So I’m trying to figure out how to get the best value. I leave Vegas on Thursday of this week. I’m either going to put 5k on Astros to take down Boston (bet365 has it at pick em -115). Assuming this is the Vegas line (or if Boston is somehow the favorite) when I get to the counter, will I see a better return betting +210 to win it all risking 5 to win 1050 or betting -115 to win $4545.45 and then rolling that over to risk $9545.45 to win?? I know this totally depends on what team they play. So another way my question could be put is this. ASSUMING the World Series is Astros vs Dodgers, what would you have it priced at? Now how about Astros vs Brewers? TIA!
Laying down 5k on Houston
So I’m trying to figure out how to get the best value. I leave Vegas on Thursday of this week. I’m either going to put 5k on Astros to take down Boston (bet365 has it at pick em -115). Assuming this is the Vegas line (or if Boston is somehow the favorite) when I get to the counter, will I see a better return betting +210 to win it all risking 5 to win 1050 or betting -115 to win $4545.45 and then rolling that over to risk $9545.45 to win?? I know this totally depends on what team they play. So another way my question could be put is this. ASSUMING the World Series is Astros vs Dodgers, what would you have it priced at? Now how about Astros vs Brewers? TIA!
Sorry folks but 2018 belongs to the sox...Boston Red Sox will win it all...
Sorry folks but 2018 belongs to the sox...Boston Red Sox will win it all...
I think this matchup is a coin flip but the x factor is no team since the Yankees have won back to back titles. It's almost impossible to do so that's why I take Boston.
I think this matchup is a coin flip but the x factor is no team since the Yankees have won back to back titles. It's almost impossible to do so that's why I take Boston.
I think team from AL takes it all. Heart says Boston, but gut says Astros. Astros +210 to win it all is a smart bet..all around better team with bullpen and defense....2 critical parts of winning a title. Good luck with your Vegas bet.
I think team from AL takes it all. Heart says Boston, but gut says Astros. Astros +210 to win it all is a smart bet..all around better team with bullpen and defense....2 critical parts of winning a title. Good luck with your Vegas bet.
Sorry folks but 2018 belongs to the sox...Boston Red Sox will win it all...
Sorry folks but 2018 belongs to the sox...Boston Red Sox will win it all...
For one, it's much easier to get one pick right versus getting whole series right. In other words, pick winner of Boston vs Astros then maybe consider who will win that series. Btw. There's a reason Redsox are almost dog at home vs Astros
For one, it's much easier to get one pick right versus getting whole series right. In other words, pick winner of Boston vs Astros then maybe consider who will win that series. Btw. There's a reason Redsox are almost dog at home vs Astros
Thanks for everyone’s help. Unfortunately Vegas odds ended up being not so generous as bet365. I ended up getting 2 separate tickets for 2500 to win 4500. I did this because apparently with the 2018 gambling law revision, I read sports books are taking 24% out of your winning ticket if the win is over $5k. Is this true? even in Vegas with cold hard cash being paid over the counter (without signing up for a account) ? Or is this only true for the new states, like Jersey? Is it enforced 100% of the time or only sometimes? TIA
Thanks for everyone’s help. Unfortunately Vegas odds ended up being not so generous as bet365. I ended up getting 2 separate tickets for 2500 to win 4500. I did this because apparently with the 2018 gambling law revision, I read sports books are taking 24% out of your winning ticket if the win is over $5k. Is this true? even in Vegas with cold hard cash being paid over the counter (without signing up for a account) ? Or is this only true for the new states, like Jersey? Is it enforced 100% of the time or only sometimes? TIA
Can only start 9 guys. And the Astros match their depth without much drop off. But the Astros bullpen this year is such a significant upgrade from what really was crap last year makes this team unbeatable - along with the addition of the 4th best pitcher in the AL Gerrit Cole. Combine that with homefield in Houston’s favor this year if the rematch should play out - and the Dodgers will be a considerable underdog.
Can only start 9 guys. And the Astros match their depth without much drop off. But the Astros bullpen this year is such a significant upgrade from what really was crap last year makes this team unbeatable - along with the addition of the 4th best pitcher in the AL Gerrit Cole. Combine that with homefield in Houston’s favor this year if the rematch should play out - and the Dodgers will be a considerable underdog.
If Dodgers play Astros in World Series today, I'd say odds shall be : -125 Astros
Agree, may come out as high as -140, but pub will jump on LA...
If Dodgers play Astros in World Series today, I'd say odds shall be : -125 Astros
Agree, may come out as high as -140, but pub will jump on LA...
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 453,780
- Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,225
- The MLB Playoffs are here. 7,314
- NFL LOCKED IN! 102,618
- PART DEUX 266
- You asked for more winners- here you go 2,090
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,971
- ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,726
- Wednesday 09/30/2026 499
- 4-0 White Sox heading to Bottom of the 4th. Looks like the Astros won’t score today. Take In Game Live UNDER 7.5 runs (+182) 430
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
