• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Boise St does not deserve to play for National Title...

    «First Previous 345 ... 678 Next Last»
    jwheels86
    UrdaddyinAZ
    aggieaccountant
    CalBear
    PrimeTimeBoys
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 3535
    Posts: 176
    «First Previous 345 ... 678 Next Last»
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:45 AM ET #51

    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    Find me any other SEC QB that bested the numbers this kid put up on Ole MIss.



    The saddest thing about this is you are being serious. You called out "SEC guys", to discredit anything about players in the SEC.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    Find me any other SEC QB that bested the numbers this kid put up on Ole MIss.



    The saddest thing about this is you are being serious. You called out "SEC guys", to discredit anything about players in the SEC.
     
    UrdaddyinAZ
    UrdaddyinAZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 4939
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:45 AM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    Obviously 


    the walking dead qb > Ryan Mallett


    The SEC is full of trash players

    By the way, you'd piss in your My Little Shortcake underoos if Ryan Mallet was a Gator. Fuckin hater.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    Obviously 


    the walking dead qb > Ryan Mallett


    The SEC is full of trash players

    By the way, you'd piss in your My Little Shortcake underoos if Ryan Mallet was a Gator. Fuckin hater.

     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:45 AM ET #53

    Ryan Mallett is no better than this kid playing for Fresno folks, he's cleared that up for us. Its just Boise's defense making him shit himself

    Reply
    Ryan Mallett is no better than this kid playing for Fresno folks, he's cleared that up for us. Its just Boise's defense making him shit himself

     
    UrdaddyinAZ
    UrdaddyinAZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 4939
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:46 AM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    The saddest thing about this is you are being serious. You called out "SEC guys", to discredit anything about players in the SEC.

    I'm discrediting you and your SEC/major conference bias and I'm winning.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    The saddest thing about this is you are being serious. You called out "SEC guys", to discredit anything about players in the SEC.

    I'm discrediting you and your SEC/major conference bias and I'm winning.

     
    aggieaccountant
    aggieaccountant
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 3490
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:46 AM ET #55

    So, the announcers just said that this is the first time Fresno is likely to be shutout since 1998.  I guess that means that Fresno has played nobody in 12 years....
    Reply
    So, the announcers just said that this is the first time Fresno is likely to be shutout since 1998.  I guess that means that Fresno has played nobody in 12 years....
     
    CalBear
    CalBear
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 21426
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:47 AM ET #56

    Urdaddy owns this thread.
    Reply
    Urdaddy owns this thread.
     
    UrdaddyinAZ
    UrdaddyinAZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 4939
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:48 AM ET #57

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear:

    Urdaddy owns this thread.

    Thank you my man, thank you very much.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by CalBear:

    Urdaddy owns this thread.

    Thank you my man, thank you very much.

     
    PrimeTimeBoys
    PrimeTimeBoys
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 13343
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:48 AM ET #58

    Only way to clear this argument up is to have a playoff system which wont be happening anytime soon.
    Reply
    Only way to clear this argument up is to have a playoff system which wont be happening anytime soon.
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:48 AM ET #59

    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    I'm discrediting you and your SEC/major conference bias and I'm winning.



    You just said that Mallett is worse than this kid playing tonight. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    I'm discrediting you and your SEC/major conference bias and I'm winning.



    You just said that Mallett is worse than this kid playing tonight. 
     
    tinfoils
    tinfoils
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2002
    Posts: 66016
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:51 AM ET #60

    Can you SEC guys explain to me why you don't cross the Mississippi to play? In the last 10 years I can only remmber three games. Alabama at Hawaii twice and Arkansas at USC. All the talk of the tough SEC in conference schedule. But if you look at their non conference schedule, it's made up of Sun Belt schools and San Jose St.
    Reply
    Can you SEC guys explain to me why you don't cross the Mississippi to play? In the last 10 years I can only remmber three games. Alabama at Hawaii twice and Arkansas at USC. All the talk of the tough SEC in conference schedule. But if you look at their non conference schedule, it's made up of Sun Belt schools and San Jose St.
     
    UrdaddyinAZ
    UrdaddyinAZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 4939
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:52 AM ET #61

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    You just said that Mallett is worse than this kid playing tonight. 

    I guess you don't quite understand the point I'm making. We all know (at least I think we do) that Ryan Mallet is probably the 2nd most NFL ready QB in college football this year (2nd to Andrew Luck). The fact that he played worse than this kid vs a common opponent should tell you that he obviously has some talent and is just being ravished by a superb defense.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    You just said that Mallett is worse than this kid playing tonight. 

