• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Las Vegas

    Hotel Opinion

    12 Next Last»
    umgmu
    Depersio
    nc1capper
    Frank_Da_Tank
    drorz1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1381
    Posts: 30
    12 Next Last»
     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47721
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 2:24 AM ET #1

    Anyone (particularly someone who frequents LV ) or lives there , can you tell me about Circus Circus Hotel/Casino.

    Is it decent , nice or a flea bag dump ?

    I'm booked at RIO for 5 days but the same 5 day stay at Circus is about $240 less so i'm debating the move ..

    Thanks for all responses

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Anyone (particularly someone who frequents LV ) or lives there , can you tell me about Circus Circus Hotel/Casino.

    Is it decent , nice or a flea bag dump ?

    I'm booked at RIO for 5 days but the same 5 day stay at Circus is about $240 less so i'm debating the move ..

    Thanks for all responses

     
    Depersio
    Depersio
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2008
    Posts: 144
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 4:58 AM ET #2

    DO NOT stay at Circus Circus


    Reply
    DO NOT stay at Circus Circus


     
    nc1capper
    nc1capper
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 16348
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 6:41 AM ET #3

     the place is a  DUMP,,no matter what stay away
    Reply
     the place is a  DUMP,,no matter what stay away
     
    Frank_Da_Tank
    Frank_Da_Tank
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 685
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 9:12 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by nc1capper:

     the place is a  DUMP,,no matter what stay away

     If you want to opt out of Rio for a cheaper place - do not choose Circus Circus. It's old, loud, kids runnin' all over

    Rio = Hot cocktail waitresses and nightclubs.

    Circus Circus = outdated decor, bad stench, and broads I would describe as the opposite of MILFS pushing strollers in front of you.

    The only good thing about the dump that I can think of is that it is next to Slots-A-Fun and you used to be able to get $1 Heinekens or Coronas there 24/7.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by nc1capper:

     the place is a  DUMP,,no matter what stay away

     If you want to opt out of Rio for a cheaper place - do not choose Circus Circus. It's old, loud, kids runnin' all over

    Rio = Hot cocktail waitresses and nightclubs.

    Circus Circus = outdated decor, bad stench, and broads I would describe as the opposite of MILFS pushing strollers in front of you.

    The only good thing about the dump that I can think of is that it is next to Slots-A-Fun and you used to be able to get $1 Heinekens or Coronas there 24/7.

     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47721
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 10:42 AM ET #5

    any reccommendations for a switch?
    Reply
    any reccommendations for a switch?
     
    drorz1
    drorz1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 174
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 1:58 PM ET #6

    STRATOSPHERE

    i always stay there it is better then the cheap ones but still cheap and nice. you get a good value for your money.

    they always have good deals ( i come from toronto ). why to spend so much on a hotel if you can lose the money gambling?

    Reply

    STRATOSPHERE

    i always stay there it is better then the cheap ones but still cheap and nice. you get a good value for your money.

    they always have good deals ( i come from toronto ). why to spend so much on a hotel if you can lose the money gambling?

     
    Handsdown
    Handsdown
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 947
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 4:01 PM ET #7

    Circus Circus is bad, I agree.  I live here in Vegas.  Do not stay there.

    I have seen the rooms at the Stratosphere and they are decent for what you pay for.  It's a hell of a lot newer than CC is.  It won't be Shangri-La but you only need the room to shower and sleep.
    Reply
    Circus Circus is bad, I agree.  I live here in Vegas.  Do not stay there.

    I have seen the rooms at the Stratosphere and they are decent for what you pay for.  It's a hell of a lot newer than CC is.  It won't be Shangri-La but you only need the room to shower and sleep.
     
    FrontRowCenter
    FrontRowCenter
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 6471
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 4:48 PM ET #8

    Bro, do not stay at Circus Circus.  So many deals these days, u can find good rates all over place.  The Mirage, the Luxor, NY NY,MGM,  have great deals all of the time.


    Reply
    Bro, do not stay at Circus Circus.  So many deals these days, u can find good rates all over place.  The Mirage, the Luxor, NY NY,MGM,  have great deals all of the time.


