Posted:
#26
Rickey,
I dont get that impression at all.
Most of what I read concerning the UN is that we pay most of the bills and they call the shots, almost intentionally.
My impression concerning Rwanda was that the UN saw what they were facing and they felt ill-equipped to deal with the size of the issue, meaning the UN is not a militarily backed organization equipped prepared to face what was happening there at that time, nor has the UN been more than a peace keeping organization in its purpose historically.
Africa is a disaster..and there have been similar and worse massacres compared to Rwanda and I am sure even as we are speaking things are happening.
To connect the dots based on a movie is pretty tough, I just dont agree with what Mik has said that the whole thing could have been stopped had it not been for Clinton.
The people to blame are the government of Rwanda, the people living there and the general state of affairs in Africa..
I dont get that impression at all.
Most of what I read concerning the UN is that we pay most of the bills and they call the shots, almost intentionally.
My impression concerning Rwanda was that the UN saw what they were facing and they felt ill-equipped to deal with the size of the issue, meaning the UN is not a militarily backed organization equipped prepared to face what was happening there at that time, nor has the UN been more than a peace keeping organization in its purpose historically.
Africa is a disaster..and there have been similar and worse massacres compared to Rwanda and I am sure even as we are speaking things are happening.
To connect the dots based on a movie is pretty tough, I just dont agree with what Mik has said that the whole thing could have been stopped had it not been for Clinton.
The people to blame are the government of Rwanda, the people living there and the general state of affairs in Africa..