    I guess you don't quite understand the point I'm making. We all know (at least I think we do) that Ryan Mallet is probably the 2nd most NFL ready QB in college football this year (2nd to Andrew Luck). The fact that he played worse than this kid vs a common opponent should tell you that he obviously has some talent and is just being ravished by a superb defense.

     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 12:58 AM ET #62

    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    I guess you don't quite understand the point I'm making. We all know (at least I think we do) that Ryan Mallet is probably the 2nd most NFL ready QB in college football this year (2nd to Andrew Luck). The fact that he played worse than this kid vs a common opponent should tell you that he obviously has some talent and is just being ravished by a superb defense.



    So Boise was the reason he was throwing it that badly everywhere? If you really think that this conversation can't even happen, lol... You are comparing him to Ryan Mallett 1, 2 you are comparing one of the worst defenses in the country in an unranked Miss team to the number 4 team to help your argument. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    I guess you don't quite understand the point I'm making. We all know (at least I think we do) that Ryan Mallet is probably the 2nd most NFL ready QB in college football this year (2nd to Andrew Luck). The fact that he played worse than this kid vs a common opponent should tell you that he obviously has some talent and is just being ravished by a superb defense.



    So Boise was the reason he was throwing it that badly everywhere? If you really think that this conversation can't even happen, lol... You are comparing him to Ryan Mallett 1, 2 you are comparing one of the worst defenses in the country in an unranked Miss team to the number 4 team to help your argument. 
     
    UrdaddyinAZ
    UrdaddyinAZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 4939
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:02 AM ET #63

    Wheels you are just stubborn buddy, so am I. Like I said, put the farm on whatever team they play in the BCS if they suck so bad. Here's what I do know, you won't because you're smarter than that (yes that's a compliment that I will end the night with).
    Reply
    Wheels you are just stubborn buddy, so am I. Like I said, put the farm on whatever team they play in the BCS if they suck so bad. Here's what I do know, you won't because you're smarter than that (yes that's a compliment that I will end the night with).
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:05 AM ET #64

    Im not being stubborn, you are purely assuming I use blind judgement about teams that are not in the conference my favorite team is. Thats not even close to the truth, I just of course give a lot of credit to the conference that has dominated in the last 5 years in CFB, and why shouldn't I or anyone else? 


    Boise is a really good football team, I have never hated on THEM, I have hated on their opponents and how they get celebrated for beating teams like they play. They are doing what a good team SHOULD do, they shouldn't get special credit for beating retards in a spelling bee.
    Reply
    Im not being stubborn, you are purely assuming I use blind judgement about teams that are not in the conference my favorite team is. Thats not even close to the truth, I just of course give a lot of credit to the conference that has dominated in the last 5 years in CFB, and why shouldn't I or anyone else? 


    Boise is a really good football team, I have never hated on THEM, I have hated on their opponents and how they get celebrated for beating teams like they play. They are doing what a good team SHOULD do, they shouldn't get special credit for beating retards in a spelling bee.
     
    moneymaker14
    moneymaker14
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 12528
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:07 AM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    It's always the same dipshits spewing the same dumb shit. Like, "move conferences" or "they shoud play somebody then". Which just goes to show you they don't know a fucking thing and are just jealous because their 7-3 SEC favorite team is ranked lower than them and being considered for the title. Guess what Boise gets to do next year, you guessed it travel to fuckin Atlanta to play Georgia. Did they get a home and home? Fuck no! Why? Cause Georgia and the SEC are FUCKIN SCARED! Hey assholes do these two things:

    1) Put your life savings on the team the play in the championship game.

    2) Call your favorite team's athletic director and ask them if they'd like to travel to Boise next year and play them out of conference.

    By the time you get done with those two things, you'll have your dick in your hand and your tail between your legs.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    It's always the same dipshits spewing the same dumb shit. Like, "move conferences" or "they shoud play somebody then". Which just goes to show you they don't know a fucking thing and are just jealous because their 7-3 SEC favorite team is ranked lower than them and being considered for the title. Guess what Boise gets to do next year, you guessed it travel to fuckin Atlanta to play Georgia. Did they get a home and home? Fuck no! Why? Cause Georgia and the SEC are FUCKIN SCARED! Hey assholes do these two things:

    1) Put your life savings on the team the play in the championship game.

    2) Call your favorite team's athletic director and ask them if they'd like to travel to Boise next year and play them out of conference.

