• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Website Promotions

    Destroy the Books! *The Final Chapter*

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    dj_destroyer
    scotth69
    Ryanp26
    Tallcash21
    timdogs17
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 14422
    Posts: 99
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 1, 2011 - 12:41 PM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:

    Record: 8-10-1
    Bankroll: $9639.24
    Net: -$360.76
    Pirates/Rockies O9 [-106] 2% -192.78 to win 181.87 
    Nationals [+125] 1% -96.39 to win 120.49 

    Predators/Canucks O5 [-102] 2% -192.78 to win 189.00  

    Mainz [+104] 2% -192.78 to win 200.49 
    Everton [+152] 2% -192.78 to win 293.03 
    Freiburg +0.5 [+131] 1% -96.39 to win 126.27 
    Bolton +0.5 [-109] 1% -96.39 to win 88.43 
    Hannover [-136] 1% -96.39 to win 70.88 

    Record: 10-16-1
    Bankroll: $9098.49
    Wagered: $3585.16
    Returned: $2683.65
    Net: -$901.51
    ROI: -25.15%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _
    Nationals [+111] 2% -181.97 to win 201.99
    Twins [+107] 1% -90.98 to win 97.35

    Villarreal/Getafe FH O1 [-121] 4% -363.94 to win 300.78
    Villarreal [-124] 3% -272.95 to win 220.12
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:

    Record: 8-10-1
    Bankroll: $9639.24
    Net: -$360.76
    Pirates/Rockies O9 [-106] 2% -192.78 to win 181.87 
    Nationals [+125] 1% -96.39 to win 120.49 

    Predators/Canucks O5 [-102] 2% -192.78 to win 189.00  

    Mainz [+104] 2% -192.78 to win 200.49 
    Everton [+152] 2% -192.78 to win 293.03 
    Freiburg +0.5 [+131] 1% -96.39 to win 126.27 
    Bolton +0.5 [-109] 1% -96.39 to win 88.43 
    Hannover [-136] 1% -96.39 to win 70.88 

    Record: 10-16-1
    Bankroll: $9098.49
    Wagered: $3585.16
    Returned: $2683.65
    Net: -$901.51
    ROI: -25.15%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _
    Nationals [+111] 2% -181.97 to win 201.99
    Twins [+107] 1% -90.98 to win 97.35

    Villarreal/Getafe FH O1 [-121] 4% -363.94 to win 300.78
    Villarreal [-124] 3% -272.95 to win 220.12
     
    scotth69
    scotth69
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 114
    Posted: May. 1, 2011 - 1:07 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by paul_scholes:

    This thread needs goombas with no avatars frothing meaningless platitudes and asking if there's plays today (as if DJD wasn't going to post them until your dumb ass asked) about as much as it needs me typing this shit.

    Let the man do work.

    go fuck yourself you piece of shit - look around and see how many people on covers think you are a total moron

     

    Sorry DJ - Good Luck today.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by paul_scholes:

    This thread needs goombas with no avatars frothing meaningless platitudes and asking if there's plays today (as if DJD wasn't going to post them until your dumb ass asked) about as much as it needs me typing this shit.

    Let the man do work.

    go fuck yourself you piece of shit - look around and see how many people on covers think you are a total moron

     

    Sorry DJ - Good Luck today.

     
    Ryanp26
    Ryanp26
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 84
    Posted: May. 1, 2011 - 1:13 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:

    A lot of you won't be able to do it... and I don't mean that in a mean or condescending way but the hardest part of gambling is learning to grind. There will be downswings that will last way longer than you can imagine... There will be nights when you wonder if I'm half-retarded... And truth be told, we may go broke before we reach the goal... but I'm FINE with that because my bankroll is an allotted amount that I'm ready to lose in hopes of reaching my goal.

    With that being said, I'm still going to carefully manage the bankroll... Still going to plug away, and hammer my edges as I find them... And hopefully with a little bit of luck and a lot of patience, we'll be at 100k in a couple years. So until we reach the goal or go broke, expect everything in between.

