• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Blowoutgm's Week 3 thoughts and plays

    «First Previous 1234
    moodyjeremy
    LoveCFB1_
    Pyro233
    Gerhan
    GrindItOut44
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 19363
    Posts: 89
    «First Previous 1234
     
    moodyjeremy
    moodyjeremy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 501
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 8:51 PM ET #76

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Recap for those that can't read:

    Auburn -9.5    5 units

    One unit plays:

    Washington -6  
    B.C. -5 

    Miss. St. -31

    Ole Miss tt over 23.5

    Washington game down to 4- if it gets down to 3 I might try for a middle- 

    Good luck everyone!!





    Like the card man. Love the auburn pick. It's my big pick this weekend too. Lsu couldn't protect qb against bad team last week. They were knocking him around all game. Auburn has top 3 d line in country. They will t off on him. I think auburn wins easy. Something like 31-13

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Recap for those that can't read:

    Auburn -9.5    5 units

    One unit plays:

    Washington -6  
    B.C. -5 

    Miss. St. -31

    Ole Miss tt over 23.5

    Washington game down to 4- if it gets down to 3 I might try for a middle- 

    Good luck everyone!!





    Like the card man. Love the auburn pick. It's my big pick this weekend too. Lsu couldn't protect qb against bad team last week. They were knocking him around all game. Auburn has top 3 d line in country. They will t off on him. I think auburn wins easy. Something like 31-13

     
    LoveCFB1_
    LoveCFB1_
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 3327
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 11:06 PM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Recap for those that can't read:Auburn -9.5    5 unitsOne unit plays:Washington -6  B.C. -5 Miss. St. -31Ole Miss tt over 23.5Washington game down to 4- if it gets down to 3 I might try for a middle- Good luck everyone!!
    Good Luck!! Looking forward to a couple winning team totals in the a.m an_cheers

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Recap for those that can't read:Auburn -9.5    5 unitsOne unit plays:Washington -6  B.C. -5 Miss. St. -31Ole Miss tt over 23.5Washington game down to 4- if it gets down to 3 I might try for a middle- Good luck everyone!!
    Good Luck!! Looking forward to a couple winning team totals in the a.m an_cheers

     
    Pyro233
    Pyro233
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2016
    Posts: 300
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 11:16 PM ET #78

    Glad to see you on the same side
    Reply
    Glad to see you on the same side
     
    Gerhan
    Gerhan
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2018
    Posts: 636
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2018 - 11:51 PM ET #79

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Recap for those that can't read:

    Auburn -9.5    5 units

    One unit plays:

    Washington -6  
    B.C. -5 

    Miss. St. -31

    Ole Miss tt over 23.5

    Washington game down to 4- if it gets down to 3 I might try for a middle- 

    Good luck everyone!!





    You don't know what a middle is.

    Had you first bet Utah +6 and then later bet Washington -3 for example, then that's a middle since you could potentially win both bets in that scenario but not lose both.

    All you're hoping to do now is to double down on Washington if the line continues to drop. That's not a middle.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Recap for those that can't read:

    Auburn -9.5    5 units

    One unit plays:

    Washington -6  
    B.C. -5 

    Miss. St. -31

    Ole Miss tt over 23.5

    Washington game down to 4- if it gets down to 3 I might try for a middle- 

    Good luck everyone!!





    You don't know what a middle is.

    Had you first bet Utah +6 and then later bet Washington -3 for example, then that's a middle since you could potentially win both bets in that scenario but not lose both.

    All you're hoping to do now is to double down on Washington if the line continues to drop. That's not a middle.
     
    GrindItOut44
    GrindItOut44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 568
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 2:50 AM ET #80

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Ole Miss team total over 23.5Yes Bama could easily score 60 points in this one on the Ole Miss defense- that sets up for some "easy" scores by Ole Miss as Bama goes to a somewhat soft zone prevent late in the game- The Bama defense is still young and Saban has traditionally stuggled defending this offense- all these point to an easy tt over in my opinion- let's not forget that the Ole Miss QB is also very good- Good luck!

     

    Hey BlowOut kind of curious about this play and why you would make it instead of just betting the game over? My rationale being, since Bama is already an official play @ -20.5 and the Over/Under on the game is currently sitting at 70.5, if you think Ole Miss is going over 23.5, say they score the absolute minimum to win that bet of 24 and Alabama scores the absolute minimum to cover your -20.5 which would put them at 45 and thus a game total of 69. It seems like with this scenario if you think Ole Miss is going to score over 23.5 and with a bet down on Alabama already it would make more sense to bet the game over, or am I missing something? Hopefully you realize from my past posts I'm not giving you a hard time, just want to understand the logic behind your bet.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Ole Miss team total over 23.5Yes Bama could easily score 60 points in this one on the Ole Miss defense- that sets up for some "easy" scores by Ole Miss as Bama goes to a somewhat soft zone prevent late in the game- The Bama defense is still young and Saban has traditionally stuggled defending this offense- all these point to an easy tt over in my opinion- let's not forget that the Ole Miss QB is also very good- Good luck!

