• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    SHIRLEYS LINES FOR SUNDAYS GAMES FOR ALL TO SEE (10-3 IN NCAA TOURNEY).

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    TcuFrogs
    Blue_Chips
    wmi799
    paulywallnuts
    shirley-jester
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 20142
    Posts: 78
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    TcuFrogs
    TcuFrogs
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 597
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 10:27 AM ET #26

    Shirley: 

     Illinois does look like it fits nicely in your method and appreciate your work on this....where do you stand at the moment with Illinois +8.5?

    I agree with some of you on here, leaning UNC und 1st half.
    Reply
    Shirley: 

     Illinois does look like it fits nicely in your method and appreciate your work on this....where do you stand at the moment with Illinois +8.5?

    I agree with some of you on here, leaning UNC und 1st half.
     
    Blue_Chips
    Blue_Chips
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 14091
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 10:28 AM ET #27

    I get it now.

    Reply

    I get it now.

     
    wmi799
    wmi799
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 33652
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 10:47 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner13:


    I felt very strongly about them, yes.

    I'm also 11-2-1 i the last two days and +12k.......

    so go on?

    LOL! Whatever.

    Histrionic personality disorder. It's sad
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner13:


    I felt very strongly about them, yes.

    I'm also 11-2-1 i the last two days and +12k.......

    so go on?

    LOL! Whatever.

     
    paulywallnuts
    paulywallnuts
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 333
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 10:58 AM ET #29

    Shirley,
    your showing a record of 10-3 but there have not been that many plays where does this record come from?
    thanks
    Pauly
    Reply
    Shirley,
    your showing a record of 10-3 but there have not been that many plays where does this record come from?
    thanks
    Pauly
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:08 AM ET #30

    WMI799    

    It's impossible to know what anyone actually wagers, but I know boomersooner played USF last night, and I think he played them with the ML as well, as is my suggestion this time of the year at times. To win 12K with 2-3K wagers per game is not an usual event at all, and in fact is a normal type result.

    TCUFROGS

    I personally hate this wager, but it satisfies my criteria for a play. I played them last time  out (they covered easily), and I hated that one too.

    What we will definitely do for this game is to WAIT before placing any wager. If the game line is dropping, my wagering savant partner will bet it before it goes down everywhere. If the line is moving up, he will wait till post time.

    More importantly,  we are waiting for the results of the Texas, Michigan, Ohio State games, and a peek at the Purdue game. Why? So we can make our conference adjustments with more information available prior to our potential play. If we like what we see, we'll bet it fast, as the line will certainly go down. If we don't like the earlier results, we have the option of not plaing the game at all. This is an unlikely event, but it could happen (maybe 1 chance in 4 or 5).

    So now you are probably sorry about asking where I stand on the game. You received the long winded detailed response, sorry.

    Shirley

    Reply

    WMI799    

    It's impossible to know what anyone actually wagers, but I know boomersooner played USF last night, and I think he played them with the ML as well, as is my suggestion this time of the year at times. To win 12K with 2-3K wagers per game is not an usual event at all, and in fact is a normal type result.

    TCUFROGS

    I personally hate this wager, but it satisfies my criteria for a play. I played them last time  out (they covered easily), and I hated that one too.

    What we will definitely do for this game is to WAIT before placing any wager. If the game line is dropping, my wagering savant partner will bet it before it goes down everywhere. If the line is moving up, he will wait till post time.

    More importantly,  we are waiting for the results of the Texas, Michigan, Ohio State games, and a peek at the Purdue game. Why? So we can make our conference adjustments with more information available prior to our potential play. If we like what we see, we'll bet it fast, as the line will certainly go down. If we don't like the earlier results, we have the option of not plaing the game at all. This is an unlikely event, but it could happen (maybe 1 chance in 4 or 5).

    So now you are probably sorry about asking where I stand on the game. You received the long winded detailed response, sorry.

    Shirley

     
    PLAYAAAA1969
    PLAYAAAA1969
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 10344
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:08 AM ET #31

    Bol
    Reply
    Bol
     
    heatformer
    heatformer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 2714
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:17 AM ET #32

    Im sure u dont need me telling u this, but u sound like a very smart capper shirly.

