• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Politics

    Shits getting real

    «First Previous 12
    Raiders22
    DoubleUp4Life
    spockgato
    BIGDTITLE
    DogbiteWilliams
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 579
    Posts: 46
    «First Previous 12
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34191
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2022 - 6:06 AM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    This is what happens when the (Trump) Republicans side with the enemy.    USA used to be unified on foreign policy...Trump and Trumpers ruined that...

    an_eek2  You cannot name that time.

    For example:

    "THE foreign policy of the Government of the United States should be a national policy, not a Democratic policy, nor a Republican policy. It should be one which will bring the greatest moral and material benefits to this country, and to the world in which we have a most important stake. Unfortunately, there is today a difference in the foreign policies of the Democratic and Republican Parties. This has been brought about partly by a difference in domestic policies, but chiefly by a partisan controversy which arose more than four years ago over the ratification..."

    This was written long ago and stands true today.  They may align when it is completely in our best interest as a country--at that time.  Or, when one of the parties convinces the other of something at the time.  Or when one party is in charge and can do something they want to at that time.

    The two parties are fundamentally too different.  Trump did not do this -- this has been and always will be the case.  You can only try to make the point that Trump exacerbated it.  But there, you will give a president too much credit/blame.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:

    This is what happens when the (Trump) Republicans side with the enemy.    USA used to be unified on foreign policy...Trump and Trumpers ruined that...

    an_eek2  You cannot name that time.

    For example:

    "THE foreign policy of the Government of the United States should be a national policy, not a Democratic policy, nor a Republican policy. It should be one which will bring the greatest moral and material benefits to this country, and to the world in which we have a most important stake. Unfortunately, there is today a difference in the foreign policies of the Democratic and Republican Parties. This has been brought about partly by a difference in domestic policies, but chiefly by a partisan controversy which arose more than four years ago over the ratification..."

    This was written long ago and stands true today.  They may align when it is completely in our best interest as a country--at that time.  Or, when one of the parties convinces the other of something at the time.  Or when one party is in charge and can do something they want to at that time.

    The two parties are fundamentally too different.  Trump did not do this -- this has been and always will be the case.  You can only try to make the point that Trump exacerbated it.  But there, you will give a president too much credit/blame.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34191
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2022 - 6:15 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox: Quote Originally Posted by thorpe: This is what happens when the (Trump) Republicans side with the enemy.    USA used to be unified on foreign policy...Trump and Trumpers ruined that... Ahhh the glory days when the Biden Democrats and the Bush Republicans held hands to invade Iraq because of WMD’s. That was an astute observation, so I did give you an upvote.  That is the most important reason why I refused to vote for Biden.

    I would be interested in who you did vote for then -- because all sorts of politicians backed that plan at the time.  I do not see how you can use that as 'the most important reason' why you refused to vote for Biden?  Was it his fault he believed the accepted intelligence at the time?

    I would also be interested in your less important reason(s) you did not vote for Biden.  Just curious.  peace_5

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams:

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox: Quote Originally Posted by thorpe: This is what happens when the (Trump) Republicans side with the enemy.    USA used to be unified on foreign policy...Trump and Trumpers ruined that... Ahhh the glory days when the Biden Democrats and the Bush Republicans held hands to invade Iraq because of WMD’s. That was an astute observation, so I did give you an upvote.  That is the most important reason why I refused to vote for Biden.

    I would be interested in who you did vote for then -- because all sorts of politicians backed that plan at the time.  I do not see how you can use that as 'the most important reason' why you refused to vote for Biden?  Was it his fault he believed the accepted intelligence at the time?

    I would also be interested in your less important reason(s) you did not vote for Biden.  Just curious.  peace_5

     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2022 - 6:45 AM ET #28

    @BIGDTITLE

     So again why would you lie about me having to a Twitter account with pictures of George Floyd??? 

    I have a Twitter but there is zero social issues or politics attached ...

     

    Why lie ?

     

    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply

    @BIGDTITLE

     So again why would you lie about me having to a Twitter account with pictures of George Floyd??? 

    I have a Twitter but there is zero social issues or politics attached ...

     

    Why lie ?

     

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2022 - 10:58 AM ET #29

    Some guys don’t answer questions , they make more ,

    to the deceptions , they pay reverence , I say penance and pray for ,

    their heads to spin , ripping ligament , a deadly display , horns ,

    in my centripetal force ,

    twisting they’re thinking till disfigurement , till it’s torn ,

    then I snip it like physicians did , trimming that ignorant viciously delinquent umbilical cord…..