     
    BostonKen
    BostonKen
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 4700
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 4:50 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by drorz1:

    STRATOSPHERE

    i always stay there it is better then the cheap ones but still cheap and nice. you get a good value for your money.

    they always have good deals ( i come from toronto ). why to spend so much on a hotel if you can lose the money gambling?



       IMO, the best, cheap hotel on the strip. I lived in Vegas for 3 years, stayed at the Stratosphere for 4 months when I first got out there ( although I haven't been back in the last 5 years).  The only issue is the location.You can walk about a mile and a half to the middle of the strip( 2.5 miles to MGM), cab it, or walk to the Hilton or Sahara and use the Monorail. 

    One other option might be Imperial Palace. Personally, I have never stayed there, but it is right in the middle of the strip and cheap.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by drorz1:

    STRATOSPHERE

    i always stay there it is better then the cheap ones but still cheap and nice. you get a good value for your money.

    they always have good deals ( i come from toronto ). why to spend so much on a hotel if you can lose the money gambling?



       IMO, the best, cheap hotel on the strip. I lived in Vegas for 3 years, stayed at the Stratosphere for 4 months when I first got out there ( although I haven't been back in the last 5 years).  The only issue is the location.You can walk about a mile and a half to the middle of the strip( 2.5 miles to MGM), cab it, or walk to the Hilton or Sahara and use the Monorail. 

    One other option might be Imperial Palace. Personally, I have never stayed there, but it is right in the middle of the strip and cheap.
     
    BostonKen
    BostonKen
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 4700
    Posted: Mar. 7, 2010 - 4:52 PM ET #10

    Ohhh, and DO NOT under any circumstances stay at Circus, Circus.
    Reply
    Ohhh, and DO NOT under any circumstances stay at Circus, Circus.
     
    uscsilb24
    uscsilb24
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 2863
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2010 - 2:52 AM ET #11

    listen to the other and PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT CIRCUS

    I have been many times and walked past circus a couple of times and it disgusting

    go to www.smartervegas.com and get a deal at a place like planet hollywood, harrahs, mirage, or even caesars or bellagio where you can stay for 139 a night

    great deals on smarter vegas and i highly suggest staying in the general area of ballys bellagio caesars flamingo paris or planet hollywood
    Reply
    listen to the other and PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT CIRCUS

    I have been many times and walked past circus a couple of times and it disgusting

    go to www.smartervegas.com and get a deal at a place like planet hollywood, harrahs, mirage, or even caesars or bellagio where you can stay for 139 a night

    great deals on smarter vegas and i highly suggest staying in the general area of ballys bellagio caesars flamingo paris or planet hollywood
     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47721
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2010 - 2:09 PM ET #12

    thanks.. i may just keep the RIO reservation
    Reply
    thanks.. i may just keep the RIO reservation
     
    mr_bollox
    mr_bollox
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 14397
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2010 - 10:08 PM ET #13

    if u like bumping into strollers, annoying kids, poor quality rooms and steaks that taste like rubber, stay at the circus
    Reply
    if u like bumping into strollers, annoying kids, poor quality rooms and steaks that taste like rubber, stay at the circus
     
    FrontRowCenter
    FrontRowCenter
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 6471
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2010 - 11:05 PM ET #14

    Circus Circus should be torn down!!!


    Reply
    Circus Circus should be torn down!!!


     
    ogmike
    ogmike
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2002
    Posts: 2947
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2010 - 11:31 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by uscsilb24:



    go to www.smartervegas.com and get a deal at a place like planet hollywood, harrahs, mirage, or even caesars or bellagio where you can stay for 139 a night

    great deals on smarter vegas and i highly suggest staying in the general area of ballys bellagio caesars flamingo paris or planet hollywood

    Smarter Vegas is awesome.  I've gotten rooms at MGM through this site for like $50 a night before.  Check it out.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by uscsilb24:



    go to www.smartervegas.com and get a deal at a place like planet hollywood, harrahs, mirage, or even caesars or bellagio where you can stay for 139 a night

    great deals on smarter vegas and i highly suggest staying in the general area of ballys bellagio caesars flamingo paris or planet hollywood

