• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    Johnson's NBA Wednesday 2/20

    12 Next Last»
    CMJohnson1
    cubicman
    TheForbes777
    Agaver
    LVTruck
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 6104
    Posts: 39
    12 Next Last»
     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 11:31 AM ET #1

    OVERALL RECORD:  160-153 (+4.25u)

    Record vs. Spread/ML:  79-80  (-1.45u)
    Record vs. O/U:  80-71  (+7.5u)
    Record vs. Parlay:  1-2  (-1.9u)
    ========================================================================

    Lost out on the Wizards last night...and didn't get a chance to get back from work in time to make my late plays, which of course looked pretty good.

    I'm going to experiment with a new system.  I've found that I spend so much time researching each game and giving my write-ups for each game...that it becomes difficult to trim it down to a normal number of plays.  I often find that I stray from my initial gut feelings and start to force plays. 

    On a side note, for a majority of the season I have picked every game and every total in the NBA Contest here on Covers....and have done very well.  I will try and convert that success into my every day plays.  Now obviously, going from betting 1-4 games a day to betting 10+ games per day I will have to seriously adjust my units being bet.  Doesn't make any sense still betting the same amount of money on a game and multiplying the plays big time.  1 unit for me throughout the season has been $100.  I'm not a big money gambler as I've said on many occasions...I do this for entertainment and small investment return purposes.  I will now lower my "unit" of betting to $10 and will be making a play on just about every play for the evening.  I will also be keeping a separate record in addition to my full unit betting record.

    I will give this until the end of the month...and see how we do. 



    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    OVERALL RECORD:  160-153 (+4.25u)

    Record vs. Spread/ML:  79-80  (-1.45u)
    Record vs. O/U:  80-71  (+7.5u)
    Record vs. Parlay:  1-2  (-1.9u)
    ========================================================================

    Lost out on the Wizards last night...and didn't get a chance to get back from work in time to make my late plays, which of course looked pretty good.

    I'm going to experiment with a new system.  I've found that I spend so much time researching each game and giving my write-ups for each game...that it becomes difficult to trim it down to a normal number of plays.  I often find that I stray from my initial gut feelings and start to force plays. 

    On a side note, for a majority of the season I have picked every game and every total in the NBA Contest here on Covers....and have done very well.  I will try and convert that success into my every day plays.  Now obviously, going from betting 1-4 games a day to betting 10+ games per day I will have to seriously adjust my units being bet.  Doesn't make any sense still betting the same amount of money on a game and multiplying the plays big time.  1 unit for me throughout the season has been $100.  I'm not a big money gambler as I've said on many occasions...I do this for entertainment and small investment return purposes.  I will now lower my "unit" of betting to $10 and will be making a play on just about every play for the evening.  I will also be keeping a separate record in addition to my full unit betting record.

    I will give this until the end of the month...and see how we do. 



     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 11:45 AM ET #2

    Memphis Grizzlies vs. Toronto Raptors -

    Both teams coming into this game off a nice win last night.  Grizzlies have a shorter flight in however, as they are coming in from Detroit, while the Raptors are flying in from Washington DC.  The last six games for the Grizzlies have all gone OVER the total, and by an average of 9.16 points per game.  This is the first meeting against Rudy G., and he will no doubt be motivated to go big against his old team and old friends.  The Grizzlies in the past couple games have figured out a fantastic offense centered around Mike Conley handling the ball and getting it down low to Randolph, Gasol, and Ed Davis.  The spread in this one is a tough one to figure out because of the conflicting motivating factors.  Will Memphis want to come out and beat their former All-Star?  Will Rudy G. buckle down and find a way to will his team to a win at home?  Raptors are 10-2 ATS on B2B games.  Grizzlies are 5-1 ATS against the Atlantic Division.  What this game really comes down to in my opinion is rebounds.  The Grizzlies outrebounded the Raptors in the first matchup big time.  I also don't think the total has adjusted to the newer style of the Grizzlies.

