• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Music

    Foo Fighters is by far the best current rock band that is relevant today

    12 Next Last»
    SportsFan9698
    Dutch1976
    BigPig13
    jmw59
    gfdog
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2300
    Posts: 27
    12 Next Last»
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2014 - 4:06 PM ET #1

    I know this should stir up some comments... I hope it does.

    Dave Grohl is a beast.  The drummer Taylor Hawkins is a beast.  The rest of the band are good musicians musicians, but just garnishments, admittedly.  But the real relevance here is that they write great music, and record and tour and put on a great show everywhere.  Their reach is very broad... they put hits on the radio and charts, but they also have awesome music that never makes the radio or charts.  

    I challenge any contrasting opinions on all of the points I have made here.  If you have never dived into the last album Wasting Light (won best album Grammy 2013), you don't know this band or their music.

    They have a new album due out this November 2014, with a new tour TBA

    let's hear it.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I know this should stir up some comments... I hope it does.

    Dave Grohl is a beast.  The drummer Taylor Hawkins is a beast.  The rest of the band are good musicians musicians, but just garnishments, admittedly.  But the real relevance here is that they write great music, and record and tour and put on a great show everywhere.  Their reach is very broad... they put hits on the radio and charts, but they also have awesome music that never makes the radio or charts.  

    I challenge any contrasting opinions on all of the points I have made here.  If you have never dived into the last album Wasting Light (won best album Grammy 2013), you don't know this band or their music.

    They have a new album due out this November 2014, with a new tour TBA

    let's hear it.
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2014 - 4:15 PM ET #2

    If any of you are not so familiar with their latest work, here is a youtube link to their latest album Waisting Light, they recrded live in Dave's personal studio.  I prefer to watch a band perform than just hear the studio released recordings.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnmzins2Uow

    Here is another link along the same vein... but with a full studio audience live at Letterman

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4PhLzD_y84

    Either is really good... maybe better with the live audience and paying tribute to The Beatles

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4PhLzD_y84
    Reply
    If any of you are not so familiar with their latest work, here is a youtube link to their latest album Waisting Light, they recrded live in Dave's personal studio.  I prefer to watch a band perform than just hear the studio released recordings.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnmzins2Uow

    Here is another link along the same vein... but with a full studio audience live at Letterman

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4PhLzD_y84

    Either is really good... maybe better with the live audience and paying tribute to The Beatles

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4PhLzD_y84
     
    Dutch1976
    Dutch1976
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1934
    Posted: Aug. 15, 2014 - 7:34 PM ET #3

    Pop radio  b u l l s h i t  made to sell records.

    If I was a boring, shallow, top 40 loving 22 yr old I would LOVE me some Foo!

    But when bands like Kadavar and The Sword are dropping albums..And thrash and hardcore are making a comeback...There's not enough hours in the day to listen to the Foo Fukers.

     

    Reply

    Pop radio  b u l l s h i t  made to sell records.

    If I was a boring, shallow, top 40 loving 22 yr old I would LOVE me some Foo!

    But when bands like Kadavar and The Sword are dropping albums..And thrash and hardcore are making a comeback...There's not enough hours in the day to listen to the Foo Fukers.

     

     
    BigPig13
    BigPig13
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 173
    Posted: Aug. 16, 2014 - 4:25 PM ET #4

    They kinda suck
    Reply
    They kinda suck
     
    jmw59
    jmw59
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 14430
    Posted: Aug. 20, 2014 - 11:34 AM ET #5

    just don't dig them all that much
    Reply
    just don't dig them all that much
     
    gfdog
    gfdog
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2013
    Posts: 126
    Posted: Sep. 7, 2014 - 11:59 AM ET #6