     

    Hey BlowOut kind of curious about this play and why you would make it instead of just betting the game over? My rationale being, since Bama is already an official play @ -20.5 and the Over/Under on the game is currently sitting at 70.5, if you think Ole Miss is going over 23.5, say they score the absolute minimum to win that bet of 24 and Alabama scores the absolute minimum to cover your -20.5 which would put them at 45 and thus a game total of 69. It seems like with this scenario if you think Ole Miss is going to score over 23.5 and with a bet down on Alabama already it would make more sense to bet the game over, or am I missing something? Hopefully you realize from my past posts I'm not giving you a hard time, just want to understand the logic behind your bet.

     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6207
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 11:48 AM ET #81

    Gerham- 

    That was sarcasm!!!!!!!!!!! I think Washington still covers the -6 but of course I don't like the line movement in the other direction- 

    I never bet middles

    Good luk!

    Reply
    Gerham- 

    That was sarcasm!!!!!!!!!!! I think Washington still covers the -6 but of course I don't like the line movement in the other direction- 

    I never bet middles

    Good luk!

     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6207
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 11:49 AM ET #82

    Grind it out- 

    Everything you said is true- the way I bet the game, I should have just bet the overs all the way around- rarely do I make that many bets on one game- I am trying to limit the amount of games I play this year- 

    Good luck!


    Reply
    Grind it out- 

    Everything you said is true- the way I bet the game, I should have just bet the overs all the way around- rarely do I make that many bets on one game- I am trying to limit the amount of games I play this year- 

    Good luck!


     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6207
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 11:51 AM ET #83

    Adding FAU   -37

    This is the kind of game where Lane Kiffin will run it up- FAU should be able to take out some frustrations on the hapless Bethun Cookman team!

    Good luck!!
    Reply
    Adding FAU   -37

    This is the kind of game where Lane Kiffin will run it up- FAU should be able to take out some frustrations on the hapless Bethun Cookman team!

    Good luck!!
     
    GrindItOut44
    GrindItOut44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 568
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 11:53 AM ET #84

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Grind it out- Everything you said is true- the way I bet the game, I should have just bet the overs all the way around- rarely do I make that many bets on one game- I am trying to limit the amount of games I play this year- Good luck!

     

    BlowOut, OK thanks! Not many on here have the integrity and BALLS that you have. Keep up the solid work man, appreciate all you do. Lets get it this week!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Grind it out- Everything you said is true- the way I bet the game, I should have just bet the overs all the way around- rarely do I make that many bets on one game- I am trying to limit the amount of games I play this year- Good luck!

     

    BlowOut, OK thanks! Not many on here have the integrity and BALLS that you have. Keep up the solid work man, appreciate all you do. Lets get it this week!

     
    Trumpinator2020
    Trumpinator2020
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 7453
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 11:53 AM ET #85

    Reply
     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6207
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 12:34 PM ET #86

    Grinditout- 

    Thanks- I figure if it is a close game then I go 1-1. If it is the shootout that I expect then hopefully I go 2-0. I just didn't want to place 4 bets on the same game. Just trying to limit my exposure a bit.
    Reply
    Grinditout- 

    Thanks- I figure if it is a close game then I go 1-1. If it is the shootout that I expect then hopefully I go 2-0. I just didn't want to place 4 bets on the same game. Just trying to limit my exposure a bit.
     
    GrindItOut44
    GrindItOut44
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 568
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 2:46 PM ET #87

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Grinditout- Thanks- I figure if it is a close game then I go 1-1. If it is the shootout that I expect then hopefully I go 2-0. I just didn't want to place 4 bets on the same game. Just trying to limit my exposure a bit.

    BlowOut - Funny enough in my write-up last night I wrote in at one point the only rationale I could see was sort of using it like a hedge but it was too long and complicated so I pulled it out but I sort of expected that's what you were doing. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by blowoutgm:

    Grinditout- Thanks- I figure if it is a close game then I go 1-1. If it is the shootout that I expect then hopefully I go 2-0. I just didn't want to place 4 bets on the same game. Just trying to limit my exposure a bit.

    BlowOut - Funny enough in my write-up last night I wrote in at one point the only rationale I could see was sort of using it like a hedge but it was too long and complicated so I pulled it out but I sort of expected that's what you were doing. 

     
    stretchrunner
    stretchrunner
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 313
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 7:10 PM ET #88

    Blowout, we all have teams that are Jonah for us, I think LSU is yours.......get em next week

    Reply

    Blowout, we all have teams that are Jonah for us, I think LSU is yours.......get em next week

     
     
    saigon
    saigon
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 13881
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2018 - 7:12 PM ET #89

    an_cheers

    Reply

    an_cheers

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 1234

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,922
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,203
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,840
    • PART DEUX 296
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,302
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,009
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 477
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,476
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 3,067
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,615

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.