• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Boxing

    Plays for the Week

    «First Previous 12
    Fullbrights
    walktheline
    FadeMeSucka
    Zumbize
    HakAttack1
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 885
    Posts: 33
    «First Previous 12
     
    Fullbrights
    Fullbrights
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 4377
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2008 - 1:25 AM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeMeSucka:

    Nice call on Calzaghe---congrats on your parlays! 
     
    It was an entertaining fight with a lot of heart shown by both fighters.  Two boxers with spectacular careers that we'll remember for probably the rest of our lives----thanks Roy and Joe!
     
     


    Appreciate it man, this weekend was huge in my quest to get back in the positive before the end of the year.  I don't want to have to swallow a losing year for the first time.

    Yeah, it was a good career for Roy no doubt about it.  His skills and reflexes in his prime were ridiculous, but after those diminished so did he.  His natural talent is what I will remember most about his career.  On the same token you have to remember that he had a stretch of a few years where he fought complete bums for HBO guaranteed money off of his name and how the tail end of his career came to a close with the brutal KO losses to Tarver/Johnson and his wide decision losses to Tarver and Calzaghe.  He didn't have the staying power because of what he depended on to rise to the top unlike a Hopkins who is just a master craftsman of core boxing skills.

    I will be very surprised if that's the last we see of Calzaghe though.  He would be crazy to hang it up in my opinion, the opponents may not be there, but his name has more star power then ever after staying in the UK for a so many years against over matched opponents.  It may not be a big name fight, but if the fans like Kellerman want him to face Dawson it may happen and I really think he wins that fight.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeMeSucka:

    Nice call on Calzaghe---congrats on your parlays! 
     
    It was an entertaining fight with a lot of heart shown by both fighters.  Two boxers with spectacular careers that we'll remember for probably the rest of our lives----thanks Roy and Joe!
     
     


    Appreciate it man, this weekend was huge in my quest to get back in the positive before the end of the year.  I don't want to have to swallow a losing year for the first time.

    Yeah, it was a good career for Roy no doubt about it.  His skills and reflexes in his prime were ridiculous, but after those diminished so did he.  His natural talent is what I will remember most about his career.  On the same token you have to remember that he had a stretch of a few years where he fought complete bums for HBO guaranteed money off of his name and how the tail end of his career came to a close with the brutal KO losses to Tarver/Johnson and his wide decision losses to Tarver and Calzaghe.  He didn't have the staying power because of what he depended on to rise to the top unlike a Hopkins who is just a master craftsman of core boxing skills.

    I will be very surprised if that's the last we see of Calzaghe though.  He would be crazy to hang it up in my opinion, the opponents may not be there, but his name has more star power then ever after staying in the UK for a so many years against over matched opponents.  It may not be a big name fight, but if the fans like Kellerman want him to face Dawson it may happen and I really think he wins that fight.
     
    Fullbrights
    Fullbrights
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 4377
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2008 - 1:40 AM ET #27

    1.5 to win 3.29
    Calzaghe (-260)
    Abraham ITD (-191)
    Licina ITD (-195)

    .5 to win 2.28
    Calzaghe (-260)
    Campos-Salita over 8.5 (-135)
    Abraham ITD (-191)
    Licina ITD (-195)

    Hedge...
    .60 of a unit on Jones by decision (+400)

    .5 to win 2.01
    Mosley ITD (-138)
    Berto (-900)
    Klitschko (-145) vs Peter
    Calzaghe (-320) vs Jones
    Taylor (-550) vs Lacy

    Huge weekend and the remaining parlay pushes on to Taylor next weekend.  I really don't think there is a need to hedge based on the amount and I honestly don't give Lacy much of a shot based on how he has looked recently.  What a Saturday.

      Won 11.02 units for the week.  This has been one sweet ride post the Pavlik-Hops disaster weekend.