    In theory they should be great. Grohl's a legend, Hawkins is an incredible drummer, the rest of the band is capable to very good ... but it just doesn't translate to record for whatever reason. Outside of a few songs, they're just bland. They don't take chances and there's nothing dangerous or even remotely challenging about their brand of rock music. I'm not sure whether they're just not good writers or they purposely keep it boring to appeal to the masses. The best thing they've ever done was when they covered The Who for that Vh1 Honors special.
    Reply
    In theory they should be great. Grohl's a legend, Hawkins is an incredible drummer, the rest of the band is capable to very good ... but it just doesn't translate to record for whatever reason. Outside of a few songs, they're just bland. They don't take chances and there's nothing dangerous or even remotely challenging about their brand of rock music. I'm not sure whether they're just not good writers or they purposely keep it boring to appeal to the masses. The best thing they've ever done was when they covered The Who for that Vh1 Honors special.
     
    joe pockets
    joe pockets
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2000
    Posts: 5508
    Posted: Sep. 9, 2014 - 9:28 PM ET #7

    Not really my cup of tea either, To each there own.
    Reply
    Not really my cup of tea either, To each there own.
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 12:29 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by gfdog:

    In theory they should be great. Grohl's a legend, Hawkins is an incredible drummer, the rest of the band is capable to very good ... but it just doesn't translate to record for whatever reason. Outside of a few songs, they're just bland. They don't take chances and there's nothing dangerous or even remotely challenging about their brand of rock music. I'm not sure whether they're just not good writers or they purposely keep it boring to appeal to the masses. The best thing they've ever done was when they covered The Who for that Vh1 Honors special.


    I'm guessing that you have never listened to "Wasted Light"

    you should

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSbct1l9H7k&list=PL0EBB6B4F07664F57
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdog:

    In theory they should be great. Grohl's a legend, Hawkins is an incredible drummer, the rest of the band is capable to very good ... but it just doesn't translate to record for whatever reason. Outside of a few songs, they're just bland. They don't take chances and there's nothing dangerous or even remotely challenging about their brand of rock music. I'm not sure whether they're just not good writers or they purposely keep it boring to appeal to the masses. The best thing they've ever done was when they covered The Who for that Vh1 Honors special.


    I'm guessing that you have never listened to "Wasted Light"

    you should

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSbct1l9H7k&list=PL0EBB6B4F07664F57
     
    Colts03
    Colts03
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 13377
    Posted: Sep. 29, 2014 - 2:04 PM ET #9

    i'll be seeing them over halloween weekend in new orleans at voodoo fest.  can't wait
    Reply
    i'll be seeing them over halloween weekend in new orleans at voodoo fest.  can't wait
     
    WRECKEDEM
    WRECKEDEM
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 977
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 6:58 PM ET #10

    foo fighters are heavy metal for soccer moms. I can count on one hand how many songs i like of theirs. That being said, I will give them props for being prolific and playing long shows for their fans. And Grohl seems like a stand up dude. But they are wayyyyy over rated.
    Reply
    foo fighters are heavy metal for soccer moms. I can count on one hand how many songs i like of theirs. That being said, I will give them props for being prolific and playing long shows for their fans. And Grohl seems like a stand up dude. But they are wayyyyy over rated.
     
    JoeyOhhh
    JoeyOhhh
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 721
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2014 - 1:58 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by WRECKEDEM:

    foo fighters are heavy metal for soccer moms. I can count on one hand how many songs i like of theirs. That being said, I will give them props for being prolific and playing long shows for their fans. And Grohl seems like a stand up dude. But they are wayyyyy over rated.

    Yeah, maybe they should start wearing kabuki makeup, sell out and license everything from coffins to condoms, and write better more thought provoking songs like "Lick it up" or maybe a disco song? Yeah, it's the Foo Fighters that are heavy metal for soccer moms, and are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WRECKEDEM:

    foo fighters are heavy metal for soccer moms. I can count on one hand how many songs i like of theirs. That being said, I will give them props for being prolific and playing long shows for their fans. And Grohl seems like a stand up dude. But they are wayyyyy over rated.