    DJ, my apologies for the clog. This iscompletely related to your bets and you potential to sell them down the road- oh wait- Scholes is an ass (really, buddy, lol, you judge people and thier know-how based on an avatar.... lol), and its hard to resist : ) SORRY

    Anyway, I quoted you on this to RESPECTFULLY call you out on it. I really am impressed with what you do. And I would follow you.... but I do understand the grind, and you are not compatible to it. I, too, don't mean to sound condescending, but people SHOULDN'T be trying to follow you, and you SHOULDN'T be trying to sell picks (down the road) until you get more consistent with you data releases.

    I can't grind with you because I can't wait for your picks and I can't get the same prices 20 min before the game that you are listing.

    I am not bitching, I hope you understand that. I am just pointing out probably the #1 problem with people who sell picks... for baseball and anything european, especially. You can't track someone on a long-term grind unless you can get the same numbers.

    You provide a free service, and its great. But the reason why I see many people on here (covers) as fakers is they expect people to bet with them, much like you referred to in the quote.

    I respect your picks because you release them before the game and you are proven. That in itself is enough.

    But if you sell the picks and follow integrity, I believe you need to have an immediate release time on the odds you are getting, and site/location information as to where you are getting them.

    I am a person who believes you should sell your information. I also believe you should do it right. You are the only one who should currently be profiting off of your bets.

    We should just watch in admiration. If I saw that you released every day, same time, consistently, or atleast all current available, I would probably run a thread at 50% less and be your biggest fan... and eventually a humble paying customer if you took me where I wanted.

    I hope you don't think of me as disrespectful right now because I call out douchebags. I respect you- so much so that I think I just said a bunch of shit you already know. I was actually surprised to read that you expected people to be able to follow you.

    Later,

    Ryan

    ps- scholes- nice avatar. lol.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:

    A lot of you won't be able to do it... and I don't mean that in a mean or condescending way but the hardest part of gambling is learning to grind. There will be downswings that will last way longer than you can imagine... There will be nights when you wonder if I'm half-retarded... And truth be told, we may go broke before we reach the goal... but I'm FINE with that because my bankroll is an allotted amount that I'm ready to lose in hopes of reaching my goal.

    With that being said, I'm still going to carefully manage the bankroll... Still going to plug away, and hammer my edges as I find them... And hopefully with a little bit of luck and a lot of patience, we'll be at 100k in a couple years. So until we reach the goal or go broke, expect everything in between.

    DJ, my apologies for the clog. This iscompletely related to your bets and you potential to sell them down the road- oh wait- Scholes is an ass (really, buddy, lol, you judge people and thier know-how based on an avatar.... lol), and its hard to resist : ) SORRY

    Anyway, I quoted you on this to RESPECTFULLY call you out on it. I really am impressed with what you do. And I would follow you.... but I do understand the grind, and you are not compatible to it. I, too, don't mean to sound condescending, but people SHOULDN'T be trying to follow you, and you SHOULDN'T be trying to sell picks (down the road) until you get more consistent with you data releases.

    I can't grind with you because I can't wait for your picks and I can't get the same prices 20 min before the game that you are listing.

    I am not bitching, I hope you understand that. I am just pointing out probably the #1 problem with people who sell picks... for baseball and anything european, especially. You can't track someone on a long-term grind unless you can get the same numbers.

    You provide a free service, and its great. But the reason why I see many people on here (covers) as fakers is they expect people to bet with them, much like you referred to in the quote.

    I respect your picks because you release them before the game and you are proven. That in itself is enough.

    But if you sell the picks and follow integrity, I believe you need to have an immediate release time on the odds you are getting, and site/location information as to where you are getting them.

    I am a person who believes you should sell your information. I also believe you should do it right. You are the only one who should currently be profiting off of your bets.

    We should just watch in admiration. If I saw that you released every day, same time, consistently, or atleast all current available, I would probably run a thread at 50% less and be your biggest fan... and eventually a humble paying customer if you took me where I wanted.

    I hope you don't think of me as disrespectful right now because I call out douchebags. I respect you- so much so that I think I just said a bunch of shit you already know. I was actually surprised to read that you expected people to be able to follow you.