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Some guys don’t answer questions , they make more ,

    to the deceptions , they pay reverence , I say penance and pray for ,

    their heads to spin , ripping ligament , a deadly display , horns ,

    in my centripetal force ,

    twisting they’re thinking till disfigurement , till it’s torn ,

    then I snip it like physicians did , trimming that ignorant viciously delinquent umbilical cord…..

     
    BIGDTITLE
    BIGDTITLE
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 26914
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2022 - 12:46 PM ET #30

    @DoubleUp4Life

     

    is there a post where you don't use terms like SAF, Rube, or cult ?     you regurgitate the same shit day in and day out.  I've had this same user name and no others for years.  yet, you call me an SAF because thats your go to "insult"    an_roll_laugh

    Reply

    @DoubleUp4Life

     

    is there a post where you don't use terms like SAF, Rube, or cult ?     you regurgitate the same shit day in and day out.  I've had this same user name and no others for years.  yet, you call me an SAF because thats your go to "insult"    an_roll_laugh

     
    BIGDTITLE
    BIGDTITLE
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 26914
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2022 - 12:47 PM ET #31

    "Trump will bomb liberal cities "        an_roll_laughan_roll_laughan_roll_laughan_roll_laughan_roll_laugh

    Reply

    "Trump will bomb liberal cities "        an_roll_laughan_roll_laughan_roll_laughan_roll_laughan_roll_laugh

     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2022 - 12:51 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDTITLE:

    @DoubleUp4Life   is there a post where you don't use terms like SAF, Rube, or cult ?     you regurgitate the same shit day in and day out.  I've had this same user name and no others for years.  yet, you call me an SAF because thats your go to "insult"

     

    Why are you lying about me ?? 

    What type of person says you should see Double Up's Twitter and then make up a bunch of lies ?? 

    Just curious are you just a pathological liar who believes his own lies ??

     

     

    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDTITLE:

    @DoubleUp4Life   is there a post where you don't use terms like SAF, Rube, or cult ?     you regurgitate the same shit day in and day out.  I've had this same user name and no others for years.  yet, you call me an SAF because thats your go to "insult"

     

    Why are you lying about me ?? 

    What type of person says you should see Double Up's Twitter and then make up a bunch of lies ?? 

    Just curious are you just a pathological liar who believes his own lies ??

     

     

     
    BIGDTITLE
    BIGDTITLE
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 26914
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2022 - 2:17 PM ET #33

    @DoubleUp4Life

     

    I guess someone "loved" you so much they decided to make a twitter account in your name         peace_5

     

    you've arrived         even bookieassassin follows you   peace_5

    Reply

    @DoubleUp4Life

     

    I guess someone "loved" you so much they decided to make a twitter account in your name         peace_5

     

    you've arrived         even bookieassassin follows you   peace_5

     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2022 - 3:06 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDTITLE:

    @DoubleUp4Life   I guess someone "loved" you so much they decided to make a twitter account in your name            you've arrived         even bookieassassin follows you

    There really is a double up 4 life Twitter account ???

    That's creepy actually ...I'll have to check it out 

    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDTITLE:

    @DoubleUp4Life   I guess someone "loved" you so much they decided to make a twitter account in your name            you've arrived         even bookieassassin follows you

    There really is a double up 4 life Twitter account ???

    That's creepy actually ...I'll have to check it out 

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6464
    Posted: May. 20, 2024 - 4:38 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox: Quote Originally Posted by thorpe: This is what happens when the (Trump) Republicans side with the enemy.    USA used to be unified on foreign policy...Trump and Trumpers ruined that... Ahhh the glory days when the Biden Democrats and the Bush Republicans held hands to invade Iraq because of WMD’s. That was an astute observation, so I did give you an upvote.  That is the most important reason why I refused to vote for Biden. I would be interested in who you did vote for then -- because all sorts of politicians backed that plan at the time.  I do not see how you can use that as 'the most important reason' why you refused to vote for Biden?  Was it his fault he believed the accepted intelligence at the time? I would also be interested in your less important reason(s) you did not vote for Biden.  Just curious.

    Sorry for the long delay in my response.