    Smarter Vegas is awesome.  I've gotten rooms at MGM through this site for like $50 a night before.  Check it out.

     
    gjoey823
    gjoey823
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 2087
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2010 - 6:16 AM ET #16

    encore place is rediculous best hotel ever
    Reply
    encore place is rediculous best hotel ever
     
    esplanade
    esplanade
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 9021
    Posted: Mar. 13, 2010 - 11:37 AM ET #17

    I was very pleased with Tuscany Suites for around $40.
    Reply
    I was very pleased with Tuscany Suites for around $40.
     
    Beergut
    Beergut
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 85
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2010 - 7:16 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonKen:



       IMO, the best, cheap hotel on the strip. I lived in Vegas for 3 years, stayed at the Stratosphere for 4 months when I first got out there ( although I haven't been back in the last 5 years).  The only issue is the location.You can walk about a mile and a half to the middle of the strip( 2.5 miles to MGM), cab it, or walk to the Hilton or Sahara and use the Monorail. 

    Just to be sure I understand you correctly: You LIVED at the Stratosphere for four months? How much did that run you? They have monthly rates?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by BostonKen:



       IMO, the best, cheap hotel on the strip. I lived in Vegas for 3 years, stayed at the Stratosphere for 4 months when I first got out there ( although I haven't been back in the last 5 years).  The only issue is the location.You can walk about a mile and a half to the middle of the strip( 2.5 miles to MGM), cab it, or walk to the Hilton or Sahara and use the Monorail. 

    Just to be sure I understand you correctly: You LIVED at the Stratosphere for four months? How much did that run you? They have monthly rates?

     
    Islandstyle
    Islandstyle
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 3033
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2010 - 7:14 PM ET #19

    I got kids and even I wouldn't stay at circus circus!

    Reply

    I got kids and even I wouldn't stay at circus circus!

     
    rounders69
    rounders69
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 976
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2010 - 7:38 PM ET #20

    circus circus=dump  the cheapest decent place on strip is Monte Carlo

    Reply

    circus circus=dump  the cheapest decent place on strip is Monte Carlo

     
    BostonKen
    BostonKen
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 4700
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2010 - 2:02 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Beergut:

    Just to be sure I understand you correctly: You LIVED at the Stratosphere for four months? How much did that run you? They have monthly rates?


    Yes, I lived there for 4 months. Technically, you can't live at any hotel for more than 30 days straight. After 30 days I would check out, then check back in to the same room.My friends wife is a travel agent. So, when I decided to move to LV, she got me 30 days hotel and airfare for a 1,000 bucks. I think my airfare was 300 bucks or something like that ( this is in 2002). I estimate it was like 700 the first month I stayed there, June 5, to July 5. Obviously, she got me a deal. She had better get me a good deal, I was Best Man at their wedding. Anyways, the 3rd day I was there I won a good chunk of money ( blackjack). That turned into getting hooked up with a Casino Host. She instantly upgraded me to a suit for the remaining month of my stay, as well as, took care of food and movies ( their room service food sucks). At the end of the month, I told her I was planning on staying for awhile and asked her how much it would cost me to stay another month.She quoted me at 40 during the week/ including Sunday and 70 for weekend nights. Unfortunately, I had to downgrade to their one of their jacuzzi rooms on floor 23. It's the top floor and a few times I was convinced a plane was going to fly through my window. Plus, their jacuzzi tub is just a bigger bathtub with a couple shitty jets.They also put a fridge in my room. I think a microwave too? I can't remember if I had one in the regular room or it was just the suite? After the 3rd month she started getting a little pissy about keeping up my rate ( table game average bet). I was mostly spending my money in the sports book, so that doesn't help/hurt my rate. The last month I was there she told me that she would have to change to 65 during the week and 90 weekends the following month  if I wasn't going to keep my average rate around 40 dollars per bet, 4 hours a day. I'm not exactly sure on the numbers, but something in that ballpark. I ended up moving out the opening night of the NFL.I ended up getting a great deal at Aladdin for a week, then to the Trop for the next month. At that point I started looking for a normal  place to live. To make a short story longer, if you were going to stay for a month, especially with this economy, I am sure you could get a great deal for something like I received my second month ( maybe even better, who knows?), minus the food and movies.       
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergut:

    Just to be sure I understand you correctly: You LIVED at the Stratosphere for four months? How much did that run you? They have monthly rates?