    Prediction:  Grizzlies 98  Raptors 96

    Grizzlies +1  (1.1 to win 1)
    OVER 186.5
      (1.1 to win 1)
    Reply
    Memphis Grizzlies vs. Toronto Raptors -

    Both teams coming into this game off a nice win last night.  Grizzlies have a shorter flight in however, as they are coming in from Detroit, while the Raptors are flying in from Washington DC.  The last six games for the Grizzlies have all gone OVER the total, and by an average of 9.16 points per game.  This is the first meeting against Rudy G., and he will no doubt be motivated to go big against his old team and old friends.  The Grizzlies in the past couple games have figured out a fantastic offense centered around Mike Conley handling the ball and getting it down low to Randolph, Gasol, and Ed Davis.  The spread in this one is a tough one to figure out because of the conflicting motivating factors.  Will Memphis want to come out and beat their former All-Star?  Will Rudy G. buckle down and find a way to will his team to a win at home?  Raptors are 10-2 ATS on B2B games.  Grizzlies are 5-1 ATS against the Atlantic Division.  What this game really comes down to in my opinion is rebounds.  The Grizzlies outrebounded the Raptors in the first matchup big time.  I also don't think the total has adjusted to the newer style of the Grizzlies.

    Prediction:  Grizzlies 98  Raptors 96

    Grizzlies +1  (1.1 to win 1)
    OVER 186.5
      (1.1 to win 1)
     
    cubicman
    cubicman
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 18598
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 11:48 AM ET #3

    Reply
     
    TheForbes777
    TheForbes777
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 1823
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 11:55 AM ET #4

    Nice write up man, but the difference on the B2B for me is that MEM has been living in hotels on this b2b while TOR gets to go home for the most part. A roady on a B2B against the best team ATS on B2B. Looking tough man, I like that OVER though. Rudy G will explode on MEM, and IMO Tor got the better road win. DET is just awful while with Beal and Wall WAS has been a formidable opponent. Be wary of TOR. GL man!
    Reply
    Nice write up man, but the difference on the B2B for me is that MEM has been living in hotels on this b2b while TOR gets to go home for the most part. A roady on a B2B against the best team ATS on B2B. Looking tough man, I like that OVER though. Rudy G will explode on MEM, and IMO Tor got the better road win. DET is just awful while with Beal and Wall WAS has been a formidable opponent. Be wary of TOR. GL man!
     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 11:58 AM ET #5

    New York Knicks vs. Indiana Pacers -

    One of the best three point shooting teams against one of the best defensive 3pt percentage teams.  First matchup between these two only hit 164 points with the Knicks shooting 28% from 3 and 36% from the field, but won by 12 at home being able to force 19 turnovers.  Second matchup in Indiana featured no Carmelo Anthony, 20% 3 point shooting from the Knicks (including a 2-9 performance from Jason Kidd) and 34% from the field.  Amare Stoudamire had still just barely returned from his injury at that point as well.  The Pacers have improved very much in the past couple weeks as far as FG%...and have been able to get closer to the 100 point mark more regularly.  The biggest thing I've pointed to in the first couple matchups is that the Knicks have been able to out-rebound the Pacers in both games.  Pacers have led the league in rebounding pretty much from the start of the year.  I look for Carmelo to come out of the All-Star break...and I certainly look for them to get the 3-point shot going tonight.  The Knicks are 25-5 this season when they hit 11 or more 3pointers. 