    In 1938 Hitler spoke of the alleged mistreatment of ethnic Germans in the Sudetenland as a bullshxt reason to justify the invasion of former Czechoslovakia.  Per Wikipedia:

    "During the German occupation, between 294,000 to 320,000 citizens were murdered (with person making up the majority of the casualties)."

    Hitler did commit suicide, but he deserved to executed for crimes against humanity.

    *******

    In 2003 George W. Bush repeatedly claimed that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction as a bullshxt reason to justify the invasion of Iraq.  Per Iraq Body Count:

    "Documented civilian deaths from violence:  187,192 – 210,662
    Total violent deaths including combatants:  300,000"

    Even if Iraq DID possess WMD's, that no more justified the Iraq Attack than America's actual possession of thousands of WMD's justified the 9/11 attack.  George W. Bush deserves to be executed for crimes against humanity, and HRC's and Biden's votes to support that attack displayed horrendous judgment that disqualifies them from the Presidency.

    The last Democrat I supported for President was Michael Dukakis, and if Kamala Harris is the nominee in 2028 she will NOT get my vote.  There are far too many accounts of her treating her subordinates like garbage and creating a hostile work environment.  IMNSHO that is unforgivable.

    I have no problem supporting a third-party candidate when and if the major party candidates are unacceptable.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders22:

    Quote Originally Posted by DogbiteWilliams: Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox: Quote Originally Posted by thorpe: This is what happens when the (Trump) Republicans side with the enemy.    USA used to be unified on foreign policy...Trump and Trumpers ruined that... Ahhh the glory days when the Biden Democrats and the Bush Republicans held hands to invade Iraq because of WMD’s. That was an astute observation, so I did give you an upvote.  That is the most important reason why I refused to vote for Biden. I would be interested in who you did vote for then -- because all sorts of politicians backed that plan at the time.  I do not see how you can use that as 'the most important reason' why you refused to vote for Biden?  Was it his fault he believed the accepted intelligence at the time? I would also be interested in your less important reason(s) you did not vote for Biden.  Just curious.

    Sorry for the long delay in my response.

    In 1938 Hitler spoke of the alleged mistreatment of ethnic Germans in the Sudetenland as a bullshxt reason to justify the invasion of former Czechoslovakia.  Per Wikipedia:

    "During the German occupation, between 294,000 to 320,000 citizens were murdered (with person making up the majority of the casualties)."

    Hitler did commit suicide, but he deserved to executed for crimes against humanity.

    *******

    In 2003 George W. Bush repeatedly claimed that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction as a bullshxt reason to justify the invasion of Iraq.  Per Iraq Body Count:

    "Documented civilian deaths from violence:  187,192 – 210,662
    Total violent deaths including combatants:  300,000"

    Even if Iraq DID possess WMD's, that no more justified the Iraq Attack than America's actual possession of thousands of WMD's justified the 9/11 attack.  George W. Bush deserves to be executed for crimes against humanity, and HRC's and Biden's votes to support that attack displayed horrendous judgment that disqualifies them from the Presidency.

    The last Democrat I supported for President was Michael Dukakis, and if Kamala Harris is the nominee in 2028 she will NOT get my vote.  There are far too many accounts of her treating her subordinates like garbage and creating a hostile work environment.  IMNSHO that is unforgivable.

    I have no problem supporting a third-party candidate when and if the major party candidates are unacceptable.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34191
    Posted: May. 21, 2024 - 12:34 AM ET #36

    @DogbiteWilliams

     No problem.  

    But I think that you are drawing a very tight comparison there.  Whether the intelligence was faulty or whether it was justified even without the WMD issue and only the 'removing Saddam' issue or even the supposed support of terrorism -- there are stark differences.

    There was never an intent to 'annex' Iraq like Hitler had insisted on with that region of Czechoslovakia.  The insistence that most in that area were ethnically Germans was his 'reasoning' -- you can say he agitated his own folks with the accusations but they were hardly needed by that time.  But he certainly wanted the area.  The USA did not want Iraq and they do not have ethnic ties to that area.

    On a side note.  I do not know if you have ever seen the picture of Chamberlain and Hitler together in Hitler's apartment after their meetings there.  But seeing the picture can make you wonder if there was any point Chamberlain suspected there was no way to 'threaten' Hitler with war at that point, if he decided to invade.  Because it was a tricky dynamic at that point.  Hilter knew the Allies did not want to go to war over this issue.

