• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Texas at Alabama (01/07/2010)

    «First Previous 456 ... 789 Next Last»
    bamafan9
    Big-vegas
    monty1976
    ESHMAN
    Radiators
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 25356
    Posts: 208
    «First Previous 456 ... 789 Next Last»
     
    bamafan9
    bamafan9
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 11:01 AM ET #76

    Good Point on Texas Stopping Run though.

    Defense Against The Run

    Year: 2009Thru: 01/02/10 Minimum Pct. of Games Played
    Rank
    NameGamesCarriesNetAvgTDsYdspgmWinsLossesTies
    1Texas13407808 1.995 62.151300
    2Alabama133671013 2.765 77.921300

    Reply
    Good Point on Texas Stopping Run though.

    Defense Against The Run

    Year: 2009Thru: 01/02/10 Minimum Pct. of Games Played
    Rank
    NameGamesCarriesNetAvgTDsYdspgmWinsLossesTies
    1Texas13407808 1.995 62.151300
    2Alabama133671013 2.765 77.921300

     
    Big-vegas
    Big-vegas
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 109
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 2:05 PM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Insight:

    Boy all the fish are jumping at this BAMA team....

    Texas large here...

    Good luck all

      Well that statement made absolutely NO sense.  The line has moved a full point from opening from Bama -5 to Bama -4 becuse the public is pounding Texas. The 20 people posting in this forum is not going to have an effect on this game.

    This is why I rarely post in these forums anymore. I remember when you could come  on this site to get valuable capping info from experienced cappers. Now it's mostly just a bunch of hoo haws offering opinions and picks with no facts that back up their statements. Stuff like " MY TEMAS GOING TO ROLL HERE BECAUSE THE OTHER TEAM SUCKS! BET YOUR WHOLE BANK ROLL BECAUSE I SAID SO! HEE HAW!

    This doesn't apply to everyone but anyone who has been reading and posting for a long time knows wht I mean. Time to start searching for a new website this one has been over run ny amatures! Sorry to take up space on the forum but had to vent. I'm really sick of this. You read through pages and pages of bull shit to get maybe 5 or 6 valid posts.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Insight:

    Boy all the fish are jumping at this BAMA team....

    Texas large here...

    Good luck all

      Well that statement made absolutely NO sense.  The line has moved a full point from opening from Bama -5 to Bama -4 becuse the public is pounding Texas. The 20 people posting in this forum is not going to have an effect on this game.

    This is why I rarely post in these forums anymore. I remember when you could come  on this site to get valuable capping info from experienced cappers. Now it's mostly just a bunch of hoo haws offering opinions and picks with no facts that back up their statements. Stuff like " MY TEMAS GOING TO ROLL HERE BECAUSE THE OTHER TEAM SUCKS! BET YOUR WHOLE BANK ROLL BECAUSE I SAID SO! HEE HAW!

    This doesn't apply to everyone but anyone who has been reading and posting for a long time knows wht I mean. Time to start searching for a new website this one has been over run ny amatures! Sorry to take up space on the forum but had to vent. I'm really sick of this. You read through pages and pages of bull shit to get maybe 5 or 6 valid posts.

     
    monty1976
    monty1976
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 56
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 2:39 PM ET #78

    I hear ya Big Vegas!
    Reply
    I hear ya Big Vegas!
     
    ESHMAN
    ESHMAN
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 198
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 5:46 PM ET #79

    Bama -4. I am making this pick because of what I witnessed during their last game. Texas barely beat Nebraska on a last second field goal. And I cant say that i liked what bama did to the gators, but they f'*kin killed them. Bama wins this game by more than people think.  Bama wins by 14.

    SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC

    Reply

    Bama -4. I am making this pick because of what I witnessed during their last game. Texas barely beat Nebraska on a last second field goal. And I cant say that i liked what bama did to the gators, but they f'*kin killed them. Bama wins this game by more than people think.  Bama wins by 14.

    SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC

     
    Radiators
    Radiators
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 2937
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 7:43 PM ET #80

    Wait and take Texas with the points.  They should not be easy for Bama.  Both have great Defenses.  
    Reply
    Wait and take Texas with the points.  They should not be easy for Bama.  Both have great Defenses.  
     
    maldini
    maldini
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 241
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 8:28 PM ET #81

    Quote Originally Posted by Big-vegas:

      Well that statement made absolutely NO sense.  The line has moved a full point from opening from Bama -5 to Bama -4 becuse the public is pounding Texas. 