    Prediction:  Knicks 99  Pacers 94

    Knicks +3.5  (2.2 to win 2)
    OVER 185.5  (1.1 to win 1)

    Reply
    New York Knicks vs. Indiana Pacers -

    One of the best three point shooting teams against one of the best defensive 3pt percentage teams.  First matchup between these two only hit 164 points with the Knicks shooting 28% from 3 and 36% from the field, but won by 12 at home being able to force 19 turnovers.  Second matchup in Indiana featured no Carmelo Anthony, 20% 3 point shooting from the Knicks (including a 2-9 performance from Jason Kidd) and 34% from the field.  Amare Stoudamire had still just barely returned from his injury at that point as well.  The Pacers have improved very much in the past couple weeks as far as FG%...and have been able to get closer to the 100 point mark more regularly.  The biggest thing I've pointed to in the first couple matchups is that the Knicks have been able to out-rebound the Pacers in both games.  Pacers have led the league in rebounding pretty much from the start of the year.  I look for Carmelo to come out of the All-Star break...and I certainly look for them to get the 3-point shot going tonight.  The Knicks are 25-5 this season when they hit 11 or more 3pointers. 

    Prediction:  Knicks 99  Pacers 94

    Knicks +3.5  (2.2 to win 2)
    OVER 185.5  (1.1 to win 1)

     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 11:59 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by TheForbes777:

    Nice write up man, but the difference on the B2B for me is that MEM has been living in hotels on this b2b while TOR gets to go home for the most part. A roady on a B2B against the best team ATS on B2B. Looking tough man, I like that OVER though. Rudy G will explode on MEM, and IMO Tor got the better road win. DET is just awful while with Beal and Wall WAS has been a formidable opponent. Be wary of TOR. GL man!


    I am always wary of Toronto!!  They are a sneaky team
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheForbes777:

    Nice write up man, but the difference on the B2B for me is that MEM has been living in hotels on this b2b while TOR gets to go home for the most part. A roady on a B2B against the best team ATS on B2B. Looking tough man, I like that OVER though. Rudy G will explode on MEM, and IMO Tor got the better road win. DET is just awful while with Beal and Wall WAS has been a formidable opponent. Be wary of TOR. GL man!


    I am always wary of Toronto!!  They are a sneaky team
     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 12:08 PM ET #7

    Detroit Pistons vs. Charlotte Bobcats -

    Pistons coming off a double digit loss against the Grizzlies, while the Bobcats got a rare road win against the Magic in Orlando.  Bobcats defense has been playing a little bit better in the past week or so once they got out of the road trip with teams such as the Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, and Cavaliers.  Now that they have been able to play slower paced teams, they have improved a little bit.  The Pistons would certainly qualify for a slower paced team, ranking 20th in PPG and 15th in FG% and 28th in FT%.  Only 3 of the 12 B2B games for the Pistons have gone OVER the total...only 1 game in the month of February for the Bobcats has gone OVER the total.  With person Bavetta on the court as well, I think there is only one logical play on this game.

    Prediction:  Pistons 96  Bobcats 91

    UNDER 195  (1.1 to win 1)

    Reply
    Detroit Pistons vs. Charlotte Bobcats -

    Pistons coming off a double digit loss against the Grizzlies, while the Bobcats got a rare road win against the Magic in Orlando.  Bobcats defense has been playing a little bit better in the past week or so once they got out of the road trip with teams such as the Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, and Cavaliers.  Now that they have been able to play slower paced teams, they have improved a little bit.  The Pistons would certainly qualify for a slower paced team, ranking 20th in PPG and 15th in FG% and 28th in FT%.  Only 3 of the 12 B2B games for the Pistons have gone OVER the total...only 1 game in the month of February for the Bobcats has gone OVER the total.  With person Bavetta on the court as well, I think there is only one logical play on this game.