    Reply
    1.5 to win 3.29
    Calzaghe (-260)
    Abraham ITD (-191)
    Licina ITD (-195)

    .5 to win 2.28
    Calzaghe (-260)
    Campos-Salita over 8.5 (-135)
    Abraham ITD (-191)
    Licina ITD (-195)

    Hedge...
    .60 of a unit on Jones by decision (+400)

    .5 to win 2.01
    Mosley ITD (-138)
    Berto (-900)
    Klitschko (-145) vs Peter
    Calzaghe (-320) vs Jones
    Taylor (-550) vs Lacy

    Huge weekend and the remaining parlay pushes on to Taylor next weekend.  I really don't think there is a need to hedge based on the amount and I honestly don't give Lacy much of a shot based on how he has looked recently.  What a Saturday.

      Won 11.02 units for the week.  This has been one sweet ride post the Pavlik-Hops disaster weekend.




     
    walktheline
    walktheline
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 4526
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2008 - 1:46 AM ET #28

     
    Now the money is on the table.. how do they set the hook?
    Reply
     
    Now the money is on the table.. how do they set the hook?
     
    FadeMeSucka
    FadeMeSucka
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 142
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2008 - 2:21 AM ET #29

    Fullbrights---I agree with you that it would be crazy for Calzaghe to retire right now, he seems to be at the height of his career.  I can't believe how quickly he recovered from the first-round knockdown.  What a gutsy fighter.
     
    Fullbrights---you're probably more of a boxing historian than me----who would you compare Joe Calzaghe to (historically).  He surely doesn't have one-punch KO power, but he wears out his opponents and dictates the fights nonetheless.  It's an unorthodox way of carrying out a dominating career.  I'm guessing that there might be a fair comparison with one of the Italian-American fighters of the 40's or 50's. 
     
    Regarding the diminishing skills of Roy Jones---I have heard many times that his weight gain to move up to heavyweight and subsequent weight loss to get back down to 175 may have taken a toll on his body and worsened his reflexes (along with age)----it sounds reasonable to me.  Tonight I heard for the first time from Max Kellerman that as boxers age their facial skin becomes less "elastic" and is more prone to cuts.  The cut that Roy Jones endured was pretty bad and may have had an effect on the fight....I'm just not sure if it can be blamed to age or not.
     
    Congratulations again, good luck in the coming weeks.
    Reply
    Fullbrights---I agree with you that it would be crazy for Calzaghe to retire right now, he seems to be at the height of his career.  I can't believe how quickly he recovered from the first-round knockdown.  What a gutsy fighter.
     
    Fullbrights---you're probably more of a boxing historian than me----who would you compare Joe Calzaghe to (historically).  He surely doesn't have one-punch KO power, but he wears out his opponents and dictates the fights nonetheless.  It's an unorthodox way of carrying out a dominating career.  I'm guessing that there might be a fair comparison with one of the Italian-American fighters of the 40's or 50's. 
     
    Regarding the diminishing skills of Roy Jones---I have heard many times that his weight gain to move up to heavyweight and subsequent weight loss to get back down to 175 may have taken a toll on his body and worsened his reflexes (along with age)----it sounds reasonable to me.  Tonight I heard for the first time from Max Kellerman that as boxers age their facial skin becomes less "elastic" and is more prone to cuts.  The cut that Roy Jones endured was pretty bad and may have had an effect on the fight....I'm just not sure if it can be blamed to age or not.
     
    Congratulations again, good luck in the coming weeks.
     
    FadeMeSucka
    FadeMeSucka
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 142
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2008 - 2:21 AM ET #30

    Fullbrights---I agree with you that it would be crazy for Calzaghe to retire right now, he seems to be at the height of his career.  I can't believe how quickly he recovered from the first-round knockdown.  What a gutsy fighter.
     
    Fullbrights---you're probably more of a boxing historian than me----who would you compare Joe Calzaghe to (historically).  He surely doesn't have one-punch KO power, but he wears out his opponents and dictates the fights nonetheless.  It's an unorthodox way of carrying out a dominating career.  I'm guessing that there might be a fair comparison with one of the Italian-American fighters of the 40's or 50's. 
     
    Regarding the diminishing skills of Roy Jones---I have heard many times that his weight gain to move up to heavyweight and subsequent weight loss to get back down to 175 may have taken a toll on his body and worsened his reflexes (along with age)----it sounds reasonable to me.  Tonight I heard for the first time from Max Kellerman that as boxers age their facial skin becomes less "elastic" and is more prone to cuts.  The cut that Roy Jones endured was pretty bad and may have had an effect on the fight....I'm just not sure if it can be blamed to age or not.
     