    Yeah, maybe they should start wearing kabuki makeup, sell out and license everything from coffins to condoms, and write better more thought provoking songs like "Lick it up" or maybe a disco song? Yeah, it's the Foo Fighters that are heavy metal for soccer moms, and are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated....
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 8:00 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyOhhh:


    Yeah, maybe they should start wearing kabuki makeup, sell out and license everything from coffins to condoms, and write better more thought provoking songs like "Lick it up" or maybe a disco song? Yeah, it's the Foo Fighters that are heavy metal for soccer moms, and are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated....

    and promote a band of dwarfs called Mini Kiss. 

    and then we had the guy in post #3 heralding the supposed comeback of thrash and hardcore. Apparently, we haven't solved the problem of tone deaf people as of now. Maybe one day...maybe.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyOhhh:


    Yeah, maybe they should start wearing kabuki makeup, sell out and license everything from coffins to condoms, and write better more thought provoking songs like "Lick it up" or maybe a disco song? Yeah, it's the Foo Fighters that are heavy metal for soccer moms, and are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated....

    and promote a band of dwarfs called Mini Kiss. 

    and then we had the guy in post #3 heralding the supposed comeback of thrash and hardcore. Apparently, we haven't solved the problem of tone deaf people as of now. Maybe one day...maybe.
     
    WRECKEDEM
    WRECKEDEM
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 977
    Posted: Oct. 29, 2014 - 4:38 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyOhhh:


    Yeah, maybe they should start wearing kabuki makeup, sell out and license everything from coffins to condoms, and write better more thought provoking songs like "Lick it up" or maybe a disco song? Yeah, it's the Foo Fighters that are heavy metal for soccer moms, and are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated....


    I think those are GREAT ideas.  Coffins and condoms?  Get you coming or going and you can never have too many songs about proper nutrition and good eating habits.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyOhhh:


    Yeah, maybe they should start wearing kabuki makeup, sell out and license everything from coffins to condoms, and write better more thought provoking songs like "Lick it up" or maybe a disco song? Yeah, it's the Foo Fighters that are heavy metal for soccer moms, and are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated....


    I think those are GREAT ideas.  Coffins and condoms?  Get you coming or going and you can never have too many songs about proper nutrition and good eating habits.


     
    Dutch1976
    Dutch1976
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1934
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2014 - 7:20 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    and promote a band of dwarfs called Mini Kiss. 

    and then we had the guy in post #3 heralding the supposed comeback of thrash and hardcore. Apparently, we haven't solved the problem of tone deaf people as of now. Maybe one day...maybe.


    I'd make fun of what you listen to, but you forgot to tell us. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    and promote a band of dwarfs called Mini Kiss. 

    and then we had the guy in post #3 heralding the supposed comeback of thrash and hardcore. Apparently, we haven't solved the problem of tone deaf people as of now. Maybe one day...maybe.


    I'd make fun of what you listen to, but you forgot to tell us. 
     
    Dutch1976
    Dutch1976
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1934
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2014 - 7:27 PM ET #15

    Nevermind...I see you're the one who started the Hal Ketchum/Country thread...Your opinion means nothing to me.
    Reply
    Nevermind...I see you're the one who started the Hal Ketchum/Country thread...Your opinion means nothing to me.
     
    WRECKEDEM
    WRECKEDEM
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 977
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2014 - 1:33 PM ET #16

    The new Foo is out today.  Yippie.  There is a storm of soccer moms at Best Buy today.
    Reply
    The new Foo is out today.  Yippie.  There is a storm of soccer moms at Best Buy today.
     
    JoeyOhhh
    JoeyOhhh
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 721
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2014 - 10:09 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by WRECKEDEM:

    The new Foo is out today.  Yippie.  There is a storm of soccer moms at Best Buy today.