    By the time you get done with those two things, you'll have your dick in your hand and your tail between your legs.

     
    UrdaddyinAZ
    UrdaddyinAZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 4939
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:07 AM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    Im not being stubborn, you are purely assuming I use blind judgement about teams that are not in the conference my favorite team is. Thats not even close to the truth, I just of course give a lot of credit to the conference that has dominated in the last 5 years in CFB, and why shouldn't I or anyone else? 


    Boise is a really good football team, I have never hated on THEM, I have hated on their opponents and how they get celebrated for beating teams like they play. They are doing what a good team SHOULD do, they shouldn't get special credit for beating retards in a spelling bee.

    How are they getting special treatment, they are ranked last amoung the 4 undefeateds left.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    Im not being stubborn, you are purely assuming I use blind judgement about teams that are not in the conference my favorite team is. Thats not even close to the truth, I just of course give a lot of credit to the conference that has dominated in the last 5 years in CFB, and why shouldn't I or anyone else? 


    Boise is a really good football team, I have never hated on THEM, I have hated on their opponents and how they get celebrated for beating teams like they play. They are doing what a good team SHOULD do, they shouldn't get special credit for beating retards in a spelling bee.

    How are they getting special treatment, they are ranked last amoung the 4 undefeateds left.

     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:08 AM ET #67

    I think Boise can play with the big boys in a SINGLE neutral field game, hell many teams can in the nation that aren't even that great. Would they beat the LSU's, Bama's and Florida's of every year basis? I don't think so until I see it, but they would never play a schedule like that so its impossible to know. Getting to play their schedule and get into a title game even over teams like Ohio State is a pure slap in the face to teams in real conferences.
    Reply
    I think Boise can play with the big boys in a SINGLE neutral field game, hell many teams can in the nation that aren't even that great. Would they beat the LSU's, Bama's and Florida's of every year basis? I don't think so until I see it, but they would never play a schedule like that so its impossible to know. Getting to play their schedule and get into a title game even over teams like Ohio State is a pure slap in the face to teams in real conferences.
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:09 AM ET #68

    how can anyone think otherwise?
    Reply
    how can anyone think otherwise?
     
    SatNightFever05
    SatNightFever05
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:12 AM ET #69

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    I think Boise can play with the big boys in a SINGLE neutral field game, hell many teams can in the nation that aren't even that great. Would they beat the LSU's, Bama's and Florida's of every year basis? I don't think so until I see it, but they would never play a schedule like that so its impossible to know. Getting to play their schedule and get into a title game even over teams like Ohio State is a pure slap in the face to teams in real conferences.


    Umm.. I'm pretty sure it's UF that hasn't played an OOC game outside the state of Florida since 1984...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    I think Boise can play with the big boys in a SINGLE neutral field game, hell many teams can in the nation that aren't even that great. Would they beat the LSU's, Bama's and Florida's of every year basis? I don't think so until I see it, but they would never play a schedule like that so its impossible to know. Getting to play their schedule and get into a title game even over teams like Ohio State is a pure slap in the face to teams in real conferences.


    Umm.. I'm pretty sure it's UF that hasn't played an OOC game outside the state of Florida since 1984...
     
    UrdaddyinAZ
    UrdaddyinAZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 4939
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:12 AM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    Im not being stubborn, you are purely assuming I use blind judgement about teams that are not in the conference my favorite team is. Thats not even close to the truth, I just of course give a lot of credit to the conference that has dominated in the last 5 years in CFB, and why shouldn't I or anyone else? 


    Boise is a really good football team, I have never hated on THEM, I have hated on their opponents and how they get celebrated for beating teams like they play. They are doing what a good team SHOULD do, they shouldn't get special credit for beating retards in a spelling bee.

    You're right, I'm painting you with a wide brush and making assumptions but just cause you dominated CFB for 5 years doesn't mean you will forever and have to every year by mandate. Get over yourselves. You do have down years, recruiting classes cycle, you have ups and downs.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    Im not being stubborn, you are purely assuming I use blind judgement about teams that are not in the conference my favorite team is. Thats not even close to the truth, I just of course give a lot of credit to the conference that has dominated in the last 5 years in CFB, and why shouldn't I or anyone else? 


    Boise is a really good football team, I have never hated on THEM, I have hated on their opponents and how they get celebrated for beating teams like they play. They are doing what a good team SHOULD do, they shouldn't get special credit for beating retards in a spelling bee.

