• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    MAY MARKET THREAD

    «First Previous 1234
    Gunners
    wallstreetcappers
    grapevinekid
    whereismyhat
    Vermeer
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1800
    Posts: 94
    «First Previous 1234
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: May. 7, 2008 - 4:19 PM ET #76

    HANS getting CRUSHED.  I had some calls this morning.  i sold 3/4 of them for a gain, i'm left with 1/4 of them that will be worthless tomorrow, making me even on the trade.  I wanted that lotto ticket though.  like most lottos, i lost. 

    Buying HANS in the $20's will be nice though. 

    Somehow, people still want to buy ugly footwear, as CROX is up huge

    Reply

    HANS getting CRUSHED.  I had some calls this morning.  i sold 3/4 of them for a gain, i'm left with 1/4 of them that will be worthless tomorrow, making me even on the trade.  I wanted that lotto ticket though.  like most lottos, i lost. 

    Buying HANS in the $20's will be nice though. 

    Somehow, people still want to buy ugly footwear, as CROX is up huge

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 7, 2008 - 5:30 PM ET #77

    Gunners,

    I agree..wacky after market action.

    CROX giving 50 cent guidance for the year and the stock pops. Even at 50 cents per share, 10 bucks gives them a 20 PE ratio for 10-15% growth. I dont see much reason to own the stock.

    HANS on the other hand should earn 1.20 or higher with growth in the 20-25% range.

    Seems to me that one is a better buy over the other.  
    Reply
    Gunners,

    I agree..wacky after market action.

    CROX giving 50 cent guidance for the year and the stock pops. Even at 50 cents per share, 10 bucks gives them a 20 PE ratio for 10-15% growth. I dont see much reason to own the stock.

    HANS on the other hand should earn 1.20 or higher with growth in the 20-25% range.

    Seems to me that one is a better buy over the other.  
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: May. 8, 2008 - 10:52 AM ET #78

    I took profits on half of my SPY puts.  I bought puts on IWM and MER this morning.  The early morning up-action was unimpressive.  LEH is down big
    Reply
    I took profits on half of my SPY puts.  I bought puts on IWM and MER this morning.  The early morning up-action was unimpressive.  LEH is down big
     
    grapevinekid
    grapevinekid
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2002
    Posts: 6524
    Posted: May. 8, 2008 - 11:05 AM ET #79

    .Wallstreet: You got the numbers wrong on CROX. They're still projecting over 1.50 this yr which puts their PE under 8.

    Crocs, Inc. (CROX) posted earnings of 9 cents per share, vs. 31 cents a year ago, as profit margin narrowed but revenue still rose 40%. Crocs says it still expects earnings of $1.54 to $1.64 per share this year.

    Reply

    .Wallstreet: You got the numbers wrong on CROX. They're still projecting over 1.50 this yr which puts their PE under 8.

    Crocs, Inc. (CROX) posted earnings of 9 cents per share, vs. 31 cents a year ago, as profit margin narrowed but revenue still rose 40%. Crocs says it still expects earnings of $1.54 to $1.64 per share this year.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 8, 2008 - 11:24 AM ET #80

    Yep I misread this report last night.

    I thought they said 45-50 cents for the year, but I re-read it and that was for the next Q.

    I would wager some bananas they dont hit 1.50 this next year..
    Reply
    Yep I misread this report last night.

    I thought they said 45-50 cents for the year, but I re-read it and that was for the next Q.

    I would wager some bananas they dont hit 1.50 this next year..
     
    grapevinekid
    grapevinekid
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2002
    Posts: 6524
    Posted: May. 8, 2008 - 11:47 AM ET #81

    Wallstreet: In case you missed it in last month's thread, I sold my calls on CROX a couple of wks ago so today's bounce means nothing to me other than a missed opportunity. I have taken a large position in FRPT. I bought some at 3.01 about 3-4 wks ago, Bought some more at 3.45 and then bought some more at 3.80 on Monday.
     
    Despite their accounting fiasco, I really think this is a good shot at a double or more in the next yr. The stock was never worth 30 where it was trading w/in the last 52 wks but I think it's pretty safe to say they had over $500 mil in revenue in 2007 despite the fact they haven't filed the 10k for 4th qtr. Unlike HSOA's shenanigans(announcing contracts with bogus companies), you can't lie about contracts with the military.
     
    With a market cap around 250 mil and modest earning projections, this company is trading at tiny valuations. We aren't leaving Iraq or Afghanistan any time soon and IEDs seem to be the weapon of choice for our enemies so FRPT's product is indispensible.
     
    I really really like FRPT. 
    Reply
    Wallstreet: In case you missed it in last month's thread, I sold my calls on CROX a couple of wks ago so today's bounce means nothing to me other than a missed opportunity. I have taken a large position in FRPT. I bought some at 3.01 about 3-4 wks ago, Bought some more at 3.45 and then bought some more at 3.80 on Monday.
     