    Yes, I lived there for 4 months. Technically, you can't live at any hotel for more than 30 days straight. After 30 days I would check out, then check back in to the same room.My friends wife is a travel agent. So, when I decided to move to LV, she got me 30 days hotel and airfare for a 1,000 bucks. I think my airfare was 300 bucks or something like that ( this is in 2002). I estimate it was like 700 the first month I stayed there, June 5, to July 5. Obviously, she got me a deal. She had better get me a good deal, I was Best Man at their wedding. Anyways, the 3rd day I was there I won a good chunk of money ( blackjack). That turned into getting hooked up with a Casino Host. She instantly upgraded me to a suit for the remaining month of my stay, as well as, took care of food and movies ( their room service food sucks). At the end of the month, I told her I was planning on staying for awhile and asked her how much it would cost me to stay another month.She quoted me at 40 during the week/ including Sunday and 70 for weekend nights. Unfortunately, I had to downgrade to their one of their jacuzzi rooms on floor 23. It's the top floor and a few times I was convinced a plane was going to fly through my window. Plus, their jacuzzi tub is just a bigger bathtub with a couple shitty jets.They also put a fridge in my room. I think a microwave too? I can't remember if I had one in the regular room or it was just the suite? After the 3rd month she started getting a little pissy about keeping up my rate ( table game average bet). I was mostly spending my money in the sports book, so that doesn't help/hurt my rate. The last month I was there she told me that she would have to change to 65 during the week and 90 weekends the following month  if I wasn't going to keep my average rate around 40 dollars per bet, 4 hours a day. I'm not exactly sure on the numbers, but something in that ballpark. I ended up moving out the opening night of the NFL.I ended up getting a great deal at Aladdin for a week, then to the Trop for the next month. At that point I started looking for a normal  place to live. To make a short story longer, if you were going to stay for a month, especially with this economy, I am sure you could get a great deal for something like I received my second month ( maybe even better, who knows?), minus the food and movies.       
     
    stats1
    stats1
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 8153
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2010 - 3:16 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by umgmu:

    Anyone (particularly someone who frequents LV ) or lives there , can you tell me about Circus Circus Hotel/Casino.

    Is it decent , nice or a flea bag dump ?

    I'm booked at RIO for 5 days but the same 5 day stay at Circus is about $240 less so i'm debating the move ..

    Thanks for all responses

       u would b better off staying on the airport floor!!!!!!!!  place sucksssssss
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by umgmu:

    Anyone (particularly someone who frequents LV ) or lives there , can you tell me about Circus Circus Hotel/Casino.

    Is it decent , nice or a flea bag dump ?

    I'm booked at RIO for 5 days but the same 5 day stay at Circus is about $240 less so i'm debating the move ..

    Thanks for all responses

       u would b better off staying on the airport floor!!!!!!!!  place sucksssssss
     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47721
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2010 - 3:31 PM ET #23

    i'm not at circusa circus
    Reply
    i'm not at circusa circus
     
    DJsmurf45
    DJsmurf45
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 566
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2010 - 4:42 PM ET #24

    How is Excaliber????
    Reply
    How is Excaliber????
     
     
    FrontRowCenter
    FrontRowCenter
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 6471
    Posted: Mar. 16, 2010 - 6:05 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by stats1:

       u would b better off staying on the airport floor!!!!!!!!  place sucksssssss




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by stats1:

       u would b better off staying on the airport floor!!!!!!!!  place sucksssssss




    All Forums | Las Vegas
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,795
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,225
    • PART DEUX 265
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 7,093
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,599
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 2,009
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,912
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 626
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,724
    • Braves Frauds 743

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.