA it was a nice roller but I am used to it. We havn't felt much EQ activity in years.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 11:45 PM ET #9

    on job the 1st one...its no fun in the city thinking if its the big one you will never get home. 2nd and big one was at home ... was it ever gonna stop ? or is this it?My fish tank looked like a tsunami hit. 89 Quake I was living in Hollywood .. very old 2 story building , asleep with my girl ...holy sht she panicked and I thought it was Jesus or world war 3 ...took a few seconds to realize it was an earthquake.
    Reply
    on job the 1st one...its no fun in the city thinking if its the big one you will never get home. 2nd and big one was at home ... was it ever gonna stop ? or is this it?My fish tank looked like a tsunami hit. 89 Quake I was living in Hollywood .. very old 2 story building , asleep with my girl ...holy sht she panicked and I thought it was Jesus or world war 3 ...took a few seconds to realize it was an earthquake.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Jul. 6, 2019 - 11:46 PM ET #10

    * 87 Whittier Quake.
    Reply
    * 87 Whittier Quake.
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 12:13 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJeremy55:

    i will never go to san francisco!!

    Wish more people were like you.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJeremy55:

    i will never go to san francisco!!

    Wish more people were like you.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 12:24 AM ET #12

    I was a little kid. I was maxed out on the couch getting ready to watch the game. My parents were one room away in the dining room playing dominoes. The shaking starts and I freeze up in shock. My mother calls out to me to get down. I'm frozen. So she runs in to me. We had this huge china cabinet behind where my mother was sitting. As soon as she runs to me it collapses on her chair. Could've been really bad if not fatal. She was saved by her motherly love.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I was a little kid. I was maxed out on the couch getting ready to watch the game. My parents were one room away in the dining room playing dominoes. The shaking starts and I freeze up in shock. My mother calls out to me to get down. I'm frozen. So she runs in to me. We had this huge china cabinet behind where my mother was sitting. As soon as she runs to me it collapses on her chair. Could've been really bad if not fatal. She was saved by her motherly love.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 12:29 AM ET #13

    I grew up in West Oakland so I was walking distance from the Cypress structure. Maybe a mile away, if that.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I grew up in West Oakland so I was walking distance from the Cypress structure. Maybe a mile away, if that.

     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 12:31 AM ET #14

    SF,love that city. My son lives there. 

    Reply

    SF,love that city. My son lives there. 

     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35522
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 12:49 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    it was a rolling feeling not a shaking. 1030a 4th of july was a 6.4 then 430a this morning had a small tremor and now this one scared the garbage out of me.

    im sure theres damage somewhere here in town. i mean that was crazy folks.

    Around 8:19 pm on Friday..I felt the last one..

    ...and I was 350 miles away outside Phoenix on the 8th floor of an apartment complex and it was like you described ..not a shake, but a rolling motion ,,twice in a roll ..like being in a boat docked at a pier, with the big waves rolling in...and heard things rolling around in the apt.directly above ...the woman I was with also said it made her feel a little sea sick ...Scary feeling..  esp.when you are that far up .. I can imagine how damn scary you must have felt ..being closer to the quake..
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by lennon65:

    it was a rolling feeling not a shaking. 1030a 4th of july was a 6.4 then 430a this morning had a small tremor and now this one scared the garbage out of me.

    im sure theres damage somewhere here in town. i mean that was crazy folks.

    Around 8:19 pm on Friday..I felt the last one..

    ...and I was 350 miles away outside Phoenix on the 8th floor of an apartment complex and it was like you described ..not a shake, but a rolling motion ,,twice in a roll ..like being in a boat docked at a pier, with the big waves rolling in...and heard things rolling around in the apt.directly above ...the woman I was with also said it made her feel a little sea sick ...Scary feeling..  esp.when you are that far up .. I can imagine how damn scary you must have felt ..being closer to the quake..
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 12:58 AM ET #16

    Help me here, because I don't understand the thought process.  Why the He!l wouldn't you just pack up whatever you can get together and just get the fukk outta that place???  What is holding you there?  Family, Job, WHAT?

    I would have said Fukk this sh!t and been LONG GONE.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Help me here, because I don't understand the thought process.  Why the He!l wouldn't you just pack up whatever you can get together and just get the fukk outta that place???  What is holding you there?  Family, Job, WHAT?