    Despite their accounting fiasco, I really think this is a good shot at a double or more in the next yr. The stock was never worth 30 where it was trading w/in the last 52 wks but I think it's pretty safe to say they had over $500 mil in revenue in 2007 despite the fact they haven't filed the 10k for 4th qtr. Unlike HSOA's shenanigans(announcing contracts with bogus companies), you can't lie about contracts with the military.
     
    With a market cap around 250 mil and modest earning projections, this company is trading at tiny valuations. We aren't leaving Iraq or Afghanistan any time soon and IEDs seem to be the weapon of choice for our enemies so FRPT's product is indispensible.
     
    I really really like FRPT. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 8, 2008 - 11:58 AM ET #82

    gvk,

    I keep scratching my head regarding FRPT and of course I own some.

    I should have been buying in the low buck area rather than thinking of selling..its been a great move from there.

    I agree with you about the revenue numbers, the problem is that they have to get sales going, especially for the Cheetahs. The stock is wallowing because of that fact..even with the 2x revenues in the books for the next year..
    Reply
    gvk,

    I keep scratching my head regarding FRPT and of course I own some.

    I should have been buying in the low buck area rather than thinking of selling..its been a great move from there.

    I agree with you about the revenue numbers, the problem is that they have to get sales going, especially for the Cheetahs. The stock is wallowing because of that fact..even with the 2x revenues in the books for the next year..
     
    grapevinekid
    grapevinekid
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2002
    Posts: 6524
    Posted: May. 8, 2008 - 12:08 PM ET #83

    Wallstreet: I hope we're right on this one. This one could be my ticket out of my day job and into the sports bar business if my expectations are met.
    Reply
    Wallstreet: I hope we're right on this one. This one could be my ticket out of my day job and into the sports bar business if my expectations are met.
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: May. 8, 2008 - 4:59 PM ET #84

    AIG:  miss much?
     
    Credit Default Swaps
    Reply
    AIG:  miss much?
     
    Credit Default Swaps
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 8, 2008 - 5:53 PM ET #85

    gvk,

    FRPT going to be down tomorrow..might add a little bit on that news.

    Nothing that we didnt already know, but it will drag for sure.
    Reply
    gvk,

    FRPT going to be down tomorrow..might add a little bit on that news.

    Nothing that we didnt already know, but it will drag for sure.
     
    whereismyhat
    whereismyhat
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 16136
    Posted: May. 8, 2008 - 9:48 PM ET #86

    AIG, is a competitor of mine... that's crazy news today! hahahahaha...sorry for laughing if any of you own the stock, but damn you should see what I have to go up against, when I compete against them

    Reply

    AIG, is a competitor of mine... that's crazy news today! hahahahaha...sorry for laughing if any of you own the stock, but damn you should see what I have to go up against, when I compete against them

     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: May. 9, 2008 - 4:53 PM ET #87


    Wall:

    I know you are committed to DRYS, and so this is just a general question: what do you think of these recs from others:I have done zero research on them...

    You see, Charles H. Dow wrote a series of Wall Street Journal editorials from 1900 until 1902 that outlined the metrics of Dow Theory. During this time (which was over 100 years ago!) the transport sector in the United States was one of the most powerful sector groups in the entire world. But now, as the global economy has become more important than ever, I believe that the “new” Dow Transportation index should be The Baltic Dry Index (BDI).

    The Baltic Dry Index, also known as the "Dry Bulk Index," is a shipping and trade index created by the London-based Baltic Exchange. It measures changes in the cost to transport raw materials such as metals, grains and fossil fuels by sea. Any changes in the Baltic Dry Index offer investors like us important insight into the global supply and demand trends, and these changes have proven to be leading indicators of future economic growth.

    So here’s the upshot…

    Given the strength of the Dow Transports, combined with my view that the Baltic Dry Index is now the superior global transport indicator, I’d like to offer you two powerful small-cap investments that will fully capitalize any continued strength in this powerful sector.

    The first company is called OceanFreight (OCNF:NASDAQ). Founded in 2006 and based in Athens, Greece, OceanFreight owns a fleet of 11 vessels that engage in the marine transportation of dry-bulk and crude-oil cargoes.



    The second company is called Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK:NASDAQ). Incorporated in 2006 and also headquartered in Athens, Star Bulk Carriers owns a fleet consisting of nine dry-bulk carriers which transport iron ore, coal, grain, steel, cement, and fertilizer.

    As you can see from each chart, both of these small-cap shipping stocks have been recovering very nicely, and I fully expect them to pick up steam as the economy recovers. Not only that, but OCNF and SLBK both have attractive forward annual dividend yields -- 13.40% and 11.10%, respectively. This sure beats a 4% CD at a subprime-leveraged bank!