    Let's just hope "Sonic Highways" can live up to the masterpieces that basically changed the face of music forever. Albums like
    "Psycho Circus" or "Monster" or "Sonic Boom" - or pretty much any crap Kiss album since they were relevant (and halfway tolerable) back in 1980...

    "You Wanted The Best Soccer Mom Soundtrack, You Got The Best!!!!!!"
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WRECKEDEM:

    The new Foo is out today.  Yippie.  There is a storm of soccer moms at Best Buy today.

    Let's just hope "Sonic Highways" can live up to the masterpieces that basically changed the face of music forever. Albums like
    "Psycho Circus" or "Monster" or "Sonic Boom" - or pretty much any crap Kiss album since they were relevant (and halfway tolerable) back in 1980...

    "You Wanted The Best Soccer Mom Soundtrack, You Got The Best!!!!!!"
     
    WRECKEDEM
    WRECKEDEM
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 977
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2014 - 12:48 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyOhhh:


    Let's just hope "Sonic Highways" can live up to the masterpieces that basically changed the face of music forever. Albums like
    "Psycho Circus" or "Monster" or "Sonic Boom" - or pretty much any crap Kiss album since they were relevant (and halfway tolerable) back in 1980...

    "You Wanted The Best Soccer Mom Soundtrack, You Got The Best!!!!!!"


    ya know what, Sonic Boom was a good record and Monster was even better. Both were better than Psycho Circus.  When Glen Campbell can do a better and more interesting version of your song....says a lot.
    I guarantee you KISS is wayyyy heavier than the cupcakes Foo is making half of america eat
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyOhhh:


    Let's just hope "Sonic Highways" can live up to the masterpieces that basically changed the face of music forever. Albums like
    "Psycho Circus" or "Monster" or "Sonic Boom" - or pretty much any crap Kiss album since they were relevant (and halfway tolerable) back in 1980...

    "You Wanted The Best Soccer Mom Soundtrack, You Got The Best!!!!!!"


    ya know what, Sonic Boom was a good record and Monster was even better. Both were better than Psycho Circus.  When Glen Campbell can do a better and more interesting version of your song....says a lot.
    I guarantee you KISS is wayyyy heavier than the cupcakes Foo is making half of america eat
     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Nov. 14, 2014 - 8:46 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by WRECKEDEM:



    ya know what, Sonic Boom was a good record and Monster was even better. Both were better than Psycho Circus.  When Glen Campbell can do a better and more interesting version of your song....says a lot.
    I guarantee you KISS is wayyyy heavier than the cupcakes Foo is making half of america eat

    Why is "heavier" better ? Why not enjoy music for the emotions that drive our lives, like love, humor, reflection, and maybe a touch of sarcasm ? Trust me, I'll listen to Kiss all day if it means not listening to even one song by AC/DC. But Foo Fighters have it going on for the everyday folks and not just the mindless, soulless losers who think "I Pledge Allegiance to the State of Rock n' Roll" is inspiring. I suppose if I were 13 years old in 1982 it may have been, but most people mature beyond that age...others don't.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WRECKEDEM:



    ya know what, Sonic Boom was a good record and Monster was even better. Both were better than Psycho Circus.  When Glen Campbell can do a better and more interesting version of your song....says a lot.
    I guarantee you KISS is wayyyy heavier than the cupcakes Foo is making half of america eat

    Why is "heavier" better ? Why not enjoy music for the emotions that drive our lives, like love, humor, reflection, and maybe a touch of sarcasm ? Trust me, I'll listen to Kiss all day if it means not listening to even one song by AC/DC. But Foo Fighters have it going on for the everyday folks and not just the mindless, soulless losers who think "I Pledge Allegiance to the State of Rock n' Roll" is inspiring. I suppose if I were 13 years old in 1982 it may have been, but most people mature beyond that age...others don't.
     