    Congratulations again, good luck in the coming weeks.
    Reply
    Fullbrights---I agree with you that it would be crazy for Calzaghe to retire right now, he seems to be at the height of his career.  I can't believe how quickly he recovered from the first-round knockdown.  What a gutsy fighter.
     
    Fullbrights---you're probably more of a boxing historian than me----who would you compare Joe Calzaghe to (historically).  He surely doesn't have one-punch KO power, but he wears out his opponents and dictates the fights nonetheless.  It's an unorthodox way of carrying out a dominating career.  I'm guessing that there might be a fair comparison with one of the Italian-American fighters of the 40's or 50's. 
     
    Regarding the diminishing skills of Roy Jones---I have heard many times that his weight gain to move up to heavyweight and subsequent weight loss to get back down to 175 may have taken a toll on his body and worsened his reflexes (along with age)----it sounds reasonable to me.  Tonight I heard for the first time from Max Kellerman that as boxers age their facial skin becomes less "elastic" and is more prone to cuts.  The cut that Roy Jones endured was pretty bad and may have had an effect on the fight....I'm just not sure if it can be blamed to age or not.
     
    Congratulations again, good luck in the coming weeks.
     
    Fullbrights
    Fullbrights
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 4377
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2008 - 2:56 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeMeSucka:

    Fullbrights---I agree with you that it would be crazy for Calzaghe to retire right now, he seems to be at the height of his career.  I can't believe how quickly he recovered from the first-round knockdown.  What a gutsy fighter.
     
    Fullbrights---you're probably more of a boxing historian than me----who would you compare Joe Calzaghe to (historically).  He surely doesn't have one-punch KO power, but he wears out his opponents and dictates the fights nonetheless.  It's an unorthodox way of carrying out a dominating career.  I'm guessing that there might be a fair comparison with one of the Italian-American fighters of the 40's or 50's. 
     
    Regarding the diminishing skills of Roy Jones---I have heard many times that his weight gain to move up to heavyweight and subsequent weight loss to get back down to 175 may have taken a toll on his body and worsened his reflexes (along with age)----it sounds reasonable to me.  Tonight I heard for the first time from Max Kellerman that as boxers age their facial skin becomes less "elastic" and is more prone to cuts.  The cut that Roy Jones endured was pretty bad and may have had an effect on the fight....I'm just not sure if it can be blamed to age or not.
     
    Congratulations again, good luck in the coming weeks.


    That historical question about Calzaghe's style is a good one.  I have never really thought about it.  I wouldn't consider myself a boxing history expert by any means, I am only 25 so it's not like I've been watching the sport for a real long time.  Most historical insight that I have really comes from my grandfather who got me watching it at an early age.  Just off of the top of my head based on the limited footage I've seen and what I have read through the years I'll spit out a few; it's pretty heavy company and I'm definitely not saying he is on their level in a historic sense but I can see some Harry Greb in him though Joe gets the power edge.  Also to a lesser extent maybe Henry Armstrong with less power or maybe even Billy Conn.  That's reaching back there quite a few years, but those were a few names that came to mind.  Joe's style is pretty unique and that is probably the biggest factor in him being undefeated for so long.

    I think there is something to what Max said about the skin factor.  Scar tissue just doesn't seem to hold up as well when fighters age, another example of a big fighter recently would be Tyson of course a lot of that scar tissue above the eyes was courtesy of subtle Holyfield butts.  I think that is definitely reasonable about his reflexes really being diminished because of that step back down and his legs never looked the same either.  I have always thought he should have stayed at HW for a couple of years after beating Ruiz and then called it a career.

    Appreciate it man, good luck to you also.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeMeSucka:

    Fullbrights---I agree with you that it would be crazy for Calzaghe to retire right now, he seems to be at the height of his career.  I can't believe how quickly he recovered from the first-round knockdown.  What a gutsy fighter.
     