    Prediction:  Pistons 96  Bobcats 91

    UNDER 195  (1.1 to win 1)

     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 12:16 PM ET #8

    New Orleans Hornets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers -

    Tough to see the Hornets being able to compete with the faster paced, guard orientated Cavaliers without Eric Gordon in their lineup.  Even last night he was able to put up 20 points with an injured knee.  Cavaliers have lost three straight home games against the Western Conference, and this is a rare opportunity for a nationally televised game where they can get a big win.  They also have to fly out for a three game road trip after this game...so I would tend to lean on the fact that Kyrie Irving and his boys will be ultra-focused for this game.  Spread seemed to be set right about where it should be, and I would expect it to continue to rise as the public will pound the Cavs.  As far as the total is concerned, it's tough to tell with the key injury for the Hornets.  I like the Cavaliers to get over the 100 mark just barely, but it's just way too difficult to tell what the Hornets will be able to put up.  Will they have the 111 or 105 on the road like against the Hawks and Pistons?  Or will it be the 86 or 89 point performance on the road that they gave against the Raptors and Wolves? 

    Prediction:  Cavaliers 102  Hornets 91

    Cavaliers -2.5  (1.1 to win 1)

    Reply
    New Orleans Hornets vs. Cleveland Cavaliers -

    Tough to see the Hornets being able to compete with the faster paced, guard orientated Cavaliers without Eric Gordon in their lineup.  Even last night he was able to put up 20 points with an injured knee.  Cavaliers have lost three straight home games against the Western Conference, and this is a rare opportunity for a nationally televised game where they can get a big win.  They also have to fly out for a three game road trip after this game...so I would tend to lean on the fact that Kyrie Irving and his boys will be ultra-focused for this game.  Spread seemed to be set right about where it should be, and I would expect it to continue to rise as the public will pound the Cavs.  As far as the total is concerned, it's tough to tell with the key injury for the Hornets.  I like the Cavaliers to get over the 100 mark just barely, but it's just way too difficult to tell what the Hornets will be able to put up.  Will they have the 111 or 105 on the road like against the Hawks and Pistons?  Or will it be the 86 or 89 point performance on the road that they gave against the Raptors and Wolves? 

    Prediction:  Cavaliers 102  Hornets 91

    Cavaliers -2.5  (1.1 to win 1)

     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 12:26 PM ET #9

    Miami Heat vs. Atlanta Hawks -

    I am very interested to see how the Miami Heat and they're 3 all-star's come out after the break.  They entered the All-Star break as one of the hottest teams in the league, winning 4 straight games by double digits, all against playoff caliber teams.  They also have absolutely dominated the Hawks in Atlanta...winning and covering the last 6 meetings in ATL.  Hawks have struggled all season at home...and the spread is set low enough that a wide majority of the public bettors will pound the hell out of the Heat.  First matchup hit 184 and the second matchup hit 193...strong feeling towards that trend continuing.  Heat were able to shoot almost 60% in the second meeting in Atlanta despite Ray Allen only shooting 1-8 from the field.  Now usually I go with the third meeting middling the first two totals, but with the lack of Dwayne Wade in the first game between these two, you have to take that with a grain of salt.  So the second meeting is what we are looking at.  Do we see 193 points as high, low, or average for these two teams?  Clearly, Vegas looks at it as being low, as they have set the total in this one at the 197 mark.  Biggest question in this game is the motivation and energy from the Heat.  I'm sure that the Hawks will come out pumped up to shut down this long streak.

    Prediction:  Heat 104  Hawks 100

    OVER 197  (1.1 to win 1)

    Reply
    Miami Heat vs. Atlanta Hawks -

    I am very interested to see how the Miami Heat and they're 3 all-star's come out after the break.  They entered the All-Star break as one of the hottest teams in the league, winning 4 straight games by double digits, all against playoff caliber teams.  They also have absolutely dominated the Hawks in Atlanta...winning and covering the last 6 meetings in ATL.  Hawks have struggled all season at home...and the spread is set low enough that a wide majority of the public bettors will pound the hell out of the Heat.  First matchup hit 184 and the second matchup hit 193...strong feeling towards that trend continuing.  Heat were able to shoot almost 60% in the second meeting in Atlanta despite Ray Allen only shooting 1-8 from the field.  Now usually I go with the third meeting middling the first two totals, but with the lack of Dwayne Wade in the first game between these two, you have to take that with a grain of salt.  So the second meeting is what we are looking at.  Do we see 193 points as high, low, or average for these two teams?  Clearly, Vegas looks at it as being low, as they have set the total in this one at the 197 mark.  Biggest question in this game is the motivation and energy from the Heat.  I'm sure that the Hawks will come out pumped up to shut down this long streak.