    Later,

    Ryan

    ps- scholes- nice avatar. lol.

     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 1, 2011 - 2:09 PM ET #54

    Hi Ryan,

    Thanks for your considerations and concerns. You mentioned a few different things but I think I see your main points. 

    The first is the question of tailing and although you personally may find it too difficult or hard, many people find a way. I get private messages quite often with people telling me they've started tailing or congratulating me after a nice heater. I don't expect any of these people to follow me, it just happens. These tailers are not my main priority here; tracking my plays and record is... and as long as I get the plays in before their start times then that is all that matters for me and my goals. If I were charging for picks, "all that matters for me" would be the satisfaction of my customers and therefore would be very different which brings us to your second point.

    The second point you made is about more consistent releases. Like I've said, I try to make the plays the night before but it's not always possible as I obviously have a life outside of this thread. However, if I were to charge for my plays, then I would have to treat this like a job and thus uphold my commitments no matter what. So until I start charging for picks, there will be NO consistent times for my plays. I'll try my best but really there's no motivation for me to do so.

    Thirdly, all my plays are posted with the price that was available at Pinnacle when I made the bet and I make my bets only minutes before I post them here so there's no reason why you can't get a very similar price. The markets don't change THAT fast so you should be able to get the same price within a couple of cents. If you're American and can't use Pinnacle then you have to find a solution that is suitable for your needs. I suggest Betfair, Matchbook, The Greek, BookMaker, and/or 5Dimes. You may have to do a bit more work to shop your lines but that's all part of the grind. For those of you living in Vegas, betting at a brick and mortar sportsbook and therefore having to travel to make the plays, I don't have much for you. It will be hard for you guys to check the computer all day and then travel to the strip... but if I charged for picks, I'd have a set release time and you guys could just head to the strip at that time and check your phones for the release, betting it within minutes.

    Reply
    Hi Ryan,

    Thanks for your considerations and concerns. You mentioned a few different things but I think I see your main points. 

    The first is the question of tailing and although you personally may find it too difficult or hard, many people find a way. I get private messages quite often with people telling me they've started tailing or congratulating me after a nice heater. I don't expect any of these people to follow me, it just happens. These tailers are not my main priority here; tracking my plays and record is... and as long as I get the plays in before their start times then that is all that matters for me and my goals. If I were charging for picks, "all that matters for me" would be the satisfaction of my customers and therefore would be very different which brings us to your second point.

    The second point you made is about more consistent releases. Like I've said, I try to make the plays the night before but it's not always possible as I obviously have a life outside of this thread. However, if I were to charge for my plays, then I would have to treat this like a job and thus uphold my commitments no matter what. So until I start charging for picks, there will be NO consistent times for my plays. I'll try my best but really there's no motivation for me to do so.

    Thirdly, all my plays are posted with the price that was available at Pinnacle when I made the bet and I make my bets only minutes before I post them here so there's no reason why you can't get a very similar price. The markets don't change THAT fast so you should be able to get the same price within a couple of cents. If you're American and can't use Pinnacle then you have to find a solution that is suitable for your needs. I suggest Betfair, Matchbook, The Greek, BookMaker, and/or 5Dimes. You may have to do a bit more work to shop your lines but that's all part of the grind. For those of you living in Vegas, betting at a brick and mortar sportsbook and therefore having to travel to make the plays, I don't have much for you. It will be hard for you guys to check the computer all day and then travel to the strip... but if I charged for picks, I'd have a set release time and you guys could just head to the strip at that time and check your phones for the release, betting it within minutes.