    You're right, I'm painting you with a wide brush and making assumptions but just cause you dominated CFB for 5 years doesn't mean you will forever and have to every year by mandate. Get over yourselves. You do have down years, recruiting classes cycle, you have ups and downs.

     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:15 AM ET #71

    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    You're right, I'm painting you with a wide brush and making assumptions but just cause you dominated CFB for 5 years doesn't mean you will forever and have to every year by mandate. Get over yourselves. You do have down years, recruiting classes cycle, you have ups and downs.



    Get over myself? I stated a fact and now im bragging? Has the SEC not been the best football conference over the recent years as a whole? You are taking shots at me like I proclaiming something thats not true
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by UrdaddyinAZ:

    You're right, I'm painting you with a wide brush and making assumptions but just cause you dominated CFB for 5 years doesn't mean you will forever and have to every year by mandate. Get over yourselves. You do have down years, recruiting classes cycle, you have ups and downs.



    Get over myself? I stated a fact and now im bragging? Has the SEC not been the best football conference over the recent years as a whole? You are taking shots at me like I proclaiming something thats not true
     
    UrdaddyinAZ
    UrdaddyinAZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 4939
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:16 AM ET #72

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    I think Boise can play with the big boys in a SINGLE neutral field game, hell many teams can in the nation that aren't even that great. Would they beat the LSU's, Bama's and Florida's of every year basis? I don't think so until I see it, but they would never play a schedule like that so its impossible to know. Getting to play their schedule and get into a title game even over teams like Ohio State is a pure slap in the face to teams in real conferences.

    I'm not arguing about the past or future. I'm talking about this 2010 super talented, upper classmen laden, superbly coached Boise St team. Next year they will likely be an average team at best, lucky to stay in the top 25. Guess what, Georgia will route them and we get to hear all the SEC nuthuggers talk shit. Boise St is the best team in the country right now no question. *drops mic*

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    I think Boise can play with the big boys in a SINGLE neutral field game, hell many teams can in the nation that aren't even that great. Would they beat the LSU's, Bama's and Florida's of every year basis? I don't think so until I see it, but they would never play a schedule like that so its impossible to know. Getting to play their schedule and get into a title game even over teams like Ohio State is a pure slap in the face to teams in real conferences.

    I'm not arguing about the past or future. I'm talking about this 2010 super talented, upper classmen laden, superbly coached Boise St team. Next year they will likely be an average team at best, lucky to stay in the top 25. Guess what, Georgia will route them and we get to hear all the SEC nuthuggers talk shit. Boise St is the best team in the country right now no question. *drops mic*

     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:16 AM ET #73

    Quote Originally Posted by SatNightFever05:



    Umm.. I'm pretty sure it's UF that hasn't played an OOC game outside the state of Florida since 1984...


    What does that have to do with Boise's  IN conference schedule? SEC teams play 2 patsies a year, Boise plays 2 tough games a year. Thats a terrible example
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SatNightFever05:



    Umm.. I'm pretty sure it's UF that hasn't played an OOC game outside the state of Florida since 1984...


    What does that have to do with Boise's  IN conference schedule? SEC teams play 2 patsies a year, Boise plays 2 tough games a year. Thats a terrible example
     
    UrdaddyinAZ
    UrdaddyinAZ
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 4939
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:17 AM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    Get over myself? I stated a fact and now im bragging? Has the SEC not been the best football conference over the recent years as a whole? You are taking shots at me like I proclaiming something thats not true

    Your not that good this year.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    Get over myself? I stated a fact and now im bragging? Has the SEC not been the best football conference over the recent years as a whole? You are taking shots at me like I proclaiming something thats not true

    Your not that good this year.

     
     
    SatNightFever05
    SatNightFever05
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 3689
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2010 - 1:18 AM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    What does that have to do with Boise's  IN conference schedule? SEC teams play 2 patsies a year, Boise plays 2 tough games a year. Thats a terrible example


    You're saying you'd wish Boise would schedule the Florida's or Bama's of the world.. only problem.. I don't think you could get Florida to go west of the Mississippi...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:



    What does that have to do with Boise's  IN conference schedule? SEC teams play 2 patsies a year, Boise plays 2 tough games a year. Thats a terrible example


    You're saying you'd wish Boise would schedule the Florida's or Bama's of the world.. only problem.. I don't think you could get Florida to go west of the Mississippi...
    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 345 ... 678 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,175
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,865
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,694
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,148
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 663
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,280
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • MLB Playoffs 4,517
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,978
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 6,033

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.