    But I also understand the USA's sentiment was a huge factor in Bush getting their 'approval' nationally before taking it to Congress.  The folks were still reeling from the 9/11 attacks and terrorism in general.  Even considering other instances where this sort of thing has been done -- and others attempted and failed -- you have to ask if the USA, as the 'world's policeman' is right to remove dictators.  Obviously, with perfect hindsight, the question of removing Hitler early can be easily answered.  But as awful as Saddam was, would it ever be justified in this case?  If so, what about the next level 'down' type of dictator in another country, and so on.

    But even so, certainly Saddam did not expect his bluff to be called like that.  Even after violating the UN resolution, did that justify it.  Certainly Saddam did a lot of blustering to make folks think it was worth it.

    For sure, the case can be made that comparing WMDs in the USA or in Iraq is very unequal for many reasons; but, on the other hand the case can be made from the other side that they feel the 'need' to be able to 'protect' themselves.

    Bush did it the right way -- he got his country's folks behind him, he got the other folks in the West behind him, he got the West's world leaders to support him.  Last, he got his Congress to support him.

    It is not like he made the intelligence up -- faulty or not.  The intelligence committee and other country's intelligence offices all looked at it and agreed with the assessment.  He presented a case with multiple legs; for sure, that was a main leg though.  Saddam also knew what was going on and had ample opportunities to 'adjust' and was even given chances to save face of sorts.

     

    Reply

    @DogbiteWilliams

     No problem.  

    But I think that you are drawing a very tight comparison there.  Whether the intelligence was faulty or whether it was justified even without the WMD issue and only the 'removing Saddam' issue or even the supposed support of terrorism -- there are stark differences.

    There was never an intent to 'annex' Iraq like Hitler had insisted on with that region of Czechoslovakia.  The insistence that most in that area were ethnically Germans was his 'reasoning' -- you can say he agitated his own folks with the accusations but they were hardly needed by that time.  But he certainly wanted the area.  The USA did not want Iraq and they do not have ethnic ties to that area.

    On a side note.  I do not know if you have ever seen the picture of Chamberlain and Hitler together in Hitler's apartment after their meetings there.  But seeing the picture can make you wonder if there was any point Chamberlain suspected there was no way to 'threaten' Hitler with war at that point, if he decided to invade.  Because it was a tricky dynamic at that point.  Hilter knew the Allies did not want to go to war over this issue.

    But I also understand the USA's sentiment was a huge factor in Bush getting their 'approval' nationally before taking it to Congress.  The folks were still reeling from the 9/11 attacks and terrorism in general.  Even considering other instances where this sort of thing has been done -- and others attempted and failed -- you have to ask if the USA, as the 'world's policeman' is right to remove dictators.  Obviously, with perfect hindsight, the question of removing Hitler early can be easily answered.  But as awful as Saddam was, would it ever be justified in this case?  If so, what about the next level 'down' type of dictator in another country, and so on.

    But even so, certainly Saddam did not expect his bluff to be called like that.  Even after violating the UN resolution, did that justify it.  Certainly Saddam did a lot of blustering to make folks think it was worth it.

    For sure, the case can be made that comparing WMDs in the USA or in Iraq is very unequal for many reasons; but, on the other hand the case can be made from the other side that they feel the 'need' to be able to 'protect' themselves.

    Bush did it the right way -- he got his country's folks behind him, he got the other folks in the West behind him, he got the West's world leaders to support him.  Last, he got his Congress to support him.

    It is not like he made the intelligence up -- faulty or not.  The intelligence committee and other country's intelligence offices all looked at it and agreed with the assessment.  He presented a case with multiple legs; for sure, that was a main leg though.  Saddam also knew what was going on and had ample opportunities to 'adjust' and was even given chances to save face of sorts.

     

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34191
    Posted: May. 21, 2024 - 12:36 AM ET #37

    @DogbiteWilliams

     

    But I fully understand your viewpoint because there were many protests and people that definitely did not want to go in.  But there are always people that will say no on war for any reason.  For example, the Congresswoman that voted against WWI AND WWII.

    So, I do not think you can hold that against Biden.  I get that a lot of folks are single issue-voters or that one issue is overwhelmingly a dealbreaker with them.

    But in order to find someone that did not vote for it, or at least support it at that time, would be very hard.  Especially, ones that would actually be running for President.