     
    Tallcash21
    Tallcash21
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 3
    Posted: May. 1, 2011 - 2:54 PM ET #55

    I live 1 min and 30 seconds walking distance from my book so dont worry about that for me dj lol

    Reply
    I live 1 min and 30 seconds walking distance from my book so dont worry about that for me dj lol

     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 1, 2011 - 6:16 PM ET #56

    Plays up between 7pm and 8pm.
    Reply
    Plays up between 7pm and 8pm.
     
    timdogs17
    timdogs17
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 15453
    Posted: May. 1, 2011 - 9:14 PM ET #57

    dude, you will never do this!       
    Reply
    dude, you will never do this!       
     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 1, 2011 - 10:55 PM ET #58

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:


    Record: 10-16-1
    Bankroll: $9098.49
    Wagered: $3585.16
    Returned: $2683.65
    Net: -$901.51
    ROI: -25.15%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _
    Nationals [+111] 2% -181.97 to win 201.99  
    Twins [+107] 1% -90.98 to win 97.35 

    Villarreal/Getafe FH O1 [-121] 4% -363.94 to win 300.78 PUSH
    Villarreal [-124] 3% -272.95 to win 220.12 

    Record: 12-17-2
    Bankroll: $9429.62
    Wagered: $4495.00
    Returned: $3924.62
    Net: -$570.38
    ROI: -12.69%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Athletics [-115] 2% -188.59 to win 163.99
    Angels/Red Sox O8 [-104] 1% -94.30 to win 90.67
    Pirates [+141] 1% -94.30 to win 132.96
    Marlins [+158] 1% -94.30 to win 148.99

    Augsburg 'pk' [-120] 1% -94.30 to win 78.58
    St. Mirren [+104] 1% 
    -94.30 to win 98.07
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:


    Record: 10-16-1
    Bankroll: $9098.49
    Wagered: $3585.16
    Returned: $2683.65
    Net: -$901.51
    ROI: -25.15%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _
    Nationals [+111] 2% -181.97 to win 201.99  
    Twins [+107] 1% -90.98 to win 97.35 

    Villarreal/Getafe FH O1 [-121] 4% -363.94 to win 300.78 PUSH
    Villarreal [-124] 3% -272.95 to win 220.12 

    Record: 12-17-2
    Bankroll: $9429.62
    Wagered: $4495.00
    Returned: $3924.62
    Net: -$570.38
    ROI: -12.69%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Athletics [-115] 2% -188.59 to win 163.99
    Angels/Red Sox O8 [-104] 1% -94.30 to win 90.67
    Pirates [+141] 1% -94.30 to win 132.96
    Marlins [+158] 1% -94.30 to win 148.99

    Augsburg 'pk' [-120] 1% -94.30 to win 78.58
    St. Mirren [+104] 1% 
    -94.30 to win 98.07
     
    Paddington
    Paddington
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 525
    Posted: May. 2, 2011 - 12:10 AM ET #59

    Hey DJD, have you done any analysis that shows whether you have historically done better on your higher-graded bets that your lower ones?  Would be v interested....
    Reply
    Hey DJD, have you done any analysis that shows whether you have historically done better on your higher-graded bets that your lower ones?  Would be v interested....
     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 2, 2011 - 12:20 AM ET #60

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington:

    Hey DJD, have you done any analysis that shows whether you have historically done better on your higher-graded bets that your lower ones?  Would be v interested....


    No, but I offered anyone $50 to do it for me.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington:

    Hey DJD, have you done any analysis that shows whether you have historically done better on your higher-graded bets that your lower ones?  Would be v interested....


    No, but I offered anyone $50 to do it for me.
     
    bwcareer
    bwcareer
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 882
    Posted: May. 2, 2011 - 2:15 AM ET #61

    I only did the thread where you doubled 5000 into 10,000 (as thats when you started doing the percentages with each play) and this is what I got.

    .5%  0-4

    .75%  0-1

    1%  67-65

    1.5% 1-0

    2%  105-126

    3%  96-85

    4% 29-38

    5% 13-6

    6%  18-6

    8%  4-2

    10%  0-1

    15%  1-0

    I did not count any of the pushes in these numbers. Now there should be a total of 679 games (as he finished the thread 339-340) but some how I only ended up with 668....
    so I must have missed a post or something but its only 11 plays that are not there. But the total of the above is 334-334 so it gives you a great look at how he did with the higher and lower rated plays.

    Hope this helped a bit.


    Reply
    I only did the thread where you doubled 5000 into 10,000 (as thats when you started doing the percentages with each play) and this is what I got.