    JoeyOhhh
    JoeyOhhh
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 721
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 6:38 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    Why is "heavier" better ? Why not enjoy music for the emotions that drive our lives, like love, humor, reflection, and maybe a touch of sarcasm ? Trust me, I'll listen to Kiss all day if it means not listening to even one song by AC/DC. But Foo Fighters have it going on for the everyday folks and not just the mindless, soulless losers who think "I Pledge Allegiance to the State of Rock n' Roll" is inspiring. I suppose if I were 13 years old in 1982 it may have been, but most people mature beyond that age...others don't.

         Couldn't of said it better myself, my friend. Kiss may have had a few "marginally" tolerable songs early on, I'll give you "Strutter", "Detroit Rock City", and even "Calling Dr. Love" is kind of a catchy, poppy tune. But for the most part they are just crap. They were/are a running bad joke that somehow gets a pass as a "classic" heavy metal band? I mean "Rock And Roll All NIte" is just insufferable, and just drones that line on and on and on...... "Beth" is lame, and what's-his-face the drummer can't sing for sh!t..... The aforementioned "Pledge"?..... "Disco"?..... "Love Gun"? "Lick It Up"? "Plaster Caster"???- Really Paul & Gene? How old were you guys when you created these? 12? - - and these are the HITS!?!?! - shows how dumb most rock "aficionados" are..... 

    How about Gene Simmons was pushing 30 YEARS OLD when he wrote this:

    "I don't usually say things like this to girls your age
    But when I saw you coming out of the school that day
    That day I knew, I knew, I've got to have you, I've got to have you

    She's' been around, but she's young and clean
    I've got to have her, can't live without her, whoo no

    Christine sixteen, Christine sixteen"

    Pedophilia??? - real Rock and Roll there, Gene......

    They started off as a decent all encompassing live "musical" act much like a Rocky Horror Picture Show concert would be, turned into the WWF of rock, and now they're Big Pharma - just in it for the $$$$$ - yeah, REAL rock and roll......

    So, comparing them to the Foo Fighters is like comparing a kobe steak to a pre frozen burger you get from AM/PM. It's like comparing Blue Fin Tuna sushi to fish sticks..... I'm hungry now.... 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    Why is "heavier" better ? Why not enjoy music for the emotions that drive our lives, like love, humor, reflection, and maybe a touch of sarcasm ? Trust me, I'll listen to Kiss all day if it means not listening to even one song by AC/DC. But Foo Fighters have it going on for the everyday folks and not just the mindless, soulless losers who think "I Pledge Allegiance to the State of Rock n' Roll" is inspiring. I suppose if I were 13 years old in 1982 it may have been, but most people mature beyond that age...others don't.

         Couldn't of said it better myself, my friend. Kiss may have had a few "marginally" tolerable songs early on, I'll give you "Strutter", "Detroit Rock City", and even "Calling Dr. Love" is kind of a catchy, poppy tune. But for the most part they are just crap. They were/are a running bad joke that somehow gets a pass as a "classic" heavy metal band? I mean "Rock And Roll All NIte" is just insufferable, and just drones that line on and on and on...... "Beth" is lame, and what's-his-face the drummer can't sing for sh!t..... The aforementioned "Pledge"?..... "Disco"?..... "Love Gun"? "Lick It Up"? "Plaster Caster"???- Really Paul & Gene? How old were you guys when you created these? 12? - - and these are the HITS!?!?! - shows how dumb most rock "aficionados" are..... 

    How about Gene Simmons was pushing 30 YEARS OLD when he wrote this:

    "I don't usually say things like this to girls your age
    But when I saw you coming out of the school that day
    That day I knew, I knew, I've got to have you, I've got to have you

    She's' been around, but she's young and clean
    I've got to have her, can't live without her, whoo no

    Christine sixteen, Christine sixteen"

    Pedophilia??? - real Rock and Roll there, Gene......

    They started off as a decent all encompassing live "musical" act much like a Rocky Horror Picture Show concert would be, turned into the WWF of rock, and now they're Big Pharma - just in it for the $$$$$ - yeah, REAL rock and roll......

