What is your first big concert experience
1973, I was 15 so to young to drive so my Mother drove me and a couple of buddies to downtown Detroit to Frank Zappa. Opening act was Donovan (they call me Mello Yello) and Frampton's Camels. That was the name of Peter Frampton's band before he went on to his big solo career. Donovan was pretty cool, Frampton sucked and Zappa was absolutely awesome as he was singing stuff like "Don't eat the Yellow Snow" and "I might be moving to Montana soon"
1973, I was 15 so to young to drive so my Mother drove me and a couple of buddies to downtown Detroit to Frank Zappa. Opening act was Donovan (they call me Mello Yello) and Frampton's Camels. That was the name of Peter Frampton's band before he went on to his big solo career. Donovan was pretty cool, Frampton sucked and Zappa was absolutely awesome as he was singing stuff like "Don't eat the Yellow Snow" and "I might be moving to Montana soon"
Judas Priest......1979........Seattle Center Coliseum (now the Key Arena)
That show brought back memories for me also. Duluth, Minnesota. The opening act was a beer guzzlin dude named Rory Gallagher.
Judas Priest......1979........Seattle Center Coliseum (now the Key Arena)
That show brought back memories for me also. Duluth, Minnesota. The opening act was a beer guzzlin dude named Rory Gallagher.
He was the Hendrix of my generation.I was right up front and I did not move for 3 hours ( I did not want to lose my spot) . I was in awe of how great he played.SRV was a real showman,and his licks were beyond belief. I think my ears rang for a week.
He was the Hendrix of my generation.I was right up front and I did not move for 3 hours ( I did not want to lose my spot) . I was in awe of how great he played.SRV was a real showman,and his licks were beyond belief. I think my ears rang for a week.
1973, I was 15 so to young to drive so my Mother drove me and a couple of buddies to downtown Detroit to Frank Zappa. Opening act was Donovan (they call me Mello Yello) and Frampton's Camels. That was the name of Peter Frampton's band before he went on to his big solo career. Donovan was pretty cool, Frampton sucked and Zappa was absolutely awesome as he was singing stuff like "Don't eat the Yellow Snow" and "I might be moving to Montana soon"
1973, I was 15 so to young to drive so my Mother drove me and a couple of buddies to downtown Detroit to Frank Zappa. Opening act was Donovan (they call me Mello Yello) and Frampton's Camels. That was the name of Peter Frampton's band before he went on to his big solo career. Donovan was pretty cool, Frampton sucked and Zappa was absolutely awesome as he was singing stuff like "Don't eat the Yellow Snow" and "I might be moving to Montana soon"
In 5th grade my mom dropped me and buddy off to see the Beastie Boys. Col Ballroom, Davenport Iowa, 1987
At that same place I saw Wasp, Dokken, Ratt, Poison, Janes Addiction, Megadeth, Danzig, NIN, Primus, Alice in Chains and a bunch of others before they were big enough to play arenas.
Now that place is a bingo hall and there's no where to see a small-midsize show.
In 5th grade my mom dropped me and buddy off to see the Beastie Boys. Col Ballroom, Davenport Iowa, 1987
At that same place I saw Wasp, Dokken, Ratt, Poison, Janes Addiction, Megadeth, Danzig, NIN, Primus, Alice in Chains and a bunch of others before they were big enough to play arenas.
Now that place is a bingo hall and there's no where to see a small-midsize show.
I forgot to add that many, many years later... my Mom surprised me again with a photo album full of the newspaper clippings and ticket stubs from these two concerts in Philly. We never had alot of money but these shows were always something we could reminisce about... the good ole days.
Thanks Mom... You've always been the greatest. ![]()
Just 9 1/2 months after I posted this... My Mom passed away and is deadly missed by us all. ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I forgot to add that many, many years later... my Mom surprised me again with a photo album full of the newspaper clippings and ticket stubs from these two concerts in Philly. We never had alot of money but these shows were always something we could reminisce about... the good ole days.
Thanks Mom... You've always been the greatest. ![]()
Just 9 1/2 months after I posted this... My Mom passed away and is deadly missed by us all. ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Just 9 1/2 months after I posted this... My Mom passed away and is deadly missed by us all. ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
You're Mom sounds like she was a very cool lady
Some great stories in here.........
