• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Gaming Industry - US

    5 Dimes has taken a turn for the worse

    DanTos8715
    SportsFan9698
    joanne12
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1284
    Posts: 5
     
    DanTos8715
    DanTos8715
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 10209
    Posted: Jul. 5, 2014 - 10:04 PM ET #1

    I've been a member with 5 dimes for probably 7 or more years now.  I've always liked the book.  Never had any MAJOR issues, just small ones from time to time (like last night when they graded my Mike Trout prop bet a loser when it really won).

    I bet a lot of player props, because I play a lot of daily and season long fantasy leagues.  I'll analyze batter vs pitcher, weather, umps, and streaks.  I wont even follow the games, just check my results at the end of the day.

    Today I placed a player prop on the Brewers/Reds game.  5 Dimes had the game listed as starting at 7:05.  Since I don't keep track of scoring or results until the end of the day, thats the time I figured it was to be played.  I then if bet a soccer play behind that (which lost).

    I logged into my account to be greated by two messages.  The first message stated that my inital Reds/Brewers bet had been "deleted" because it started at 4:05, and I had placed the wager after the start of the game.  The second message I received was that my wager that was if bet behind that wager was "deleted" as well.  My account balance showed zero dollars, meaning my money was lost.  I checked my "graded wagers" and there was no sign of either bet.  I got on live chat to resolve the issue.  They claim the wager was deleted and graded a loss.  I asked how can a wager be graded if it has been deleted, and why was there no sign of this wager in my "graded wagers" section?  They had no explanation, just that I had lost and that was that.  I got a number to customer support and the extension for Natasha.

    When I spoke to her, it was very unprofessional.  She accused me of trying to cheat.  She told me yes that it was deleted and also graded.  I asked how can a deleted wager be graded.  She had no answer.  She told me to prove that I didn't know the game had started.  I was baffled.  How can anyone prove that?  I asked her to prove that I knew the game had started.  She had a very bad attitude with me.  I told her that if a wager was graded it should be under my graded wagers as a loss.  She laughed and implied that it doesnt matter because she can make it look however she likes in the system.  This also affects my cashback rewards, as that $100 isn't going towards my total lost with the book.

    Like I said, I have been a member with them for a lot of years.  I'm sure they are up on me in the long run.  Chances are that $100 they could of refunded me would of been lost in the long run.  There have been plenty of times I catch mistakes on lines and get on 5dimes chat to inform them of their mistake.  I'm not out to get over on them.

    If they would of simply stated that the first bet was cancelled, and the second bet was graded a loss and logged it as such, I would probably feel better.  Unfortunately they claimed it was deleted, when it was not.

    I will be waiting until Tuesday to collect my cash back rewards from them.  After that is resolved, I am done with that site.

    Hope you never experience such disrespect from a site when you are a valued customer.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I've been a member with 5 dimes for probably 7 or more years now.  I've always liked the book.  Never had any MAJOR issues, just small ones from time to time (like last night when they graded my Mike Trout prop bet a loser when it really won).

    I bet a lot of player props, because I play a lot of daily and season long fantasy leagues.  I'll analyze batter vs pitcher, weather, umps, and streaks.  I wont even follow the games, just check my results at the end of the day.

    Today I placed a player prop on the Brewers/Reds game.  5 Dimes had the game listed as starting at 7:05.  Since I don't keep track of scoring or results until the end of the day, thats the time I figured it was to be played.  I then if bet a soccer play behind that (which lost).

    I logged into my account to be greated by two messages.  The first message stated that my inital Reds/Brewers bet had been "deleted" because it started at 4:05, and I had placed the wager after the start of the game.  The second message I received was that my wager that was if bet behind that wager was "deleted" as well.  My account balance showed zero dollars, meaning my money was lost.  I checked my "graded wagers" and there was no sign of either bet.  I got on live chat to resolve the issue.  They claim the wager was deleted and graded a loss.  I asked how can a wager be graded if it has been deleted, and why was there no sign of this wager in my "graded wagers" section?  They had no explanation, just that I had lost and that was that.  I got a number to customer support and the extension for Natasha.

    When I spoke to her, it was very unprofessional.  She accused me of trying to cheat.  She told me yes that it was deleted and also graded.  I asked how can a deleted wager be graded.  She had no answer.  She told me to prove that I didn't know the game had started.  I was baffled.  How can anyone prove that?  I asked her to prove that I knew the game had started.  She had a very bad attitude with me.  I told her that if a wager was graded it should be under my graded wagers as a loss.  She laughed and implied that it doesnt matter because she can make it look however she likes in the system.  This also affects my cashback rewards, as that $100 isn't going towards my total lost with the book.

    Like I said, I have been a member with them for a lot of years.  I'm sure they are up on me in the long run.  Chances are that $100 they could of refunded me would of been lost in the long run.  There have been plenty of times I catch mistakes on lines and get on 5dimes chat to inform them of their mistake.  I'm not out to get over on them.

    If they would of simply stated that the first bet was cancelled, and the second bet was graded a loss and logged it as such, I would probably feel better.  Unfortunately they claimed it was deleted, when it was not.