    Prediction:  Heat 104  Hawks 100

    OVER 197  (1.1 to win 1)

     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 12:33 PM ET #10

    Brooklyn Nets vs. Milwaukee Bucks -

    Second game of the home and home between these two, and last night was certainly not a disappointment.  Last night was very fast paced, great shooting by both teams, especially from beyond the arc.  History and logic tells me that the Bucks will come out tonight and get the win...as that's how home and home's usually go.  Also really having a hard time seeing both of these teams getting over 100 points in regulation once again.  Brandon Jennings went nuts in the 3rd quarter to get the Bucks back into the game, and the Nets went nuts from 3, especially Joe Johnson hitting two crazy shots to send it to OT and win the game.  Nets struggle to win in Milwaukee...and on the road in general.

    Prediction:  Bucks 96  Nets 89

    UNDER 195  (1.1 to win 1)

    Reply
    Brooklyn Nets vs. Milwaukee Bucks -

    Second game of the home and home between these two, and last night was certainly not a disappointment.  Last night was very fast paced, great shooting by both teams, especially from beyond the arc.  History and logic tells me that the Bucks will come out tonight and get the win...as that's how home and home's usually go.  Also really having a hard time seeing both of these teams getting over 100 points in regulation once again.  Brandon Jennings went nuts in the 3rd quarter to get the Bucks back into the game, and the Nets went nuts from 3, especially Joe Johnson hitting two crazy shots to send it to OT and win the game.  Nets struggle to win in Milwaukee...and on the road in general.

    Prediction:  Bucks 96  Nets 89

    UNDER 195  (1.1 to win 1)

     
    Agaver
    Agaver
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 266
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 12:34 PM ET #11

    CMJ...I love reading your analysis each day...BOL
    Reply
    CMJ...I love reading your analysis each day...BOL
     
    LVTruck
    LVTruck
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 37340
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 12:35 PM ET #12

    Reply
     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 12:44 PM ET #13

    Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Houston Rockets -

    22 point win.  30 point win.  That's the two results from the first two meetings between these teams.  Thunder have absolutely OWNED the Rockets so far this season.  Putting up 120 and 124 is no joke as well.  Thunder struggled going into the All-Star break, losing against the Jazz in a look ahead game to the Heat...and then got shmacked down by the Heat on national television.  What might be the biggest factor for me is the Thunder's incredible trend of winning SU and ATS or losing SU and ATS in games.  They just don't win games but not cover.  The last time they won a game, and failed to cover was on January 18th against Dallas...the time before that was December 27th against Dallas.  As a matter of fact, it's only happened 7 times all season.  So what are the odds that the Rockets win this game SU?  They are only 15-14 SU this season against teams with a winning record.  They are only 6-13 SU this season against teams that average 100+ points.

    Prediction:  Thunder 112  Rockets 108

    NO PLAY - - - - ENJOY THE GAME!!

    Reply
    Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Houston Rockets -

    22 point win.  30 point win.  That's the two results from the first two meetings between these teams.  Thunder have absolutely OWNED the Rockets so far this season.  Putting up 120 and 124 is no joke as well.  Thunder struggled going into the All-Star break, losing against the Jazz in a look ahead game to the Heat...and then got shmacked down by the Heat on national television.  What might be the biggest factor for me is the Thunder's incredible trend of winning SU and ATS or losing SU and ATS in games.  They just don't win games but not cover.  The last time they won a game, and failed to cover was on January 18th against Dallas...the time before that was December 27th against Dallas.  As a matter of fact, it's only happened 7 times all season.  So what are the odds that the Rockets win this game SU?  They are only 15-14 SU this season against teams with a winning record.  They are only 6-13 SU this season against teams that average 100+ points.