    Don't think that's right. Pregame sportsbook spy shows 75 percent of the action is on Bama. The public is pounding the favorite, as usual. Which means there's a solid reverse line play. The public isn't moving the line. It's the sharps.

    With that said, the biggest reason to play Texas -- their run D -- still bothers me because Bama plays a pro style scheme  and they do it very, very well. Texas might have a good run D but they haven't seen Bama's scheme and they haven't seen it run this well. Stopping Bama's ground game is going to be a world different for Texas than stopping Oklahoma's or Texas Tech's. They would have a better chance if they were coming from the Big 10 where the power running game is nothing new.

    On the other side of the ball, Texas' O line is average and that could get Colt destroyed by Bama's blitz scheme. 

    I initially thought Texas was the play. But the more I look at this game the more I think it's Bama. And that's not a good feeling with the public jumping on the SEC team.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-vegas:

      Well that statement made absolutely NO sense.  The line has moved a full point from opening from Bama -5 to Bama -4 becuse the public is pounding Texas. 

    Don't think that's right. Pregame sportsbook spy shows 75 percent of the action is on Bama. The public is pounding the favorite, as usual. Which means there's a solid reverse line play. The public isn't moving the line. It's the sharps.

    With that said, the biggest reason to play Texas -- their run D -- still bothers me because Bama plays a pro style scheme  and they do it very, very well. Texas might have a good run D but they haven't seen Bama's scheme and they haven't seen it run this well. Stopping Bama's ground game is going to be a world different for Texas than stopping Oklahoma's or Texas Tech's. They would have a better chance if they were coming from the Big 10 where the power running game is nothing new.

    On the other side of the ball, Texas' O line is average and that could get Colt destroyed by Bama's blitz scheme. 

    I initially thought Texas was the play. But the more I look at this game the more I think it's Bama. And that's not a good feeling with the public jumping on the SEC team.

     
    phat1pc
    phat1pc
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 113
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 8:32 PM ET #82

    i am a huge sec fan and i think it is the best conference. i think the game of the year for bama was that florida game and their season was over after that game.. everyone is pounding bama and i have a strange feeling that texas will take this one.. texas wins 27-13
    Reply
    i am a huge sec fan and i think it is the best conference. i think the game of the year for bama was that florida game and their season was over after that game.. everyone is pounding bama and i have a strange feeling that texas will take this one.. texas wins 27-13
     
    maldini
    maldini
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 241
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 8:33 PM ET #83

    Oh, one other thought: the underdog keeps winning the title game for a reason. They're not only typically undervalued but it's also easier to focus when nobody thinks you're going to win. Bama has been hearing nothing but how great they are for a month. Texas has been given no shot. Not good for Bama backers. Especially when Bama has focused all year on beating Florida. A let down is possible.
    Reply
    Oh, one other thought: the underdog keeps winning the title game for a reason. They're not only typically undervalued but it's also easier to focus when nobody thinks you're going to win. Bama has been hearing nothing but how great they are for a month. Texas has been given no shot. Not good for Bama backers. Especially when Bama has focused all year on beating Florida. A let down is possible.
     
    skibowe
    skibowe
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 553
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 8:41 PM ET #84

    Big Vegas-

    Good point.  Too many people with "Locks" and so and so's play of the year, etc.  Because you have 50,000 posts doesn't make you an expert on anything.  There are some valuable cappers that I do like to follow their threads.

    As for the game, seems like the public is on Bama though.  But larger money seems to be on Texas.  Still not sure who I'm playing yet but my lean is on Texas.  Kinda reminds me of the USC Texas matchup.  Not that USC is like bama or anything but on paper and public perceptions seems like Texas wouldn't be able to keep up. 
    Reply
    Big Vegas-

    Good point.  Too many people with "Locks" and so and so's play of the year, etc.  Because you have 50,000 posts doesn't make you an expert on anything.  There are some valuable cappers that I do like to follow their threads.

    As for the game, seems like the public is on Bama though.  But larger money seems to be on Texas.  Still not sure who I'm playing yet but my lean is on Texas.  Kinda reminds me of the USC Texas matchup.  Not that USC is like bama or anything but on paper and public perceptions seems like Texas wouldn't be able to keep up. 
     