    So, comparing them to the Foo Fighters is like comparing a kobe steak to a pre frozen burger you get from AM/PM. It's like comparing Blue Fin Tuna sushi to fish sticks..... I'm hungry now.... 

     
    WRECKEDEM
    WRECKEDEM
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 977
    Posted: Dec. 1, 2014 - 7:13 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    Why is "heavier" better ? Why not enjoy music for the emotions that drive our lives, like love, humor, reflection, and maybe a touch of sarcasm ? Trust me, I'll listen to Kiss all day if it means not listening to even one song by AC/DC. But Foo Fighters have it going on for the everyday folks and not just the mindless, soulless losers who think "I Pledge Allegiance to the State of Rock n' Roll" is inspiring. I suppose if I were 13 years old in 1982 it may have been, but most people mature beyond that age...others don't.


    Heavier is not necessarily better, I was just pointing out a previous posters comparison. And I agree that music should be enjoyed for whatever moves you. Even if it means getting laid or having a party on a Saturday night.

    I will take your mindless soulless loser comment personally since I actually like I Pledge Allegiance To the State of Rock n Roll. At least I can tap my foot to it.  Perhaps you should visit a podiatrist.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Getty3:


    Why is "heavier" better ? Why not enjoy music for the emotions that drive our lives, like love, humor, reflection, and maybe a touch of sarcasm ? Trust me, I'll listen to Kiss all day if it means not listening to even one song by AC/DC. But Foo Fighters have it going on for the everyday folks and not just the mindless, soulless losers who think "I Pledge Allegiance to the State of Rock n' Roll" is inspiring. I suppose if I were 13 years old in 1982 it may have been, but most people mature beyond that age...others don't.


    Heavier is not necessarily better, I was just pointing out a previous posters comparison. And I agree that music should be enjoyed for whatever moves you. Even if it means getting laid or having a party on a Saturday night.

    I will take your mindless soulless loser comment personally since I actually like I Pledge Allegiance To the State of Rock n Roll. At least I can tap my foot to it.  Perhaps you should visit a podiatrist.
     
    WRECKEDEM
    WRECKEDEM
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 977
    Posted: Dec. 1, 2014 - 7:22 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyOhhh:

         Couldn't of said it better myself, my friend. Kiss may have had a few "marginally" tolerable songs early on, I'll give you "Strutter", "Detroit Rock City", and even "Calling Dr. Love" is kind of a catchy, poppy tune. But for the most part they are just crap. They were/are a running bad joke that somehow gets a pass as a "classic" heavy metal band? I mean "Rock And Roll All NIte" is just insufferable, and just drones that line on and on and on...... "Beth" is lame, and what's-his-face the drummer can't sing for sh!t..... The aforementioned "Pledge"?..... "Disco"?..... "Love Gun"? "Lick It Up"? "Plaster Caster"???- Really Paul & Gene? How old were you guys when you created these? 12? - - and these are the HITS!?!?! - shows how dumb most rock "aficionados" are..... 

    How about Gene Simmons was pushing 30 YEARS OLD when he wrote this:

    "I don't usually say things like this to girls your age
    But when I saw you coming out of the school that day
    That day I knew, I knew, I've got to have you, I've got to have you

    She's' been around, but she's young and clean
    I've got to have her, can't live without her, whoo no

    Christine sixteen, Christine sixteen"

    Pedophilia??? - real Rock and Roll there, Gene......

    They started off as a decent all encompassing live "musical" act much like a Rocky Horror Picture Show concert would be, turned into the WWF of rock, and now they're Big Pharma - just in it for the $$$$$ - yeah, REAL rock and roll......

    So, comparing them to the Foo Fighters is like comparing a kobe steak to a pre frozen burger you get from AM/PM. It's like comparing Blue Fin Tuna sushi to fish sticks..... I'm hungry now.... 