    Prediction:  Thunder 112  Rockets 108

    NO PLAY - - - - ENJOY THE GAME!!

     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 12:52 PM ET #14

    Philadelphia Sixers vs. Minnesota Wolves -

    Last 5 games for the Sixers they are averaging 83 points.  Last 7 games for the Sixers the games have averaged 169 points total.  First matchup between these two in Philly hit 193 points.  To me, that would be on the higher side.  It will either go up or down, and I highly doubt that this game approaches the 200 mark.  The Sixers have some meetings with the Heat and Knicks on the horizon and the Wolves have the Thunder and some Western rivals on the horizon.  No matter how much I look at this game, I can't see much motivation.

    Prediction:  Wolves 90  Sixers 85

    UNDER 188  (2.2 to win 2)

    Reply
    Philadelphia Sixers vs. Minnesota Wolves -

    Last 5 games for the Sixers they are averaging 83 points.  Last 7 games for the Sixers the games have averaged 169 points total.  First matchup between these two in Philly hit 193 points.  To me, that would be on the higher side.  It will either go up or down, and I highly doubt that this game approaches the 200 mark.  The Sixers have some meetings with the Heat and Knicks on the horizon and the Wolves have the Thunder and some Western rivals on the horizon.  No matter how much I look at this game, I can't see much motivation.

    Prediction:  Wolves 90  Sixers 85

    UNDER 188  (2.2 to win 2)

     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 12:58 PM ET #15

    Orlando Magic vs. Dallas Mavericks -

    Is there any reason to take the Orlando Magic?  Because I've been looking at this game for a while, and I can't' find one.  Mavericks very well rested being home since the 5th of February...only with one blip on the radar against the Hawks.  Magic struggle against teams with losing records.  Dallas is putting up 107 in their last 5 games, the Magic are allowing 104.  I can't see any scenario where the Magic get 100 points in this game.  The only scenario I can see where the Mavericks don't get over 100 is if they come out extremely lazy.  Without any big games on the schedule ahead, I don't see it happening.

    Prediction:  Mavericks 108  Magic 92

    Dallas Mavericks -10.5  (1.1 to win 1)

    Reply
    Orlando Magic vs. Dallas Mavericks -

    Is there any reason to take the Orlando Magic?  Because I've been looking at this game for a while, and I can't' find one.  Mavericks very well rested being home since the 5th of February...only with one blip on the radar against the Hawks.  Magic struggle against teams with losing records.  Dallas is putting up 107 in their last 5 games, the Magic are allowing 104.  I can't see any scenario where the Magic get 100 points in this game.  The only scenario I can see where the Mavericks don't get over 100 is if they come out extremely lazy.  Without any big games on the schedule ahead, I don't see it happening.

    Prediction:  Mavericks 108  Magic 92

    Dallas Mavericks -10.5  (1.1 to win 1)

     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 1:07 PM ET #16

    Phoenix Suns vs. Golden State Warriors -

    Good game here for the Warriors to get their defensive identity back.  First meeting on opening night hit a whopping 172 points...second matchup was a faster pace, and the Warriors went nuts and the total reached 206.  I have no idea what happened to this team that was supposedly going to be focused on defense...giving up 120 points routinely, and even a 140 spot thrown in there.  I'll split the difference between the first two matchups in this game.

    Prediction:  Warriors 102  Suns 92

    UNDER 205  (1.1 to win 1)

    Reply
    Phoenix Suns vs. Golden State Warriors -

    Good game here for the Warriors to get their defensive identity back.  First meeting on opening night hit a whopping 172 points...second matchup was a faster pace, and the Warriors went nuts and the total reached 206.  I have no idea what happened to this team that was supposedly going to be focused on defense...giving up 120 points routinely, and even a 140 spot thrown in there.  I'll split the difference between the first two matchups in this game.