    FoolTime
    FoolTime
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 183
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 10:57 PM ET #85

    Quote Originally Posted by middletown:

    THE ONE THING I'VE NOTICED IS THE TIME OFF, IT EFFECTS THE PASSING GAME, TCU/BOISE FOR EXAMPLE. iT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH SINCE THESE TEAMS PLAYED, I HAVE TO GO WITH THE GROUND GAME BAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

    Moore looked pretty accurate to me (Boise/TCU)... Using your logic, wouldn't you think the QB with more experience would fare better? Texas' secondary is strong... Auburn & South Carolina's secondaries gave McElroy trouble with less talent & time to prepare than this Texas team has.

    Talk about trends... I'm suprised I haven't seen anyone mention McElroy has never lost a start (High School or College). "Trends are meant to be broken"... I think I read from a couple Alabama backers?  

    TAKE THE OVER!!!! If this game was going to be a defensive struggle the number would be in the 30's like the Nebraska game. 46 points are a gift from God if you follow the defensive numbers. There will be turnovers and never underestimate special teams. I see an NFL style game with more mistakes and even more heart!!

    As for the side... I'm leaning Texas, but what do you guys care?! From what I can tell, everyone has already made up their mind. I'm still not 100%, but I don't see how anyone could look at this game and not take Texas and the points. That's what scares me!!

    Good luck to all...  

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by middletown:

    THE ONE THING I'VE NOTICED IS THE TIME OFF, IT EFFECTS THE PASSING GAME, TCU/BOISE FOR EXAMPLE. iT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH SINCE THESE TEAMS PLAYED, I HAVE TO GO WITH THE GROUND GAME BAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

    Moore looked pretty accurate to me (Boise/TCU)... Using your logic, wouldn't you think the QB with more experience would fare better? Texas' secondary is strong... Auburn & South Carolina's secondaries gave McElroy trouble with less talent & time to prepare than this Texas team has.

    Talk about trends... I'm suprised I haven't seen anyone mention McElroy has never lost a start (High School or College). "Trends are meant to be broken"... I think I read from a couple Alabama backers?  

    TAKE THE OVER!!!! If this game was going to be a defensive struggle the number would be in the 30's like the Nebraska game. 46 points are a gift from God if you follow the defensive numbers. There will be turnovers and never underestimate special teams. I see an NFL style game with more mistakes and even more heart!!

    As for the side... I'm leaning Texas, but what do you guys care?! From what I can tell, everyone has already made up their mind. I'm still not 100%, but I don't see how anyone could look at this game and not take Texas and the points. That's what scares me!!

    Good luck to all...  

     

     
    FoolTime
    FoolTime
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 183
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2010 - 11:50 PM ET #86

    Mack Brown- "This is not about who had the best season. This isn't even about the history. This isn't even about who has the best team. It's about whose going to play the best for 3 1/2 hours,"

    Colt McCoy- "To be able to overcome a game like that (Nebraska), with the ups and the downs and not very many things go your way and you still find a way to win, I think that really boosts your team,"

    "Texas did not handle Nebraska's fierce pass rush well, allowing McCoy to be sacked nine times, and Mack Brown hinted at lineup changes after what he saw as a team-wide subpar performance against the Cornhuskers -- especially with Alabama's formidable pass rush up next. "What we're doing is we're going back and being really, really hard on the guys," Brown said. "We're having a lot of tough, physical drills and we're changing the depth chart daily."

    (ESPN.com)

    Final Play(s); Texas +5.5 ($3)/ Parlay-Texas ML (+175) & Ov 46 ($1)

    Good luck to all...

    Reply

    Mack Brown- "This is not about who had the best season. This isn't even about the history. This isn't even about who has the best team. It's about whose going to play the best for 3 1/2 hours,"

    Colt McCoy- "To be able to overcome a game like that (Nebraska), with the ups and the downs and not very many things go your way and you still find a way to win, I think that really boosts your team,"

    "Texas did not handle Nebraska's fierce pass rush well, allowing McCoy to be sacked nine times, and Mack Brown hinted at lineup changes after what he saw as a team-wide subpar performance against the Cornhuskers -- especially with Alabama's formidable pass rush up next. "What we're doing is we're going back and being really, really hard on the guys," Brown said. "We're having a lot of tough, physical drills and we're changing the depth chart daily."