    Reply

    Wall:

    I know you are committed to DRYS, and so this is just a general question: what do you think of these recs from others:I have done zero research on them...

    You see, Charles H. Dow wrote a series of Wall Street Journal editorials from 1900 until 1902 that outlined the metrics of Dow Theory. During this time (which was over 100 years ago!) the transport sector in the United States was one of the most powerful sector groups in the entire world. But now, as the global economy has become more important than ever, I believe that the “new” Dow Transportation index should be The Baltic Dry Index (BDI).

    The Baltic Dry Index, also known as the "Dry Bulk Index," is a shipping and trade index created by the London-based Baltic Exchange. It measures changes in the cost to transport raw materials such as metals, grains and fossil fuels by sea. Any changes in the Baltic Dry Index offer investors like us important insight into the global supply and demand trends, and these changes have proven to be leading indicators of future economic growth.

    So here’s the upshot…

    Given the strength of the Dow Transports, combined with my view that the Baltic Dry Index is now the superior global transport indicator, I’d like to offer you two powerful small-cap investments that will fully capitalize any continued strength in this powerful sector.

    The first company is called OceanFreight (OCNF:NASDAQ). Founded in 2006 and based in Athens, Greece, OceanFreight owns a fleet of 11 vessels that engage in the marine transportation of dry-bulk and crude-oil cargoes.



    The second company is called Star Bulk Carriers (SBLK:NASDAQ). Incorporated in 2006 and also headquartered in Athens, Star Bulk Carriers owns a fleet consisting of nine dry-bulk carriers which transport iron ore, coal, grain, steel, cement, and fertilizer.

    As you can see from each chart, both of these small-cap shipping stocks have been recovering very nicely, and I fully expect them to pick up steam as the economy recovers. Not only that, but OCNF and SLBK both have attractive forward annual dividend yields -- 13.40% and 11.10%, respectively. This sure beats a 4% CD at a subprime-leveraged bank!





     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 9, 2008 - 8:27 PM ET #88

    Vermeer,

    Yeah I have preference to DRYS because the mix they have, the shift to purchase Ocean Rig and the drill ships, the valuation, margins etc. But there is high risk with it, and I am willing to take that risk.

    SBLK has 10 carriers with 3/0/7 mix, the larger size is the Capsize (2) then pana and supramax. They have a 500M market cap, 3M in sales (I am sure that will go up) 300k in cash and no debt, which means when they buy ships (if) they use stock to get cash.

    Margins are unknown, yahoo has some messed up numbers.

    Fleet info

    They are locked up on LONG time charters outside one, so they wont go up stock wise, but the dividend will be steady..not my cup of tea at all.

    Ocean Freight has 9 bulkers and 2 tankers..bulkers are all panamax, ALL are very very old..

    Fleet Info

    They have a 300M market cap, huge price to sales and debt to cash numbers.

    Margins on Ocean Freight are 22% profit margin/ 18% operating margin.

    DRYS has a 3.76B market cap, lower price to sales and book, also lower leverage cash to debt.

    Fleet Info

    DRYS has 38 vessels, hardly ANY are on long term charters, the company has been updating the fleet a ton lately..also they have been shifting from heavy panamax to more capsize..

    If I were looking at another stock I would look at EXM or DSX over the names listed on this report.





    Reply
    Vermeer,

    Yeah I have preference to DRYS because the mix they have, the shift to purchase Ocean Rig and the drill ships, the valuation, margins etc. But there is high risk with it, and I am willing to take that risk.

    SBLK has 10 carriers with 3/0/7 mix, the larger size is the Capsize (2) then pana and supramax. They have a 500M market cap, 3M in sales (I am sure that will go up) 300k in cash and no debt, which means when they buy ships (if) they use stock to get cash.

    Margins are unknown, yahoo has some messed up numbers.

    Fleet info

    They are locked up on LONG time charters outside one, so they wont go up stock wise, but the dividend will be steady..not my cup of tea at all.

    Ocean Freight has 9 bulkers and 2 tankers..bulkers are all panamax, ALL are very very old..

    Fleet Info

    They have a 300M market cap, huge price to sales and debt to cash numbers.

    Margins on Ocean Freight are 22% profit margin/ 18% operating margin.

    DRYS has a 3.76B market cap, lower price to sales and book, also lower leverage cash to debt.

    Fleet Info

    DRYS has 38 vessels, hardly ANY are on long term charters, the company has been updating the fleet a ton lately..also they have been shifting from heavy panamax to more capsize..

    If I were looking at another stock I would look at EXM or DSX over the names listed on this report.





     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: May. 10, 2008 - 11:41 AM ET #89


    Thanks man, I was wondering, after looking at the numbers, what they saw that I did not. I am sticking where I have been.
     