    Prediction:  Warriors 102  Suns 92

    UNDER 205  (1.1 to win 1)

     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 1:14 PM ET #17

    Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers -

    Called last night's game against the Nuggets perfectly by saying that the spread was just a BIT TOO HIGH.  Well, the Celtics covered by a points.  Tonight is the qualifying "what the funk?" game of the night.  Do I see the Lakers winning this game?  Yes I do.  These teams routinely alternate wins during the regular season...both SU and ATS.  The Celtics aren't as terrible this season as they have been in the past on B2B games...5-6 ATS.  The Celtics do very well this season against teams that give up 100+ points and they do very well against teams with a losing record.  The Lakers on the other hand are 7-14 ATS against the Eastern Conference, 12-17 ATS against teams with a winning record.  The referees in this game are not very home friendly either...and what this game really comes down to is that I don't see the first matchup repeating itself where it is a blowout type of game.  I see the Lakers pounding the ball down low to Dwight Howard a lot more...the media pressure is high to do such a thing.  If that happens, it slows down the game, limits the rebounding potential (a Laker advantage), and keeps the game closer. 

    Prediction:  Lakers 97  Celtics 94

    Boston Celtics +7  (2.2 to win 2)

    Reply
    Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers -

    Called last night's game against the Nuggets perfectly by saying that the spread was just a BIT TOO HIGH.  Well, the Celtics covered by a points.  Tonight is the qualifying "what the funk?" game of the night.  Do I see the Lakers winning this game?  Yes I do.  These teams routinely alternate wins during the regular season...both SU and ATS.  The Celtics aren't as terrible this season as they have been in the past on B2B games...5-6 ATS.  The Celtics do very well this season against teams that give up 100+ points and they do very well against teams with a losing record.  The Lakers on the other hand are 7-14 ATS against the Eastern Conference, 12-17 ATS against teams with a winning record.  The referees in this game are not very home friendly either...and what this game really comes down to is that I don't see the first matchup repeating itself where it is a blowout type of game.  I see the Lakers pounding the ball down low to Dwight Howard a lot more...the media pressure is high to do such a thing.  If that happens, it slows down the game, limits the rebounding potential (a Laker advantage), and keeps the game closer. 

    Prediction:  Lakers 97  Celtics 94

    Boston Celtics +7  (2.2 to win 2)

     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 1:15 PM ET #18

    Good luck to everyone.  We will see how this new system works!!
    Reply
    Good luck to everyone.  We will see how this new system works!!
     
    HumbledGambler
    HumbledGambler
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 5277
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 1:40 PM ET #19

    Great stuff man. Good luck to you. I will be on Memphis
    Reply
    Great stuff man. Good luck to you. I will be on Memphis
     
    p-lane1
    p-lane1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 265
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 2:45 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by CMJohnson1:

    OVERALL RECORD:  160-153 (+4.25u)

    Record vs. Spread/ML:  79-80  (-1.45u)
    Record vs. O/U:  80-71  (+7.5u)
    Record vs. Parlay:  1-2  (-1.9u)
    ========================================================================

    Lost out on the Wizards last night...and didn't get a chance to get back from work in time to make my late plays, which of course looked pretty good.

    I'm going to experiment with a new system.  I've found that I spend so much time researching each game and giving my write-ups for each game...that it becomes difficult to trim it down to a normal number of plays.  I often find that I stray from my initial gut feelings and start to force plays. 

    On a side note, for a majority of the season I have picked every game and every total in the NBA Contest here on Covers....and have done very well.  I will try and convert that success into my every day plays.  Now obviously, going from betting 1-4 games a day to betting 10+ games per day I will have to seriously adjust my units being bet.  Doesn't make any sense still betting the same amount of money on a game and multiplying the plays big time.  1 unit for me throughout the season has been $100.  I'm not a big money gambler as I've said on many occasions...I do this for entertainment and small investment return purposes.  I will now lower my "unit" of betting to $10 and will be making a play on just about every play for the evening.  I will also be keeping a separate record in addition to my full unit betting record.