    Reply

    Im sure u dont need me telling u this, but u sound like a very smart capper shirly.

     
    heatformer
    heatformer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 2714
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:18 AM ET #33

    G.l. today
    Reply
    G.l. today
     
    Jonesin
    Jonesin
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 355
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:40 AM ET #34

    I have ILLINOIS at +9
    Reply
    I have ILLINOIS at +9
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:41 AM ET #35

    Paullywallnuts

    My record of 10-3 is for the tourney of 64, and there have been that many plays. Day 1 was 6-3, and day 2 was 4-0.

    I personally am 5-0 omitting a few of the games. Remember what qualifies as a play. In order to jog your memory, I am enclosing the lines I posted. Additionally, I had OVER 1H UNC-LIU, my personal best play of the tourney so far. My last 4 plays covered the spread by an average of over 20 points. You can look it up, as Casey would say.

    Technically, I'm 11-3, but I didn't count the Pitt winner, because we missed  the -17 line, but you should have had it, as a few others on this site did. Supertechnically, I'm really 11-2, because Mizz was tossed because of conference adjustments, but since you didn't know this, I counted it as a loser. I'm counting the extra loser, and not the extra winner. My lines are there for all to see, you know this. Additionally, I am separating the NCAA tourney of 64 form the regular season. I just remembered, based on my raw numbers USF +6 or +6.5 was a winner yesterday, but I didn't count it, because of the later conference adjustments. It was still an edge, but not enough for me, although many in this room played the game and won.

    I hope my quick attention to this matter has refreshed your memory. If anyhing, my record is better than I state it to be.

    My Lines:

    West Virginia  2.00
    Butler              0.40
    Loisville        10.80
    Penn State     1.80 ** Winner
    Ky                 17.40     Loser
    Pitt                21.20     Winner (didnt count it)
    Vandy            1.40
    SDS              20.10      Winner
    Fla                17.10      Winner
    BYU               7.10
    UCONN        16.90      Winner
    Wisc               8.80      Winner
    Mich St          2.20
    SJ                  5.60       Loser
    Mizz               2.70 **   Loser
    K St               6.40       Winner
    Tex              12.60
    Mich              1.70 **    Winner
    N D              16.40
    Vill                0.90
    Az                 7.20
    Duke          27.00        Winner
    T AM            1.50
    N C            20.40        Winner 1H OVER
    Xavier         2.00
    Ill                 1.60 **    WINNER
    Wash           3.20
    Syr            11.90

    BOL

    Shirley

    Reply

    Paullywallnuts

    My record of 10-3 is for the tourney of 64, and there have been that many plays. Day 1 was 6-3, and day 2 was 4-0.

    I personally am 5-0 omitting a few of the games. Remember what qualifies as a play. In order to jog your memory, I am enclosing the lines I posted. Additionally, I had OVER 1H UNC-LIU, my personal best play of the tourney so far. My last 4 plays covered the spread by an average of over 20 points. You can look it up, as Casey would say.

    Technically, I'm 11-3, but I didn't count the Pitt winner, because we missed  the -17 line, but you should have had it, as a few others on this site did. Supertechnically, I'm really 11-2, because Mizz was tossed because of conference adjustments, but since you didn't know this, I counted it as a loser. I'm counting the extra loser, and not the extra winner. My lines are there for all to see, you know this. Additionally, I am separating the NCAA tourney of 64 form the regular season. I just remembered, based on my raw numbers USF +6 or +6.5 was a winner yesterday, but I didn't count it, because of the later conference adjustments. It was still an edge, but not enough for me, although many in this room played the game and won.

    I hope my quick attention to this matter has refreshed your memory. If anyhing, my record is better than I state it to be.