    I will be waiting until Tuesday to collect my cash back rewards from them.  After that is resolved, I am done with that site.

    Hope you never experience such disrespect from a site when you are a valued customer.
     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2014 - 3:28 AM ET #2

    Talk about making a mountain out of molehill.

    I have no idea if they cheated you.  Hearing one side of the story is no way to make any determination.  I do know that in the past, many MANY players at 5dimes have claimed to been cheated, and from what I know, all of their stories are flawed.

    That is the beauty of a free market... you can take your business elsewhere.  So you need to find a better book.  Good luck, I research this industry constantly, and have not found a better option that 5dimes, especially for the recreational (small wagers) gambler.

    I generally figure that people pose as victims on these forums to disparage 5dimes for not so ethical reasons.  Their competition would like to knock them down a few notches for sure.  I have no idea if that is your motivation, I don't know.  I do think it is strange that you take the time to write so extensively about your situation to anonymous friends to "warn them".  You do realize that for every disgruntled account holder there are about 1000 account holders that are very happy.

    BOL dude.  I hope you find that perfect sportsbook.
    Reply
    Talk about making a mountain out of molehill.

    I have no idea if they cheated you.  Hearing one side of the story is no way to make any determination.  I do know that in the past, many MANY players at 5dimes have claimed to been cheated, and from what I know, all of their stories are flawed.

    That is the beauty of a free market... you can take your business elsewhere.  So you need to find a better book.  Good luck, I research this industry constantly, and have not found a better option that 5dimes, especially for the recreational (small wagers) gambler.

    I generally figure that people pose as victims on these forums to disparage 5dimes for not so ethical reasons.  Their competition would like to knock them down a few notches for sure.  I have no idea if that is your motivation, I don't know.  I do think it is strange that you take the time to write so extensively about your situation to anonymous friends to "warn them".  You do realize that for every disgruntled account holder there are about 1000 account holders that are very happy.

    BOL dude.  I hope you find that perfect sportsbook.
     
    joanne12
    joanne12
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 1359
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2014 - 4:11 PM ET #3

    stop taking shots son at books after you know the game has started
    Reply
    stop taking shots son at books after you know the game has started
     
    DanTos8715
    DanTos8715
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 10209
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2014 - 11:49 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Talk about making a mountain out of molehill.

    I have no idea if they cheated you.  Hearing one side of the story is no way to make any determination.  I do know that in the past, many MANY players at 5dimes have claimed to been cheated, and from what I know, all of their stories are flawed.

    That is the beauty of a free market... you can take your business elsewhere.  So you need to find a better book.  Good luck, I research this industry constantly, and have not found a better option that 5dimes, especially for the recreational (small wagers) gambler.

    I generally figure that people pose as victims on these forums to disparage 5dimes for not so ethical reasons.  Their competition would like to knock them down a few notches for sure.  I have no idea if that is your motivation, I don't know.  I do think it is strange that you take the time to write so extensively about your situation to anonymous friends to "warn them".  You do realize that for every disgruntled account holder there are about 1000 account holders that are very happy.

    BOL dude.  I hope you find that perfect sportsbook.

    The fact that my write up is very detailed and that I took plenty of time to write it should tell you that this isn't to take a shot at them.  I wouldn't get all bent out of shape over $100 if it wasn't for principle and the fact that I was treated like a cheater and that my business there isn't valued.

    Thanks for the response.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan9698:

    Talk about making a mountain out of molehill.

    I have no idea if they cheated you.  Hearing one side of the story is no way to make any determination.  I do know that in the past, many MANY players at 5dimes have claimed to been cheated, and from what I know, all of their stories are flawed.

    That is the beauty of a free market... you can take your business elsewhere.  So you need to find a better book.  Good luck, I research this industry constantly, and have not found a better option that 5dimes, especially for the recreational (small wagers) gambler.

    I generally figure that people pose as victims on these forums to disparage 5dimes for not so ethical reasons.  Their competition would like to knock them down a few notches for sure.  I have no idea if that is your motivation, I don't know.  I do think it is strange that you take the time to write so extensively about your situation to anonymous friends to "warn them".  You do realize that for every disgruntled account holder there are about 1000 account holders that are very happy.

    BOL dude.  I hope you find that perfect sportsbook.

    The fact that my write up is very detailed and that I took plenty of time to write it should tell you that this isn't to take a shot at them.  I wouldn't get all bent out of shape over $100 if it wasn't for principle and the fact that I was treated like a cheater and that my business there isn't valued.

    Thanks for the response.
     
     
    DanTos8715
    DanTos8715
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 10209
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2014 - 11:50 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by joanne12:

    stop taking shots son at books after you know the game has started

    If I'm going to take a shot at book it's going to be for more than $100, GIRL.

    thanks for the response.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by joanne12:

    stop taking shots son at books after you know the game has started

    If I'm going to take a shot at book it's going to be for more than $100, GIRL.

    thanks for the response.
    All Forums | Gaming Industry - US

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,379
    • Friday 10/02/2026 911
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,532
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,278
    • PART DEUX 292
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,458
    • Trump's legacy? 32,965
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,584
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 5,983
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 6,240

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.