    But I get it if that is a complete dealbreaker for you.  I can respect sticking to your principles on voting.

    I understand when people say they can support a thirdparty candidate also.  But it is unrealistic. At least for now.  Then it seems every election is more important and are very close.  So, in a sense it can be considered an almost 'wasted' vote.  

    But I can make a very good case for a need for four or five viable parties.  

    I can also respect not voting for anyone at all if they do not align with what you think is best.  But I think a case can always be made for voting for the 'lesser of two evils'.

    Thank you for taking the time to answer.

    peace_5

    Also, I get why not to vote for Harris.  But would you consider Newsome if he were to run?

    If not, who would you like to see run that you might support?

    an_cheers

    Reply

    @DogbiteWilliams

     

    But I fully understand your viewpoint because there were many protests and people that definitely did not want to go in.  But there are always people that will say no on war for any reason.  For example, the Congresswoman that voted against WWI AND WWII.

    So, I do not think you can hold that against Biden.  I get that a lot of folks are single issue-voters or that one issue is overwhelmingly a dealbreaker with them.

    But in order to find someone that did not vote for it, or at least support it at that time, would be very hard.  Especially, ones that would actually be running for President.

    But I get it if that is a complete dealbreaker for you.  I can respect sticking to your principles on voting.

    I understand when people say they can support a thirdparty candidate also.  But it is unrealistic. At least for now.  Then it seems every election is more important and are very close.  So, in a sense it can be considered an almost 'wasted' vote.  

    But I can make a very good case for a need for four or five viable parties.  

    I can also respect not voting for anyone at all if they do not align with what you think is best.  But I think a case can always be made for voting for the 'lesser of two evils'.

    Thank you for taking the time to answer.

    peace_5

    Also, I get why not to vote for Harris.  But would you consider Newsome if he were to run?

    If not, who would you like to see run that you might support?

    an_cheers

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6464
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2024 - 1:42 AM ET #38

    @Raiders22

    I live in California; I am free to support a third-party presidential candidate without jeapordizing its electoral votes.

    It's not just because I am from Ohio, but Sherrod Brown would be my #1 choice.  He is a folksy liberal that I have never seen lose his temper.  He has plenty of support from blue collar voters in increasingly red Ohio; the latest poll I've seen puts him 5 points up vs. his Republican opponent, conservative businessman Bernie Moreno.

    Reply

    @Raiders22

    I live in California; I am free to support a third-party presidential candidate without jeapordizing its electoral votes.

    It's not just because I am from Ohio, but Sherrod Brown would be my #1 choice.  He is a folksy liberal that I have never seen lose his temper.  He has plenty of support from blue collar voters in increasingly red Ohio; the latest poll I've seen puts him 5 points up vs. his Republican opponent, conservative businessman Bernie Moreno.

     
    User854910
    User854910
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2018
    Posts: 4581
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2024 - 8:23 AM ET #39

    Post Deleted
    Don't let the book set the number
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2024 - 8:39 AM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by unplucked_gem:

    @searchwarrant I agree, but not months.  I think they'll wait to see the election results.  If it's Biden they can build for another 4 years.  If it's Trump I'd expect Russia to ramp up in Ukraine forcing our hand there while China makes their play on Taiwan between election / inauguration. Round about the same time some shit will kick off in the Middle East and Biden will pardon Hunter.

    Check the date on his post.  It's from 2022  an_light

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by unplucked_gem:

    @searchwarrant I agree, but not months.  I think they'll wait to see the election results.  If it's Biden they can build for another 4 years.  If it's Trump I'd expect Russia to ramp up in Ukraine forcing our hand there while China makes their play on Taiwan between election / inauguration. Round about the same time some shit will kick off in the Middle East and Biden will pardon Hunter.

    Check the date on his post.  It's from 2022  an_light

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34191
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2024 - 11:19 AM ET #41

    @DogbiteWilliams

     Yes sir.  He is in a dogfight over there.  He has a reasonable lead now.  I think it has increased a bit in the last few weeks.  But that is a very key race for control of the Senate.  He long has been known as running his campaigns on pertinent issues to his constituents and not as much the more national issues.  But local politics may start to be less of a concern to the folks there if the economy has not started to turn around a bit the closer to election time we get.