    My Lines:

    West Virginia  2.00
    Butler              0.40
    Loisville        10.80
    Penn State     1.80 ** Winner
    Ky                 17.40     Loser
    Pitt                21.20     Winner (didnt count it)
    Vandy            1.40
    SDS              20.10      Winner
    Fla                17.10      Winner
    BYU               7.10
    UCONN        16.90      Winner
    Wisc               8.80      Winner
    Mich St          2.20
    SJ                  5.60       Loser
    Mizz               2.70 **   Loser
    K St               6.40       Winner
    Tex              12.60
    Mich              1.70 **    Winner
    N D              16.40
    Vill                0.90
    Az                 7.20
    Duke          27.00        Winner
    T AM            1.50
    N C            20.40        Winner 1H OVER
    Xavier         2.00
    Ill                 1.60 **    WINNER
    Wash           3.20
    Syr            11.90

    BOL

    Shirley

     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:50 AM ET #36

    PLAYAAAA1969

    HEATFORMER

    Your comments are very nice, but I'm a half naked lady with a dunce cap. Really, how smart could I be? My daughter gets the best of me every day, further validating my statement.

    JONESIN

    Yes, there are +9's out there. We are still in WAITING MODE on this game.

    BOL

    Shirley

    Reply

    PLAYAAAA1969

    HEATFORMER

    Your comments are very nice, but I'm a half naked lady with a dunce cap. Really, how smart could I be? My daughter gets the best of me every day, further validating my statement.

    JONESIN

    Yes, there are +9's out there. We are still in WAITING MODE on this game.

    BOL

    Shirley

     
    paulywallnuts
    paulywallnuts
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 333
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:56 AM ET #37

    Shirley,
    thanks for refreshing my memory, i missed a few of those
    Pauly
    Reply
    Shirley,
    thanks for refreshing my memory, i missed a few of those
    Pauly
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 12:05 PM ET #38

    Paullywallnuts

    It seems like you missed a day, or at least part of a day. I hope you didn't miss the 1H UNC over. This was the play of the whole tournament for me.

    BOL

    Shirley

    Reply

    Paullywallnuts

    It seems like you missed a day, or at least part of a day. I hope you didn't miss the 1H UNC over. This was the play of the whole tournament for me.

    BOL

    Shirley

     
    TFIN29
    TFIN29
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 188
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 12:07 PM ET #39

    Thanks for all your hard work and good luck today Shirley. 

    Reply
    Thanks for all your hard work and good luck today Shirley. 

     
    KktdocT
    KktdocT
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 66757
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 12:08 PM ET #40

    GL.
    Reply
    GL.
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 12:12 PM ET #41

    TFIN29

    KKTDOCT

    BOL

    Shirley

    Reply

    TFIN29

    KKTDOCT

    BOL

    Shirley

     
    wmi799
    wmi799
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 33652
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 12:22 PM ET #42

    You are right it is impossible to know what anyone wagers, but those who usually boast the dollars won inflate the numbers.
    Histrionic personality disorder. It's sad
    Reply
    You are right it is impossible to know what anyone wagers, but those who usually boast the dollars won inflate the numbers.
     
    Megatron27
    Megatron27
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 191
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 1:43 PM ET #43

    Hello Shirley, would you be so kind as telling me what plays would be logical plays based upon your lines for today? Thank you....
    Reply
    Hello Shirley, would you be so kind as telling me what plays would be logical plays based upon your lines for today? Thank you....
     
    tomsan73761
    tomsan73761
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 1546
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 2:02 PM ET #44

    gOoD lUcK
    Reply
    gOoD lUcK
     
    TDHCentral
    TDHCentral
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 22821
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 3:37 PM ET #45

    thanks for posting Shirley
    Reply
    thanks for posting Shirley
     
    baskets4money
    baskets4money
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2005
    Posts: 6110
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 7:04 PM ET #46

    when will you have a play on this game kansas/ILL
    Reply
    when will you have a play on this game kansas/ILL
     
    USC1977
    USC1977
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 112
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 7:14 PM ET #47

    was UNC a pick this morning?
    Reply
    was UNC a pick this morning?
     
    Fishscale
    Fishscale
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 5413
    Posted: Mar. 20, 2011 - 11:59 PM ET #48

    Great fucking lines Shirley.  And what book do you work for?
    Reply
    Great fucking lines Shirley.  And what book do you work for?
     
    shirley-jester
    shirley-jester
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 1511
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2011 - 12:19 AM ET #49

    Megatron27

    Illinois and UNC were the obvious plays. After the result of the NC game, a new conference median was immediately established, warranting a -1.40 adjustment in the line for the ACC.  Although not posted on this site because of obvious time constraints, this was a logical selection that at least 3 astute people in this room wagered on, Michigan +12.5, by DOING THEIR OWN CONFERENCE ADJUSTMENTS IN REAL TIME. This game is not counted in my tournament selections.