    .5%  0-4

    .75%  0-1

    1%  67-65

    1.5% 1-0

    2%  105-126

    3%  96-85

    4% 29-38

    5% 13-6

    6%  18-6

    8%  4-2

    10%  0-1

    15%  1-0

    I did not count any of the pushes in these numbers. Now there should be a total of 679 games (as he finished the thread 339-340) but some how I only ended up with 668....
    so I must have missed a post or something but its only 11 plays that are not there. But the total of the above is 334-334 so it gives you a great look at how he did with the higher and lower rated plays.

    Hope this helped a bit.


     
    tonecin
    tonecin
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 86
    Posted: May. 2, 2011 - 6:51 PM ET #62

    BOL

    Reply

    BOL

     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 3, 2011 - 12:33 AM ET #63

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:

     
    Just the way I look at it which works well with Kelly, although I don't strictly adhere to Kelly. I will do so in my next thread... if I ever get there. 
     


    I'm thinking of using strict Kelly soon... 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:

     
    Just the way I look at it which works well with Kelly, although I don't strictly adhere to Kelly. I will do so in my next thread... if I ever get there. 
     


    I'm thinking of using strict Kelly soon... 
     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 3, 2011 - 2:26 AM ET #64

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:


    Record: 12-17-2
    Bankroll: $9429.62
    Wagered: $4495.00
    Returned: $3924.62
    Net: -$570.38
    ROI: -12.69%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Athletics [-115] 2% -188.59 to win 163.99 
    Angels/Red Sox O8 [-104] 1% -94.30 to win 90.67 
    Pirates [+141] 1% -94.30 to win 132.96 
    Marlins [+158] 1% -94.30 to win 148.99 

    Augsburg 'pk' [-120] 1% -94.30 to win 78.58 PUSH
    St. Mirren [+104] 1% 
    -94.30 to win 98.07 


    Record: 16-18-3
    Bankroll: $9872.93
    Wagered: $5155.09
    Returned: $5028.02
    Net: -$127.07
    ROI: -2.46%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Indians [+109] 3% -296.19 to win 322.85
    Pirates [+143] 3% -296.19 to win 423.55
    Orioles [+112] 2% -197.46 to win 221.16
    Jays/Rays O9 [+109] 1% -98.73 to win 107.62
    Twins [+119] 1% -98.73 to win 117.49
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:


    Record: 12-17-2
    Bankroll: $9429.62
    Wagered: $4495.00
    Returned: $3924.62
    Net: -$570.38
    ROI: -12.69%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Athletics [-115] 2% -188.59 to win 163.99 
    Angels/Red Sox O8 [-104] 1% -94.30 to win 90.67 
    Pirates [+141] 1% -94.30 to win 132.96 
    Marlins [+158] 1% -94.30 to win 148.99 

    Augsburg 'pk' [-120] 1% -94.30 to win 78.58 PUSH
    St. Mirren [+104] 1% 
    -94.30 to win 98.07 


    Record: 16-18-3
    Bankroll: $9872.93
    Wagered: $5155.09
    Returned: $5028.02
    Net: -$127.07
    ROI: -2.46%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Indians [+109] 3% -296.19 to win 322.85
    Pirates [+143] 3% -296.19 to win 423.55
    Orioles [+112] 2% -197.46 to win 221.16
    Jays/Rays O9 [+109] 1% -98.73 to win 107.62
    Twins [+119] 1% -98.73 to win 117.49
     
    Tallcash21
    Tallcash21
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 3
    Posted: May. 3, 2011 - 6:48 AM ET #65

    Nice baseball day man wish I woulda seen the picks, bad timing.  Gonna have some soccer lines up this week so Ill be on the look out for those as well.  Good luck man with ya on Indos and Bucos tom  like the sox tho. 
    Reply
    Nice baseball day man wish I woulda seen the picks, bad timing.  Gonna have some soccer lines up this week so Ill be on the look out for those as well.  Good luck man with ya on Indos and Bucos tom  like the sox tho. 
     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 4, 2011 - 3:13 PM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:



    Record: 16-18-3
    Bankroll: $9872.93
    Wagered: $5155.09
    Returned: $5028.02
    Net: -$127.07
    ROI: -2.46%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Indians [+109] 3% -296.19 to win 322.85 
    Pirates [+143] 3% -296.19 to win 423.55 
    Orioles [+112] 2% -197.46 to win 221.16 
    Jays/Rays O9 [+109] 1% -98.73 to win 107.62 
    Twins [+119] 1% -98.73 to win 117.49 

    Record: 18-21-3
    Bankroll: $9720.89
    Wagered: $6142.39
    Returned: $5863.28
    Net: -$279.11
    ROI: -4.54%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Mets [+128] 1% -97.21 to win 124.43
    Orioles [-109] 1% -97.21 to win 89.18
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:



    Record: 16-18-3
    Bankroll: $9872.93
    Wagered: $5155.09
    Returned: $5028.02
    Net: -$127.07
    ROI: -2.46%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Indians [+109] 3% -296.19 to win 322.85 
    Pirates [+143] 3% -296.19 to win 423.55 
    Orioles [+112] 2% -197.46 to win 221.16 
    Jays/Rays O9 [+109] 1% -98.73 to win 107.62 
    Twins [+119] 1% -98.73 to win 117.49 

    Record: 18-21-3
    Bankroll: $9720.89
    Wagered: $6142.39
    Returned: $5863.28
    Net: -$279.11
    ROI: -4.54%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Mets [+128] 1% -97.21 to win 124.43
    Orioles [-109] 1% -97.21 to win 89.18
     
    paul_scholes
    paul_scholes
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 1003
    Posted: May. 4, 2011 - 4:09 PM ET #67

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallcash21:

    Nice baseball day man wish I woulda seen the picks, bad timing.  Gonna have some soccer lines up this week so Ill be on the look out for those as well.  Good luck man with ya on Indos and Bucos tom  like the sox tho. 



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallcash21:

    Nice baseball day man wish I woulda seen the picks, bad timing.  Gonna have some soccer lines up this week so Ill be on the look out for those as well.  Good luck man with ya on Indos and Bucos tom  like the sox tho. 



     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 5, 2011 - 12:53 AM ET #68

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:


    Record: 18-21-3
    Bankroll: $9720.89
    Wagered: $6142.39
    Returned: $5863.28
    Net: -$279.11
    ROI: -4.54%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Mets [+128] 1% -97.21 to win 124.43 
    Orioles [-109] 1% -97.21 to win 89.18 


    Record: 19-22-3
    Bankroll: $9712.86
    Wagered: $6336.81
    Returned: $6049.67
    Net: -$287.14
    ROI: -4.53%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Brewers [+115] 2% -194.26 to win 223.40
    Indians [+171] 1% -97.13 to win 166.09
    Tigers [+101] 1% -97.13 to win 98.10

    Canucks [-121] 1% -97.13 to win 80.27

    Braga 'pk' [+104] 2% -194.26 to win 202.03
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:


    Record: 18-21-3
    Bankroll: $9720.89
    Wagered: $6142.39
    Returned: $5863.28
    Net: -$279.11
    ROI: -4.54%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Mets [+128] 1% -97.21 to win 124.43 
    Orioles [-109] 1% -97.21 to win 89.18 


    Record: 19-22-3
    Bankroll: $9712.86
    Wagered: $6336.81
    Returned: $6049.67
    Net: -$287.14
    ROI: -4.53%
    _____________________________ ______ _____ ____ ___ __ _ _

    Brewers [+115] 2% -194.26 to win 223.40
    Indians [+171] 1% -97.13 to win 166.09
    Tigers [+101] 1% -97.13 to win 98.10

    Canucks [-121] 1% -97.13 to win 80.27

    Braga 'pk' [+104] 2% -194.26 to win 202.03
     
    allbees
    allbees
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2004
    Posts: 17670
    Posted: May. 5, 2011 - 11:01 AM ET #69

    Missed this thread from before, but when you start talking selling picks, web promos is the only place it can/will be allowed.  This is a warning any more posts in any other forum other than web promos and your account will not survive.
    Covers Linesmen
    Reply
    Missed this thread from before, but when you start talking selling picks, web promos is the only place it can/will be allowed.  This is a warning any more posts in any other forum other than web promos and your account will not survive.
     