    (ESPN.com)

    Final Play(s); Texas +5.5 ($3)/ Parlay-Texas ML (+175) & Ov 46 ($1)

    Good luck to all...

     
    makrosdad
    makrosdad
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 45
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 12:59 AM ET #87

    bama bama bama all the way to the bank
    Reply
    bama bama bama all the way to the bank
     
    mikeny
    mikeny
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 1937
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:34 AM ET #88

    Quote Originally Posted by makrosdad:

    bama bama bama all the way to the bank

    This is what 75% of the public thinks and 75 % of the posters on this site are saying. Vegas doesnt usually lose money on big games. 

    The reason I look through this stuff is to read posts like the ones from bamafan9, maldini, fooltime and a couple of others.

    I agree with everything maldini posted....kudos to him.

    This is by far not an easy game to cap..... most of you agree that neb has a good defense and sacked the crap out of mccoy, alabama could very well do the same to texas.

    Even though bama's offense had a great game against florida's defense and ran all over them they also had a terrible game agasint south carolina's defense. The same D that uconn ran all over and basicly malled them. You just cant trust bama's offense.

    I like the texas run defense but they havent seen a running game like bama's this year. Not sure whats going to happen hear but I'm pretty certain bama will have a hard time passing on texas.

    On special teams I believe Texas has the better matchup. They will be getting better field position. They might even score on a kick return. That coupled with getting points because the public perception that bama is the better team. I think I will be on texas.

    Good luck all.

    .

     

     

     

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by makrosdad:

    bama bama bama all the way to the bank

    This is what 75% of the public thinks and 75 % of the posters on this site are saying. Vegas doesnt usually lose money on big games. 

    The reason I look through this stuff is to read posts like the ones from bamafan9, maldini, fooltime and a couple of others.

    I agree with everything maldini posted....kudos to him.

    This is by far not an easy game to cap..... most of you agree that neb has a good defense and sacked the crap out of mccoy, alabama could very well do the same to texas.

    Even though bama's offense had a great game against florida's defense and ran all over them they also had a terrible game agasint south carolina's defense. The same D that uconn ran all over and basicly malled them. You just cant trust bama's offense.

    I like the texas run defense but they havent seen a running game like bama's this year. Not sure whats going to happen hear but I'm pretty certain bama will have a hard time passing on texas.

    On special teams I believe Texas has the better matchup. They will be getting better field position. They might even score on a kick return. That coupled with getting points because the public perception that bama is the better team. I think I will be on texas.

    Good luck all.

    .

     

     

     

     

     

     
    yanke4489
    yanke4489
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:43 AM ET #89

    I love how everyone is basically calling this game based on how each team did in their last game.  I'll take Texas ML please.  Vegas caters to the popular belief, remember that.  Of course Alabama is the favorite, it's the obvious choice.   
    Reply
    I love how everyone is basically calling this game based on how each team did in their last game.  I'll take Texas ML please.  Vegas caters to the popular belief, remember that.  Of course Alabama is the favorite, it's the obvious choice.   
     
    phancard
    phancard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 3706
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 2:48 AM ET #90

    Final Plays

    Alabama -4
    Over 46

    Good Luck Guys
    Reply
    Final Plays

    Alabama -4
    Over 46

    Good Luck Guys
     
    buckeye61
    buckeye61
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 6128
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 4:36 AM ET #91

    Just need bama on the ML to rake in my 3 team parlay. No doubt it is their time.

                               ROLL TIDE!! 

    Reply

    Just need bama on the ML to rake in my 3 team parlay. No doubt it is their time.

                               ROLL TIDE!! 

     
    Spytheweb
    Spytheweb
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2003
    Posts: 954
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 4:38 AM ET #92

    No playoff system, how can you tell who's really #1? I'am glad college basketball and the NFL has one.

    This game is no more than a beauty contest and i hope Ala blows out Texas.

    Alabama -5.0!
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!
    Reply
    No playoff system, how can you tell who's really #1? I'am glad college basketball and the NFL has one.

    This game is no more than a beauty contest and i hope Ala blows out Texas.

    Alabama -5.0!
     
    buckeye61
    buckeye61
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 6128
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 4:42 AM ET #93

    Quote Originally Posted by makrosdad:

    bama bama bama all the way to the bank
         
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by makrosdad:

    bama bama bama all the way to the bank
         
     
    buckeye61
    buckeye61
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 6128
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 4:52 AM ET #94

    Quote Originally Posted by yanke4489:

    I love how everyone is basically calling this game based on how each team did in their last game.  I'll take Texas ML please.  Vegas caters to the popular belief, remember that.  Of course Alabama is the favorite, it's the obvious choice.   

