The reality of the US/Ghana game
Australia had 10 players for 65 minutes and still should have beat Ghana. They are not a good side, and let's remember that the winner of the African Cup of Nations couldn't even qualify for the World Cup !!
I'm not a US homer, but I think they advance in this game.
Australia had 10 players for 65 minutes and still should have beat Ghana. They are not a good side, and let's remember that the winner of the African Cup of Nations couldn't even qualify for the World Cup !!
I'm not a US homer, but I think they advance in this game.
-No Essien
-playing versus 10 men in 2 games
-only scoring on PK's
NO WAY ![]()
USA all the Way here
This means nothing Ghana is also very used to playing without Essien.
-No Essien
-playing versus 10 men in 2 games
-only scoring on PK's
NO WAY ![]()
USA all the Way here
This means nothing Ghana is also very used to playing without Essien.
Australia had 10 players for 65 minutes and still should have beat Ghana. They are not a good side, and let's remember that the winner of the African Cup of Nations couldn't even qualify for the World Cup !!
I'm not a US homer, but I think they advance in this game.
Everyone in Africa knows Egypt is Africa's best team. They have won the last three African titles. In 2006, 2008, and 2010. It was fluke they didnt qualify for this World Cup.
Australia had 10 players for 65 minutes and still should have beat Ghana. They are not a good side, and let's remember that the winner of the African Cup of Nations couldn't even qualify for the World Cup !!
I'm not a US homer, but I think they advance in this game.
Everyone in Africa knows Egypt is Africa's best team. They have won the last three African titles. In 2006, 2008, and 2010. It was fluke they didnt qualify for this World Cup.
Ghana was in this spot last world cup as well. USA were not. Ghana lost 3-0 over Brazl in that game. I see them looking to get one step closer to the final this time around.
Worrying is it though that they've only scored goals on PKs, but Gyan have looked good at times.
Donovan is the only guy besides Dempsey that can really score for USA, and he'll have to step up again and save them. Too many chances of scoring wasted for USA. If they do that today then most likely bye bye.
I am leaning Ghana, but
Ghana was in this spot last world cup as well. USA were not. Ghana lost 3-0 over Brazl in that game. I see them looking to get one step closer to the final this time around.
Worrying is it though that they've only scored goals on PKs, but Gyan have looked good at times.
Donovan is the only guy besides Dempsey that can really score for USA, and he'll have to step up again and save them. Too many chances of scoring wasted for USA. If they do that today then most likely bye bye.
I am leaning Ghana, but
Hermes... you pointed out that "Ghana is the last remaining African team for good reason"... you are correct... the reason is because they played against 10 guys in two of their games... and lost the other one (in which Germany was without a key player)...
Outside of possibly Mexico, Ghana is the weakest team left here, and they were basically gift-wrapped their birth into this round... USA was not gift-wrapped anything...
Hermes... you pointed out that "Ghana is the last remaining African team for good reason"... you are correct... the reason is because they played against 10 guys in two of their games... and lost the other one (in which Germany was without a key player)...
Outside of possibly Mexico, Ghana is the weakest team left here, and they were basically gift-wrapped their birth into this round... USA was not gift-wrapped anything...
Do you think that Ghana is a better team than England is??? I'm sure the U.S. side is used to facing top competition by now and will be ready for this game.
Ghana clearly isnt as talented as England but you will see a much better effort than you saw from the English against the Americans. It was England's first true game after their players grueling club season and they clearly underrated the US. You will not see that from Ghana today. They will be ready!!
Do you think that Ghana is a better team than England is??? I'm sure the U.S. side is used to facing top competition by now and will be ready for this game.
Ghana clearly isnt as talented as England but you will see a much better effort than you saw from the English against the Americans. It was England's first true game after their players grueling club season and they clearly underrated the US. You will not see that from Ghana today. They will be ready!!
Hermes... you pointed out that "Ghana is the last remaining African team for good reason"... you are correct... the reason is because they played against 10 guys in two of their games... and lost the other one (in which Germany was without a key player)...
Outside of possibly Mexico, Ghana is the weakest team left here, and they were basically gift-wrapped their birth into this round... USA was not gift-wrapped anything...
Gift wrapped?? Please the competition was much weaker for the US. Ghana faced 3 top 20 teams.
Hermes... you pointed out that "Ghana is the last remaining African team for good reason"... you are correct... the reason is because they played against 10 guys in two of their games... and lost the other one (in which Germany was without a key player)...
Outside of possibly Mexico, Ghana is the weakest team left here, and they were basically gift-wrapped their birth into this round... USA was not gift-wrapped anything...
Gift wrapped?? Please the competition was much weaker for the US. Ghana faced 3 top 20 teams.
Gift wrapped?? Please the competition was much weaker for the US. Ghana faced 3 top 20 teams.
No team in the world is top 20 when playing with 10 men... and to not be able to score a goal without PKs against either of those teams is not remotely impressive...
Ghana was gift-wrapped this birth...
Gift wrapped?? Please the competition was much weaker for the US. Ghana faced 3 top 20 teams.
No team in the world is top 20 when playing with 10 men... and to not be able to score a goal without PKs against either of those teams is not remotely impressive...
Ghana was gift-wrapped this birth...
Dude Ghana wins games with good defense and excellent counter attacks which means against teams with 10 men that have to play defensive Ghana gets uncomfortable. Against a team like the US who plays attacking soccer because their defense is weak Ghana will succeed. They will catch the US on a couple counter attacks and after this game you will be nowhere to be found. Good Luck though Fields even though I may lose some change I will be happy if the US prevails, I truly doubt it though.
The question is, if the USA prevails, will you be around afterwards? I'd be impressed if you were after all the smack you put down in this thread.
Dude Ghana wins games with good defense and excellent counter attacks which means against teams with 10 men that have to play defensive Ghana gets uncomfortable. Against a team like the US who plays attacking soccer because their defense is weak Ghana will succeed. They will catch the US on a couple counter attacks and after this game you will be nowhere to be found. Good Luck though Fields even though I may lose some change I will be happy if the US prevails, I truly doubt it though.
The question is, if the USA prevails, will you be around afterwards? I'd be impressed if you were after all the smack you put down in this thread.
The question is, if the USA prevails, will you be around afterwards? I'd be impressed if you were after all the smack you put down in this thread.
You better believe it!!! I accept when I'm wrong but I doubt I will be here.
The question is, if the USA prevails, will you be around afterwards? I'd be impressed if you were after all the smack you put down in this thread.
You better believe it!!! I accept when I'm wrong but I doubt I will be here.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
