Posted:
#1
3-2 Tuesday. 10-10 so far. Kings layed an egg in the 4th and the Jazz never had a chance. Many games to be played on Wednesday.
Indiana Pacers -3.5
Take it now! I have no idea what the linesmaker are smoking when they got this line. Pacers are hands down the better team and they can now really defend against perimeter teams with their size and speed.
Miami Heat -10.0
MIA/CHA OVER 185.5
Heat easily gets 90-100 points over the cats and the home team gets around 85ish for the total to easily flirt near the over. I'm taking my chances despite the Heat playing back to back and the third one in four days. Kwame's exit forced the Cats to play a faster and half court set using their ranged "centers" for pick-and-pops. Miami never really had good center to begin with and adjusting their lineup to match the undersized front court of the Bobcats just made it even better for them. DJ Agustin will most likely play since the ankle injury can be taped. Miami also has a tendency of allowing teams to come right back even after building say 20-30 point lead (as seen in their last 2 games and games from last season) so you the Cats will most likely complete their end and score at least around 80.
Washington/Atlanta
I'm not sure if I'm ready to back this Wizards team on the road after a horrible record last season. The side play is almost a toss up. Wizards isn't a very good defensive team despite having the size and athleticism to at least be decent in that department. They do not play that fast tempo of a ball game and yet find ways to run up the scoring. I feel the OVER here is a good play because of the Wizards' lack of commitment to playing defense. The game against New Jersey shows that the Hawks are still the same as last year with a slimmed down J-Smoove and an improved Marvin Williams. Anyway, I'm passing up on this game because of too many unpredictable factors for the road team.
Cleveland Cavaliers +6.0
CLE/DET UNDER 189.5
I tossed a coin and got the Cavs (Tails always goes to the road team). Both games in the preseason were close and the extra points mattered. I know it's not the same but it should be close. Detroit gets a lot from their front court since the Cavs doesn't have much to offer in that department. Irving looks like he'll have a breakout game here since he played well against the Pistons in all two preseason games. I see a close game here and possibly ending somewhere from a 3 point to a 6 point win by whichever side. Both teams continue to have a hard time scoring forcing a stalemate on both ends and each having to grind the points out of each other.
Oklahoma City Thunders -1.0
Line is just right and since OKC is playing 3 in 4 and will host Dallas the next day this play is rather scary. What pushed me to play the road team here despite the unfavorable schedule is that the Grizzlies are not yet at the level where they left off in the post season. They appear to not have the same chemistry as before and lacks any decent bench presence (at least that's what I saw in the Spurs game). Same old shit for the Thunders. Durant scores 30, RW drops 20 and Harden's 15+ points powers their bench.
Los Angeles Clippers +1.5 1Q
Los Angeles Clippers +4.5
Clippers are still that great 1Q team and I'll ride them till they stop coughing 1Q wins. Tough looking stretch for the Spurs with 4 games packed in a 6 day stretch and three of which are young running teams which is not good news for this aging Spurs team. San Antonio looked deadly from beyond the arc against the Grizzlies and I think that they'll go and stretch the Clippers' defense the same way. IMO, I think the Clippers holds their own down with really good 1-on-1 defenders in their back court (Caron ,CP3 and Billups can their own).
Indiana Pacers -3.5
Take it now! I have no idea what the linesmaker are smoking when they got this line. Pacers are hands down the better team and they can now really defend against perimeter teams with their size and speed.
Miami Heat -10.0
MIA/CHA OVER 185.5
Heat easily gets 90-100 points over the cats and the home team gets around 85ish for the total to easily flirt near the over. I'm taking my chances despite the Heat playing back to back and the third one in four days. Kwame's exit forced the Cats to play a faster and half court set using their ranged "centers" for pick-and-pops. Miami never really had good center to begin with and adjusting their lineup to match the undersized front court of the Bobcats just made it even better for them. DJ Agustin will most likely play since the ankle injury can be taped. Miami also has a tendency of allowing teams to come right back even after building say 20-30 point lead (as seen in their last 2 games and games from last season) so you the Cats will most likely complete their end and score at least around 80.
Washington/Atlanta
I'm not sure if I'm ready to back this Wizards team on the road after a horrible record last season. The side play is almost a toss up. Wizards isn't a very good defensive team despite having the size and athleticism to at least be decent in that department. They do not play that fast tempo of a ball game and yet find ways to run up the scoring. I feel the OVER here is a good play because of the Wizards' lack of commitment to playing defense. The game against New Jersey shows that the Hawks are still the same as last year with a slimmed down J-Smoove and an improved Marvin Williams. Anyway, I'm passing up on this game because of too many unpredictable factors for the road team.
Cleveland Cavaliers +6.0
CLE/DET UNDER 189.5
I tossed a coin and got the Cavs (Tails always goes to the road team). Both games in the preseason were close and the extra points mattered. I know it's not the same but it should be close. Detroit gets a lot from their front court since the Cavs doesn't have much to offer in that department. Irving looks like he'll have a breakout game here since he played well against the Pistons in all two preseason games. I see a close game here and possibly ending somewhere from a 3 point to a 6 point win by whichever side. Both teams continue to have a hard time scoring forcing a stalemate on both ends and each having to grind the points out of each other.
Oklahoma City Thunders -1.0
Line is just right and since OKC is playing 3 in 4 and will host Dallas the next day this play is rather scary. What pushed me to play the road team here despite the unfavorable schedule is that the Grizzlies are not yet at the level where they left off in the post season. They appear to not have the same chemistry as before and lacks any decent bench presence (at least that's what I saw in the Spurs game). Same old shit for the Thunders. Durant scores 30, RW drops 20 and Harden's 15+ points powers their bench.
Los Angeles Clippers +1.5 1Q
Los Angeles Clippers +4.5
Clippers are still that great 1Q team and I'll ride them till they stop coughing 1Q wins. Tough looking stretch for the Spurs with 4 games packed in a 6 day stretch and three of which are young running teams which is not good news for this aging Spurs team. San Antonio looked deadly from beyond the arc against the Grizzlies and I think that they'll go and stretch the Clippers' defense the same way. IMO, I think the Clippers holds their own down with really good 1-on-1 defenders in their back court (Caron ,CP3 and Billups can their own).