    Fullbrights---you're probably more of a boxing historian than me----who would you compare Joe Calzaghe to (historically).  He surely doesn't have one-punch KO power, but he wears out his opponents and dictates the fights nonetheless.  It's an unorthodox way of carrying out a dominating career.  I'm guessing that there might be a fair comparison with one of the Italian-American fighters of the 40's or 50's. 
     
    Regarding the diminishing skills of Roy Jones---I have heard many times that his weight gain to move up to heavyweight and subsequent weight loss to get back down to 175 may have taken a toll on his body and worsened his reflexes (along with age)----it sounds reasonable to me.  Tonight I heard for the first time from Max Kellerman that as boxers age their facial skin becomes less "elastic" and is more prone to cuts.  The cut that Roy Jones endured was pretty bad and may have had an effect on the fight....I'm just not sure if it can be blamed to age or not.
     
    Congratulations again, good luck in the coming weeks.


    That historical question about Calzaghe's style is a good one.  I have never really thought about it.  I wouldn't consider myself a boxing history expert by any means, I am only 25 so it's not like I've been watching the sport for a real long time.  Most historical insight that I have really comes from my grandfather who got me watching it at an early age.  Just off of the top of my head based on the limited footage I've seen and what I have read through the years I'll spit out a few; it's pretty heavy company and I'm definitely not saying he is on their level in a historic sense but I can see some Harry Greb in him though Joe gets the power edge.  Also to a lesser extent maybe Henry Armstrong with less power or maybe even Billy Conn.  That's reaching back there quite a few years, but those were a few names that came to mind.  Joe's style is pretty unique and that is probably the biggest factor in him being undefeated for so long.

    I think there is something to what Max said about the skin factor.  Scar tissue just doesn't seem to hold up as well when fighters age, another example of a big fighter recently would be Tyson of course a lot of that scar tissue above the eyes was courtesy of subtle Holyfield butts.  I think that is definitely reasonable about his reflexes really being diminished because of that step back down and his legs never looked the same either.  I have always thought he should have stayed at HW for a couple of years after beating Ruiz and then called it a career.

    Appreciate it man, good luck to you also.
     
    Zumbize
    Zumbize
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 668
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2008 - 6:44 PM ET #32

    [quote]
    I think there is something to what Max said about the skin factor.  Scar tissue just doesn't seem to hold up as well when fighters age, another example of a big fighter recently would be Tyson of course a lot of that scar tissue above the eyes was courtesy of subtle Holyfield butts.  I think that is definitely reasonable about his reflexes really being diminished because of that step back down and his legs never looked the same either.  I have always thought he should have stayed at HW for a couple of years after beating Ruiz and then called it a career.

    Appreciate it man, good luck to you also.
    [/Quote]

    We can officially add Zab to the "bleeders" list. Cuts over both eyes last night against a no-hoper.

    Congrats on the weekend FB.
    Reply
    [quote]
    I think there is something to what Max said about the skin factor.  Scar tissue just doesn't seem to hold up as well when fighters age, another example of a big fighter recently would be Tyson of course a lot of that scar tissue above the eyes was courtesy of subtle Holyfield butts.  I think that is definitely reasonable about his reflexes really being diminished because of that step back down and his legs never looked the same either.  I have always thought he should have stayed at HW for a couple of years after beating Ruiz and then called it a career.

    Appreciate it man, good luck to you also.
    [/Quote]

    We can officially add Zab to the "bleeders" list. Cuts over both eyes last night against a no-hoper.

    Congrats on the weekend FB.
     
     
    HakAttack1
    HakAttack1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 387
    Posted: Nov. 9, 2008 - 9:41 PM ET #33

    Great week.

    I guess you cant fault Dimes. With Augustus seemingly going to win, I was prepared to argue with them if they graded my bet a loss. With the shoe on the other foot, I really can't complain. 8 and 10 rounds really are different fights.


    Reply
    Great week.

    I guess you cant fault Dimes. With Augustus seemingly going to win, I was prepared to argue with them if they graded my bet a loss. With the shoe on the other foot, I really can't complain. 8 and 10 rounds really are different fights.


    All Forums | Boxing
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,670
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,255
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,039
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,631
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,420
    • MLB Playoffs 5,270
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,298
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 8,827
    • Play Thur thru Sat 5,011
    • Week 5 Money 11,123

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.