    He may be even-keeled and have a cool temperament.  I will take your word for that.  But he is far too Liberal for me to even consider.  But you might have a point on him being a good candidate for the Democrats.  He would not bring the 'baggage' or whatever that Newsome would bring, simply because he is not as well-known.  Maybe the only think I can recall I maybe could like is he was against the Patriot Act.  But his stances are very far-left leaning.

    But he has been able to maintain good support in a far less Liberal area than California.  I forget exactly why he decided not to run the last time.  

    But I wonder if he would be more likely to generate some 'Independent' support than Newsome would.  I had to look up how old he is --he is 71.  That is not too old now but might be in 4 years. 

    But since there does not seem to be any decent young candidates for either side that want to run, or would draw enough interest -- maybe he could be a decent choice.

    He could for sure get the Far-Left vote and if he is even-tempered, as you say, he could unite a lot of others.

    I wonder if Biden does get replaced if the Democrats might consider him.

    Very interesting name you bring up. peace_5

    But as far as third-party candidates.  Yes, for sure in CA it is comforting to know your vote will matter to you and not affect the outcome -- in a way.

    But I really think it would be so much better to have a solid 3-4-5 parties that are fairly viable.  I think the sentiment has ebbed and waned some over time.

    There were times in the past, like with Perot and then with the Tea Party.  Then lately with Trump and Sanders.  My contention is that a lot of folks are disenchanted with the same old politicians.  That is why from time to time the non-politicians get so much interest.

    But, even for the major parties -- where are the young Sherrod Browns.  an_cheers

    Reply

    @DogbiteWilliams

     Yes sir.  He is in a dogfight over there.  He has a reasonable lead now.  I think it has increased a bit in the last few weeks.  But that is a very key race for control of the Senate.  He long has been known as running his campaigns on pertinent issues to his constituents and not as much the more national issues.  But local politics may start to be less of a concern to the folks there if the economy has not started to turn around a bit the closer to election time we get.

    He may be even-keeled and have a cool temperament.  I will take your word for that.  But he is far too Liberal for me to even consider.  But you might have a point on him being a good candidate for the Democrats.  He would not bring the 'baggage' or whatever that Newsome would bring, simply because he is not as well-known.  Maybe the only think I can recall I maybe could like is he was against the Patriot Act.  But his stances are very far-left leaning.

    But he has been able to maintain good support in a far less Liberal area than California.  I forget exactly why he decided not to run the last time.  

    But I wonder if he would be more likely to generate some 'Independent' support than Newsome would.  I had to look up how old he is --he is 71.  That is not too old now but might be in 4 years. 

    But since there does not seem to be any decent young candidates for either side that want to run, or would draw enough interest -- maybe he could be a decent choice.

    He could for sure get the Far-Left vote and if he is even-tempered, as you say, he could unite a lot of others.

    I wonder if Biden does get replaced if the Democrats might consider him.

    Very interesting name you bring up. peace_5

    But as far as third-party candidates.  Yes, for sure in CA it is comforting to know your vote will matter to you and not affect the outcome -- in a way.

    But I really think it would be so much better to have a solid 3-4-5 parties that are fairly viable.  I think the sentiment has ebbed and waned some over time.

    There were times in the past, like with Perot and then with the Tea Party.  Then lately with Trump and Sanders.  My contention is that a lot of folks are disenchanted with the same old politicians.  That is why from time to time the non-politicians get so much interest.

    But, even for the major parties -- where are the young Sherrod Browns.  an_cheers

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6464
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2024 - 7:49 PM ET #42

    Raiders22, it's highly unlikely, but if comes down to a two-man race for the DEM nomination in 2028, as a betting man I'd have to give the edge to Newsom (no E).  Governors have a much better track record per this link (yes, it's from 2011 and therefore does not include Biden's Presidency, but the overall record is solid for govs):

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-governors-advantage-in-presidential-races-is-bigger-than-you-thought/

    I highly doubt that Sherrod Brown will seek the nomination in 2028.

    Reply

    Raiders22, it's highly unlikely, but if comes down to a two-man race for the DEM nomination in 2028, as a betting man I'd have to give the edge to Newsom (no E).  Governors have a much better track record per this link (yes, it's from 2011 and therefore does not include Biden's Presidency, but the overall record is solid for govs):

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-governors-advantage-in-presidential-races-is-bigger-than-you-thought/

    I highly doubt that Sherrod Brown will seek the nomination in 2028.