    BBH
    BBH
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 5
    Posted: May. 5, 2011 - 11:21 AM ET #70

    bump
    Reply
    bump
     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 5, 2011 - 11:39 AM ET #71

    Quote Originally Posted by allbees:

    Missed this thread from before, but when you start talking selling picks, web promos is the only place it can/will be allowed.  This is a warning any more posts in any other forum other than web promos and your account will not survive.


    I've been here for two years, posting winners for one, and I'll be keeping them free for years to come. So I've never once talked about selling my picks. Going tout? Yes. I will go tout if I reach 100k, at which point I'll be gone from Covers forever. Don't over extend the use of your moderating powers.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by allbees:

    Missed this thread from before, but when you start talking selling picks, web promos is the only place it can/will be allowed.  This is a warning any more posts in any other forum other than web promos and your account will not survive.


    I've been here for two years, posting winners for one, and I'll be keeping them free for years to come. So I've never once talked about selling my picks. Going tout? Yes. I will go tout if I reach 100k, at which point I'll be gone from Covers forever. Don't over extend the use of your moderating powers.
     
    dj_destroyer
    dj_destroyer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3144
    Posted: May. 5, 2011 - 2:19 PM ET #72

    Well this is a bit retarded considering I'M NOT PROMOTING A WEBSITE. If this doesn't get moved back to the S&S forum, I'm moving to SBR.
    Reply
    Well this is a bit retarded considering I'M NOT PROMOTING A WEBSITE. If this doesn't get moved back to the S&S forum, I'm moving to SBR.
     
    strosfinsfan14
    strosfinsfan14
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 9
    Posted: May. 5, 2011 - 2:38 PM ET #73

    Sorry dj, not really hip to all the lingo. what is S&S. and if and when you move what and more importantly WHERE is SBR found.

    Thanks

    Also allbees, why don't you just go away. You obviously have way to much time on your hands. Why don't you go volunteer to coach a little league team or go climb a rock or go tip a cow or something. Who knows what the heck you hicks do in South Dakota. Just go away and leave the adults alone.
    Reply
    Sorry dj, not really hip to all the lingo. what is S&S. and if and when you move what and more importantly WHERE is SBR found.

    Thanks

    Also allbees, why don't you just go away. You obviously have way to much time on your hands. Why don't you go volunteer to coach a little league team or go climb a rock or go tip a cow or something. Who knows what the heck you hicks do in South Dakota. Just go away and leave the adults alone.
     
    URISS2302
    URISS2302
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 13715
    Posted: May. 5, 2011 - 3:33 PM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:



    I've been here for two years, posting winners for one, and I'll be keeping them free for years to come. So I've never once talked about selling my picks. Going tout? Yes. I will go tout if I reach 100k, at which point I'll be gone from Covers forever. Don't over extend the use of your moderating powers.

    please commit suicide 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:



    I've been here for two years, posting winners for one, and I'll be keeping them free for years to come. So I've never once talked about selling my picks. Going tout? Yes. I will go tout if I reach 100k, at which point I'll be gone from Covers forever. Don't over extend the use of your moderating powers.

    please commit suicide 
     
     
    Gbobgunn
    Gbobgunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 4635
    Posted: May. 5, 2011 - 3:35 PM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:

    Well this is a bit retarded considering I'M NOT PROMOTING A WEBSITE. If this doesn't get moved back to the S&S forum, I'm moving to SBR.

    Please Don't go DJ!   
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer:

    Well this is a bit retarded considering I'M NOT PROMOTING A WEBSITE. If this doesn't get moved back to the S&S forum, I'm moving to SBR.

    Please Don't go DJ!   
    All Forums | Website Promotions
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,484
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,141
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,721
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 504
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,955
    • HELP PLEASE 1,572
    • Sunday 3,126
    • PART DEUX 221
    • Mike Trout Strikeouts 7,130
    • King of Covers Winner List 12,241

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.