Anyone see "No country for old men"?
The characters lives go on - the film is just a portion of their life.
The characters lives go on - the film is just a portion of their life.
Here are the films that were nominated for best picture:
Juno
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men
Atonement
There Will Be Blood
I've seen Juno, Michael Clayton, and No Country for Old Men.
Of those three, I'd say No Country for Old Men is the best.
I'd rather watch paint dry than see Atonement and haven't been able to see There Will Be Blood yet.
So, basically, yeah, it's definitely Oscar-worthy, but it wont' be everyone's cup of tea.
Here are the films that were nominated for best picture:
Juno
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men
Atonement
There Will Be Blood
I've seen Juno, Michael Clayton, and No Country for Old Men.
Of those three, I'd say No Country for Old Men is the best.
I'd rather watch paint dry than see Atonement and haven't been able to see There Will Be Blood yet.
So, basically, yeah, it's definitely Oscar-worthy, but it wont' be everyone's cup of tea.
According to the books, it's also the favorite to win.
Yeah, I made the mistake of telling my wife that this movie's gonna win the oscar, and she says based on what, and I told her that that they are -250.... Well, we went to go see it and she didn't care for the movie and you can imagine what her response was when I told her the "odds" for it to win...She knows I wager on sports for a decent side income, but then she starts lecturing me on how life is not based on odds and spreads and all of this shit...![]()
Well, you get the gist of our unpleasant converation...if you've ever been down that road!!!
According to the books, it's also the favorite to win.
Yeah, I made the mistake of telling my wife that this movie's gonna win the oscar, and she says based on what, and I told her that that they are -250.... Well, we went to go see it and she didn't care for the movie and you can imagine what her response was when I told her the "odds" for it to win...She knows I wager on sports for a decent side income, but then she starts lecturing me on how life is not based on odds and spreads and all of this shit...![]()
Well, you get the gist of our unpleasant converation...if you've ever been down that road!!!
Yeah, I made the mistake of telling my wife that this movie's gonna win the oscar, and she says based on what, and I told her that that they are -250.... Well, we went to go see it and she didn't care for the movie and you can imagine what her response was when I told her the "odds" for it to win...She knows I wager on sports for a decent side income, but then she starts lecturing me on how life is not based on odds and spreads and all of this shit...![]()
Well, you get the gist of our unpleasant converation...if you've ever been down that road!!!
Been down that road with family and friends before, and yes it always males for interesting conversation. ![]()
Yeah, I made the mistake of telling my wife that this movie's gonna win the oscar, and she says based on what, and I told her that that they are -250.... Well, we went to go see it and she didn't care for the movie and you can imagine what her response was when I told her the "odds" for it to win...She knows I wager on sports for a decent side income, but then she starts lecturing me on how life is not based on odds and spreads and all of this shit...![]()
Well, you get the gist of our unpleasant converation...if you've ever been down that road!!!
Been down that road with family and friends before, and yes it always males for interesting conversation. ![]()
Been down that road with family and friends before, and yes it always males for interesting conversation. ![]()
![]()
BTW, whose that girl in your avatar? She's soooo HOT!!!
Been down that road with family and friends before, and yes it always males for interesting conversation. ![]()
![]()
BTW, whose that girl in your avatar? She's soooo HOT!!!
![]()
BTW, whose that girl in your avatar? She's soooo HOT!!!
Why thats my girlfriend, but don't let BigLouie find out about that. ![]()
![]()
BTW, whose that girl in your avatar? She's soooo HOT!!!
Why thats my girlfriend, but don't let BigLouie find out about that. ![]()
is it me or the part where the guy picks up the suit case filled with money in the beginning symbolize eve (where eve eats the apple (commits a sin)), comparing that to picking up a suitcase near the tree in the middle of a pacified field (deer scene makes it seems like utopia or garden of eden). Is that why he had to die like everyone else for committing a sin?
Also are the cowboy hats symbolizing halos?
I think im thinking too much, but i was sort of pissed off how that movie ended.
is it me or the part where the guy picks up the suit case filled with money in the beginning symbolize eve (where eve eats the apple (commits a sin)), comparing that to picking up a suitcase near the tree in the middle of a pacified field (deer scene makes it seems like utopia or garden of eden). Is that why he had to die like everyone else for committing a sin?
Also are the cowboy hats symbolizing halos?
I think im thinking too much, but i was sort of pissed off how that movie ended.
Hot Forum Topics
- Claiming Prizes 57,609
- Sunday 09/27/2026 503
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,090
- Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,679
- Sunday 3,121
- NFL LOCKED IN! 101,933
- HELP PLEASE 1,458
- NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,545
- NFL Sunday 7,382
- ***Macwesties * Thur. * Sun. Sept. 24, 27, 2026 * Week #3 * NFL Football Plays* 8,735
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