    I will give this until the end of the month...and see how we do. 



      been at this a long time, and playing even more games is NOT the answer. Try 1 game on the days u gamble, and take frequent days off. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by CMJohnson1:

    OVERALL RECORD:  160-153 (+4.25u)

    Record vs. Spread/ML:  79-80  (-1.45u)
    Record vs. O/U:  80-71  (+7.5u)
    Record vs. Parlay:  1-2  (-1.9u)
    ========================================================================

    Lost out on the Wizards last night...and didn't get a chance to get back from work in time to make my late plays, which of course looked pretty good.

    I'm going to experiment with a new system.  I've found that I spend so much time researching each game and giving my write-ups for each game...that it becomes difficult to trim it down to a normal number of plays.  I often find that I stray from my initial gut feelings and start to force plays. 

    On a side note, for a majority of the season I have picked every game and every total in the NBA Contest here on Covers....and have done very well.  I will try and convert that success into my every day plays.  Now obviously, going from betting 1-4 games a day to betting 10+ games per day I will have to seriously adjust my units being bet.  Doesn't make any sense still betting the same amount of money on a game and multiplying the plays big time.  1 unit for me throughout the season has been $100.  I'm not a big money gambler as I've said on many occasions...I do this for entertainment and small investment return purposes.  I will now lower my "unit" of betting to $10 and will be making a play on just about every play for the evening.  I will also be keeping a separate record in addition to my full unit betting record.

    I will give this until the end of the month...and see how we do. 



      been at this a long time, and playing even more games is NOT the answer. Try 1 game on the days u gamble, and take frequent days off. 
     
    Jedi-Yorda
    Jedi-Yorda
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 263
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 3:32 PM ET #21

    Good luck, CM!  Hope this method works better for you than it did for me.
    Reply
    Good luck, CM!  Hope this method works better for you than it did for me.
     
    CMJohnson1
    CMJohnson1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36739
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 3:48 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by p-lane1:

      been at this a long time, and playing even more games is NOT the answer. Try 1 game on the days u gamble, and take frequent days off. 


    Like I said...I agree with that, but I wanted to test this theory out.

    Hopefully it will be profitable.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by p-lane1:

      been at this a long time, and playing even more games is NOT the answer. Try 1 game on the days u gamble, and take frequent days off. 


    Like I said...I agree with that, but I wanted to test this theory out.

    Hopefully it will be profitable.
     
    GilZero
    GilZero
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 143
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 3:54 PM ET #23

    I just read that ATL starting lineup is : Teague,Deshawn,Smith,Pachulia,Horford...

    Man that is big lineup. I think they want to bang with Miami ( Indiana Pacers style)

    I was thinking that This ATL lineup can hold Miami to under 101 points. They already played twice this season.

    Your opinion?
    Reply
    I just read that ATL starting lineup is : Teague,Deshawn,Smith,Pachulia,Horford...

    Man that is big lineup. I think they want to bang with Miami ( Indiana Pacers style)

    I was thinking that This ATL lineup can hold Miami to under 101 points. They already played twice this season.

    Your opinion?
     
    GilZero
    GilZero
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 143
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 3:55 PM ET #24

    And ATL coach is talking how they prepared defensivly against miami, that they need to stop their transition... i really like this bet
    Reply
    And ATL coach is talking how they prepared defensivly against miami, that they need to stop their transition... i really like this bet
     
     
    docterd597
    docterd597
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 16760
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2013 - 4:18 PM ET #25

    Good job and good luck buddy, thanks for posting.
    Reply
    Good job and good luck buddy, thanks for posting.
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,462
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 504
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,131
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,714
    • Sunday 3,124
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,938
    • HELP PLEASE 1,474
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,594
    • NFL Sunday 7,458
    • PART DEUX 220

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.