    Similarly, Illinois was an even better play, after earlier results came in. So to completely answer your question, if you had played UNC and ILL, you would have been wagering on the "type" of team, that in the past has hit at a 58+% in the past, in the tourney of 64.

    Tomsan73761

    TDHCentral

    Basketsformoney

    Yes, Illinois was a play, and after conference adjustments, was a very large play for me. It was my kind of play (although I'm not as fan of the team in general), a dog, underrated vs a "public team. I made a large losing wager on this game.

    USC1977

    Yes, UNC was a play. I personally do not wager on favorites in this tourney (as I have stated many times), however for record keeping purposes for the tourney of 64 my selections were 0-2 on Sunday.

    Fishscale

    My lines yesterday were not that great, but if you had done a little bit of work on your own during the day, and made a conference adjustment (like a few others on this site have been doing), you would have come up with Michigan play as a dog with a sufficient delta. Remember, my lines should be used as a supplement to your own handicapping abilities

    I don't have the time nor the commitment to list every adjustment after every game, as they are done by hand, and hence this leaves little time to shop the lines and to make wagers, let alone post on websites. I always suggest to use my lines as a supplement to your own handicapping abilities. Therefore, YOU must have like these ganes as well, or you would not have wagered on them, correct?

    For record keeping purposes, I was 0-2 yesterday on this site. However, and luckily for me, since you know I will not play a favorite in the tourney, my partner and myself did not wager on UNC (no surprise there) , and ended up making a medium size wager on Mich, and a HUGE losing wager on Illinois. I had a big losing day yesterday. However, I would make that Illinois wager a thousand times, if the opportunity presented itself.

    Additionally, we ended up loving Illinois even more, after the results of the earlier games had come in. I personally lost a lot of money yesterday, even going 1-1. That's gambling, and I've learned to take the swings. Incidentally, there were a number of very sharp people on Illinois yesterday, all of them ended up losing, like me.

    I'm really not sure what your complaint is, my numbers are still a respectable10-5 in the tourney of 64, and my overall record, and my basketball sides etc, are amongst the best on this site, or any other site for that matter. If you have been following and wagering on all of my plays on, your bankroll should be growing.

    If you want to hit a home run, then take a flyer on some low priced issue on the pink sheets. There are no home runs in college BB this time of the year, because there is nobody ever on base. It's ever more difficult to string together a series of winning plays.

    If you are wagering more this time of the year, and more than my recommended 1% of gambling bankroll suggestion, then shame on you. My method has only hit 58+% in the tourney of 64 in the past, and I have alerted all to this fact. These are the official plays  which are 4 points from my line. I have warned everyone that the lines (at least for me, and it is a mathematical fact) are tighter, where eventually you will be holding your breath on every possession. I have warned all of the dangers of playing favorites using my method in the tourney.

    Now is not the best time to make $, that time has come and gone. Now is the best time for excitement.

    As far as working for a book, that statement is hilarious. I have actually declined dozens and dozens of requests from people willing to pay for my lines on a daily basis in basketball and baseball. I have declined every request. I must be doing something right.

    If you don't like my lines, don't wager on them. Personally, I'm 6-1 in the tourney being super selective and NEVER wagering on a favorite, period. I  try to maintain the highest level of discipline this time of the year, all the while being a fan of the tournament, just not a fan of wagering this time of the year. BOL.

    Shirley

     

    Reply

    Megatron27

    Illinois and UNC were the obvious plays. After the result of the NC game, a new conference median was immediately established, warranting a -1.40 adjustment in the line for the ACC.  Although not posted on this site because of obvious time constraints, this was a logical selection that at least 3 astute people in this room wagered on, Michigan +12.5, by DOING THEIR OWN CONFERENCE ADJUSTMENTS IN REAL TIME. This game is not counted in my tournament selections.