    I placed a small bet on the future of CC by the way. What the hell.Between Icahn and Blockbuster, someone has got to pony up more than $5 a share for that company.Or so I hope.


    Reply

    Thanks man, I was wondering, after looking at the numbers, what they saw that I did not. I am sticking where I have been.
     
    I placed a small bet on the future of CC by the way. What the hell.Between Icahn and Blockbuster, someone has got to pony up more than $5 a share for that company.Or so I hope.


     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 10, 2008 - 12:50 PM ET #90

    Vermeer,

    I saw that piece on CC too..the issue I have is that CC has a ton of debt and really bad sales/margins.

    I hope it works, I think it is worth the gamble.

    I think that newsletter brushes the surface in regards to the drybulk group, in this case they looked at a company who has little debt, which is rare and one who has a low valuation. The problem is they didnt look deep enough at things I mentioned, age of fleet, time charters for the vessels etc.


    Reply
    Vermeer,

    I saw that piece on CC too..the issue I have is that CC has a ton of debt and really bad sales/margins.

    I hope it works, I think it is worth the gamble.

    I think that newsletter brushes the surface in regards to the drybulk group, in this case they looked at a company who has little debt, which is rare and one who has a low valuation. The problem is they didnt look deep enough at things I mentioned, age of fleet, time charters for the vessels etc.


     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: May. 10, 2008 - 1:24 PM ET #91

    Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't buy CREE around 25 bucks?
    Reply
    Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't buy CREE around 25 bucks?
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 10, 2008 - 1:42 PM ET #92

    Depeche,

    They are a mature company, margins arent that great. I know why you are interested in the LED angle..how profitable is that business?

    I have never got the impression that the COST to manufacture LED lighting had great margins.

    The stock isnt cheap at this price, I would rather see better margins.
    Reply
    Depeche,

    They are a mature company, margins arent that great. I know why you are interested in the LED angle..how profitable is that business?

    I have never got the impression that the COST to manufacture LED lighting had great margins.

    The stock isnt cheap at this price, I would rather see better margins.
     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: May. 10, 2008 - 1:47 PM ET #93

    I don't think they are that "mature".  Couldn't you have said the same thing about Intel's chips in the early 90's?  The costs will come down and the margins will rise at an increasing rate, I think.  The adoption rate is still so low right now and is going to increase until LED owns the market.  And CREE should be right there as the Intel of LED's.  It's not going to happen overnight, but over the next 2-5 years and forward they should grow rapidly.  Might be a better pricepoint over the next 6-12 months, it might still be a little early, but I think it's one to watch and buy when others are selling.  In 5 years this is a $100 stock IMO.  If it falls under $20 I will buy aggressively.
    Reply
    I don't think they are that "mature".  Couldn't you have said the same thing about Intel's chips in the early 90's?  The costs will come down and the margins will rise at an increasing rate, I think.  The adoption rate is still so low right now and is going to increase until LED owns the market.  And CREE should be right there as the Intel of LED's.  It's not going to happen overnight, but over the next 2-5 years and forward they should grow rapidly.  Might be a better pricepoint over the next 6-12 months, it might still be a little early, but I think it's one to watch and buy when others are selling.  In 5 years this is a $100 stock IMO.  If it falls under $20 I will buy aggressively.
     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 10, 2008 - 3:03 PM ET #94

    Depeche,

    They have been around 14 yrs, had the bubble spike in 2000 like most tech then have settled in to a trading range since 2001.

    My biggest question(s) are margins for LED, and if they can ever turn the corner to have large scale residential use.l havent seen that they can manufacture price wise to make it affordable for residential application yet.

    The difference with Intel is the computer industry has a universal acceptance audience, and their pricing power during the 90s and 2000 was amazing..but they too have settled into a mature trading range and probably will stay there unless another revolutionary event happens for them to rapidly increase margins and growth.

    It is interesting and if I were investing in LED it would be with CREE.
    Reply
    Depeche,

    They have been around 14 yrs, had the bubble spike in 2000 like most tech then have settled in to a trading range since 2001.

    My biggest question(s) are margins for LED, and if they can ever turn the corner to have large scale residential use.l havent seen that they can manufacture price wise to make it affordable for residential application yet.

    The difference with Intel is the computer industry has a universal acceptance audience, and their pricing power during the 90s and 2000 was amazing..but they too have settled into a mature trading range and probably will stay there unless another revolutionary event happens for them to rapidly increase margins and growth.

    It is interesting and if I were investing in LED it would be with CREE.
    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 1234

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,629
    • Monday 09/28/2026 807
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,260
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 59,993
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,740
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,379
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,315
    • Another BS PI 999
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,546
    • NCAA WEEK 4 *** Parlay Picasso *** 9,347

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.