    I would have said Fukk this sh!t and been LONG GONE.
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 1:01 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Help me here, because I don't understand the thought process.  Why the He!l wouldn't you just pack up whatever you can get together and just get the fukk outta that place???  What is holding you there?  Family, Job, WHAT?I would have said Fukk this sh!t and been LONG GONE.

     

    an_roll_laughits the weather .

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Help me here, because I don't understand the thought process.  Why the He!l wouldn't you just pack up whatever you can get together and just get the fukk outta that place???  What is holding you there?  Family, Job, WHAT?I would have said Fukk this sh!t and been LONG GONE.

     

    an_roll_laughits the weather .

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2019 - 2:03 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    SF,love that city. My son lives there.

    When you grow up in Oakland, especially the West, you kinda grow up like, "F*ck Frisco!" but I grew to love it as an adult. I'm a Union man in SF and through that, some of my closest bros are natives. I also spent a lot of time going to shows in SF in my 20s.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:

    SF,love that city. My son lives there.

    When you grow up in Oakland, especially the West, you kinda grow up like, "F*ck Frisco!" but I grew to love it as an adult. I'm a Union man in SF and through that, some of my closest bros are natives. I also spent a lot of time going to shows in SF in my 20s.

     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2019 - 4:07 PM ET #19

    You guys stay careful on the coast!!!
    Reply
    You guys stay careful on the coast!!!
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2019 - 9:16 PM ET #20

    I have Vertigo 24/7 the last 4 weeks. People all around me jumped up and headed for the door. I just sat there. Felt nothing. Wanna talk about real fear....
    Reply
    I have Vertigo 24/7 the last 4 weeks. People all around me jumped up and headed for the door. I just sat there. Felt nothing. Wanna talk about real fear....
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2019 - 10:21 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I have Vertigo 24/7 the last 4 weeks. People all around me jumped up and headed for the door. I just sat there. Felt nothing. Wanna talk about real fear....

    What's going on, bro?

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I have Vertigo 24/7 the last 4 weeks. People all around me jumped up and headed for the door. I just sat there. Felt nothing. Wanna talk about real fear....

    What's going on, bro?

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2019 - 11:42 PM ET #22

    Not to worry. 
    Trump will help California.
    A POTUS you West-Coasters can depend upon.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Not to worry. 
    Trump will help California.
    A POTUS you West-Coasters can depend upon.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2019 - 4:11 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I have Vertigo 24/7 the last 4 weeks. People all around me jumped up and headed for the door. I just sat there. Felt nothing. Wanna talk about real fear....
    Went through that about 3 years ago & it sucks. It was only severe for about 5-6 weeks but I'm still only about 95% recovered. It was bizarre.....came on in a matter of a couple hours.
     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    I have Vertigo 24/7 the last 4 weeks. People all around me jumped up and headed for the door. I just sat there. Felt nothing. Wanna talk about real fear....
    Went through that about 3 years ago & it sucks. It was only severe for about 5-6 weeks but I'm still only about 95% recovered. It was bizarre.....came on in a matter of a couple hours.
     
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2019 - 4:17 PM ET #24

    We had the infamous "Nisqually Quake" up here about 20 years ago........same thing......rolling for about 30-40 seconds. I was working alone at a remote VZ site at the time, about 100 miles from the epicenter.......thought I was trippin.
    Reply
    We had the infamous "Nisqually Quake" up here about 20 years ago........same thing......rolling for about 30-40 seconds. I was working alone at a remote VZ site at the time, about 100 miles from the epicenter.......thought I was trippin.
     
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2019 - 6:58 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    We had the infamous "Nisqually Quake" up here about 20 years ago........same thing......rolling for about 30-40 seconds. I was working alone at a remote VZ site at the time, about 100 miles from the epicenter.......thought I was trippin.
    Earth quakes are a reality in the NW. Not to mention volcanic eruptions.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by THEMUGG:

    We had the infamous "Nisqually Quake" up here about 20 years ago........same thing......rolling for about 30-40 seconds. I was working alone at a remote VZ site at the time, about 100 miles from the epicenter.......thought I was trippin.
    Earth quakes are a reality in the NW. Not to mention volcanic eruptions.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,704
    • Monday 09/28/2026 812
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,193
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,826
    • PART DEUX 269
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,282
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,004
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,441
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,672
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,396

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.