    Wrong rookie, most of us look at the weak links of Texas. O line and def secondary. Neither is chopped liver but given this much time, Saban and CO will dial in the timely blitzes and Bama will be up a TD at half (Tx starts out slow) and will hang on for the cover with a mix of pass and that incredible clock eating ground attack. Tx will want no part of Bama tonight!  

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by yanke4489:

    I love how everyone is basically calling this game based on how each team did in their last game.  I'll take Texas ML please.  Vegas caters to the popular belief, remember that.  Of course Alabama is the favorite, it's the obvious choice.   

    Wrong rookie, most of us look at the weak links of Texas. O line and def secondary. Neither is chopped liver but given this much time, Saban and CO will dial in the timely blitzes and Bama will be up a TD at half (Tx starts out slow) and will hang on for the cover with a mix of pass and that incredible clock eating ground attack. Tx will want no part of Bama tonight!  

     
    buckeye61
    buckeye61
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 6128
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 4:54 AM ET #95

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeny:

    This is what 75% of the public thinks and 75 % of the posters on this site are saying. Vegas doesnt usually lose money on big games. 

    The reason I look through this stuff is to read posts like the ones from bamafan9, maldini, fooltime and a couple of others.

    I agree with everything maldini posted....kudos to him.

    This is by far not an easy game to cap..... most of you agree that neb has a good defense and sacked the crap out of mccoy, alabama could very well do the same to texas.

    Even though bama's offense had a great game against florida's defense and ran all over them they also had a terrible game agasint south carolina's defense. The same D that uconn ran all over and basicly malled them. You just cant trust bama's offense.

    I like the texas run defense but they havent seen a running game like bama's this year. Not sure whats going to happen hear but I'm pretty certain bama will have a hard time passing on texas.

    On special teams I believe Texas has the better matchup. They will be getting better field position. They might even score on a kick return. That coupled with getting points because the public perception that bama is the better team. I think I will be on texas.

    Good luck all.

    .

       Save your , Bama rolls big!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeny:

    This is what 75% of the public thinks and 75 % of the posters on this site are saying. Vegas doesnt usually lose money on big games. 

    The reason I look through this stuff is to read posts like the ones from bamafan9, maldini, fooltime and a couple of others.

    I agree with everything maldini posted....kudos to him.

    This is by far not an easy game to cap..... most of you agree that neb has a good defense and sacked the crap out of mccoy, alabama could very well do the same to texas.

    Even though bama's offense had a great game against florida's defense and ran all over them they also had a terrible game agasint south carolina's defense. The same D that uconn ran all over and basicly malled them. You just cant trust bama's offense.

    I like the texas run defense but they havent seen a running game like bama's this year. Not sure whats going to happen hear but I'm pretty certain bama will have a hard time passing on texas.

    On special teams I believe Texas has the better matchup. They will be getting better field position. They might even score on a kick return. That coupled with getting points because the public perception that bama is the better team. I think I will be on texas.

    Good luck all.

    .

       Save your , Bama rolls big!

     
    buckeye61
    buckeye61
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 6128
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 5:05 AM ET #96

    Quote Originally Posted by FoolTime:

    Moore looked pretty accurate to me (Boise/TCU)... Using your logic, wouldn't you think the QB with more experience would fare better? Texas' secondary is strong... Auburn & South Carolina's secondaries gave McElroy trouble with less talent & time to prepare than this Texas team has.

    Talk about trends... I'm suprised I haven't seen anyone mention McElroy has never lost a start (High School or College). "Trends are meant to be broken"... I think I read from a couple Alabama backers?  

    TAKE THE OVER!!!! If this game was going to be a defensive struggle the number would be in the 30's like the Nebraska game. 46 points are a gift from God if you follow the defensive numbers. There will be turnovers and never underestimate special teams. I see an NFL style game with more mistakes and even more heart!!

    As for the side... I'm leaning Texas, but what do you guys care?! From what I can tell, everyone has already made up their mind. I'm still not 100%, but I don't see how anyone could look at this game and not take Texas and the points. That's what scares me!!

    Good luck to all...  