Just 9 1/2 months after I posted this... My Mom passed away and is deadly missed by us all. ![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
You're Mom sounds like she was a very cool lady
Some great stories in here.........
Zep came around again in 1977. Some friends and I camped out for tickets on the sidewalk overnight, along with a lot of other people. By morning, thousands were in line, and getting pushy. We were packed in pretty tight, so whenever the crowd surged, I could raise my feet off the ground and not fall an inch. For all the trouble I went through, the tickets I got weren't that good, maybe 3rd or 4th row mezzanine. All in all, it was kind of a fun and interesting experience. But I never camped out for tickets again.
Zep came around again in 1977. Some friends and I camped out for tickets on the sidewalk overnight, along with a lot of other people. By morning, thousands were in line, and getting pushy. We were packed in pretty tight, so whenever the crowd surged, I could raise my feet off the ground and not fall an inch. For all the trouble I went through, the tickets I got weren't that good, maybe 3rd or 4th row mezzanine. All in all, it was kind of a fun and interesting experience. But I never camped out for tickets again.
Texas Jam at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas...105 degrees
Aerosmith and Nugent headlining......
*'supported' by a few decent opening acts.....
Van Halen.....Journey...Heart...Head East....Frank
Marino and Mahogany Rush......and a few more
Cheech and Chong were there too ....
best (and loudest).....was Aerosmith in Houston '77 or so ....little band called AC DC was the opener ...
*funny I was a big Aerosmith fan.....and really had no interest in seeing AC DC.....................
Texas Jam at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas...105 degrees
Aerosmith and Nugent headlining......
*'supported' by a few decent opening acts.....
Van Halen.....Journey...Heart...Head East....Frank
Marino and Mahogany Rush......and a few more
Cheech and Chong were there too ....
best (and loudest).....was Aerosmith in Houston '77 or so ....little band called AC DC was the opener ...
*funny I was a big Aerosmith fan.....and really had no interest in seeing AC DC.....................
Megadeth/Dream Theatre/Childen of Bodom at the Molson Ampitheatre in Toronto.
Best part of it was getting real hammered then once Megadeth came on we snuck down to damn near the floor (We were on the lawn way back from the action) and It was awesome! Never been that close at that place, so to see a band from so close there was pretty cool.
Honourable mention: Slayer/Judas Priest: When Slayer opens for a band, it can't possibly be a bad show, was also the 1'st time I had seen either band.
Another honorable mention, and probably my favourite concert ever was Judas Priest/Motorhead and Heaven & Hell (Sabbath with Dio).
Went to that one with some a girl from work, and ended up taking my mom and her boyfriend as well. Was awesome cause that was the 1'st concert my mom and I had ever been to together..
No more honorable mentions, or this will be a really long post!
Been to a few with my dad as well.
Megadeth/Dream Theatre/Childen of Bodom at the Molson Ampitheatre in Toronto.
Best part of it was getting real hammered then once Megadeth came on we snuck down to damn near the floor (We were on the lawn way back from the action) and It was awesome! Never been that close at that place, so to see a band from so close there was pretty cool.
Honourable mention: Slayer/Judas Priest: When Slayer opens for a band, it can't possibly be a bad show, was also the 1'st time I had seen either band.
Another honorable mention, and probably my favourite concert ever was Judas Priest/Motorhead and Heaven & Hell (Sabbath with Dio).
Went to that one with some a girl from work, and ended up taking my mom and her boyfriend as well. Was awesome cause that was the 1'st concert my mom and I had ever been to together..
No more honorable mentions, or this will be a really long post!
Been to a few with my dad as well.
Beastie Boys/Fishbone.
I was in 5th grade. I had been to county fair type shows, like Willie Nelson, Charlie Daniels, Blue Oyster Cult, BTO.
But B-boys was my first "Holy Shhhit I'm going to a concert!" type show. I still remember the date for some reason March 14th, 1987,
Beastie Boys/Fishbone.
I was in 5th grade. I had been to county fair type shows, like Willie Nelson, Charlie Daniels, Blue Oyster Cult, BTO.
But B-boys was my first "Holy Shhhit I'm going to a concert!" type show. I still remember the date for some reason March 14th, 1987,
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,255
- Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,230
- Wednesday 09/30/2026 632
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,409
- The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,545
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
- PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 613
- Trump's legacy? 32,957
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,100
- Trump lies so much. 22,892
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