     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26633
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2024 - 7:56 PM ET #43

    You'll be sorry if you elect Newsoman_shake

     

     

    Don't say I didn't warn youpaint_help

     

     

    He has destroyed Californiaan_nailbiter

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    You'll be sorry if you elect Newsoman_shake

     

     

    Don't say I didn't warn youpaint_help

     

     

    He has destroyed Californiaan_nailbiter

     
    DogbiteWilliams
    DogbiteWilliams
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2015
    Posts: 6464
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2024 - 8:26 PM ET #44

    @ABooksNightmare

    Bullshxt!

    Here is proof that life is mostly better in blue states than red states:

    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/life_expectancy/life_expectancy.htm

    Generally blue states' residents have a significantly greater life expectancy than red states' residents, and the difference in not measured in mere weeks.  California is in the very top tier. 

    Reply

    @ABooksNightmare

    Bullshxt!

    Here is proof that life is mostly better in blue states than red states:

    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/life_expectancy/life_expectancy.htm

    Generally blue states' residents have a significantly greater life expectancy than red states' residents, and the difference in not measured in mere weeks.  California is in the very top tier. 

     
    ABooksNightmare
    ABooksNightmare
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 26633
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2024 - 9:03 PM ET #45

    I live in California and have seen what has happened with this clown in my State...so I speak from experience when I say this...I have so many California comments in the Political forum....Newsom is trash on so many levels...Pelosi 2.0...this guy will ruin us....see you in 2028 and in 2029 when I say I told you so...confused

     

    And a friggen life expectancy chartan_roll_laugh

    COVERS allows u to tell someone they are sexually frustrated so long as ur hands are clean
    Reply

    I live in California and have seen what has happened with this clown in my State...so I speak from experience when I say this...I have so many California comments in the Political forum....Newsom is trash on so many levels...Pelosi 2.0...this guy will ruin us....see you in 2028 and in 2029 when I say I told you so...confused

     

    And a friggen life expectancy chartan_roll_laugh

     
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34191
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2024 - 1:13 AM ET #46

    @DogbiteWilliams

     Yes absolutely.  I have said they should encourage Newsom (yes, autocorrect insists on 'fixing' it for me - Haha!) to run because I feel fairly certain he would win.

    But I would still think it would be more interesting if they would 'draft' someone that is not as well known.

    For sure, traditionally, Governors have done well mainly because they are seen as running a whole state, etc.

    But look at the last 3 -- a young Senator, a longterm blasé Senator, and a businessman.  Part of it is nowadays with the mass media and 24 hour news you can run a campaign for someone that is not as well known outside of their state, etc much more effectively.

    Plus a lot of Governors have run and failed too.

    But I say someone like Brown might be able to draw interest from some more independent people than Newsom would.  He is not going to draw any Right-leaning folks because people see him as very Left and divisive and CA is always perceived a certain way.  Maybe Ohio and Brown would be better.  Plus a lot of Presidents already have been from Ohio.

    I thought Kucinich was interesting.  I know a lot of folks I talked to at that time liked him.

     

    Reply

    @DogbiteWilliams

     Yes absolutely.  I have said they should encourage Newsom (yes, autocorrect insists on 'fixing' it for me - Haha!) to run because I feel fairly certain he would win.

    But I would still think it would be more interesting if they would 'draft' someone that is not as well known.

    For sure, traditionally, Governors have done well mainly because they are seen as running a whole state, etc.

    But look at the last 3 -- a young Senator, a longterm blasé Senator, and a businessman.  Part of it is nowadays with the mass media and 24 hour news you can run a campaign for someone that is not as well known outside of their state, etc much more effectively.

    Plus a lot of Governors have run and failed too.

    But I say someone like Brown might be able to draw interest from some more independent people than Newsom would.  He is not going to draw any Right-leaning folks because people see him as very Left and divisive and CA is always perceived a certain way.  Maybe Ohio and Brown would be better.  Plus a lot of Presidents already have been from Ohio.

    I thought Kucinich was interesting.  I know a lot of folks I talked to at that time liked him.

     

    All Forums | Politics
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,539
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,178
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,730
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,017
    • HELP PLEASE 1,607
    • Monday 09/28/2026 578
    • PART DEUX 230
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,145
    • Another BS PI 946
    • King of Covers Winner List 12,242

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.