     

      I Had Boise State ML (yet felt good all game) but Moore was not ON until 3rd Q! The punter threw the 4th and long pass remember. The timing plays will be off some for both teams but this game will come down to who executes and wants it more. It's Bama's game to lose though, and I assure you they won't!!! Saban has great team focus....has their focus on the task at hand and eye on the prize!

    OK I'm done....will come on after game with my toasts to all wise sports investors....not just sports fans.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolTime:

    Moore looked pretty accurate to me (Boise/TCU)... Using your logic, wouldn't you think the QB with more experience would fare better? Texas' secondary is strong... Auburn & South Carolina's secondaries gave McElroy trouble with less talent & time to prepare than this Texas team has.

    Talk about trends... I'm suprised I haven't seen anyone mention McElroy has never lost a start (High School or College). "Trends are meant to be broken"... I think I read from a couple Alabama backers?  

    TAKE THE OVER!!!! If this game was going to be a defensive struggle the number would be in the 30's like the Nebraska game. 46 points are a gift from God if you follow the defensive numbers. There will be turnovers and never underestimate special teams. I see an NFL style game with more mistakes and even more heart!!

    As for the side... I'm leaning Texas, but what do you guys care?! From what I can tell, everyone has already made up their mind. I'm still not 100%, but I don't see how anyone could look at this game and not take Texas and the points. That's what scares me!!

    Good luck to all...  

     

      I Had Boise State ML (yet felt good all game) but Moore was not ON until 3rd Q! The punter threw the 4th and long pass remember. The timing plays will be off some for both teams but this game will come down to who executes and wants it more. It's Bama's game to lose though, and I assure you they won't!!! Saban has great team focus....has their focus on the task at hand and eye on the prize!

    OK I'm done....will come on after game with my toasts to all wise sports investors....not just sports fans.

     
    steve103061
    steve103061
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 492
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 5:35 AM ET #97

    I AM NOT SURE WHO WILL WIN BUT I AM TKING THE TIDE BECAUSE IT WILL BE A PLEASURE ROOTING AGAINST COLT MCCOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    I AM NOT SURE WHO WILL WIN BUT I AM TKING THE TIDE BECAUSE IT WILL BE A PLEASURE ROOTING AGAINST COLT MCCOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    blldawg54
    blldawg54
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 16
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 5:55 AM ET #98

    OMG !! Now i know texas is a good team but i just checked the schedule only to realize the toughest game they played was Nebraska !! Unless you include powerhouses like Oklahoma, ok state, Kansas, Colorado, Hmm, dont forget, central florida, Baylor, Utep and A & M , which a mediocre Ga team dismantled and Texas squeaked by them as well !! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!! Should not even be close unless Mcelroy has a bad game, Good Luck and God Bless to all !!
    Reply
    OMG !! Now i know texas is a good team but i just checked the schedule only to realize the toughest game they played was Nebraska !! Unless you include powerhouses like Oklahoma, ok state, Kansas, Colorado, Hmm, dont forget, central florida, Baylor, Utep and A & M , which a mediocre Ga team dismantled and Texas squeaked by them as well !! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!!! Should not even be close unless Mcelroy has a bad game, Good Luck and God Bless to all !!
     
    steve103061
    steve103061
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 492
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 7:07 AM ET #99

    one thing i hope is that alabama doesnt come out to tight - sabin will have those kids so wound up - might be good - might be bad - texas will come out alot more loose - again might be good - might be bad - feedback appreciated

    two facts i like

    Longhorns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.

    Crimson Tide are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. Big 12.

    Reply

    one thing i hope is that alabama doesnt come out to tight - sabin will have those kids so wound up - might be good - might be bad - texas will come out alot more loose - again might be good - might be bad - feedback appreciated

    two facts i like

    Longhorns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.

    Crimson Tide are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. Big 12.

     
     
    steve103061
    steve103061
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 492
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 7:13 AM ET #100

  • Longhorns are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 Bowl games.
  • Longhorns are 2-6-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
  • Longhorns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
  • Crimson Tide are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. Big 12.
  •  

    Reply
  • Longhorns are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 Bowl games.
  • Longhorns are 2-6-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
  • Longhorns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
  • Crimson Tide are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. Big 12.
  •  

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 456 ... 789 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,364
    • Friday 10/02/2026 910
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,501
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,277
    • PART DEUX 288
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,413
    • Trump's legacy? 32,964
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,554
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 5,856
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 6,037

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.