    Foo is like the biggest or second biggest rock band on the planet. You don't think they are making a $$$$?  Any band who says they are not doing it for the money ain't making any.  garbage, John Cale even said they were doing if for the money when the Velvets got back together. I'm a HUGE Velvet Underground fan by the way.

    Hey if you like boring, forgettable riff based rock that goes no where, then Foo is your band. 

    What's his face is Peter Criss and he probably has the best voice in KISS. Of course you know Beth for being the hit that it was.

    As for Christine 16, it's one thing to sing about jailbait and it's another to actually abduct some. Jimmy Page, Ted Nugent anybody?  I will say that I find it odd when KISS includes it in their present day sets. 

    Ol' Dave Grohly has a confession to make...he's a KISS fan.

    May Gene Simmons breathe fire on you.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyOhhh:

         Couldn't of said it better myself, my friend. Kiss may have had a few "marginally" tolerable songs early on, I'll give you "Strutter", "Detroit Rock City", and even "Calling Dr. Love" is kind of a catchy, poppy tune. But for the most part they are just crap. They were/are a running bad joke that somehow gets a pass as a "classic" heavy metal band? I mean "Rock And Roll All NIte" is just insufferable, and just drones that line on and on and on...... "Beth" is lame, and what's-his-face the drummer can't sing for sh!t..... The aforementioned "Pledge"?..... "Disco"?..... "Love Gun"? "Lick It Up"? "Plaster Caster"???- Really Paul & Gene? How old were you guys when you created these? 12? - - and these are the HITS!?!?! - shows how dumb most rock "aficionados" are..... 

    How about Gene Simmons was pushing 30 YEARS OLD when he wrote this:

    "I don't usually say things like this to girls your age
    But when I saw you coming out of the school that day
    That day I knew, I knew, I've got to have you, I've got to have you

    She's' been around, but she's young and clean
    I've got to have her, can't live without her, whoo no

    Christine sixteen, Christine sixteen"

    Pedophilia??? - real Rock and Roll there, Gene......

    They started off as a decent all encompassing live "musical" act much like a Rocky Horror Picture Show concert would be, turned into the WWF of rock, and now they're Big Pharma - just in it for the $$$$$ - yeah, REAL rock and roll......

    So, comparing them to the Foo Fighters is like comparing a kobe steak to a pre frozen burger you get from AM/PM. It's like comparing Blue Fin Tuna sushi to fish sticks..... I'm hungry now.... 



    Foo is like the biggest or second biggest rock band on the planet. You don't think they are making a $$$$?  Any band who says they are not doing it for the money ain't making any.  garbage, John Cale even said they were doing if for the money when the Velvets got back together. I'm a HUGE Velvet Underground fan by the way.

    Hey if you like boring, forgettable riff based rock that goes no where, then Foo is your band. 

    What's his face is Peter Criss and he probably has the best voice in KISS. Of course you know Beth for being the hit that it was.

    As for Christine 16, it's one thing to sing about jailbait and it's another to actually abduct some. Jimmy Page, Ted Nugent anybody?  I will say that I find it odd when KISS includes it in their present day sets. 

    Ol' Dave Grohly has a confession to make...he's a KISS fan.

    May Gene Simmons breathe fire on you.

     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2015 - 9:42 PM ET #23

    with all that talent, why the generic radio noise i confuse with every other garbage band?
    Reply
    with all that talent, why the generic radio noise i confuse with every other garbage band?
     
    MetalGods
    MetalGods
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 309
    Posted: Feb. 28, 2015 - 12:57 PM ET #24

    They suck
    Reply
    They suck
     
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:35 PM ET #25

    liking stone sour , and theory of a dead man
    Reply
    liking stone sour , and theory of a dead man
    All Forums | Music
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,254
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • PART DEUX 210
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,106
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,601
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,206
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,128
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,011
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.