    Similarly, Illinois was an even better play, after earlier results came in. So to completely answer your question, if you had played UNC and ILL, you would have been wagering on the "type" of team, that in the past has hit at a 58+% in the past, in the tourney of 64.

    Tomsan73761

    TDHCentral

    Basketsformoney

    Yes, Illinois was a play, and after conference adjustments, was a very large play for me. It was my kind of play (although I'm not as fan of the team in general), a dog, underrated vs a "public team. I made a large losing wager on this game.

    USC1977

    Yes, UNC was a play. I personally do not wager on favorites in this tourney (as I have stated many times), however for record keeping purposes for the tourney of 64 my selections were 0-2 on Sunday.

    Fishscale

    My lines yesterday were not that great, but if you had done a little bit of work on your own during the day, and made a conference adjustment (like a few others on this site have been doing), you would have come up with Michigan play as a dog with a sufficient delta. Remember, my lines should be used as a supplement to your own handicapping abilities

    I don't have the time nor the commitment to list every adjustment after every game, as they are done by hand, and hence this leaves little time to shop the lines and to make wagers, let alone post on websites. I always suggest to use my lines as a supplement to your own handicapping abilities. Therefore, YOU must have like these ganes as well, or you would not have wagered on them, correct?

    For record keeping purposes, I was 0-2 yesterday on this site. However, and luckily for me, since you know I will not play a favorite in the tourney, my partner and myself did not wager on UNC (no surprise there) , and ended up making a medium size wager on Mich, and a HUGE losing wager on Illinois. I had a big losing day yesterday. However, I would make that Illinois wager a thousand times, if the opportunity presented itself.

    Additionally, we ended up loving Illinois even more, after the results of the earlier games had come in. I personally lost a lot of money yesterday, even going 1-1. That's gambling, and I've learned to take the swings. Incidentally, there were a number of very sharp people on Illinois yesterday, all of them ended up losing, like me.

    I'm really not sure what your complaint is, my numbers are still a respectable10-5 in the tourney of 64, and my overall record, and my basketball sides etc, are amongst the best on this site, or any other site for that matter. If you have been following and wagering on all of my plays on, your bankroll should be growing.

    If you want to hit a home run, then take a flyer on some low priced issue on the pink sheets. There are no home runs in college BB this time of the year, because there is nobody ever on base. It's ever more difficult to string together a series of winning plays.

    If you are wagering more this time of the year, and more than my recommended 1% of gambling bankroll suggestion, then shame on you. My method has only hit 58+% in the tourney of 64 in the past, and I have alerted all to this fact. These are the official plays  which are 4 points from my line. I have warned everyone that the lines (at least for me, and it is a mathematical fact) are tighter, where eventually you will be holding your breath on every possession. I have warned all of the dangers of playing favorites using my method in the tourney.

    Now is not the best time to make $, that time has come and gone. Now is the best time for excitement.

    As far as working for a book, that statement is hilarious. I have actually declined dozens and dozens of requests from people willing to pay for my lines on a daily basis in basketball and baseball. I have declined every request. I must be doing something right.

    If you don't like my lines, don't wager on them. Personally, I'm 6-1 in the tourney being super selective and NEVER wagering on a favorite, period. I  try to maintain the highest level of discipline this time of the year, all the while being a fan of the tournament, just not a fan of wagering this time of the year. BOL.

    Shirley

     

     
     
    Fishscale
    Fishscale
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 5413
    Posted: Mar. 22, 2011 - 4:54 AM ET #50

    Hey thanks for the long response, Shirls, I was just busting your chops.  Btw, you speak like some sort of Elizabethan era novel.  "In the Tournament of 64" sounds like a deathmatch involving Lions.  


    Reply
    Hey thanks for the long response, Shirls, I was just busting your chops.  Btw, you speak like some sort of Elizabethan era novel.  "In the Tournament of 64" sounds like a deathmatch involving Lions.  


    All Forums | College Basketball
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Monday 10/05/2026 694
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,275
    • PART DEUX 185
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,721
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,777
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,808
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,655
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,117
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,605
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,714

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.